Hooning

Does Veeky Forums hoon often? Have you been caught hooning?
I'm wondering what cops actually do if you're caught ripping it in some abandoned lot. Do they tell you to fuck off most of the time or actually charge you with reckless driving?

90% of how a cop reacts to what you're doing is how you react to him.

If he catches you doing something red handed, don't act like a belligerent nigger and try to argue your way out of it. Own up to what you did and explain that you chose the abandoned parking lot so that you may have fun without putting others in danger. Most likely he'll tell you to fuck off.

Be cool with the police and they'll be cool back.

Yes, 2 or 3 hours a day during winter.

Almost, but no. I usually move from parking lot to parking lot before I attract too much attention. I see the cops pull in lots and bust people right before I leave usually.

They might let you go if they're nice. Technically they could charge you with stunting, reckless driving and speeding if they really wanted to.

>be snow drifting
>security shows up
>oh shit
>security truck starts drifting too

Yeaaa

>tfw i saw some guy in a pigfat Z trying to drift in the rain yesterday
>tfw you can tell he has little to no control
>tfw he craters the passenger rear tire into a curb, hops up it, scrapes everything to fuck, and then pulls off onto the nearest side street

Felt good desu

my local community college's security likes to watch people drift in the lots there, they usually come up and ask if you're okay if your stopped chatting and bullshit for a minute,
never been stopped by police and I have whipped skids while police were watching and as long as you have it under control and are not endangering anyone on the street they seem to not give a hoot

>Be cool with police and they'll be cool back

No, unfortunately this isn't true. It really just depends on the officer. If an officer is looking to make money nothing you can do will help your situation.

I've had my fair share of run ins with the 5-0 and I can personally tell you it depends entirely on the officer. Usually the heavy set (read fat), rookies, and second shift officers are grade A a-holes.
>Graveyard shift workers are usually really laid back
>The physically fit seem to be more interested in action and could careless for juvenile delinquent behavior
>Rookies are doing it BY THE BOOK, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

I though the Z was a good platform for drifting, or the guy just sucked?

ive got a cabin about a hour from the city i use the odd weekend, few hundred people live in the town and the RCMP patrol every so often. place is literally the boonies

i ripped a skid up a hill in winter before my driveway, barely could call it a skid. RCMP passed me after, figured fuck. went into my driveway, he pulled a U-turn and the lights came on. since it was midnight he just gave me a Breathalyzer and asked what i was doing, said back in the city there wasnt so much snow and i had my truck in 2WD and lost traction. when i blew 0 he said fair enough, take it easy and drove off.

he very well knew i was ripping a skid but didnt care because i blew 0, didnt get a stunting ticket or anything

>Be cool with the police and they'll be cool back.

hah hardly, i did a rolling stop at a stop sign in freezing rain at night. plainly told the cop i knew i was wrong, im sorry i'll take the ticket, he started yelling WHAT WAS THAT RED OCTAGON YOU JUST IGNORED? DIDNT YOU SEE IT? i said yes, he kept screaming

best part was the faggot wrote the wrong year on the ticket since it was January and the ticket got thrown out

>tfw 2:00AM is the best hoon time

>live near a Lidl parking lot
>be this winter
>friend calls me around midnight telling me to look out the window
>tries to be cool by handbrake drifting his A3
>I tell him to wait
>go out
>snow is fresh and it's still snowing
>remove snow from my bimmer
>start up car, drive 50 meters to the parking lot
>pull off a 180
>van coming to the parking lot
>"oh must be delivery to Lidl or something"
>van turns on disco lights
>hello officer
>what are you doing?
>at the moment I'm standing still officer
>what were you just doing
>it seems that I oversteered sir
>what else
>I might have oversteered my car sir
>what else
>I might have oversteered my car on purpose sir
>don't do that anymore or I'll ticket you
>yes officer
>drive 50 meters away, park, get out of car and go home

erryday all day

>tfw doing almost 8L/100 on a diesel

Pic related exactly how this played out

You should try fish tailing around dem light posts if that's possible

Haven't had any decent snow here for 4 or 5 years, but when we last did me and some friends got caught in an industrial park sliding around at 1 or 2 am. Cop told us to go away and did a donut before he left

had the beast out for a hoon late one night, local parking lot around here and started ripping donuts like a madman. no one ever shows up

Pretty sure the Z actually makes it easy mode. The guy just sucked. After the first few drifts he did you could see him come out of them real shaky and jittery like he barely had it under control. You could just tell something was going to go wrong if he kept at it.

now i know where dodek lives

>tfw own golf r
>tfw 4 motion is mostly fwd wannabe awd
>mfw you can still drift with it if you esc defeat

God damnit

I usually only hoon my Miata when it rains, just doing skids on the street and parking lots it's simple though just look for cops and don't be too dumb with it I've never been caught but I get middle fingers and honks a lot from the normie commuters on the road

This. I've had cops stop me like they had a vendetta against me, and others who laughed and told me to go home. Every time I act politely, turn all my interior lights on and make sure it's okay to reach for something to ease the tension. Cops watch plenty of "stopped driver pulls out gun and kills rookie" videos in training.

aaaaaa look at the twingo

fucking australians

The chief of the traffic police here went to the media a few years ago and told people to go to empty parking lots test how their car reacts under slippery conditions. If I ever get busted I will refer to him.

I hoon around with my mates, but we don't really do the bog-standard race game.
We play cat and mouse and mess around, slowing down in front of each other to a crawl, trying to break line of sight and park so they go past and wonder where the hell you went, turning lights off while following them, highbeaming fun etc.

ayyy

>1am nearing end of huge blizzard
>1-2ft of snow on the ground
>side streets still not plowed
>grab my snowboard, jump in the a4 and head downtown
>completely deserted
>find hilly side streets
>tailpress some cars and handrails fresh pow galore
>hour goes by, bodies kill
>getting back a4
>5-0 roll up behind me, flash cherries
>wait 6 seconds for my turbo to spool
>blast down unplowed side road
>snow easily over my hood
>look back and see pig taurus completely stuck
>burn home laughing mao

QUATTRO FOR LIFE

Winter is best time for hooning.

We don't usually get much snow here, so when we do, I make it count. During the first snow after getting my license I emptied an entire tank of gas on a deserted parking lot of a nearby lake. Filled back up and hit the twisty narrow roads between fields like pic related.

After that I started yanking the handbrake in the snow at almost every turn where it was safe. I can still remember one snowy winter day on the way home from school to my shithole of a village with 4 girls in the car, giving them a lift. Fucking pulled a >90° skid at an intersection. I aced it, but I can hear the girl's screaming ringing in my ears to this day. Don't freak out, the intersection was huge and empty and I was doing it almost in slow motion.

Finland here. Last winter was caught hooning on the biigest parking lot in our town, me and two other friends. Cops just checked we didn't have a record, warrants and breathalyzed us. No ticket, just tol us to fuck off and keep it on a track.

It was ebin tho, worth getting blinded by a flashlight.

Daily
No