Dodge durango 2000

So apparently i stripped the whole where the bolt goes to hold the caliper into place, i have no idea what to do. any ideas? Pick related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLgwJzL2gTY?t=124
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here
Pick related^^^

Thread it. Get a bigger bolt

You sure that was threaded in the first place?

But sense all the bolts are standardized then were would i find another one that fits?

I am 100% sure

This you sure the bolt doesn't go through there and screw into the caliper like 90% of other cars on the road do?

I'd get another hub before tapping personally if not.

Get a longer bolt and put a nut behind the flange.

here is the bolt that goes inside that stripped whole

it does but that's not the point.
after a point it just spins, not getting any tighter.
Unlike the other side witch worked perfectly fine

If you haven't got a tap, you can try gently tapping the area around the stripped thread with a hammer to shrink the hole, then screw the bolt in a bit at a time to clean the threads and finally remove the bolt and refift with some locking compound. I've used this loads of times.

Thanks
I think that will work

I forgot to say try to use some grease or at least something like wd40 to lube the bolt.

just buy a tap. napa sells good quality individual taps for like $3

why has no one mentioned a thread repair kit yet? for fucks sake...

oh, and for all you dumbasses telling him to use a larger/different bolt, you never do that with a caliper bolt. They are always special bolts and using just any old bolt you find will end up getting sheared off and the caliper breaking free.

What he said. That hole isn't stripped op. Get a new caliper bolt, and repair the thread in the caliper if stripped. Also, stop working on extremely important stuff like brakes if you can't figure this out yourself.

This

>any ideas?
youtu.be/NLgwJzL2gTY?t=124

Helicoil

the thing is fucked... i hear scrap prices are rebounding. time for a new durango