Mitsubishi Mirage

I can get a 2017 CVT Mirage (For doing Lyft) at around $15k with the package I wanted before trying to tell the dealership to lower it. (What should I shoot for in a Mirage dealership price?)

Great gas mileage, not a fast motor but i'm just driving people around for dosh. Comfy with a good screen and reliability. Heard it's not bad to self wrench either.

Any car that's better in price point for the intended use?

don't

Literally anything else

Why not just buy a second hand car?

Has to be 2008 and newer in my city.

Which is?
It's got good ratings on edmunds, can I ask why?

The reviews say that it isn't the best car to drive on highways as it is comparatively slower than almost all cars.

I don't recommend this car but why don't you stretch your budget up a little and get a Mazda 3 or a Corolla?

Driving for lyft is going to put a lot of mileage on it so I was trying to avoid the $21k+ cars.

Most of the driving in my area would be from downtown to hotels and not on the highway. I do see how CVT + low hp would be bad on the highway.

Would I be better off looking into a Prius?

Oh you're a meme driver, why not just get a real job and afford a good car?

Because I don't want to.

Okay then enjoy your peace of shit that will depreciate to worthlessness in 3 years because you didn't want to work.

If I last 3 years of lyft driving it'll have so many miles it'll be time to upgrade anyway memester.

Okay have fun PAYING 15 grand to enjoy the liberties of minimum wage.

More than i'm making now senpai.

The real question is why are you still here.

Why are you when your question was answered by

No explanation. I got a (you) feeling.

>comfy

Debatable. Horrible and noisy on highways but roomy enough to fuck a fat chick in the back.

And getting paid to fugg a fat chick? Yes please.

You're a literal idiot. You're making a $15k investment to lock yourself into a job and make LESS than minimum wage. You are putting miles and wear on that $15,000 object and will have to pay for insurance, repairs and maintenance of driving people around constantly.

Need a new vehicle soon anyway.
>Less than minimum wage
Not from what i'm seeing from some people who drive for uber right now.
>Miles/Wear
Yeah I get that by driving anyway as a delivery driver.

Buy a used nissan versa

Or just buy a new versa even. Or a Ford Fiesta. You could get the Ford Focus with the 1L turbo

If you're that guy from the other thread, the mirage really isn't as bad as people say. My mom has one too. It's the cheapest a-b car and handles well for its cheapness. Tight turning radius and always gets 40 mpg. Highest ride is iffy but not the end of the world... people just compare this to cars that cost more. Just know its better to drive than a hybrid. Hybrids are the worst driving cars, preserve some sanity with a regular car.

Thanks for the actual explanation. It probably is a better idea since I don't do much highway driving anyway.

I know nothing about those.

Fiesta sounds like a party to me.

>Buying a new car for a job
That's mistake number 1.

>Buying a Mirage when a Focus [manual] is way better
Mistake 2

>Doing Lyft and not Uber
Mistake 3

2008 and newer does not mean brand new. You're fucking yourself over by buying brand new when you have no idea what your income level is going to look like. Be honest, you don't know what you'll be making so if you want to try out driving for one of those joints make the minimum investment possible so you won't be burnt too bad if you get out.

I've seen a few reports and the people that drive for these guys far and away normally make within a dollar or two of minimum wage, and that doesn't account for the maintenance incurred by driving around cities and such all day every day. You would walk away with more money and more upward mobility by getting a job at McDonalds and working your ass off, but if you want to drive around all day and feel like you're getting rich doing nothing (you're not) then defy all reasonable advice and be my guest.

My responses come from no real experience outside what i've googled.

>My old truck doesn't pass requirements and a 2nd more gas efficient vehicle is something i'd like already. Delivery driving doesn't pay enough for any real vehicle.

>I don't know if Uber accepts manuals but since i'll be doing busy city driving i'd rather stick with auto for this. It's not a hoon or race car.

>Uber pays less than Lyft does in my city. I read I can do both also.

>Uber pays less than Lyft does in my city.

weird

I'd thought of looking into used but my initial thought was i'd be putting a lot of mileage on a vehicle that might crap out on me within ~50k miles with no warranty.

A lot of the reports i've read show them making from $10-$15 an hour in some cities depending on when they drive. I'd be doing night driving for more $$$.

Whats gonna happen to all these mitsubishi shitboxes now that nissan is calling the shots?

Lyft gets you more money if you work full time. You receive money back for working more hours. Uber afaik doesn't have many incentives besides slightly more traffic
Also
>manual
>for a shitty base commuter

Another option is a honda fit for OP. hatchback, decent power and mpg for what it is. A good old commuter.

>doing Lyft as a side gig to your actual job, only work during high profit times.
Smart.
>Doing Lyft full time penny pinching in between high profit times.
Not smart.
Not smart.

If it looks like it'll pay more than my delivery driver job i'll do it full time. If not then i'll just stop working friday/saturday and do lyft.