Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Khezu & Gigginox are fun edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
-gematsu.com/2016/08/monster-hunter-frontier-z-update-announced-coming-ps4-november-22

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/pages/199.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you?

how hard is it to get speedsetup + bombardier on dreadqueen?

>Love Seregios
>He only appears in the Dunes

Khezu and Giggi ARE fun

Edit your charm user. Literally a victim less crime.
Make a rook talisman, Set speed setup as your first skill with 8 points (max for it at rook), set bomb boost as a second skill with 8 points (max for it at rook) and add 2 slots.

Doing 1000 runs to TRY to get that charm won't do you any favors. Don't waste your time with a gambling system meant to make you try new stuff (and stopping you from doing so).

Fuck man, nobody even gives a damn unless it is plain impossible bullshit

Also on V.Hollow :^)

>he
I'm sick of these gays who won't shut up about monster dicks.

volcano and v.hollow

>not being up to par on MH lore

cringe

Get your mind out of the gutter jackass the only one with dick on the brain is you.

Haven't fought on that map yet. I'm HR5 now and have to munch through the keys. It's just that I started toying around with IG and am farming for Seregios' IG.

good luck, you'll need it

even if I got something like that people would think I cheated it in

Make a CQ

>huurf duur monsters are males and I must refer to then as males instead of things
Fuck off furfag

Cringe

Why is /mhg/ so beta? Who cares what people think? Fuck them

>make gore megala SA because dragon element and power phial, why not
>check out sword mode since you can't preview them in the smithy
>some convex bat'leth extra-plus sword
wow, I have never felt so satisfied just holding a weapon in MH before, this thing is badass.

www65.atwiki.jp/mhxtawiki/pages/199.html

So the LBG TA for grimclaw tigrex uses a pierce LBG.
Would pierce really be better on him? he's constantly in the players face in solo, I doubt there'd be enough room to be in crit distance most of the time.

Do you think i'd do fine by using normal level 2 instead?

You can't make impossible charms as far as I know.

>Cringe

/reddit/

You first

Any unlocked turns room up or should I make one?

>Projecting your latent desire for dicks because I used an extremely general use pronoun

Read the flavor text on that thing.

>Fuck them
I tried and now I have a parole officer and a restraining order

>Puts trap
>Monster spends 5 minutes on the other side of the trap spamming long rang attacks
>Monster move area

>Puts drugged meat
>Monster move area

>Puts Bomb on sleeping monster
>Bnahabra/Vespoid triggers it

>Use limited time hunter art
>Monster flies away to absolute opposite end of the map
>reach area
>monster flies away again
>reach area
>Hunter art ends

>backtracking with cheap projection this hard

If you don't see it, make it.

Fatalis is my favorite monster

Cringe

That seems like it would hurt a lot.

Suck her hot rajang futa dick?
Yes

It would be very painful

Yeah that's exactly what they did

Rathalos is a motherfucker.

Unlocked turns room
45 4451 3035 3329
rage

>tfw striker longsword with deviant weapon and hunter drank

longsword HAs are fun as hell

you're a big dragon

how exactly do you use drugged/tainted meat? Monster never eats it

He's a big elder dragon

4U

They'll eat it if they're hungry.

Certain carnivorous monsters do. They will only eat once they're exhausted, you can see drool coming out of their mouth. The easiest to get to eat your meat are Deviljho and Tigrex probably. Actually very helpful for Deviljho since he eats fast and it gets you free para & sleep on him.

Only specific monsters eat it.

Jaggi, jho, im guessing tigrex eats it too but i've never seen him do it.

>I-I-I tried to warn you about my hips onii-chan! Sometimes, when I get excited, they start moving all over the place!

jho is a disgustingly hungry little shit

I remember the first time I fought him I dropped meat by accident while healing and he ran over, knocked me down and gobbled that shit even though I was out of sight

its cute

I want to punch that animu is her face

I want to fuck that plessy

so do I

legit question: what rank/skill should you be at before you start joining multiplayer?

i've always done solo out of fear of dragging a group down

From the last thread

I'd like to learn LS and I don't know where to start. For starters, should I pick Striker or Adept?

Next, what armour skills should I be aiming for?

And finally what moves / combos should I do on a downed opponent? on a still opponent?

Thanks.

Striker/Guild if you're unfamiliar with the weapon, Adept if you're comfortable diving into attacks for blade level

As long as you don't consistently cart or knock everyone around during quests, no one really cares.

