/twg/ - Total War General

(You) edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Funposting ahoy:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ep2Fk3L.png
imgur.com/9PPwOcj
i.imgur.com/RvkwtMD.png
imgur.com/QN9Otwo
i.imgur.com/TqxQSE5.png
imgur.com/kKV3ql9
i.imgur.com/I128urs.png
imgur.com/qj1DTMC
i.imgur.com/p08QOGy.png
i.imgur.com/xkg9ipI.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really, really, really just need to fucking vent. Because Steam is so fucking racist and misogynist, and Valve seems to refuse to want to get up off their lazy asses and fix it.
I'm a huge fan (Or rather I used to be a huge fan) of the Total War franchise, but one of the biggest gripes I've been having with the newer games is how whitewashed and streamlined everything's become. This really starts to show up after Shogun 2, and is a big reason why I'm not planning on bothering with future games . This is especially bad in Rome 2. Egyptians are Arabian looking even though Egyptians at that time period would've still looked ethnically "Black". Rome is 100% white for some reason. It's really, really embarrassing. So, thankfully, I've been able to find a few mods that corrected that:
i.imgur.com/ep2Fk3L.png
... Then I scrolled down to the comments:
imgur.com/9PPwOcj
Then I was like, "Oh, this can't be a pattern, there has to be another mod that maybe doesn't have a trash comments section-"
i.imgur.com/RvkwtMD.png imgur.com/9PPwOcj
GOSH. And so I went and checked this other guy's mods. Not only are they downvoted as hell, but...
imgur.com/QN9Otwo
So I went to the guy's page, and I noticed that he did a really interesting drawing of an Egyptian God...
i.imgur.com/TqxQSE5.png
Y'all Know what's coming
imgur.com/kKV3ql9
The worst part is that it's not even just this game that has this bullshit.
i.imgur.com/I128urs.png imgur.com/qj1DTMC
The same dude ended up doing a review calling out all of the racist comments. Just look at his "liked" ratio:
i.imgur.com/p08QOGy.png i.imgur.com/xkg9ipI.png
So at this point I'm 100% done. For the record, I actually HAVE reported all of these comments to Steam Support, but because Steam Support doesn't actually moderate for shit, these comments are still up. I just can't take it anymore!!!

Daily reminder that Lizardmen are the only good guys in the lore and all other factions are evil/corruptible.

Necromancers rule Sylvania.

>/twg/ is so autistic they get triggered by somebody enjoying a faction in a Total War game and absolutely lose their minds

I'm still laughing.

Rollan!

>More than a year until we can raid Malekith's tendies

Let the shitposting begin

Nth for /twg/ not even being able to wait until a discount, buying and then complaining about the price for weeks on end

Daily reminder that no one gives a fuck

>dragons are skinny as fuck
So disappointing.

Please help my squishy Reiklanders.

Wood Elves soon.

Give me that big nigga grimgor

Fuck (You).

For a moment I thought it was taka tony, then I realized it's just taka tiny

Stop shitposting

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

Last one before VLAD THE LAD time.

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

Isabella you're drunk, go home.

Rigged by
>G O R K
>O
>R
>K

Greatswords as your line infantry
Demigryphs as your anti everything
Demigryphys (halberds) as your anti large and anti cav
Handgunners as your anti armour ranged unit
Great cannons (anti armour) and rocket batteries (anti not armour) as your artillery
Luminark for the lulz
Amber Wizards are pretty good, so are light wizards.

asrai arent into chaos
fucking furry

I just masturbated to this picture and got some cum on my elbow...

Any future Vlad players here? I want to kick your asses.

>Already got a (You)

I'm sorry user, I shitposted enough in the last thread, now I'll be off to eat some burger

Its not furry if its not intentionally sexualized by the creators, LM are not furry.

I didn't shitpost. But I can!

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

>food analogy

You can't kick that high, Mannlet.

>Mannlet kicking anyone's ass
oh you so funny

>late game empire army comp

Here's what works for me.

