youtube.com/watch?v=sLpjPht5mvg
youtube.com/watch?v=_NZImxGQEFY
youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Updated 8/21/16
what did he mean by this?

Alas someone makes a decent OP

what the fuck do painting, writing and music have to do with games

So, I have started over with a far more minimalist style, and am trying to use the lighting advice from The small side at least hides the terrible art slightly. This is the right edge lighting. I also did a both edges lighting and a left edge lighting.

It still looks like shit, but it is getting better. I think this is good enough to work off of.

Trying to find free music is suffering. Either it doesn't fit at all, or it sort of fits but doesn't loop. I just need music for this ludum game

>""free"" audio

>no art
>no text
>no sound
what kind of game?

which website?

>it can't be used in NON-COMMERCIAL PROJECTS
oh wow

>painting
Depending on the game. Many have painted static backgrounds.

>writing
Have you never played a game with a story or dialogue?

>music
This is the weirdest question to me. How often do you play games with zero music?

free as in free beer

silly user, you dont write computer text with a pen or use bfxr with an instrument

>Discord
discord.gg/TYp8R

>you dont write computer text with a pen
>he doesn't know about tablets
>or use bfxr with an instrument
>he doesn't know about midi keyboards

smell simulator

Something should happen if your health is zero or lower.

first for dog devving

Yeah. Lots of things claim they're free until you actually read the license.

Or have weird restrictions in their license.

you dont make a game by displaying some shitty code on your monitor either. or you do.

my game

stuff like this fucking triggers me, may as well not share it at all

Is tehre such a thing as a slowdev classification?

No but coding is how you make games so it makes sense in that regard

I finally passed that exam.

I'm a free man now

The ones that always get me are the, "free unless 100 people use your program, then you gotta pay me. But yeah totally free."

Free my ass.

theres no coding in the picture. its just a shitty formatted code

speed is relative, such classifications are silly

>makehuman
>CC-4.0 unless you're trying to make a character creator for your game

Fuck those guys.

How would they even be able to judge that kind of metric?
May as well say "free unless you do something with it that could potentially make money so fuck you it's mine"

but what if it took me 4 days to make an idle animation that looks like horseshit for my mc?

Game development encompasses more than just 'programming'. This isn't the daily programming thread. This deals with anything that may or may not show up in your game.

If your game features the sound of you pissing into the toilet. Then recording your piss is literally game development.

There is a big giant market for JoJo games because the latest ones have been underwhelming, so go make some JoJo games

Go read the manga as well so you can steal ideas for it

I fucking hate this shit. Non-commercial 'free assets' makes it fucking annoying to look for actual free assets since a shitload of people don't seem to realize the asset they put out for 'free' and 'anyone can use for any purpose' licensed under share-alike or no commercial use means no, you cannot use it for any purpose.

Your asset is not 'free', it's available for limited use, you fucking twats

Also Jojo is a hyper recognizable franchise with a very tight grip on their royalties. So good luck not getting a S&D if you try and go commercial.

I dunno, I guess if you release it and they heard of it, they're not entirely sure if it's 100 but they feel entitled to it so would try to fuck you over by looking up any metric of your game.

>slowdev
spotted a nodev in denial

No it isnt

>KMQsoft had to take down the download for 'reasons'.
Yep that's a good source to reference. On top of that, they're a Japanese indie developer, not an American one. We've skirted around names to make sure they don't get sued by the various artists the series references.

I don't want my game to feature Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

If you're not making money off it they won't do shit tho

Download blender, mmd_tools, some good mmd models, import them in blender and study how they're made. (convert the tris to quads to have a better idea about how the topology works, your normals may be fucked a bit but it doesn't really matter)
You can also watch this
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvgIVNDU-Dxjb3eukDF5W0l0-6ShO9OiM

Get the mmd tools from this repo, the original author stopped working on them
github.com/powroupi/blender_mmd_tools/tree/dev_test

what could cause this?

The script checks for the angle between the player's up vector and the ground's normal and rotates him on the orthogonal vector to the up and normal vectors.

It's basically working but when you look north it will rotate you any way it can to make you look back south/west/east

Not necessarily true, plenty of non-commercial games that use non-licensed IPs get C&D/taken down, especially if they have online components

>I don't want my game to feature Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

That's a great name for how audacious and stupid it is as opposed to "Deadly Queen" what are you talking about

I wanna collab for lewd jam

is there any lewd jam chat or forum or thread somewhere? cause those collab docs aren't cutting it for me.

machinama sound
I'll remove it from the OP for next thread

sunds like gimbal lock. if so you need to rotate using quaternions.

all in all though it is true that if you don't make money, most of the time (not never, it could still happen) sad men in grey suits won't give a damn
even am2r /v/ kept memeing about lately seems to be dealing with some download takedown asspatting rather than an actual fullblown meaty c&d

Has anyone used "Construct 2" to make games?

I'm looking for some tools for building web games and this one keeps popping up, but apparently you make games without code. Can this really work for a complex game ?

Construct2 works for small projects but for big games it becomes a mess.
Don't use it, this comes from experience

reposting from last thread - I'm looking for the user who made the solar system simulation during the space jam. saw only one webm of your progress, would like to know what reference you've used when developing it

Where's recap man?

