/hg/ - Halo General

Personal Hell Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Anvil's Legacy due out September 8th. Includes new maps, reqs, and a custom file browser. Launching alongside Windows 10 Forge
Official Information: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-anvil-s-legacy
B-Roll trailer: youtu.be/A8fSC9jlVEM

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/comic-con-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

>Canon Halo Works
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141295-Splatoon-Datamine-Reveals-Future-Content#&gid=gallery_4321&pid=1
splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Version_history
youtu.be/xn_FfDvuSfg
twitter.com/nwplayer123/status/644923978155356160
twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/670296247828283393
nintendo.com.au/support/index.php?action=help&helpcatID=353
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actually, they're not. I didn't like splatoon, but the campaign was ok, you didn't have to pay for cosmetics and modes didn't become harder because you didn't pay money for better guns, the free DLC wasn't made pre-launch, 4v4 is a standard for shooter games, splatoon has more maps than most Halo games, and it does have splitscreen, but one person has to use the gamepad.

>personal hell
This describes /hg/ so well

The first few months of content were on the disc, and just unlocked over time.

Why hasn't 343 done IG a solid and make Fulgore armor since they included Arbiter in KI?

We need something to replace the Haysbusa now that NG is dead anyways :^)

Is black spartan supposed to be locke? Who is headless spartan?

>first few months
You mean one gun and then two halves of two different guns?
That's nowhere near the same as Noctus being un-released.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #210.
The featured map is "Foundation"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#209 - Place Your Bets #208 - Graphs and Ratings #207 - More DLC #206 - 10,000 Hours in MS Paint
#205 - Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
#204 - Gravity Hammer > Energy Sword
#203 - One General, One Company, One People
#202 - Achievement Unlocked
#201 - Facebook Steals Our Memes
#200 - Milestone
#199 - Free For All
#198 - Under Cover of Night
#197 - Prepare to Drop
#196 - Hexagons are Real
#195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

>didn't remove the [embed]
It's not hard to make an OP right. Do you proofread?

Anyone got any 48 hour XBL codes laying around?

Yes. Black Team.

Battle Rifles: The Map

>hayabusa replacement
FOTUS, helioskrill, Shinobi

Eh, not really something important

No, I mean all the datamined content up until September or October.

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141295-Splatoon-Datamine-Reveals-Future-Content#&gid=gallery_4321&pid=1

Map is good for BR starts, not much else

It's not a huge deal.
All I'm saying is make sure you double check and make the thread properly in the future

I see you're nice and early

>there are traces of things on the disc
>they were not done
>this is the same as Noctus

It's not the same though. Haysbusa and Katana was Bungie being pals to team ninja and oatmeal cookie.

>Foundation
Wasn't this map originally locked behind something?

>removing embeds
No, user.
We need to see how far it can go.

They were done, though. Which is why a patch wasn't necessary when any of that content was unlocked.

If I could figure out how to access the on-disc content I could clear this all up in no time at all, but from what I'm aware, at the very least the DLC content was pretty much ready to go out of the door at launch and drip-fed over the following months as part of the 'sustain' policy they have going on. That much I would believe to be true at least for the armour models and some of the maps.

>They were done, though.
They were not. Just like the other content on there, like the half-finished Zapper.

>This map has a Warthog on it
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

I know, but we've gotta make do with what we have. Those are the closest I could think of. (In terms of being a "special" armor, FOTUS and helioskrill, in terms of being a "ninja" shinobi)

They made a hayabusa set for halo 4, but it was never included

Then explain why a patch wasn't necessary for any of the unlocks up until the first major patch? There was a tranny on twitter who would always post datamined content that was clearly finished.

It was actually really useful on the top floor

But it's not that I want hayabusa back, just that the same opportunity to make a similar homage armor is now available for 343.

Also why is FOTUS special armor? I thought it was pre-order only in 4?

>Then explain why a patch wasn't necessary for any of the unlocks up until the first major patch?
Except it did.

Nope.
splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Version_history

>1.1.0 missing
Convenient.

Still doesn't support your claim that there was a patch with each unlock(which there wasn't), since we got drops twice a week at the start.