>karl
>witch hunter
>wizzy of choice
>warrior priest
>6x greatswords
>2x halberdiers
>2x halberd demis
>2x lance demis
>2x hellblaster
>2x hellstorm

Karl rolls around with the lance demis as the tip of the spear, cycle charging enemy units as and when the opportunity arises. Halberd demis hang around the outside, ready to either cycle charge or hunt down the most important part of the enemy army, be that artillery, monsters, or characters. Witch hunter pairs up with the halberdiers to deal with big guys in the main line of battle, which is held up by the priest and greatswords. Hellstorms are parked up on a hill somewhere safe, disrupting the largest enemy units as they approach; once the lines meet I move it around to get the best angle on fleeing units, or to stunlock fleeing enemy characters as I reposition my shit to cut them down. Wizzy sits with the hellblasters as close to the line of battle as possible without being in too much danger, firing everything pretty much point blank at any viable target, ideally using elevation differences to their advantage.

YMMV. You will probably need to sacrifice some artillery, cavalry, and characters when you're facing Chaos, since all of their guys have at least 800 armor.

This is just embarassing user

>"Legendary hero" section added
>Krell for Kemmler, Isabella for Vlad
Anyone else that would work for a system like this?

Fug. Meant to say sacrifice stuff for handgunners when facing Chaos. Also consider ranged units for defensive sieges, this is just my cookie cutter late game field army. I'm not saying it's the greatest possible composition, but I find that it can take on literally anything and most likely come out on top.

>helstorm

Get organs gun instead.

empire can't get organ guns you mong

>Gelt
ayy lmao

Well maybe you shouldn't have posted that food analogy.

Alternatively

Maybe you shouldn't have thrown a shitfit for the rest of the thread about the food analogy.

That's what the Hellblaster Volley Gun is, silly user :^)

>tfw vlad is added
>tfw Isabella nowhere to be seen
>tfw they wont be in the same army capturing Altdorf since the faggot mannlet will be long dead

I mean the man sacrificed his immortality for her, generic vampire sloot #12 doesnt feel right

And what the is the Helblaster if not a organ gun?

I really am questioning if the posts you keep referring to were actually in /twg/ at all. I'm also worried about the user that never posted his answer, should we call the police?

>so booty blasted he's misspelling everything

a gatling gun

Seems like a theme, I'll up my gr8swords and handgunners then since I'm mostly dealing with chaos.

No, it's an organ gun. A gatling gun is a single firearm with multiple barrels, whereas an organ gun is multiple firearms mounted on the same carriage. The Hellblaster Volley Gun is clearly nine different small calibre guns mounted on the same frame.

Orcs and Ogres are neither evil nor corruptible. They're literally anti-Chaos weapon prototypes. And no, tattooing penises upon dwarfen skulls is not evil, it's just a bit of fun.

>I really am questioning if the posts you keep referring to were actually in /twg/ at all
Link to last thread is in the OP, you can ctrl + f food.

>I'm also worried about the user that never posted his answer
Sorry, what are you referring to?

It's Helblaster, not Hellblaster.

Can someone please explain this meme? It's been years and I still have no idea why he called him a donut or why that's somehow supposed to be funny.

user stop it, hes not going to stop shitposting if you keep replying.

If I remember my End Times right, Nurgle got a hold of Isabella's corpse somehow and ended up a Daemons of Chaos Lord.

This is indeed the right attitude

Meant as an insult, like doofus or silly goose or something. He just called him a donut.

Then some drawfag saw the exchange and figured, you know what, that's fucking hilarious, and proceeded to make some glorious OC.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Yeah thats why vlad gave her his ring and then killed her in order for her to be ressurected free of possession. Then shit happened and then the world ended because GW is retarded

Cute Alchemists when?

*Bloodsecrator

Now that's true love.

Which shouldn't really be possible because undead are totally anti-chaos and Isabella was still there just being lied to with things like "vlad was an evil rapist"
I don't really get who let that sort of thing pass to publishing
Vlad had a hard life
Also Vlad himself couldn't come back without the ring so giving it to her is a bigger deal

user you just posted the one already in the game

Answer me you random, autistic fuck.

The discussion in the other thread about a boyar rebel faction in the game files made me doubt the inclusion of the Chorf faction.

