Cadillac general

youtube.com/watch?v=HKBXU67d-6U

Any owners of one of the most innovative auto company's modern (2005+) cars here?

sure why not

We've been over this numerous times. Cadillac is in a transition period from American landbarge "luxury" towards German luxury. The only people who currently buy Cadillac are baby boomers who are quickly leaving the brand due to the stiff sports tuned suspensions. Cadillac's current marketing strategy has been disastrous especially if you actually hear the deluded statements about their millennial target demographic. No one cares about how fast the CTS V goes around the track when reliability is near the bottom of Consumer Reports ratings and their vehicles cost the same as the Germans.

>Consumer Reports
>meaning anything

Besides, they're at the bottom because Ameritards are too retarded to learn how to operate CUE. That's literally the reason.

>bottom
funny what you believe is bottom - or near bottom

>Buick and Audi that high

I'm really mad that they dumped the CT8 in favor of that gaudy rebadged subarban, the Escalade. Man, it was going to be America coming back, Cadillac coming back from being an old man's car to being actual luxary. I was so excited, then they dumped it.

It was some time ago, but I'm still salty about it.

who /vseries/ here?

>gaudy rebadged subarban, the Escalade

Escalade has been far from just rebadged suburban since at least a generation ago. There's nothing that's more comfy on the market.

>old man's car

plz, not this meme

But icing CT8 pissed me off as well even though I understand the logic behind it. Big SUVs are the new land yachts and status symbols, not long sedans.

But maybe they just didn't want to get rekt by the S Class

Keep in mind that Consumer Reports only counts the NUMBER of problems, where a problem can be anything from an engine replacement to the user not knowing how to set up Bluetooth. In the case of Cadillac, the mechanical components have shown to be fairly reliable, but the CUE system is so shitty to use that users have countless problems with it.

Good luck finding one that's not $20k market adjusted over MSRP or enjoy waiting over 6 months after you order one.

and still toyota couldnt finish lemans

All current generation CTS have moldy AC problems. Every CTS V Sport has defective turbos that rattle. Every Escalade has significant booming/buffeting issues. I could go on by numerous recalls and service bulletins for these vehicles exist.

Yes, thanks CUE.

But the cars are still cheaper to own than comperable BMWs or Mercedeses, even some Audis (namely A4).

Consumer reports is shit at this.

CUE is trash in terms of speed and the center console capacitive buttons are bad for ergonomics. Also I was promised updates to my 2014 CUE system which obviously have never changed.

>the center console capacitive buttons
Oh fuck that shit, whoever thought it was a good idea needs to be shot and their head put on a spike in front of Cadillac's NYC HQ.

[citation needed]
And for every issue you listed there, I could list 2 in their respective German competitors.

Fortunately the buttons work but it's difficult to hit them while looking at the road plus having to adjust them multiple times to the desired level. The volume control is fine on the steering wheel but their is no seek buttons to change radio stations. The seek on the steering wheel only cycles through favorited AM, FM or XM stations.

Well, I'm nt saying Cadillac is an Old man's car much anymore, but the CT8 would have put that notion to bed for sure. And remember, the CT8 was ment to fight the S-class.

Honestly, I think it's all leaning too German for an American brand, but hey, you gotta get ahead before you can start dictating where the next turn is.

Been considering buying one of these. Any info I need? Is it a good car?

>implying gm did better than toyota