>people complaining about on-disk content that was unlocked for FREE
Yes, let's complain about everything!
What do you mean there's actual problem in the industry? This company had the gall to lock stuff away for a small amount of time and had the audacity to let it go for FREE!

It's 343's "mascot" armor if that makes sense

>the version history on a version history page is wrong and missing large chunks
>the content that was datamined was proven to not be finished, such as missing textures or not having collision
>this somehow was magically fixed without the patch

And don't forget, they had the gall to not finish it. The stuff that they wanted to put in before launch and stayed up all night to make. How dare they.

The point is more the fact that it's a practise to begin with, regardless of whether that content is paywalled or not. If I purchase the game, I want to be able to access all of the content on the disk at launch rather than have it dribbled out to me over the next few launch. It leads to the even shittier practise of having the content paywalled despite it being on-disk at launch.

It's like paying to be at an all-you-can-eat buffet, and you've loaded up your plate, but then the waitress tells you you're only allowed to eat certain things for now.

youtu.be/xn_FfDvuSfg [Open]

>no campaign theater in 4 or 5

Just add that to the list of dropped features, along with split-screen, LAN, full armor customization, full emblem customization, and campaign matchmaking

Why is there no forearm protection?

Also, what is the official /hg/ picture day pic?

>the release date is set by the company
>there's a few items that the team can't get done in time
>they finish them later at no charge
>THIS is the problem
>not a company like 343 that makes you PAY MONEY FOR FINISHED CONTENT

You're wrong, it like going to an all you can eat buffet and they tell you the roast is still being cooked. You still get what you paid for.

Except that we've no real proof that all of the content we've received post-launch was actually worked on post-launch, save for maybe the Tron skins.

>content legitimately not being finished in time is the same as showing off maps in a trailer months before the game comes out, then just not releasing them

Do you mean pre-launch? Because we know that the majority of the content was done before Christmas, at the latest.

Mercy is basically 100% new assets

The forge updates were also done post-launch

Probably a few REQ weapons are new

But yeah most shit could easily just be recycled and done for months

>un-finished content on disk
>content is now magically finished!
>clearly wasn't anything post launch!
The datamined shit WASN'T FUNCTIONAL.

Yes it was.
twitter.com/nwplayer123/status/644923978155356160

I was talking about Halo, shitboot.

>their first retweet completely disproves your point
Hah. They just had icons, retard.

Looks like ingame models to me.

And did they function? Because only the gun icon is done, not the gun.

>Mercy is basically 100% new assets
Waypoint has already figured out that most of it is taken from the level "Battle of Saunion"

Scrolling through transfag's twitter is difficult, but this one was finished and in the game a bit before it was officially released.

twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/670296247828283393

Do you think they'll ever add the plasma launcher?

>from November 2015
>game came out in May 2015
Man, that tweet sure proves nothing. You really this desperate to try and drag games down to 5's level of bullshit?

>Do you think they'll ever add the plasma launcher?
No

nintendo.com.au/support/index.php?action=help&helpcatID=353

There actually was no 1.1.0. Skipped right to 1.2 about 5 days after launch.

>day 1 patches not listed

How do I increase my reputation in /hg/?

Worth noting that the N-Zap, Splat Zones mode, and Port Mackerel were released 2 days before this patch.

>How do I increase my reputation in /hg/?
You have two options:
1. Git Gud
2. Git Dedicated

Do bounties.

Time for WZFF suffering lads

Here's the dedication rank cheat sheet in case you're wondering...

New Dedication Rankings.
To go into effect when Halo Wars 2 launches:
>Inheritor Ultra
Max Halo Waypoint Gamerscore + 100% Halo 2 Vista

>Inheritor
Max Halo Gamerscore

>Halo Addict
Over 17,500

>Super Fan

>Enthusiast

>Casual

>Scrub

>Pleb
Under 5,000

>less than 10,000 is casual
Man, some of the Vidmasters aren't even worth gamerscore.

It's so easy to get over 10,000 at this point it isn't even funny

It's not supposed to be a gime' that you can easily escape casual rank without trying. That's why it's called casual rank.