I'd say to try them both out and see which you like more. Adept requires the adept evade to raise your bar, while Striker doesn't. Armor skills are the normal blade skills, along with razor sharp. Earplugs is good if you're using Striker.

I fucking love the gore switchaxe. It's edgy as shit and doesn't pretend to be anything else, its axe mode is a goddamn scythe

Daora' Janah is also a scythe in axe

Guild or Adept. If I remember right striker loses something important, but I can't remember what.

Keep in mind that adept loses the backhop from the side slash and can only go left or right. You also don't get a fourth hit to your spirit combo, so you'll have to continue after the third.

Spirit combo is real useful and real good for damage, so if an enemy is downed you'll want to use that.

Roars are real nice for going up in spirit level and most monsters have enough of an opening to successfully get the hit and get out.

You can use a spirit attack after some of your normals, so its useful for getting a little bit of meter if you need it for the fourth power up.

thanks. I'm basing my choice on the Japanese TA whereas Striker was the most popular at 45% followed by Adept at 40%.

I would also like to know what moves I should perform on a downed or still opponent.

Dread king room starting from 1
23-0082-2119-9317

assuming i'm not using a natural white weapon
at what raw value does using sharpness+1 to get to white outweigh the damage from a blue with AuL?

Spirit combo, always. Spirit attacks are where the majority of your damage comes from, so you'll want to be using them as much as possible. The only reason I really use the X/A combo is to build spirit. Depending on the length of the down period, you want to use all the way to spirit 3 when you can, then reset with fade slash and chain with R. Striker loses this, though, as it loses the spirit combo after fade slash.

Build meter and use spirit combo to get to red gauge if you haven't already.
If Adept you could try activating the dodge on your teammates's attacks for an easy boost to you gauge.

Then just go nuts swinging your red/yellow weapon and pressing R sometimes. Find a good combo you like.

No real requirement. Just join a group and try your best.

If you want to feel like you can really contribute, I'd suggest being able to solo a [low-rank] Tetsucabra in under 20 minutes. Based on my 4U adventures, Tetsu seems to be the biggest wall that newbies face. The second wall that's more specific to MHGen I would consider to be solo Nargacuga in 30 minutes.

Those times are generous and assume you are using gear that has not been levelled past their HR. (ie, only HR1 gear for Tetsucabra, and HR2 gear for Nargacuga. If you can do those two, you should be fine to not drag a group down.

On the itemisation side, making use of the Trader to procure a steady stream of items and making use of combining to create key items. Every player should always have a stack of Lifepowders, and in High Rank, Combo Books plus components for more Lifepowders.. Bring Flash Bombs and Sonic Bombs as appropriate, and ALWAYS bring Dung Bombs. You have 24 item slots, so put something relevant in as many slots as you can.

On the theoretical side of things, know when and how to use Flash Bombs and Sonic Bombs, and how it impacts the monster. Don't all crowd on the head when a monster is down; yes it's a massive damage weakpoint, but give it first to someone with impact/blunt damage and don't trip them over.

Should I be able to kill deviants by myself? Fucking Lagombi raped my shit and I was using HR4 gear

How exactly am I supposed to use the adept LS? Try to build spirit gauge while waiting for an attack to dodge into spirit finish and unload the combo there? Or just basically ignore the spirit gauge?

What a cool, confident plessy! She doesn't care that all the hunters can see her bare, dripping pussy!

>If I remember right striker loses something important, but I can't remember what.
striker loses the sidestep swipe, worth it desu

>annoying mice with weapons are staring at her cloaca
If you were in her shoes would you give a shit either?

If you hit a weak enough point with the side swipe, you can literally get to white as soon as the hunt starts with 0 spirit. I don't know if it's universal, but I try to build a full bar then go for red. Once you're at red and have a full spirit gauge, spam spirit attacks.

Don't forget that TAs aren't necessarily the best judge for general usage, especially when you're just picking up a weapon.

Thanks for the responses. I don't have many problems with village Tetsu, but I haven't tried guild Tetsu yet, so I'll give that a shot too tonight to see. Thankfully I'm not really a newbie (got up to HR village in 4u before I set the game down for a while. So I'm not "good" per se but I wouldn't say I'm "bad" either).

Also thanks for the tips on bringing the right items. Since I only solo I have absolutely no clue on bringing items to contribute to teamwork. So that helps a lot.

Thanks anons!

