/evog/ - Evolve General

Ded game Edition

>Add yourself to the list and find people here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5OZeDS9TrO4
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebNqlzlk8Yfr3aKOpUhw7yL7q4QjX7GUkzAV2h5mE_qeZMiQ/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=h_QCxExtOMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just let it die

>check the steam group
>the admin is higgus
>the autistic shitter that got literally kicked out of most Veeky Forums groups and clans for being "too autistic"

There is no way we are going to be able to complete the community challenge

>page 10
>3 replies

holy shit this is dead

F

Other generals will never manage to be as dead as this shithole.

They literally had a second chance, and killed it in a month.

I never even played this game but rip my nigs.

But our telemerty says the game is more balanced than ever. We just don't understand? Don't people like balanced games? :^)

Oh, someone bothered to make the general again.

Any news on co-op becoming fun again?

You didn't miss much youtube.com/watch?v=5OZeDS9TrO4

After the event where they say they may aswell take it out if they couldn't get people to play 100k matches of it for two skins and a free character.

>they say they may aswell take it out

Haha, no way they have said something like that.

The devs are shit, but they couldn't really be this retarded, right?

But co-op vs ai is taking games away from our hunter twitch mains you see?
We need to fix that and also make it so monsters can only be hurt within 5 meters.
Because hunters just weren't hunting them just sniping them from miles away totally unfun.

Worth it desu

Tokyo Mirage Sessions general had more posters than this

Nothing to duscuss about this shit game anymore.
I guess sonic speed bot hunters are kinda laughable.
TRS, just kill it, stop trying. You've killed the game once, it's time to stop.

This is like the most sad part. Such a potentional, but horrible devs like this.

How many people are actually playing this? I only sign in once a day to get the daily but I've been thinking about uninstalling.
Although the Tribes bug is fucking great, I wish that was the normal movement. Remove jet packs completely, keep the climb, and make it to where you skate around fast as fuck normally.

That'd be shit against monsters with better verticality than bob or ryu though.

just had an extremely close game as gorgon, only won because I played like a little bitch
>half a bar of health left at the end
>this was after just barely running away with half a bar of health left at stage two, poison slowly ticking away at what little health I had
>only won because the assault got cocky towards the end, probably because he just wanted to end it.
Why can't close games like this happen more? This shit would've been fun even if I had lost.

>Go to Turrtlerock forums and it's people bitching about how good hunters are, and how they need nerfs
>right under it is someone gloating about a 100 win steak on monster and everyone's acting like it's nothing because he was up against randoms
I don't understand

I don't have a LOT of hours in Evolve, but enough to get a basic handle of the game.

In my entire time in pay2play and free2play versions, I have had MAYBE two games that were close enough to be interesting.

Retards think that because it's a 4v1 they're superior to them when they at this moment have everything they need to just keep winning.

Most medics are useless under any focus dps, most supports pick kala unironically and feel surprised when they lose because they keep using the armor removal tool, most assaults are fucking pussies and most trappers have downs.

Monsters just have to handle their own ass and TRS already wiped it for them more often than not, but if they ever let up on their bitching TRS might make the game fun for the other four people playing it so they'll never shut up.

tl;dr: Monster mains are fags.

Everyone likes to think that
A) they're in the top .005% where hunters are genuinely better than monsters
B)They should balance for this .005%

New matchmaking comes Tuesday. Really hoping they don't botch it, but I already know they will given their track record.

>People play like retards so lets nerf Monster/buff Hunter
And suddenly battling people that actually know how to play the game (which should be the norm and what the game is balanced around) becomes far more difficult for the monster because the game was balanced around retarded idiots. This is the entire reason the game buffs one side or the other depending on if it's randoms or premades. People being retarded on your team or not knowing how to play doesn't mean hunters should be buffed or monster be nerfed.

>tfw older than Caira
feels bad man.

Is Kala bad? I've still got some hunters to buy why the fuck am I still playing this awful game but is she worth buying?

