/scg/edg/ Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Space Sim General T#30

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/edit#gid=1226618314

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tIzyjoBNlEB6obPnlonJQG2BSoUar6QCXlC7yIzleG8/edit?usp=sharing
officialrecords.broward.org/OncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=60086811&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best ship!

>doing a rebel pickup mission
>haven't picked anything up yet
>get pulled out of cruise
>dogfight!
>havin a great time, he's quicker and harder to catch up to but my weapons hit hard, one ore good strafe and he's mine
>sec force shows up
>he's wanted, i'm not
>they rip me to fucking shreds

what the fuck

i should mention that they scanned us both and declared me wanted before shooting me down

I put two of my three AEGS Power Generators and my two AEGS coolers on my Aurora. Also swapped the Bulldog Repeaters for the Avenger's Suckerpunch Cannons.
How long until it blows up?

I mean, how much more efficient will my ship be?

Better ship!

nth for shitty Vanguard

>joystick axis isn't represented by the ship axis
>this is """intuitive"""

lol

(you)

xth 4 killvette

>thinking rebindable keys is a sign of bad game design

Stop posting forever.

Reported

I don't understand what you're saying

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REFERRAL CODE SHOULD REFER TO THIS LINK AS IT CONTAINS ONLY /SCG/ REGULARS

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

guy, we're done with this conversation. you're a moron.
if it's not intuitive to you, change it.
to other people, it makes sense.
just chill, man.

Stop shilling your goddamn plebbit ripoff.

How does one put their referral link on there?

Not the original guy who made it. Also:
>wanting to cuck yourself to plebbit and plebbitors

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tIzyjoBNlEB6obPnlonJQG2BSoUar6QCXlC7yIzleG8/edit?usp=sharing

Add your code to this spreadsheet

I'll put this in the op next time, I just copy pasted the last one.

What can I do in Star Citizen? Thinking about getting into it but I'm still leery after all the extremely shitty releases lately.

Wait a bit, once 3.0 comes out, or Squadron 42, it'll be worth your money hands-down. If you want to get in early, you missed the cutoff to get Star Citizen and Squadron 42 in a single package, but you can still buy it for pretty cheap compared to what it'll be on release (which should be $60 for either).

enjoy all the bugs.

But don't. I can tell from your wording you don't know what an alpha is

why would you want to play something that doesnt have any content and is in fact still in heavy development?

>you missed the cutoff to get Star Citizen and Squadron 42 in a single package
the mustang and aurora packages are still up on the site.

What does this mean?

community goal area

They're $45 for access to Star Citizen (The Persistent Universe.) Squadron 42 costs an extra $15. Or vice versa, if you buy the Squadron 42 package first instead.

I got to say one thing I much prefer about SC is the way FTL works. The jump points feel like they give more structure to the play area.

In ED you can jump from anywhere in a system to any star system in range. Seems like it would be hard to hold an empire together when someone could, at any time, shit out a warfleet above your capital. The best I can think of is that maybe it's a kind of MAD situation.

WHERE ARE THE AVATARFAGS

Is one of you in morai raping dads? they're pretty upset

I wonder if the drop ship variant will have any load out changes besides the seats.

If they put badgers on the nose in place of the m4a's I'd almost consider it.

The jumping in SC so far makes it feel like a living world. You're not forced to go into a "super"-space area in which half the objects in the universe don't exist

>avatarfags

Do we even have any of those? I never noticed anyone using a character repeatedly, or even a ship.

Why the fuck do people on reddit give a shit about Chris' personal dick sleeve? Isn't Sandi only part of the company because she sucks mad dick and has an above average pussy? Why do they care?

Use STAR-G56C-XWKD when you join for some extra credits

There's no jumping yet right? Just point to point QD?

Smart gave her a spotlight by sperging out super hard over her because he's a stalker/potential future serial killer.

Why the fuck do you care?

man, Star Citizen will be so much fun when we have Veeky Forums organized suicide missions to piss off all the Connie fuckers.

Around a single gas giant.

>tfw the game probably wont come out in my life time

No, you can jump. Default bind is spacebar.

Correct. Hopefully routes will have to be traveled via jump gates.

I'm sure the space waifus will come soon enough

I heard rumors that in order to keep morale up in the company Chris basically told Sandi to just regularly walk around and offer people blowies and handjobs while they work.

Oddisee is an SDC member.

>connie

you're aiming too low user.

Reinterpreting your fellow homeless' crazed ramblings doesn't count as a source, Derek.

That is a rather old picture.

that's an open secret, I've went there to report on the game in 2014 and interviewed Chris in the conference room on the future of the game. In the middle of our interview Sandi walks in completely naked, crawls under the desk and starts blowing me. That day I wrote whatever bullshit Chris promised me into my article. Blah blah enormous universe with amazing attention to detail, blah blah best example for crowdfunding, you know what I'm saying.

Not that old, 2014

I accidentally walked into Foundry 42 one day, asked them where I could take a piss. They showed me the way to the toilet and as soon as I was finished redecorating their bathroom Sandi knocked open the door. I thought I was done for for pissing all over their floor. Instead she just kneeled down and started sucking. Honestly the fastest Quantum jump during the entire alpha desu.

