VW Rabbit

Is the vw rabbit a piece of shit? I don't want to buy another car that has one failure after another. I just need a car for literally weekend driving as I don't do anything and I'm enlisted.
carmax.com/cars/volkswagen/rabbit/2007/13254327

Other urls found in this thread:

ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.5/Lighting/Fog_Lights/Kit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Unreliable and complicated.

Unreliable, complicated, and parts are needlessly expensive. Look at a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic instead.

What causes them to be that way? My gfs jetta seems ok besides her choice in tire place that caused sensor problems.

The 2.5 is a shit engine. Heavy, doesn't like to rev, bad mpg, not paired well with the automatic trans.

Just buy a civic.

30mpg, 5speed because I refuse auto, weight is really a thing because I won't be racing the car.

Why not a civic? It's perfect, unlike a vw.

Because civic strives to be the most ruined car within 500 miles of my town. They are too low and break easily.

>too low and break easy
Literally what? It's no lower than a rabbit. They don't break easier than any other car. You're retarded.

Civics are worshipped for "reliability" those cars are so available at any junk yard or salvage yard that the parts are literally a dime a dozen. I will not consider a honda because A.) They do not suit my need of a reliable car and B.) They do not appeal to me in any aspect that a car can. Mind you if I was looking for a 98 civic, that would be a different scenario. But I'm looking at 2005 and up.

Honda's and Toyota are the two most reliable brands ever made. VW is one of the least.

Em2s are perfectly fine. How a vehicle is maintained is more important than mileage.

Funny, I've seen Toyota's and Honda's sitting next to Ford's and Chevy's at every shop. I'm trying to find the problematic cars and avoid them. VW wouldn't be around if they only made shit. I have excluded all Japanese cars but Subaru from my search of cars though because Japanese cars do not appeal to me and I might as well buy a camaro for the price difference.

Maybe that`s because they are so common? Also don`t expect some granny to know how to maintain a car.

Grannys and children are the ONLY demographic that buys civic! Wtf are you fanboys going on about? I'm looking for midsize and fullsize cars and you tumors come in recommending a fucking compact. I actually use the fifth seat in my vehicles so please fuck out of this thread with your wannabe sedan/race coupe

I've had a 2008 rabbit for about five years. I haven't had any particular issues with it, only thing I had to replace was the wiper linkage. That was kinda a pain in the dick though. The interior is pretty meh for a golf, the fuel efficiency kinda sucks and when I bought it I also tried the auto and it was pretty shit. Definitely get the 5 speed. Otherwise it's been an alright DD though.

Are there any problems that should one should just go to a dealer or is it generally fine to diy?

>asks about a Rabbit
>HUUUURRRRRRRR GUIZE ONLY WANT MIDSIZE AND FULLSIZE RECOMMENDATIONZ

>I don't want to buy another car that has one failure after another
Don't buy Volkswagen then. German cars are garbage.

Well I've heard they can be a pain to work on and my experience with the redoing the linkage definitely indicates that this could be true. I've never had any problem so far which needed a dealer so can't really speak to anything specific

Rabbits is about the size of a jetta, civic is about the size of a cobalt.

>Rabbit is about the size of a Jetta
If we're talking 5 door then maybe, otherwise IT'S THE SAME FUCKING SIZE AS A CIVIC YOU LITERAL FUCKING RETARD

They're all in the same fucking segment. You're retarded.

How about you look at the rabbit in the fucking link you blind fuckboy.

Is the linkage a common problem or was it just roll of the dice fuck up?

>German cars are garbage
>Japanese is apparently superior
Fuck off

When mine busted I googled around and apparently it's common. For what it's worth the new part cost about 75 canadabux and took me a couple of hours to do the installation, following YouTube vids and swearing a bunch

You are fucking retarded, the 5 door Rabbit is the same segment as a 4door Civic, IT'S A FUCKING COMPACT YOU STUPID FUCK

Swearing is apart of the process. What's your mileage in km/mi

They are garbage, fucking Deutsche FANGIRLS are fucking cancet

Have you sat in the backseat of both? Because you're wrong. While they are compared to each other. It's like comparing a cobalt to a c class

I bought it end of 2011 with 60k kms on it and since then I've just hit 140k a few weeks ago

I honestly prefer American made but if it isn't American, it's European to me. Japanese cars are simply not as good as their American/European conterparts.

