Florida meet!

Florida meet!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound
aliexpress.com/item/New-Bluetooth-Headset-Wireless-Earphone-Headphone-Bluetooth-Earpiece-Sport-Running-Stereo-Earbuds-with-Microphone-Auriculares/32616854951.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if i lived in florida i would go

No you won't

aren't you the guy who hates FWD

hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was fun though. Dorifito and hot dogs. We should get together, but closer to Central this time. No way am I driving from St. Pete again.

>Wanted to go last time
>Was in a period of financial instability
>Moved from Miami to Orlando

I-I have a kinda nice bike n-now hehe.. Please, let's have a meet..!

>Bullshit aside someone find the archive of the old meet and learn from that shit, so you don't commit the same mistakes as last time, and possibly even have a better turn out this time around.

Here are the mistakes of last meet in one simple post.

First: People. Originally we planned on having at least a dozen or so people. MR2 user, Pepsifag, some other trip I can't remember, and some anons. MR2 flaked hard and the other trip had a blown engine in his car. Some anons then flaked because of this, assuming meet was done. We also had some trolls, so the number was grossly overestimate. Still a decent amount showed up, with 6 people, but not nearly close to the dozen who said were going to come or debating.

Second: Location. Having the meet in Miami was a bit of a problem in itself, since when the pan was launched, there are a lot of anons all over the place. Having it in Central ruled out all Northern fags and almost all Central fags (Myself being one of two that went). If it was more centralized in, say, Orlando or Tampa, it would most likely have been more popular, and could have been much better.

Third: Activities. This one is Key. Since it was kinda thrown together, there wasn't much planned to do. We went to lunch, hung out for a while, played some arcade games, and generally talked with each other about cars. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't sound too exciting either. If we planned a meet near an event, or made an event like drift competition or race on this strip, it would have been much better.

Fourth, and lastly, meeting in general. Let's be honest, do you REALLY want to meet people from Veeky Forums? Sure most are cool, but there are quite a few that ruin everything for everyone else. Thankfully, there was no one like that at the last meet, but the possibility is there, which drives people away from wanting to meet in the first place.

That's it. Follow these guidelines and you're sure to have a good meet.

>People
That's the hard one

>Location
Orlando.
Even if the turnout is low, there's a bunch of us in/near Orlando

>Activities
There has to be a kart track in Orlando

>Fourth
well.... hm

I'll be there

When dude?

Poorfag fat highschooler will definitely be there. In my 4cyl Isuzu hombre, that is, if I can cough up 300 american pesos to buy a clutch kit.

I'll go senpai
You might be the first person I've seen to acknowledge that they're in high school on here, 18 or otherwise

I might go if it's in Orlando. I live about 40 miles north of there. I've got a CBR, but I assume that's not a problem, right?

There's 3 big kart centers in orlando, I think

What vehicle you bring doesn't matter. See:
It's about the people and what we do when there. That's all it really comes down to.

I've got no shame in being a high schooler. I do have shame in working at Walmart though.

Would I be welcome even if I'm underage (hypothetically)

There's no reason to, I only just graduated last month myself. Most people just don't openly say it though.

The last meet was too far, like 3hrs. If you guys put something together more towards the center i'll show up

Nice. I'm down for basically whatever. I only moved up here from West Palm like 6 months ago, so it'll be cool meeting people. Is there anywhere other than these threads you organize these meets? I feel like relying on threads wouldn't be very reliable.

HOW MANY JACKSONVILLE ANONS WEW

This meet is going to end with me doing donuts and crashing, probably getting arrested after going to the hospital.

Sounds like typical Florida shit.

Just show up user, don't tell anyone you're underage and don't become a tripfag after you inevitably do.

Depends on how much underage ban. If you're that one 12 year old, better bring your hot milf mom. 16 is fine, but we're not babysitting.
Relying on threads is all we have. However, if we make it more a general like Socal and houston, it becomes easier to manage. Only problem is, these threads die fairly easily, so idk.

somewhere here

near A1A pls

Dank. As long as we don't go to any strip clubs I'll be fine.

>If you're that one 12 year old, better bring your hot milf mom.
;^)

That's really a shame. Honestly, I haven't been going on Veeky Forums very long so it's surprising to see that there's not many people in Florida for meet ups. I'll keep a look out for these threads if this one dies.

MEETUP AT PULSE?
MEETUP AT PULSE!

How are we supposed to maintain our reputation as a shithole if we don't do stupid shit?
Shits kinda closed off right now tho, the closed a big section last time I passed by there. Could do it near there I guess.

Shame the only gaybar in town is Hank's/ Faces right now. Probably still trying to scrub the AIDS out of the linoleum at Pulse.

I vote Hank's.

Come on now people, if we wanted to do a fag meet we'd be on lgbt.

We should make this a general like /hou/ or the socal meetups.
Maybe we could have different meetups around the state if we get enough people/traction.
I'm sure there are like 10 anons in 904 that would be willing to meetup on saturday nights or something

I didn't say there was anything bad about it just that it was typical.

Fathighschoolanon here, it the meet happens in Orlando I'll definitely buy hot dogs or some cheap shit to cook on my tailgate.

If you bring a grill I'll bring some meat and stuff

If you want to really do it like /hou/, go send someone to scout out a good twisty road in the general area of the meet, and just drive that as a group. "General area" can mean up to a 70-mile radius if need be.

Jfc I'm in Saint Pete! We could... do whatever Veeky Forumstists do together!

There are no twisty roads in Florida.

There aren't that many near Houston either. You gotta look real hard for them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compound

I get my bike back on saturday, so I'll probably try that.

