/ccg/

/ C L A S S I C C A R G E N E R A L/ - ccg

Classic car discussion
Post classic car pictures
Blogpost about classics and trucks

A classic car is an older automobile. The common theme is of an older car with enough historical interest to be collectible and worth preserving or restoring rather than scrapping.

Your weekend homework: go to
highdefforum.com/car-forum/115098-muscle-cars-1962-1972-a-675.html
and bring something cool back

Extra credit: work on your car and post a before/after pic

Other urls found in this thread:

worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5649879535.html
providence.craigslist.org/cto/5623273889.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5642944883.html
critesperformanceparts.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4WgkMbJh8&feature=youtu.be
nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5656459931.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting in a classic thread after a long day. Nothing better.

>blog posting

My custom magnesium shifter mount.

Fuck off ban-evading shitter

>shitpost all the time
>don't know why you get banned
Gee, I wonder.

In 1964 you could go to a dealership and buy a 12 sec flat car for $20,500 in todays money

I wonder what would happen if I bought either of these to daily drive
worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5649879535.html
providence.craigslist.org/cto/5623273889.html

Odds there anything i should do about being at altitude that has to do with my cooling system?

Would take that Monte Carlo in a heartbeat

>want to put new gears and diff in today
>would have to do it hackjob as fuck
>friend knows a guy who has a shop that does rears
>too impatient to wait to see if the guy can do it and make a date

/ccg/ i've come to a point where i want to dump a 350 small block into the front of my Corvair.
How retarded am i?

desu the Frunk actually has a lot of space.

if I recall correctly, my dad who is a corvair buff from way back, said that is the most common mod they used to do back then. of course it would have been a 327 in those days.

Typically they mount them in the back or where the back seat used to be but i'm not trying to deal with a SBC sitting right behind my head or the plumbing to send coolant all the way to the front.

My real question is, is there enough physical space to put a 350 SBC crate engine in the Frunk? You should axe your Dad for my me user.

sorry. I forgot to mention that he passed away last year when a jack stand failed while he was underneath.

actually it was a dairy crate but those things are pretty strong.

I have some pictures I will look for and post here.

Damn, sorry user.

Well fuck nevermind, Sears didn't have any inch pound gauges.

Pressed the bearings on the diff, I guess I'll bolt up the ring gear too.

>4 grand to clean out my garage
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5642944883.html

Air is thinner at altitude meaning you will run richer than at sea level. You may need to jet down or lean your carb out slightly to compensate. Some factory carbs had mechanisms to read outside air density and tune back fuel but that most likely isn't what you have.

On my way back from Wichita with an 8k mile project DeLorean instead of the automatic one. Will be restoring it instead of swapping the transmission into my previous car.

>tfw you will never caminotize an early Buick Special wagon
Bad MS Paint shoop related, it looks predestined!

>rebuilt fucking title no less

That Monte looks way nicer than the Falcunt for that money.

lol at just " instead of 'ci' or 'cu in'

Getting pretty close to paint, got the whole tub in high build today, painted the door and hood jambs, powdercoated the hood and door hinges.

Metal becomes weak over time. Why do you want old cars with stressed frames that could snap at any moment?

>Metal becomes weak over time
No it don't my man.

Yes it does. Metal does fatigue. Why do you think airplanes are decommissioned after many years. Or trucks are randomly inspected on the highway.

>Yes it does.
No it doesn't.

>hy do you think airplanes are decommissioned after many years.
No longer cost effective and sensitive electronics have failed while a bureaucracy needs to spend more money.

>Or trucks are randomly inspected on the highway.
Because in the 70's truckers were notorious speeders and cops never forgot. 44 tons of shit can kill a lot of people.

drove an hour to an all ford car show and it was fun, talked to alot of people.
also found out I get about 13 mpg

put a 429 in it

and that's with the stock 289?

Which show?

yeah I got the jets. I was wondering about the cooling system

I think next week I will either rejet, or put on the rebuilt 4412 holley I have. do you think a stock mechanical fuel pump on the 300 will be enough for a 500cfm carb?

>tfw getting like 8 or 9 mpg right now.
should get a little better when I put in the high altitude jet r-right?

tfw no 426

more like
>tfw no 428

I want my grandfathers mustang

a whopping 120hp

also I went to car toys today. anyone have any good 6x9 speakers they'd recommend?

more like 365 at the wheels probably. makes an earth moving amount of torque.

my 300 made 170hp gross in 1965, which probably equated 115 at the crank, which meant like 88 at the wheels. today, i'm lucky if it is making 60 at the wheels.

I can't wait to put a 351 in here

Tell me everything there is to know about the Fiat X1/9. I want to be a special snowflake MR.

the electrics will fail
the brakes aren't that good
they don't make much power
they are highly likely to become the fire
>but they handle decent, make a decent noise, and don't use much gas

you'd be better off with an aw11 but they just aren't as cool.

would have to cut out the shock towers and get a mustang II ifs just to do that

1968 302 with old intake, cam, and headers

9th annual all ford show at summit, its once a year and this is the first time I took a car

So, if I want to get one, I need to pay someone to rewire the whole car? Well, it's far enough in the future anyways. Might as well budget for that too.

Lancia Scorpions have the same problems, I'm assuming? I know their brakes were shit enough to force a halt to production.

>would have to cut out the shock towers and get a mustang II ifs just to do that
puss

Page 9 bump.

You forgot to post what Edition this one is

Oh fuck yeah

My Beige Boat. ('68 Custom 500)

i bought this junk for 400 like twenty minutes after it arrived at the pick n pull

redpill me /ccg/ how bad did i fuck up

You done good; I'd have paid $700.00 for it, sprayed a bunch of Mad Max emblems on it and sold it for $1,500.00 in a day if I were you.