Tried to make a bright version of the both sides lighting.

thanks. I actually hate this whole trend of "make games without knowing anything xD"

New dance move. I'll speed it up in game though.

I can't get the weight painting right on the arms, I hate this. Or maybe it's the IK that's fucking things up, I don't know.

maybe you need another edge loop

Looks kind of odd, but at least it looks like stone. The single edge lighting ones actually look better.

>it's another "I'm just going to spend 5 hours on a single 20 pixel placeholder asset and post it 10 times with minor variations until I finally give up" episode

who dev back from the grave

whats this lewd collab

is it 3d

>bored as fuck at work
At least I get paid to be bored as fuck.

my dream job

>You have access to a computer at work
>You are literally getting paid to shitpost on the internet
Can't be too bad.

I'm an overnight janitor. I spend most of the 9 hours standing and cleaning up dog poop.

At least it's dev.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nice user. I used to be a convention center janitor actually.

It does look like gimbal lock but I'm using quaternions everywhere unless vector operations are messing with eulerangles.

The worst is this script works perfectly in another game.

The maybe I should move up in the world and get a more comfy job.

it is whatever you want it to be

actually it's just a bunch of guys putting their info in a google doc spreadsheet that nobody will look at

which is why I'm trying to find someone here, or find a better place to get a collab partner

I'm at work right now in a training course. RESTful web dev bullshit.

What can you do? What are you looking for?

Gamemaker is cheaper and probably would work better for this

>wanna post my stuff here
>don't do in fear someone steal my assets or ideas
who /paranoiddev/ here?

>wanna post my stuff here
>worried that the tumblr crowd will boycott my game

lowpoly 3d (including rigging and animating), pixel art, or if you can convince me I could do hand drawn but that's a lot of effort

actionscript, javascript, some C# but it's been a while

I'm looking for someone to do a lewd jam project with, something with a well defined scope that is in no way ambitious, and basically I just wanna make something simple then polish the fuck out of it. getting it done is priority #1 though.

>add a trap character with good personality
>sexuliaze it
>profit from weeb moneys even if tumblrinas rage

>tfw gotten chubby after starting gamedev last year
Reminder to exercise.

FOR
DEV

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7zBKXQ3YjE

youtube.com/watch?v=pZqJT4VaxH8
In loop

>project getting big enough that I've forgotten how a some of code works and I pray to god every day that it doesn't break

>how a some of code works
*how some of my code works

Mad man.

youtu.be/u3iYDiFQ4-E

Here you go fammu

youtube.com/watch?v=XYr2ERIP3D4

Make a doc where you explain the basic structure of your systems?

youtube.com/watch?v=GqzJUwGbU8o

You should skim through your code and all your functions and anything that could even be ambiguous. I'd go as far as even comment where the function gets called from.

I learned my lesson when I made a function with a bunch of local variables are aptly titled i v j t u and uu. Then have a shit load of operations happen and return uu
Then simply comment it //Some math shit for enemies

What the fuck did I mean by this.

youtube.com/watch?v=3O1_3zBUKM8

mollyrocket.com/casey/stream_0019.html
number-none.com/blow/john_carmack_on_inlined_code.html

I accidentally pressed update and refresh instead of shut down on a Windows 10 laptop. Now almost 20 minutes have passed, and it's only at 12%. Damn. I want to rape Win-chan.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLpjPht5mvg

youtube.com/watch?v=_NZImxGQEFY

The loading screen in my DDX demo is fake

>windows 10
gtfo you dumb fucking normshit

They always wear that headband in animus. What is its purpose?

Thanks for sharing tho, it's great.

Is it entertaining?

I have a story about that. Also, general /what motivates you to do what you do?/ post. Was going to reply to a what motivates you post, but thread was archived before I could so here it is.

I spent four years learning and working on a project with a friend. When it was time to pay he ignored it and then stole the code and ran off with nothing to say. It was a very hard time for me. He also sent my personal information to everyone, which I don't care about because I'm an adult so it's not like anything is going to happen, but it's just the principle of it. It's just a dirty thing to do on top of everything else.

I didn't have backups and I lost all of the work I had done when my hard drive failed. I could have recovered it, but I didn't care.

Recently, I started back up with a new solo project to do what the original set out to do.

If I can lose everything I worked for for four years and then come back to do it again, clearly I care about the project so much that nothing can stop it. Motivation is fleeting, but for me I've been motivated for four years and even after that, the same amount, if not more, when I started.

I'm motivated by pure hatred, people saying I can't do it, by the fact that it's so difficult to do that no one has done it and when you look up how to start game developing everyone instantly crushes your motivations by telling you to make a simple 2D game.

I don't care about people stealing my idea because I literally had everything stolen and I still kept going. Besides, maybe I'm arrogant, but I KNOW that I'm the only one that can do it properly and no one else can or will, even when they literally have my shit.

Get rid of toxic friends too. They are a major source of your self doubt. Don't fail because someone else wants you to. This is one of the only, if not the only, mediums where you're able to fully express yourself and do ANYTHING you imagine. Don't hinder your potential because of other people.

tha fuck she is awsome.

nice blog

youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8