I have almost every single achievement in 3, 4, 5, Reach, Wars, and all of ODST. That's still only like 7000, and MCC is just a grind.

Someone post the old list.
This list here won't go into effect until February

>dedication improves reputation
False.
Red is a filthy habitual drunk of a degenerate, and Dew makes a sacrifice to Satan on 8/30 for his achievables.

>I have almost every single achievement in 3, 4, 5, Reach, Wars, and all of ODST. That's still only like 7000
That's actually 8,900

Well mine is higher than that, but still under 10,000. I've put way more time into Halo than a "casual", so the ranks need adjusting.

I would give Red's opinion more weight than someone who only has 5000 gamerscore. Not like it matters, because he never really posts his opinion.

So does this guarantee at least one more content patch?

You're a fucking casual. A real Halo fan buys 4 versions of Spartan assault for 4,000 more useless achievement points.

That's not being a non-casual. That's being autistic.

It would depend on what the opinion was.

That list only applies to when Halo Wars 2 launches in February. When it does there will be 2000 more GS to get, so 10,000 will make sense for the casual line. Right now the casual line is lower than that.

Spartan Assault doesn't give that many cheevos

Red hosts customs and Dew is a really good player. They're both fine by me.

This. Just because someone played Spartan Assault 4 times and did 5 matches of CTF in 5 doesn't mean they know shit about anything not covered by achievements.

This.

>That's not being a non-casual. That's being autistic.
It's also being pretty dedicated.
The biggest sports fans have tend of thousands of dollars in signed memorabilia.

>Dew is a really good player

I don't care how much you say you "" like "" halo, you are NOT a fan of the series without all 4 Spartan assault versions

Pretty sure some of the people with the most gamerscore also have the most matches in Halo 2 played as well.
They're pretty dedicated, m8.

It's a meme first and foremost, but if it triggers you, you're only keeping it alive.

>The biggest sports fans have tend of thousands of dollars in signed memorabilia.
And yet the last time I brought up my figure collection, I was told it was worth no gamerscore therefore nothing.

That's just using that metric. There's also the sports fans who attend every game and practice for years.
I knew a baseball fan with minimal memorabilia beyond a couple hats and a hoodie but had memorized stats for every player on going back years.

To each their own.
I don't think you need all 4 versions of SA completed to be considered a fan, but you can't tell me that having all 4 versions completed is not a sign of love for the series. That doesn't mean you don't have that love otherwise.

Why are some people so triggered by others having more gamerscore than them?

>Why are some people so triggered by others having more gamerscore than them?
Because the notion of that giving someone else's opinions more weight than there's terrifies them, even though an opinion is just an opinion at the end of the day.

I have yet to even see this put into practice anyway. It's mostly just a meme but some people get legitimately triggered by it.

To some people here, gamerscore is their life and the only thing they can strive towards accomplishing. Not all of course, some people just enjoy hunting achievements, and that's fine too.

Don't bother with it unless you want to. As long as you've played a the games a lot, and maybe some of the outside lore like the books, you're a dedicated fan

>Why are some people so triggered by others having less gamerscore than them?
FTFY.
You seem to have the situation backwards, my friend.

>an opinion is just an opinion
>but mine is totally worth more lol
KYS

>n-n-no! It's not me hating on people that have more than me! It's the other way around!
The comments in this thread suggest otherwise

>you can't tell me that having all 4 versions completed is not a sign of love for the series.
It really isn't, though. You could just happen into all 4 of them. Playing all 4 copies doesn't mean you even like Halo. You could be a casual who got it on their phone, then just liked the single game "Spartan Assault" and played it on all 4 places. It doesn't mean you like Halo in the slightest.

Yeah, no.

>"my opinion matters more!"
>"no it doesn't, fuck off."
>"y- you're just hating on people with more than you!"

>It really isn't, though. You could just happen into all 4 of them
Do you have any idea how long and tedious it is to get all the challenges done in Spartan Assault?

When making a map in forge, where do you normally start?

Not really.

Literally nobody is saying that. Stop getting triggered just because your gamerscore is lower. If it doesn't matter to you, then let it go.