I hear ya famalam, told her that she's a worthless analslut on twitter once, she contacted me with a PM, brought to me a day later by Chris with a private jet, knocked on my door and as soon as I opened she pulled down my pants and worked her magic. Let's just say that that woman probably doesn't know what a hole-in-one is, more like a hole-in-3.

officialrecords.broward.org/OncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=60086811&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search

Where will he go?

>ED keeps shitting on itself every time i deliver a page of exploration data on jacques
>ctd whenever i want to check messages about ranking up with local faction
fine, tomorrow then.

This is reddit tier.

Thats my point meng, nobody ever does any shinanigans cause nobody knows where the fuck anybody is
I wanna take some screenshots but I dont know how to enable free cam mode and much less how to take a screenshot

No, as in this is reddit-tier humour, if it weren't for the fact that reddit literally is too white-knighty to do it.

>lol dudez shes such a slut amirite

like i don't know how to phrase this to get my point across without sounding like an SJW but still, your humor is fucking trash tier

Oh this was just humor, that's a shame, i'm diamonds right now

i mean if your only response is to call me a white knight it should be self explanatory that the joke is shit tbqh

Rebind it to something else, it's a 3key combo by default. Screenshot is f10, hq is shift f10. I rebound freecam to num+ and screenshot to num-.

>humor
>telling the truth is humor

Americans everybody

Back into the hole of obscurity he's been living in since 2003.

>officialrecords.broward.org/OncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=60086811&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search
Not the same derek smart

what joke? She sucks dick. What's so funny about sucking dick? Do you ever see people laughing when they get a blowjob?

Can we please stop le ebin shitposting?

>like i don't know how to phrase this to get my point across without sounding like an SJW
You're right about that, so shut up, faggot.

Sandi, slowly clambering on top of Ben, cheese oozing from him as her hands softly press against his cheery rolls. He sets his burger down to one side, and reaches at her skull-like head with a gimpy hand, motioning at her to take his lightsaber in her awkwardly wide jaw...

you first manchild

how will the UEE ever recover?

looks like a ship I would've drawn when I was 8

So what are your home galaxies in ED?
Im kicking nicely in Yembo, Hi Tech and comfy space cube station with dank missions

'Duul ships need more internal space.

ATTENTION LAZIES AND JEWFULMEN

I have discovered it is possible to run the Crusader map without any other players, GREATLY improving performance. I just saw 57 fps for the first time in probably a year on this game, using my haggard GTX 670, though it was brief.
If you are on a potato like mine and just want to see all the content without mysteriously exploding or crashing give it a shot.

this is an old trick that will be familiar to anyone who used to mess around in the old test map before AC came out.
WHAT YOU MUST DO: go into StarCitizen/Public/Data/Levels and find the Crusader_DFM folder in /DogFightModule. drag it back to /Levels. now give HangarApp some other name likerealHangarApp or oldHangarApp, whatever you need to remember it as the original. Then change the name of Crusader_DFM to HangarApp.

Then all you have to do is jump in game, but instead of clicking on Universe, hit Go To Hangar. It spawned me on Grimhex, alone in my own instance. Not really sure why it chose here,; I have no crime rep or anything and have yet to see the station, so I don't mind.

What would be the perfect beginner trader ship? Just an Aurora CL?

hull A

I hate all the skinny, twig like parts on that ship.

>DUDE lets cover it with SPIKES and SHIT and COOL BLADES AND STUFF DUUUUUUUDE

Hull A. Hull B if you don't want to waste your time.

That's basically vanduul ships: huge, intimidating profile with paper thin armor.

So, what you're trying to tell me, is if they fix the netcode, we'll be gucci?

what's all the pointy shit for? maximum edginess?

The profile would be a lot more intimidating if they they took off those tiny spikes that look like they would break off from the smallest debris hitting them. Pic related

gucci nucchi. and that if you want to have the forumdad experience in SC, you can do so now, eliminating all the major performance problems and all the redditors from the game.

does that mean that we can achieve maximum comfiness/roominess if we steal one of the larger vanduul ships?

yes. The vanduul literally worship personal blades, and their fighters are designed with blades in the design to ram or something like that. I got rammed by high level vanduul on multiple occasions.

can you rent ships for PU yet?

I wish I could actually see my MFDs

>maximum edginess?

Yes, actually, Vanduul love edges. More specifically they love blades. They put blades on their ships. They carry around unique personally-crafted daggers. They're all about close combat because it's EXTRA glorious. Their entire culture revolves around being so edgy you become an edgelord and build your own Kingship.

That ship is intended to do pretty much one thing: Launch boarding craft.

That sounds gay as fuck desu

They kind of remind me of Dark Eldar from 40K.

The point is the ship in it doesn't even exist anymore.

Stupidest shit I've ever heard justifying an even stupider looking design.

vanduul blades are folded 10000 times

GRORIOUS XENO STEERU

I wish I still got giddy ad a child. Even more so when talking about my job.

Nobody ever said the 'Duul were smart.

Prove it

If it wasn't he would have denied it vehemently by now.