Whoops, meant one of those quotes to be for My bad.

lagombi hits like a truck but yeah he's the one of the easiest besides Stonefist

>try elemental piercing LBG because people say it's a meme
>sub 5 min everything

wtf I love LBG now

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing some of that myself
HBG siege mode feels too locked, powerful as I'm sure it is, and Bow doesn't have enough 'umph' even with Teo and all of the screenshake

Is it ok if I just go back to the old evasion+1 lancing? I don't like this absolute technique.

Would anyone care to join a room with locked HR? I just want to hunt a bit and all my friends went to bed, I could really use one more Rathalos or S. Ceanataur before going to sleep myself

HR6 hub, turns
61 5168 9798 0597

I know that feeling way too well.

>switched to low rank gear for helping a friend rank up without just carrying him
>eldra musket (swag cannon)
>getting more KO's than I ever had maining hammer
>what have I been doing with my life before this?

if I want to start heavy bowgunning what should I look for in a HBG?
I've heard that shaggy's and mizu's are the best, but why?
also does the best gun change if I'm going to be using adept?

its way worse on A.Steppe

I got the shooting star from a relic, is that one alright?

Shaggy can siege Pierce Lv2 and Normal Lv2, but needs Recoil Down for the former.

Mizu can use Pierce Lv2-3 without Recoil Down and comes with both Water Pierce shots, but can't siege pierce.

Daora can siege Pierce Lv1 and is surprisingly effect at it.

From my understanding anything that can siege pierce is pretty much the way to go. Extremely heavy damage pumped out very quickly due to not needing to worry as much about the recoil normally associated with the ammo type.

Near as I can tell it's pretty alright. Maybe not end-game material but still pretty good.

This image is NSFW and breaks the rules user, please delete it before the janitors ban you.

12-0088-0996-0733
unlocked turns

Flash and Sonic Bombs work extremely well on some monsters. Sonic Bombs will knock Cephadrome out of the sand. Flash Bombs work on a lot of monsters in a general sense, but *airborne* monsters are specifically weak to them. Traps are good for creating openings, but some monsters will resist one type of trap depending on their enrage state.

Combine your knowledge of Flash/Sonic weaknesses with monster telegraphs. For example, I can land a flash on the Raths the moment they're airborne about 90% of the time.

Nibelsnarf's got something a bit unique, if you can get him to swallow some Large Barrel Bombs, he'll come up out of the sand and sort of tap out. Sheathe your weapon and fish him out instead of whacking away.

Nullberries are good for Dragonblight if you are reliant on element/status. Armourseeds will nullify the DefenseDown status of Deviljho and Akantor. Keep a few Large Barrel Bomb+ in stock and bring them if there's a status gunner or sleep weapon. (Kettleblower and God's Isle are the main gunner weapons to watch out for.) Energy Drinks are generically useful, bring them for stamina and to counter sleep, Bring Demondrugs and Armourskins to fill out empty slots.

And for my pet peeves, don't whore the items in the Supply Chest. You're not going to use them all. Leave Rations and EZ Max Potions especially for carters so they can get their stats topped back up. Don't treat Max Potions as a healing item; treat them like Rations - an item to max out your health again after you die.

Whats the most aesthetically pleasing gun (heavy or light) that goes with the blue guild set?
stats and shots literally dont matter

What do jinouga's pawsies smell like?

Lost Musket. Why do you want to know?

well because I like the blur guild gunner set better
and since its strictly for charm runs, the weapon doesn't matter anyway
I just want to be as fashionable as possible

Why are 4th gen maps so SHIT?

>Ledges
>useless curves on the terrain making aiming gunner weapons literal hell
>Tiny alcoves for monster to wallfuck you
>LEDGES

Well that makes sense then. Enjoy!

I like the maps as they are other than Dunes. It's a lot better than every map being a totally flat plane for the most part.

>puts trap
>glavenus move area
>dungbombs the shit out of him until he went back to the area with trap

>tfw no breast slider
>tfw no titty monster hunter

I'm actually fairly OK with dunes (at least in area 7)

Volcanic hollow on the other hand is no fun, especially against hyper seregios. You're either starved for space or have to play around weird inclines and ledges all over the place

Ancestral Steppe 4 can fuck right off.

Can you unlock at HR100+ or is there some sort of limit of how much points you can accumulate before getting an unlocked rank?

Naturally 75% of the monsters you fight there spawn in area 4

I just don't like Area 2 in Dunes, it's such a pile of shit to fight on, both for the player and the monster.

the ancestral steppe in general can fuck off
area 3 is the only good one