Is there a better bang for the bucks performance luxury cruiser than the w211 e55 amg ? These can be had now for 12-15k$

Is there a better bang for the bucks performance luxury cruiser than the w211 e55 amg ? These can be had now for 12-15k$

Mark 8 lincoln for 1000 bucks. 290 hp and 100 times more reliable

put your name back on danny

>469hp merc
>290hp lincoln

lol nope

Kek

Tbh I think the slav made a good choice with the e55 though

We've got one 2005 cost $45k in 2008-09 I can't remember. It's got sweet power, feels very solid. Seats torn up though because of the stupid perforated design.

How has been the reliability ?

>2016
>Not reconditioning your seats once a month

I bet you go through the automatic wash too

Main issue is something related to starting when it gets hot occasionally, doesn't for an attempt or two. Mechanics cannot figure it out, they've tried battery, CPS, starter... Otherwise the engine is great at about 120k miles. Very smooth.

It is literally torn up because the seats come with a bunch of holes in it. Don't really care that much for the interior though.

If you want a pile that you're going to need to dump another 15k into over the next 3 to 5 yrs go ahead.
You can do much better than a E55 for that coin.

thanks user.
Have you been raped on maintenance ?

love my w211 E63... had it 4 years now, 40k miles on it since.. zero troubles except for having to replace 1 airmatic shock

Could be ignition coil

Lmao I been driving all day
But it is infact the best for the money

For $15k you can buy 4 or 5 entire drivetrains for this
It's a simple sohc engine very easy to work on
If air suspension fails convert to struts, cheap and efficient.

Well in the area we live they charge more cause of wealth etc but recently I've been trying to offer some DIY maintenence on it to cut some costs (otherwise my mother takes it to the shop since it is her business). Some parts are damn expensive regardless like new headlights because they apparently can't just replace a bulb. That's one thing I like about my M3, if something breaks it is easy to identify and fix. I did take my driver's test in the AMG though so it's been part of my growing driving experience. It's pretty comfy for roadtrips I'll give it that.

Can't remember if that was looked into, but I'll check. Thanks!

Why does nobody ever mention the C55 AMG?

You fucking retard how did you ruin the seats

They don't just tear

>Muh SC400

Because the w203 is the worst car mercedes has ever made

because not supercharged means not nearly as much mod-ability

this

It's gonna be so hard to maintain.
E60 M5, if you can find one in manual, is your best bet. 25k or so for 205 mph, 507 HP, 8500 rpm V10 action
SMG tranny is a no go, had to replace its clutch at 30k miles for 6 grand.

Bump

>12-15k$

If you buy the shitty ones made during the Chrysler years. 05 and 06 model years still sell in the 20s if they're clean

Really depends on the area/country you live.
I am looking at a 2005 with 80k miles and few mods including vossen wheels asking price is 17,000$ canadian...

Why do people all assume it's so tough? Jesus Christ if you can't change a tensioner you don't belong in any fast car, German or not. Parts are actually cheap

Mechanically the 05/06 is the same, slight differences as the center console, speedo etc. Not much mechanically.

it looks like american made garbage

Because it is

>asking Veeky Forums anything mercedes related
Whew lad. Dont you know if you even mention a merc the salty poorfags will come out their caves and shitpost about muh maintenance?