/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

I choose this thread, because OP didn't forget to add xbone guild

ye boi

i gotchu

Dark Brotherhood still has the best looking medium armor.

> heavy armour sorc dps

The best I can think of at the top of my head would be to put all your points in stamina and get an armour set that raises your weapon damage. The Ravager is a set that's pretty brutal. You can get it from PvP vendors.

> (2 items) Adds 672 Weapon Critical
> (3 items) Adds 1039 Max Health
> (4 items) Adds 126 Weapon Damage
> (5 items) Your melee attacks have an 8% chance to increase Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds.

Another set that can work is to make a heavy armour Mad Alchemist. You'll be chugging potions to get back resources while dealing out burst damage in a "rip and tear" fashion.

> (2 Items) Adds 1064 Maximum Health
>(3 Items) Adds 1064 Maximum Health
>(4 Items) Adds 129 Spell Damage / Weapon Damage
>(5 Items) When you drink a potion you feel a rush of energy, gaining 661 Weapon and Spell Damage for 15 seconds.

It can be crafted by anyone that have researched 7 traits and have access to Hew's Bane.

Now slap a Molag Kena head and shoulders on to that

>(1 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
>(2 items) Causing damage with 2 consecutive light attacks triggers Overkill, which increases the cost of all abilities by 33% and increases your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage by 516 for 6 seconds.

And then have whatever jewellery you can get your hands on, Agility is best but pretty expensive. Enchant all jewellery with weapon damage glyphs and max stamina on your armour.

If you want to combine magicka and stamina then I suggest taking the Overload ultimate since it's strong as fuck even on a stamina charather. And bam suddenly you've the overload bar for all your buffs so you have your two other bars ready for weapon skills.

Is the IC event up? I've never done it before. Is the boss in a public PvP zone, where all factions can get to it, or is it separate for each faction? If it's not separate I can't imagine how that will be anything else than a massive zerg clustefuck

>it could make for an interesting light/heavy attack focused build, but Elegance is light armor, so that's out.
You can get Elegance in jewellery and weapons so he could get it to work that way.

>You can get Elegance in jewellery and weapons

Jewelry, sure. But weapons would have to be DW, and it will only restore stamina, not magicka.

Unless I didn't understand correctly and user doesn't mind not being magicka sorc. In which case there are so many better options for stam sorc

He wants to hybridize

It's usual one alliance zerging and the other two hiding at the boss to take down the zerg when the boss have very little hp.

Wouldn't the zerg just find them?

Not if you just hide in a corner with 10 people or something. The zergs I've been part of have been objective-based, so they run trough the dungeons from boss to boss until they've reached the middle, then they go directly to the middle.

This.
> Hey lads I want to make a build that's great with all skills I've access while being able to do damage and being tanky at the same time so that I've a build that's the bestest at everything with no downside whatsoever

Any pointers for NB healer?

Funnel Health is the strongest HoT in the game always spam it enough so everyone in the group has it ticking. Hemorrhage can proc from healing crits.

>tfw enlightenment will only last until CP 158
>tfw the last 2 are going to be a pain in the ass

It isn't going to take a long time for those two levels

If you're lazy enough, you can just wait to accrue two days worth of enlightenment

what are the cheapest pots I can make to level up alchemy? like what ingredients do I need and such

Reagents and solvents for poisons are the cheapest.

spider egg + scrib jelly

>pain the ass
>cp160
>last 2
brah, 531 is cap and pug ain't even gonna take your ass to vet dung unless you're at least 300

nice, ty

won't stop me from queueing the instant I hit 160 tho

>that feel when got carried in vet Fungal Grotto by two CP 531's as a CP 80 :-)
they were surprised when I told them it was my first vet dungeon afterwards

>pug ain't even gonna take your ass to vet dung unless you're at least 300

but I'm cp190 and I do all gold pledges, every day

Yo, how the fuck does aggro in this game even work? I just ran my first dungeon (banished cells) and my DPS was shit and I still got aggro somehow from the final boss. Our tank seemed like he was doing an ok job too.

if no taunt is used, a trash or boss will target whoever hit it first, then switch to whoever is doing the higher dps. Some bosses will switch targets despite being taunted. Nothing to do about that.