Does the rabbit in the link look worth it?

Looks very clean but price seems a bit high. I paid 13k (again in CDN dollars) for mine five years ago, with less mileage. Like that grey a lot, got white cause that was the only 5 door 5 speed they had but really wanted that charcoal

Gunna talk it down to below $10,000. But I'm also in Texas so I have different climates to worry about. Gunna jip them with sand. Complain it had a beach pass or some shit.

Get out before I sick my weird lookin dog on ya.

Nice man, you probably don't have to worry about rust from humidity and de-icing salt. I live in Quebec and the climate blows for cars.

In general this is a pretty fun car and it's practical. You can fit a good amount of shit in the back when you fold the seats down. It also doesn't perform horribly, I've taken it up north to the mountains and driven it in a pretty spirited fashion. It's not a sports car, but subjectively I find it more fun than say my ex's Nissan Versa or other similar econoboxes

Do you know if installing fog lamps is a bitch or not? Fog lights are a must in my area.

Hmm not sure, sorry m8.

I've seen some mk5 GTIs with fog lights and I don't think they're stock. The platforms are similar too so it must be possible. I've got no doubts it will involve swearing and beers though

It is what it is i suppose.

>talking down carmax
Good luck with that faggot. They don't budge at all. Their whole schtick is car buying made easy. Haggling isn't easy to normalfags.

Hey OP, owner of a 07 3-door Rabbit (manual) for 3 years now, bought it used with 150,000km and now at almost 220,000km.
Some of the stuff other anons said is basically true, especially regarding the engine. It's a big bulky engine that consumes too much gas and doesn't respond with as much power as you think, however with the manual and a heavy foot this problem can be mitigated, for example I've adjusted for this by shifting at 3500-4000rpm on an almost constant basis in order to feel any sort of real power. However, other than that, it's a pretty great car. You can throw it into any corner with confidence and it will behave properly. The way the car handles, coupled with its small size, can lead to a lot of fun depending on the driver.
There are also other quirks with the car but I'd need an extra 3 paragraphs to get through it all, but if you have any more questions, just ask and I'll pop in this thread later and try to answer your questions.
>pic related, here is my Coelho

You have much to learn if you can't haggle carmax. They know the all of a rock when it comes to wtf they sell. Plus, you need to be able to walk away from a car at anything wrong. Lowers the price especially if you go to your car.

ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.5/Lighting/Fog_Lights/Kit/

Anything especially bitchy with the car?

Literally everywhere on the internet says they don't haggle. There's no supr sekrit word you say for them to lower the price. If you want a better deal, get it from somewhere else.

Again. I'm not a car scrub. I can negotiate.

What the fuck are you on about nigger? You see a lot of Civics in junkyards by number because a fuck ton of people bought them.

Japanese cars have been consistently and statistically some of the most reliable cars for decades and hold their value very well for this fact alone (barring Mazda). This is coming from a guy who owns two Ford's, one of them an F-150.

Were you victim to some 80s-tier brain washing on how bad DEM IMPORTS are because you only trust AMERICAN MADE CARS MADE ON A WEDNESDAY

Either way, it's your money spend it however the fuck you want, but you should at least know you're horrifically misinformed.

I worked in a shop is how I know they're shit so please, stop bringing up your bubbly pieces of shit.

All the plastic panels and small parts in the interior will creak and squeak to hell, at least in my personal experience. It also has a pretty plain interior (although not ugly or confusing by any means) and certain models do not come with an arm rest in the middle, so watch out for that. In terms of reliability, it has been a pretty positive experience. Still riding on the original clutch at 220,000km and the only part which has failed on me and cost me money has been the alternator. I've also needed to replace my catalytic converter and the thermometer in the engine for basically 2 years but I've just ignored it since money is tight. Cars runs the same as the day I bought it.