The reason this skill disparity even exists is because the game is designed like shit and does an even shittier job of teaching newbies how to play.

Yeah, you want to talk about balancing around only mic-using teams of four who are experts at flanking and trapping the monster? Be my guest, you're balancing around 10% of your playerbase and that WILL NEVER GROW.

She's awful in an uncoordianted team and ok in a coordinated team(although the other supports are much better in those situations). Since you're mostly going to be dealing with uncoordinated teams she's fucking terrible.

Kala is bad if you use her armor remover.
At this moment due to mechanics removing the monsters armor and letting health damage occur is just helping them leave the dome faster.

You should only do it if somehow you and a friend get together and the friends monster and everyone else left so you can farm "dome win" keys or some shit. She's below average but not absolute shit but only as long as you never use her armor remover tool.

Like even before all these buffs in the monsters favor I was winning with goliath against my founder friends with max perks and shit when my only perk was like the bronze feeding speed one because I wasn't a fucking idiot.

Now if I started picking monster all the time with how I have free goliath and free kraken to work with and these monster perks they threw out on daily log ins I'd probably manage a 100 win streak like any other shit twitch streamer.

>Kala is bad if you use her armor remover.

>guaranteed health damage is bad
Just don't be retarded when you use it

Here is the link to put yourself in the list, hopefully the next fagtard will put this in the post instead of the list!

Nigga, the dome is about the only time you're going to get two people close enough to the monster to do meaningful health damage.

And it isn't a matter of being retarded. Someone would have to be told using that drops the dome because it's certainly not intuitive.

Then again this game still wants everyone to solo dome because of that giant F TO DOME F TO DOME splayed across the screen.

at lest u tried

I'm the biggest fagtard to ever live. here is the link docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebNqlzlk8Yfr3aKOpUhw7yL7q4QjX7GUkzAV2h5mE_qeZMiQ/viewform

You know a better way to guarantee your health damage.
By actually destroying the monsters armor and then damaging it you retard.

Current dome mechanics make it so using it just rips time out of how long the dome stays up and if you're using it all the time like most retarded kala pickers do you're just letting the monster keep their max armor while usually taking barely any actual health damage as they realize you have no way to stop them from just mauling the people trying to hurt it so your retarded decision to use a useless item equal to slims spore launcher looks slightly less fucking stupid.

Kala's armor removal tool needs to either not take time off of the dome when it allows for health damage or just weaken the monsters armor so it's removed better. If I wanted guaranteed health damage that bypassed armor I'd go Crow cause at least his shit isn't retarded and his kit isn't retarded.

tl;dr Kala is the worst for health damage because her tool gives all the armor back to the monster as soon as she gets tickled.

Hunters are good.

Hunter players are bad.

The story of evovle's life.

I didn't realize dome was up the entire game, thanks for educating me.

>Play in a pub game
>10 mins in and we only domed the monster twice
>tell my teammates to follow me to get a buff and camp at the relay
>emet follows me
>kala goes to her purple portal to meet us by the relay (because fuck the buff that's why)
>trapper going after the gorgon
>gorgon evolves
>trapper domes
>purple portal melted in acid
>emet went after his teammates instead of putting a beacon
>I cri
>get called a pussy

What's driving me nuts that whoever called me a pussy has like 1.5K hours into the game

Just pick Crow if you want to damage the monsters health through its armor retard, her tool is like a shit cabot damage amp but worse.

Except it serves a different purpose than the damage amp. Damage amp is for sustained fights while armor remover is for brief periods of combat, hence why it's on a character that can place teleporters on the map.

Then again you think several seconds of damage being applied directly to the monsters health not counting against the dome timer is balanced.

With how they keep nerfing assault damage?
Yeah sounds pretty balanced after all these changes.

But knowing TRS they'll just reduce Kala's armor reducer ammo and keep it being useless, which it is.

It has shit range, requires Kala to sit her ass next to the monster, uses ammo just reducing the armor, and then the armor immediately jumps back to max.