Which would you rather see in the game, Kiev or Chorfs?

personally, I'm gonna REEE pretty hard if they try to make me pay for a race pack of stupid Polish winged cavalry IN WARHAMMER

So why does he wear that mask? That is a mask right? Why does it cover his entire head?

They're polish winged hussars that ride BEARS though

Because He's a big guy

Chaos dorfs have been neglected since the damn 80s or so. Having them fully featured would like to kick GW in their nuts.

So definately chaos dorfs.

Real talk, nobody knows if it's a mask or not. Gelt in a quest battle refers it to mask, but in the lore and books it's never really mentioned. Maybe it's amask, maybe the accident turned his entire body into gold.

When they announced sixteen factions, that was a reference to the sixteen extant WHFB army books; fifteen in the core game plus the Chaos Dwarf Legion of Azorgh supplement from Forgeworld. Factions like Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, Araby, Albion, Cathay, Ind, Nippon, etc. have never been supported by an army book.

>Chaos Dwarf Legion of Azorgh supplement from Forgeworld
Keep memeing

Not him, and I honestly know fuck all about Chaos Dwarves, but who else would even be viable as the 16th main faction if not the only other faction to ever have an army?

>tfw already bored of warhammies and went back to Medieval 2 and Attila.

Well Ancient Empires "should" release on 30th of september so i'll be witing on that.

Nice blog, I can't seem to find the subscription button though?

>allies invite me to war on somebody across the universe
>they ask me for peace next turn and offer some cash in return

Stupid goyim

Right here *unzips gladius*

>Never bothered with Lore of Vampires since lmao spirit leech
>Cast a Wind of Death, nearly rout the entire enemy front line.

W-was this spell always this good?

This

Yes.

His complaint is legit. Hams will be a legit game sometime by 2017/18, but right now it's just a skellington of its future self.

Yeah
it goes in a straight line so it's basically the only useful vortex spell, and your own lines are replaceable so if they get clipped it's fine
Try it on massed troops behind a gate during a city siege

Honestly Kislev, Estalia, and Tilea sound pretty interesting, the first being the first shield against chaos and the other 2 being renown exploring factions with some weird lore, colonies and armies

Still more enjoyable than R2.

He didn't offer an actual complaint, you making up a rationalization doesn't change his post.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tilea and Estalia were fleshed out in the Lizzy expansion, since they're the factions that have actually explored the New World.

Yeah, it was kind of an ideal situation with a line of zombies holding the front, and I had manny just fly over to the side and overcast it, got 150 kills with a single cast.

I never implied about warhammer being finished or not, just said that i got bored of it for now and waiting for AE.

I wonder what the lizardmen diplomacy will be like. From the little I have read they are a specied that is born from "pools" inside their pyramids and the only "sentien" among them are the Slann, the rest are basically organic robots. It be interesting seeing them interact with other races

I'm more hype for AE than I was for Rome 2, we finally get a proper population and manpower system and fucking army splitting again

Any Rome 2 mod that adds new units that isn't Radious?

Tilea has a unique capital city like other factions such as empire,vampire-counts and kislev. Additionally Estalia is an underdog faction and yet cannot be confederated by anyone yet so im prety sure Tilea will be playable with some unique stuff for the other southern realms provinces that you will probably be able to get when taking over said places as Tilea.

Fuck Rome 2 go play Attila and wait for Ancient Empires like the rest of us

I just hope it's not like EB 2 and works on release and we don't have to wait another 10 years for them to patch it into something playable.

Tilea, Kiev and Estalia will never be playable. They might get a few unique units and reskinned Empire soldiers, but never get their own LL and wizards.

REMINDER THAT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE CA

IF YOU WANT TO BITCH
IS THAT WAY

That's my worry as well, mods are always rinky dink as fuck and hardly work. They've shown off a lot of new systems so lots can go wrong. Speaking of EB2 is that shit finally fixed

is there a rome 2 mod that makes the gameplay and unit collision not complete garbage?

Playing Attila.

Is it me or are some Tier 1 units still quite useful, if only for the fact that their upkeep is tiny and they're still effective if used right.

I have quite a few sets of slingers which are pretty shit but are still much better than nothing when you need some ranged burst power.