There are two taunt skills in this game, first skill of one hand and shield line and third skill of undaunted skill line. Latter is ranged, anyway mobs will attack whomever hits them first and after some point whomever hits them the hardest. Tanks usually aggro 2-3 hard hitting mobs during group cleaning or straight hitting tank. Also bosses have special moves which can choose anyone regardless of who has the aggro. You are probably talking about his aoe fire carpeting and that shadow bolt kind of hard hitting missile, it is random.

Not like vet dungeons are hard, the actual problem is players being awareness-retarded or incapable of thinking of a simple solution on the fly
>final dwemer mech boss in that dungeon with the awful netch boss
>starts spewing poison gas
>instead of just regrouping and standing the fuck still so the healer can use the targeted aoe heals the group panics and everyone runs around like a retard
>that plant guy in vet elden hollow that calls down those hard-hitting light beams
>boss literally does not target anyone besides the tank EVER yet people insist on stacking together for some reason
>2 huge ass beams glowing BLUE and GREEN show up after killing the ticks and I'm the only one standing in them to regen resources
>we wipe because healer goes OOM, and then proceeds to complain about the fight being too heal intensive
I'm sure there are more incidents I'm not remembering, but fuck elitists. The problem is ALWAYS the players, not the dungeons being too hard
Extra CP points are a crutch for retards

I honestly haven't noticed those beams either... but I also have never had any problem with magicka as healer on that fight, so I just don't understand their complaint at all

HOW famm, they're massive

idk! but I will be looking for them next time, thanks

When you kill the ticks a beam spawns where they die, same colour as their internal glow

I have never seen an MMO with such a bad default UI. It gives zero information to the player.

Yeah there should be more UI options for players like current one for questing and a more tactical UI for dungeons and trials.

Thankfully there's a fuckton of addons to change it to whatever you want. But I agree, vanilla is shit.

>got into a group with a Sorc healer

What's the point of rolling this? Is there even any synergy for healing in their kit?

They have their twilight matriarch pet

literally anything magicka can heal a normal or even vet dungeon

trials is where you want a templar heal, but I'll take a good healer of any class to normal trials

My sorc healer abilirt slot Healing springs, combat prayer, healing ward, bound aegis and inner light. I've healed vet dungeons and trials, only sanctum ophidia challenged me a little bit. Healing is literally babbymode, any magicka based build can be an "off-heal" and be as much effective as a main healer.

just hit CP 160

Cops are on their way

What is with people and disbanding random daily groups as soon as they pop?

You did it, champ.

was it any of the following?

>imperial city sewers
>white-gold tower
>ruins of mazzatun
>cradle of shadows

>sewers
prison

It was for the normal pledge today which isn't any of those. I can understand it for wgt, ics, and cos.

if it was just a normal dungeon, it could be that people in queue for it were buddies on TS or someshit, and one of them bugged out or something, so the other leaves as well

this is what I've done, since several times now I have had a friend replaced in group by some random guy, even though we were in a premade group. when that happens I just quit that shit and give no explanation, because why would I

point is, there are a million different reasons why that would happen

>the amount of materials needed to craft CP160 stuff
this is gonna suck so much

>literally a single gold coast daily quest motif reward
just wait till you want a pair of gold tier weapons

I don't have that dlc

>tfw you use only staves and rosin is dirt cheap compared to tempering alloy

Doesn't Kvatch also have a motif quest?

>rosin is dirt cheap
literally the only reason to play mag

>people with several hundred CP but STILL don't know the tactics for every single boss in vet dungeons

You are talking about the PvE lords who do dlc dailies and such. Nothing like getting shittalked in trial group for being cp 250 by 500+ scum and watching them fumble and fail and forced to listen to your wisdom.

They've a less shitty version of Breath of Life and a 12 sec mass stun giving you 36k health.

>DPS who queue up as tank/dps/healer just for faster queue times
>refuses to perform the tank/healer they were given

end yourself

> Have so high dps you don't know any tactics for half the veteran dungeons
Only tactics I need is for vma and the dlc dungeons.

I've done nSO over two dozen times and I have zero idea about any tactics. All I do every time is dps the boss and avoid shit.

yay IC on discount! finally I can put those 2 months of ESO plus worth of crowns to use.
t

I am downloading the game right now and am kinda hyped. Any inside tips for a newbie? I have watched beginners guides and talent tress though.