It's useless compared to just taking the monsters armor down normally or using Crow's charged rifle blast and has no purpose in the dome or out of the dome.

I keep forgetting this is the same place that thought Parnell was bad

Kala is fucking garbage but not solely because of her Armor Reducer. She's garbage just like Cabot because of the fact that she has no extra defensive capabilities besides her shield burst. Her teleporter is never getting used in pubs due to the lack of communication and knowledge of the general pub player. Her armor reducer is not completely useless. It has its uses, namely under the circumstance that the monster reaches stage 3 and comes back for a fight but with little health and full armor. It's useful at deterring faggot monster play where the monster delays by continually dodging the dome and coming back at full armor.

Nah Parnell's great.
Kala has a useless item.
All there is to it.

holy fuck this thread is up again?

why make it barely 4 hours before it hits EU hours where its guarenteed to die?

New match making? Is that gonna make it so I can fight my friends in normal games or is still gonna be that faggy "Earn fewer/no rewards if you duel friends" shit?

Just wondering if that game is gonna be worth installing soon...

Kala is utter shit, shitter.

Nobody seriously considers her viable.

There is no known public strats with her

Feel free to prove me wrong anytime. Show us that sikrit 3l33t technique with Kala

Go on nig

I never said that she was good, I'm merely saying that her armor removal tool isn't complete shit like you think it is.

If you mean be in a group and still play monster yeah, that'll be an option if you're willing to put up with retards not voting cataclysm and overpowered out

I was honestly waiting til the update dropped to make a thread again. I'm surprised someone tried before then

Kala is perfectly balanced according to trs, so make sure you bring her into every game you play.

When this game hits stage 3, if it ever does, the playerbase will sink back down to the hundreds.

it explains why the group is so dead and badly managed

pusi ass bitch

it's still in beta stage 2 lol not even proper stage 2

face it evolve is kill

>not even proper stage 2

I really hope that isn't true and they don't plan on doing another set because if it is true, that is fucking sad.

Okay so what the hell am I doing wrong? When i'm playing as Hunter, I can never seem to jet up cliffs with a monster on me. As monster, people can seemingly jet up with impunity even as i'm hitting them.
In both cases, what do I need to do?

Double tap space with no direction held.

>bot jack
>never seems to run out of repulsor
>play jack yourself
>your repulsor is disabled/gone if the monster as much sneezes in your general direction

bots run under their own conditions. they have twice as much jetpack, more health, and they can rubberband and warp to get to places they're supposed to be.

evog......premade........when......

lol

by all means, user, i'll delete the current steam group right now and you can manage a new one, i'll do it if someone replies to this post giving me the go-ahead

i personally don't play evolve that much any more and if you feel like simply making a new steam group will fix all your problems feel free to make a new group and advertise it in the thread

Holy fuck thank god. I might actually reinstall this thing now.

But I swear to god if I pick monster and my friends pick hunters and I kick there ass and I get fewer rewards/fewer keys FOR ANY FUCKING REASON it's instant uninstall.

There has GOT to be a better way to duel friends as a monster and not get punished for it without breaking the game. I don't know what it is, don't care to think of a way, but I see no reason to play this game if they can't fucking think of one.

I get that people were abusing the system or whatever the fuck. But fuck that and fuck them. I want to murder my friends as a giant spider. It's my fetish.

>have a coop event
>the update that enables the event also introduces annoying bugs into coop

>They won't extend coop event
>They'll probably fuck up fixing the bugs
>They'll probably end up removing coop entirely under the claim that they're going to work hard fixing it

>play hunt
>2 premade hunters on my side use the exploit to get massive movement speed to catch up to the monster and dome him fast
>monster can't catch up to them to do anything in the dome for minutes
>tell them they are faggots and I wont help them since they
>they flip out and act like I am the cancer
>they whine to the monster to kill me
>tell the monster my reasons for not helping them is because they are using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage against him and I am only balancing it out
>monster agrees with the premade faggots that I am the bad guy here
>they want to report me

Wew
What makes this more hilarious is that the next game I had the monster play crying whole game that somebody was cheating but when asked who or how he said "I DON'T KNOW"

This game is beyond dead and this community is beyond fucked.