Doing a temp paintjob since having random spots of primer just looked like ass, trying to get the car all one color.

I actually wanted to just do red primer, but I found some semi-gloss flat black paint so I bought a couple cans of that to try it out, looks fucking great

I keep toying around the idea of painting the truck but I think I will wait until I am done modding it. my problem is, I have a dent in the hood that drives me crazy.

also how hard is it to install a small mini amp so I can get better quality out of a pair of 6x9 speakers?

also what amp and speakers do I get?

anyone else sit in the Mcdonalds drive-thru to listen for engine knocking?
Also friction plate is squeaky when it's not at operating temp.

bumpin

I think your truck looks great as is dude

You paint it and all of its character is gonezo

ded bread bump

Are both of those those repro's?

Yup

Well today was a day for seeing rare unusual American cars. Day started off with an AMC Rebel, then several hour later I spotted an AMC Marlin.

I wish I was in single digits.
Is that same engine bay dimensions as 65/66 mustang?
I always wondered if you trimmed down the shock towers like they did on 69 boss' (but slightly more for you) and either did the tiny coil overs that are mainstream now, or did the modified McPherson strut setup like on the fox bodies (with stand alone strut and spring moved between lower control arm and frame) if you could keep a lot of the "factory" parts with just slight reinforcements.
A lot of work man, I feel your pain.
You're getting close so don't get lazy, I've seen it happen too many times. Keep up the A+ work and don't let any shortcuts ruin what you've accomplished

It's the same as the stang but with 3-4" less between the shock towers and the firewall.

There is a shock tower kit to run Clevelands and FEs in Falcons/Comets -
critesperformanceparts.com/

Fortunately it's so hot right now that I probably won't be able to shoot paint for a few weeks anyway, so I can take my time and do it correctly without being tempted to half ass and cover everything in 10 coats of build primer

That's rough. I've done custom tranny tunnels/firewalls- but theres only so much room to work with before you have to extend the dash.
I'd go with a 427/428 before a 429 though.

62 comet not super rare but not overly common, based of the ford falcon

Well damn, I could have got a cross member from them

Overall it looks good, was it a kit?
That snot weld on the left is kind of an embarrassment but the rest has good penetration.

Sheeeeeit. And I was going to take it to the sema show. better start over.

And I made it from scratch, thanks. The main channel is from an old pallet rack.

Pieces look like a good fab. You either have a plasma cutter or spent way too much time at the grinding wheel on it.
And I've had multiple cars in sema.

Thanks. It was mostly band saw and some belt sander. With all the fitting time I'd say it took 6 hours.

And I envy your carbon fiber fender flare budget.

I wish we were that shop.
Our cars made it onto the floor because we were good ( my buddy did one car- EVERY vacuum line was hand-bent stainless tubing). That car was totalled doing 150+ through the desert on the way to its second year at sema when it blew a tire- owner said "hey pull over and unload I want to drive in".
Dick is lucky we know how to build a roll cage.
Btw, anybody wants to check it was a stupid 2001 civic hatch, pearl white. First one on the west coast. Retarded shifter in the dash. Injen got credit for the intake IT WAS NOT THEIRS.

Fuck that sucks. At least he got to crash his own car :)

Good call. Never thought of that actually.
Plus he walked away from it and is still telling his story like I am. Guess I was so pissed he destroyed all that work I've never thought if it from his side.
He's still a dick though.

What year Marlin? Did it have horizontal or vertical quads?

Not sure. I only saw it from the back.

I've got a 429, that's one more!

Looks pretty cool. Could make a sweet beach buggy with it

Was the original piece dented or rusted out?

Was hit square in the middle and had a super shitty repair done to it. I could have probably saved it but I found a parts car with the piece in good shape, this way my entire car has maybe an ounce of filler. Welding it in was a big job with how complex of a shape it was but I feel good knowing my car is all metal.

I did this today:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4WgkMbJh8&feature=youtu.be

Give me a reason to not fall for the Meme-ata.

Only tiny manlets fit in it. That's my only reason

bumping

The numbers don't lie, Comets were the best car made in 1965

FE>385

>all of these random arbitrary numbers
kek

"no"

"no"

"car"

then
>"no"
>tfw no nailhead 425

So I was watching On Her Majesty's Secret Service for the millionth time the other day, and I'm looking at what Diana Rigg is driving, thinking that it looks like a Ford but it wasn't. For some reason I forgot about these. I want.

Fucking sex.

Top alternator bolt broke in half on my galaxie today, sheared completely flush with the head. Gonna be a bitch to get it out. Luckily the spacer for it fell in just the right way for it to jam itself against the alternator and the block itself, allowing the belt not to slip and I drove it 20 miles home.
>MFW

Thinking about ditching the current mount system and making a self tightening spring loaded system, Poor man's serpentine I guess.

Also just bought a 1976 lincoln continental today, has a 460 and a 9" rear end with factory disc brakes. Those two items will go into my maverick eventually, and the transmission will go into my galaxie. $725 with included tow to my house.

That Lincoln better be in very poor shape to be worth cannibalizing. If it's not and it's perfectly driveable and fine, then go choke on 1 million dicks

The vinyl roof is all but fucking gone, With half of the metal which was ONCE the roof gone with it. The interior is fucked completely and most of the spark plugs in the engine are oil fouled.

if you really want to FUCKING RAGE, HAVE A FUCKING LOOK AT THIS.

nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5656459931.html

HE'S PARTING THE FUCKER OUT. IT RAN AND DROVE. HE HAS A CLEAR TITLE. IT WAS MINT.

I emailed the guy and this is now the current state of the car.

If somebody has the means, please rescue this car before the guy fucking scraps it.

im on it