There really needs to be a text version of that. I don't understand why people want to make videos (other than youtube $$$) because text is so much easier to digest.

Research traits early.
Don't bother repairing it's a waste of gold until you have your final gear set.
Download skyshards, minimap, and lorebook addon.

star researching traits and buying riding skill updates
explore everything, loot evething and sell/research/deconstruct it
level up crafting
don't neglect any of your class skill lines
try PvP early, it's noice
bee urself

Make sure to have one piece of light, medium, and heavy on to level them all at roughly the same time.

>healer has 240 CP
>he doesn't know the tactics
>he's so fucking squishy I swear he can't have more than 15k hp
>he's FRENCH
>my build is almost entirely poison damage
>it's fucking veteran spindleclutch
at least I got a purple "of agility" ring

Where's the ps4 erp scene at?

Non-existant since it just received text chat last patch

also
>I got it from random vet dungeon queue
>still had yesterday's pledge
>turns out it was today's pledge

What the fuck is up with all these people going "LGBTBBQHD+/anygender friendly xDDD" I've never encountered faggotry like this before.

Where?

Is this your first mmo?

we just used PSN messages before that...

My friends have an RP guild for PS4, but idk whether they will be in to ERP or not, normally its just adventure or tavernish RP

It's an attempt to make their guild stand out, despite almost all guilds already being LGBT friendly in the first place. That, or they just want an LGBT-focused guild where they get together.

They just trying to let you know that their guild is going to be fucking cancer, they are kind people.

Looking at it that way you are right, I'll appreciate that and never join a guild that promotes themselves like that.

>random disconnects

Anyone else getting it? My internet connection is completely fine but sometimes I'll get kicked to the log in screen and can instantly relog.

> 2 dd and healers getting instantly killed in Spidleclutch because they've somehow played trough the whole storyline + more without grasping the concept of blocking
Making the PvE as easy as it is now was a mistake.

is the molag bal event happening or not? if yes, how do I do it?

It's up all the time. Just get to the centre of the sewers (preferable with a group of 8 or more) and fight him. He respawn every now and again.

I think the problem is that the visual cues are hard as hell to see.

They should honestly rebalance that boss (and a lot more) so you get more audio cues instead. A lot of time there's simply too much on the screen to make out what's really happening. Watching a heavy attack is way harder than it should be if someone have put Siphon, and that goes for any enemy in the game.

are poison builds any good for pvp? Isn't everyone a vampire?

>are poison builds good
They're pretty much what stam has to run since minigame is nothing but fotm all day every day

>audio cues instead
b-but I run dungeons with game sound on very low and spotify blasting on full

How much of a bitch is Khaleen?

don't you shit talk my girl, faggot

Just turn on subtitles.

>Liking a sandnigger
She'll love you and she's a tool

shouldn't have destroyed the relic

IT WAS THE WRONG CHOICE IN THE END

Don't joke man, don't joke.
What happens?

I always take the relic on my playthroughs, because fuck orcs.

>I think she wants to thank you herself

>Save breton lives
Well looks like it really is inconsequential

I'm trying to put some shit together for my magblade gank/general-pvp-fucking-around build and I'm looking at a resto staff. First, I thought I'd just go with powered, but scrolling though to see what traits I got unlocked, I stopped at defending. So the cogs started spinning and here I'm sitting thinking that maybe defending isn't such a bad trait for a offbar resto staff. I mean, if I'm switching to resto, I'm either rebuffing, where traits don't matter, or I'm healing, which means I'm in deep shit. And when I'm in deep shit, more resistance for that brief period of time wouldn't be so bad, would it? More healing is always great, but what if defending is what would keep me alive for a split second more to pull that heal off.

The reason why I'm asking is because it's almost 2am and I don't trust myself not to make retarded decisions at this point.

So what do you think?

Forgot to mention that I plan on running 4 or 5 heavy armor

Sounds decent in theory

well you don't need healing or heavy armour for ganking, I don't have anything to offer other than when you gank me just hold radiant destruction out of stealth because I'll die of laughter

>well you don't need healing or heavy armour for ganking
general-pvp-fucking-around AND ganking, which is redundant I suppose, but whatever

>hold radiant destruction out of stealth
I don't understand