But thank god TRS is going to keep nerfing slim and hank to make sure the monsters don't suffer toxic gameplay.

What the hell is this exploit and why haven't the devs fixed it?

>and does an even shittier job of teaching newbies how to play.
This is the problem that needs to change, players need to be taught how to play the game better. The game itself shouldn't have it's balance changed because people don't know how to play.
>balancing around only mic-using teams of four who are experts at flanking and trapping the monster
It's a team based game, if people aren't communicating and working as a team, you should expect to lose. You don't even need a mic, just understanding your role and knowing what to do in different situations is more than enough for randoms to go against a monster of equal skill, but nobody ever knows what to do, mostly because the game never explains it.

but they made a hotfix patch just before the weekend (weekend is when they don't want to work), it fixed AI related speed bugs! it says so in the patch notes
quit being so toxic and critical! TRS can do no wrong

deda geam

>evog is sometimes alive only because some people wants to say that game is shit and dead
TRS, please. I don't know, delete this game from steam. Let's all just forget about this game.

>Planned to play Evolve to take part in the co-op event
>Matchmaking broken and had to watch the same people "leaving and coming back for the next matchup"
>Gave up trying

Hopefully there's still people playing though. Nothing like drinking beer and playing Evolve with your friends every now and then.

There's no point of using lazarus device anymore tbqh

Yeah. The sad thing that you have to realize is that the game is (or was) smarter than your average Evolve-player.

I mostly played Evolve with a group of 3 with one random, and most of the time it was enjoyable. And yeah, there wasn't that much of communication involved really. As you said, a lot of it comes down to knowing your role and situational awareness.

Bump

>match against a Wraith as crow
>no communication between team yet we split up into pairs to corner the monster with one ahead one behind
>spread out when it evades us then pounce once everyone has converged
>it's a slaughter of the poor waifu monster

So this is competence power, huh? Not bad.

aaaaaaaaahahahaaahaaha

this is sad

Are there actual character skins for

Nordita
Union Jack
Predator
Infinity
Sword
Arctic
Leviathan
Savior
Victory
Night Hunter
Phoenix
Bushman

?

Weirdly... i think not.

But most hunter skins have one or two weapon skins that go well with them.

I really want night hunter and victory character skins

nordita mite b cool, too

There was a 1 000 000 games in the first place, right? They're change it later to 100 000?

Make me a moderator and let me try to do my best to save it.

It was always 100k

this is an autistic response

name?

silikone

holy fuck the thread actually manage to stay alive past eu hours

good luck with na hours though

youtube.com/watch?v=h_QCxExtOMM

Really makes you think.

>co-op doesn't award win streaks anymore
and the game is dead

gg TRS play your "muh 50/50" with your 100 active players

>game dying
>that means no more lewds
ITS NOT FAIR!!!

trying to force 50/50 via constant nerfs is absolutely retarded considering how many new players are (or were in this case huhuehuehuehue) shit and don't know all the necessary basics of the game when too much of the useful info is not available in the game itself and has to be searched online and/or learned over time

>no futa kala

Why does TRS think anything with 'VS AI' will help to make the game more interesting? Why not focus solely on the (more fun) pvp aspects?

They didn't multiply the wins as 4 per-player like with the last event, otherwise it would've well exceeded the 100,000 mark at 172,052 wins.

Of course, they only did it before to make it look like hunters were winning at something :^)

Maybe they will balance hunters vs AI. Balance hunters vs (player) monster is imposible...
Anyway the game is not good enough to succed in this state.

Is the event still on?
Where could I see this progress panel?

honestly the main problem is that the devs seem desperate to make this an esport, which given the current climate seems to be a terrible idea, especialy since making an asymetrical 4v1 competitive game would be a balance nightmare for even the best dev team, let alone TRS.