Soon thread

Post Veeky Forums related things that are soon to be in your near future.
Pic related, its a throttle body that's been in my cart for weeks

Other urls found in this thread:

hybrid-racing.com/8th-gen-cold-air-intake-by-hybrid-racing-k-series-06-11-civic-si.html
blog.vittuned.com/tested-2006-2011-honda-civic-si-hybrid-racing-cold-air-intake/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because MUH LATERAL GEES

I have silicon hoses in the mail and a new fan shroud because AZ isnt nice to plastic and rubber. Also gona need to replace steering pump here in the next couple months. I have a turbo, injectors, and full new strut assemblies to put in whenever I can get some new wheels to go with it.

Going to see how the wood vinyl wrap turns out on my car dash trim. I *HATE* fake plastic wood trim. It's one of the very few things I dislike about my car.

Also getting a tune done next week. Having them set me up with a 91 octane max HP max torque tune and a max MPG tune. Based on their experience with my engine, I should be getting 200hp to the wheels with the mods I've done.

SOON.

Going to have the dankest econoshitbox around.

>i hate fake plastic wood trim so I'm going to cover it with fake vinyl wood trim

It will add add texture and less shine. I also got vinyl because it's easy, $20, and removable if I hate it more.

I see nothing wrong with the purchase.

I plan on ordering it later this week.

MFW a 102mm throttle body costs 300-400 bucks.

All that money for a small metal part? Seriously? I get companites gotta make money but CMON.

People that aren't poor as shit usually have this thing called "disposable income", so they spend it on stuff that makes them happy.
Maybe you will experience this one day if you work hard.

>People that aren't poor as shit

I make 70k a year.

>Maybe you will experience this one day if you work hard.

I work just as hard as anyone else. But i'm not gonna spend 400 bucks on a fucking throttle body.

300-400 bucks on an electronically controlled, hand machined piece of metal kinda makes sense though.

Could be worse. Could be a fucking proprietary piece of fucking ABS plastic for $800.

I see your point.

>Could be worse. Could be a fucking proprietary piece of fucking ABS plastic for $800.

They make these? DA FUQ?

Lol. This is why the slow stay slow.

The most you will get is quicker throttle response. They experimented with putting CNC ported throttle bodies on LS3 engines, and they saw MINIMAL gains, but most noticed quicker throttle response.

So basically your just wasting your money. Whatever size throttle body you have will do just fine.

Search just the front bumper cover for your car or something. Bet it is more than $200. For plastic.

This just isn't true though...

Some engines show good gains with an aftermarket throttle body. Especially when paired with other mods.

I would very much like a best throttle responsiveness

Meant for

pretty sure the one in op's pic is mass produced, not "hand machined."

4.10 gear

Clutch is dying so at least a new one and probably new flywheel while l'm at it. Unfortunately can't do install by myself so have to shell out however the fuck much it takes to rip out the transmission.

>tfw my cars cost less

>pic related
inb4 ricer

why not the kraftwerks?

>hand machined
is that supposed to be better than cnc..

it's not billet if that's what you mean. you can clearly see that it's cast.

I wouldnt pay 400 for a billet cnc'd one either.

please dont waste your fucking money on a hot air intake.

Due to prices for used ones refusing to drop and my next paycheck being in october this is gonna be Soon™ rather than soon, but still.

I mean they cast them and then machine and polish them into spec. But yeah, 400 doll hairs for less than 1% increase in performance even on forced induction is ridiculous. MAYBE better throttle response? Guess that could be helpful on a drag strip?

Need an engine to start my turbo build. Going to bore the engine to clean it up nicely.

Got a SC pulley and heat exchanger I'm sittin on
Waiting on injectors
Might order a ported throttle body & supercharger snout

ive been waiting on a new 3 inch downpipe but they have been out of stock for a while now

waiting sucks

hybrid-racing.com/8th-gen-cold-air-intake-by-hybrid-racing-k-series-06-11-civic-si.html

blog.vittuned.com/tested-2006-2011-honda-civic-si-hybrid-racing-cold-air-intake/

I don't really see it as a waste, just another piece of the NA puzzle

you can buy a whole car for the price of that engine, now englands economy is crashing its a prime to to import all our cheap shit m8

It's $800 bucks.

Really overpriced man, you can find a running Miata for less than that in the US

well spent if you ask me, that looks amazing

Is that the new Nvidia?

Sweet R9 Nano

Looking for motor and transmission mounts out of a 89 convertible 5.0 mustang, radiator out of a 94 Ford explorer, and the tubular exhaust manifold out of a 5.0 96 explorer.

Going cheap as fuck on this build.

Soon

T minus two months or so, I just have to wait for a good one to pop up.