Ausfag here

ausfag here
what do you guys think is the most desirable year mustang?
what's the most desirable first gen?
post nice pics of mustangs too pls

Amongst Boomers: either the '69 or '70

Amongst others: no one fucking cares

everybody likes the 69 because it looks the most aggressive

anything pre 71 is good everything after is redneck shit.
this is fact.

66 fastback

anything in this selection is GOAT mustang years. before and after have lousy american-style aesthetics that only appeal to young men.

the most recent one is pretty much the only one that doesn't look entirely shit desu senpai

This post is a joke, right?

Maybe it's a generational thing. My dad had a Mustang II and it was the best car I've ever been near.

I almost bought one of these. I still can't believe I let my wife talk me out of it, but her son needed braces at the time.

It's nearly impossible to find one in mint condition without mods. Here is a nice stang 2.

Call me a hick, but I unironically like Foxbodies or SN95s.

I like some of the custom deuces.

what are those?

here's a nice non-standard color, if you are into that sort of thing.

this would be my favorite rear treatment of all the years so far. If you were behind this guy you just dropped back to a safe distance and watched it go.

not sure if this is a genuine Shelby, but they're all priceless now.

the 74s were nice, but that was a period when the emmision controls took away some of the performance, but a nice stang could still hold off any factory vette in terms of performance and head-turning ability.

the 74 deuces probably had the best handling with skid pad numbers in the high 6's if you opted for the ground effects package. I believe only a few thousand of those were produced so the value is high for a pristine one like this.

oops. pic is here.

another nice orange one. Why did they stop using vivid colors like this. also the minimalist wheel treatment cannot be duplicated by any recent edition.

1979-2004.....complete shit

another nice vintage shelby.

I have to agree. 74 to 77 was the glory years.

when ford released an ad like this the sales of vettes dropped for months. i'm surprised chevy did not file an unfair competition lawsuit.

I hope ford brings this back in a retro styled modern version, but I fear that they would ruin it.

Fox chassis's 79-98 cars are the best. POSs to be sure, but the most fun you have burning rubber and driving around town. The newer, the better.

You can fix all their shortcomings relatively cheaply. And make them as fast as you want/can afford.

the sleek lines of the 76 stang lend themselves well to custom paint in the hands of a talented artist.

>Fox chassis's 79-98 cars are the best.

they are okay but 74-77 was the best era for performance + styling, but as I commented above, it's probably a generational debate that will never be resolved since the older ones are too valuable to risk on a track.

another cool aspect of the 74-77s was the way the stylists paid homage to the Pintos and other affordable Fords of the era.

LOL is OP even still here?

picture is another well-preserved Shelby.

Other than the Shelby's, my favorite deuce would be the notch coupe.

>OP ask for desirable mustang
>people posting mustang II and foxbodys

Like seriously, Do you have autism?

Here is a good mustang OP

that is a nice paint job but the early stangs were just Falcons with nicer wheels.

pic related is a couple of nice stangs.

foxbodies are desireable

Mustang II are 70s shitboxes

>74-77 was the best era for performance + styling
That's pretty laughable considering the top engine was 302 V8 putting out a whopping 140 horsepower

a boss 429 would a rape a mustang II.

pretty much any one before '71.

doing a front end alignment is a huge pain when you have to adjust the camber/caster on them though. they don't have as much of a frame as compared to other cars made in the same era too, so be prepared for body twisting if you start trying to race it.

OP here, he is right, I think the mustang 2 looks shit
sorry guys

5th gen, before they ruined it with facelift

such clean shape

Everyone has different opinions on looks, but

>no Terminator in OP pic

triggered