First car

First car.

Yay or nay?

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5634333897.html

Other urls found in this thread:

scranton.craigslist.org/search/cto?search_distance=20&postal=18704&max_price=2700&auto_bodytype=2&auto_bodytype=6&auto_bodytype=7&auto_bodytype=8&auto_bodytype=9&auto_bodytype=10&auto_bodytype=11
binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/5640736220.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nay. Get a corolla

DO IT

DO IT
O
I
T

2 door, convertible, and turbo
fucked for insurance

Saab
enjoy maintenance

Insurance on a '91 anything isn't going to be that bad and there are plenty of independent Saab mechanics in OC and LA, so maintenance won't be too bad

DO IT
O ITD
ITDO
ITDO
TDO I

great car, Saab community is by far the best

only weak point really on the OG900 is the transmission

It's an unusual layout as well, longitudinal FF

bump for Saab

>longitudinal FF

Holy shit, I didn't know there were any of those outside the old Tornado and Eldorado barges. I might have to get one eventually, then.

supposedly helps with the torque steer

I have a transverse NG900 turbo, it torque steers like a bitch

OG900 looks fully sick

Cheap 2 door convertible, why not a Miata?

older Saabs are even more stylish though

muh V4

they're also pretty tough

Fuck yeah, do it. I love mine.

How the fuck is an SPG with 170k only 1500? Goddamn, they are like 8k+ here in the Northeast. I would be cautious as fuck. Listen for whining in higher gears and make sure the turbo is in good condition too. Trying to get a good post-87 c900 as my first car too. Found a nice one in Buffalo but whining pinion gear and 260 miles away doesn't make me too sure of pulling the trigger.

Frogs did it too at some point, with a Maserati V6 no less.

Really? Huh. Thought they were a transverse. But there's no fucking way I'm going to touch an SM; I've seen pictures of their engine bay.

The XM also uses a longitudinal engine, as does the DS.
The hydropneumatic Citroëns switched to transverse engines with the BX.

Anything here look good?

>scranton.craigslist.org/search/cto?search_distance=20&postal=18704&max_price=2700&auto_bodytype=2&auto_bodytype=6&auto_bodytype=7&auto_bodytype=8&auto_bodytype=9&auto_bodytype=10&auto_bodytype=11

I'm also sort of interested in getting some sort of Saab or Volvo either like the OP or a wagon. It would be my first car too, I want something pretty cheap and fun. I'm new to Veeky Forums and not much of a car expert so I would probably be in over my head, but for some reason I just feel drawn to them. Just how much work can I expect from owning a used Swedemobile?

Watchmakeranon? I thought you were dead.

>Not knowing this

>Limited parts availability
>turbo
>169000 miles
>only $1500

Yeah, OP, this is a great idea. There's no red flags here at all.

Put a big front mount on it and use garden trim for a front lip or some shit.
Also stance it

So my mom gave me this 2009 scion xb... What should i do to it?

>fwd
Don't make the same mistake I did

Hey, no cross-board stalking. But yes.

I just can't recommend a 25 year old turbocharged Saab as a first car, as much as I like this car.

"Runs great" ha right...

They even put the engine the right way, unlike the Germans, where the engine is hanging in front of the car.

light it on fire and collect the insurance check

I just remember you had a sweet Saab and you fixed my dad's watch up for me, I haven't been to /wt/ in a while either.

So how much time and money does it take to keep that car up? I don't know about Washington, but Saabs are pretty rare here in Texas so finding parts or a mechanic would probably be a pain.

Saab insurance is weirdly low. My buddy had the same csr except non turbo and it was 400$ for a year

It's even more of a fucking bitch to work on, though.

born from exploded jets

because "Architects never build things that move much, why would they possibly drive anything fast?"

To be honest, all of the major things that have gone wrong were in one way, shape or form caused by me. That being said, I've been pretty impressed by the availability of parts. eeuroparts.com has pretty much everything you could need, and at pretty decent prices. Having a good Saab mechanic close by is a nice reassurance, but thankfully I haven't really had to use them yet. I also watch the local pick-n-pull like a hawk for when any old generation 900s come in.

No, parts too hard to find

Get this binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/5640736220.html

having owned an oldish saab (99) don't do it op, fun cars if you have money to blow but not a good poorfag car. if you do buy it don't even think about sick mawdz.

Thats an AZ car. Ive seen it a few times.

A+ would buy from again

Kek ill take that advice

I would get it if it were not a convertible.