There's not many that are very long. There's some decent roads, but they're hard to find.

Only thing we have in Florida is long sweepers.

If it's Orlando I'll bring my SV650 and after a few drinks at the gay bar, I'll learn you bitches on how to rip dank whoolies

Good half-abandoned industrial park off N. OBT that'd work.

Those can be fun for driving really fast, but that's about it.

Also just saying I'm participating in this thread, but I don't have a car that I'd be able to take out of the city right now. If the meet is in like 2 months I'll probably have one.

Listen, only me and Nig nog car get to do St. Pete stuff together. I guess you could join if you wanted to do stupid bullshit though. What do you have in mind?

Ozeolla Trail is decently twisty

Why deleted? This seems fun as hell to go to

Guys
What if we pool our resources and all help eachother tune our cars and go really fast so we can have a meet
Its genius

Hell i don't know. I've been looking for nice people to take me off roading. My truck is almost ready.

Whos it woul dbe like the midnight club except not

>10 Veeky Forumstists taking sweeping turns at 100 while blasting eurobeat
Sounds fun

I don't off road, but I do know about some kinda cool undeveloped property my uncle has. It's mostly flat is the real problem.

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE
THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE
THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE
THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE
This is some shit that would be great for everyone, especially if the meet was somewhere in central florida.

That's what we had. Tore up this backroad highway at triple digit speeds with a slower chaser cruiser group.

>8 miles
You have my total sympathy.

Police kind of turn a blind eye to it, so it's probably best it not get too popular. And I don't want to be held accountable for anyone fucking around out there.

Whatever. I like wrenching, too.

>That's what we had. Tore up this backroad highway at triple digit speeds with a slower chaser cruiser group.
We can do this

Actually with that twisty road we could do some INITIAL D REGULATIONS

This would be fun

by which you mean?

Cat and mouse races are neato

Here's another decent twisty in central FL

>tfw my rwd cant drift
>tfw only 100hp
>tfw have to rev the shit out of it to keep up with traffic
>such is life with a 4cyl truck

just be the mouse first and block the cat with your big old truck

Now, trips aside, I wouldn't recommend doing *just* racing on it. For one, that might attract the attention of the country bumpkin law. Other people might be put off by doing actual racing as opposed to a group run. If you want to race, I'd say do it after a group drive so people don't feel obligated to race.

Now THAT looks like a proper Florida Dagumi Circuit.

fug wrong file
>big
It's practically a ute, it even sits low.

He'll just lose in the second run though, and that's if the cat can't pass him at c-121

I honestly prefer this to mountains because I don't have to worry about falling off if I fuck up.

Just take the bed off and make it a drift truck

Fuck this thing looks so cache, would totally be down for doing this.

>Now THAT looks like a proper Florida Dagumi Circuit

>Fuck this thing looks so cache, would totally be down for doing this.

>I honestly prefer this to mountains because I
don't have to worry about falling off if I fuck up.

So FL race meet?

Another good tip is the Zello app. It's free in the GooglePlay and Appstores. It essentially lets you use your smartphone as a walkie-talkie. We've found it lets us coordinate as a pack, and that would probably be nigh-impossible without it.

That's really useful. I was just thinking about bring two way radios, but that's even better.

This is a good idea. Only thing I don't like is that I'd be able to listen, but not talk back. Kinda hard to use your phone with a helmet on.

>Kinda hard to use your phone with a helmet on.
couldn't you use a bluetooth headset or something?

You don't have bluetooth in your helmet? You should be able to get a cheap bluetooth thing and keep your phone in your pocket and still listen.

Not just a race. Make sure to have a cruiser group for the people who just want to cruise with their br/o/s.

Also set designated rally points along the the route so stragglers can catch up and the group doesn't get TOO strung out.

Yea, but I'm broke nigga. I'll get a Sena eventually but it's pricey. It'll run me a couple hundred bucks or so. I'd get one, but I'm about to drop $1200 on a new wiring harness and fuel pump.

>Not just a race. Make sure to have a cruiser group for the people who just want to cruise with their br/o/s.
good idea

>let designated rally points along the the route so stragglers can catch up and the group doesn't get TOO strung out.
Also a good idea!
there seems to be quite a few stopoffs on the route that we can use as rally spots

If I were you I'd get something like this to use for this until you can get something better

Hey, being able to listen is better than being totally deaf. Even if you can't talk back, you can still hear the rest of the group coordinating and know where to go/what to do.

FUCK FORGOT LINK
aliexpress.com/item/New-Bluetooth-Headset-Wireless-Earphone-Headphone-Bluetooth-Earpiece-Sport-Running-Stereo-Earbuds-with-Microphone-Auriculares/32616854951.html

That was the plan.

I've tried something like this before. The wind noise is really bad. As long as I can hear it'll be fine.

Miami CL is such SHIT

Oh, I forgot to ask. Is there a time frame for any of this?

PBC reporting in. Possibly interested in this.

No kidding! What did you expect from little cuba/haiti?

I expected the market of a major american city

But in actuality as soon as you leave the city limits ALL OF THE USED CARS GET BETTER IN PRICES, TRIM, AND AVAILABILITY

City = shitty in nearly all ways, this is not news

As much as Miami fags boast about it's motorsports, miami sucks ass for everything. Only upside was seeing a french chick topless on a beach when I was a teenager.

mid july?

bamp

its 5 am no one in FL is awake

i am

me too

real nigga hours

Mid July sounds fine with me. Like the 16th or 17th maybe?

Damn boy looks like you wrong

I was up all night watching Brexit shit

topkek