/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Hibiki, Nine, Naoto, and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in October 6th in Japan
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/438940
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- Es and Mai are on-release DLC, Es will be available to download for free 2 weeks after release
- US release of BBCF is set for November, preorder for CE up on Amazon soon™
- No dub for western release. Decision has been made, let's not start shit.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj (embed)
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/CcR94DZE
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ESu7RUdkpC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which group do you think will become playable in its entirety first; the Six Heroes or Team Remix Heart?

Izanami

Nice!

Made for eachother.

It seems like a lot of us know Japanese to the point where people listen to Japanese VAs so be honestly here, /blaz/. What's your level of Japanese proficiency?

pupwa is a dubfag
thus the dub will come back because of his meme magic

As far as I know, only maybe two regulars in these threads speak Japanese fluently. The rest are weeaboos.

I asked in a previous thread, but didn't get any replies so I'll ask here again. I'm still having trouble with the following Valkenhayn combo:

w[5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > 5D] > 5B > whatever

Landing the 5B is killing me and it seems extremely tight. Is there some sort of trick to it? Any Valk player feel like giving me some advice?

I can watch raws and understand everything well enough, and I can talk to japanese people decently in person. However, I can't read for shit so it really doesn't mean much. Trying to study it but I am very bad at making good habits.

Who's pupwa?

In other words, you learned everything from watching anime.

Virtually nothing. Recognizing weeaboo phrases is the full extent of my Japanese knowledge.

Yes, it's a very pathetic thing. I've been watching this for too long, but apparently it's good enough for me to speak at a decent level, so I do want to learn the language since I know this much already.

I wanto to suck Mai's dick!

Cute girl! And Nu.

Mori is a terrible artist. Even our drawfag is better than him.

at least he isnt zun tier

zun should do the art for the next BB game.

Me, 2nd from the left

ふふ、なにくっそ馬鹿

No, sorry. Your knowledge is essentially worthless. If you tried to talk to someone who's actually fluent in Japanese using just what you learned in animal, you'd get ridiculed.

What type of hat would each BB girl have?

I have done exactly that with native japanese speakers at several occasions and it went fine. Obviously there were alot of mistakes, but I could keep up a conversation and know general phrases and such. I got to act as a translator once over a full weekend at an event for 2 japanese players and it also went fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=ESu7RUdkpC8

Fuck off namefag

Did you end every sentence you translated with dess or dess wa?

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. I can understand japanese well enough and speak it decently even if there are obvious issues when I do, but that's still enough to make me interested in learning the language legitimately. Personally I don't find much issue in that.

No

I'm gonna mcchicken my BlazBlue Central Fiction art book

>2016
>not imitating Kajun and using ~desu no

Don't lie you weeb. If you learned all your Japanese from anime, that's pretty fucking hazukashii desu wa.

What am I lying about? Everything I've said is true, two japanese players came out to an event I was in and I was the only one staying in the same place as them, and the only one good enough at japanese to translate for them. Of course it's embarassing since it wasn't exactly something I had planned on doing, but it worked out well and got me interested in learning it properly after the whole thing was over.

Please, guys. We're not even 50 posts in yet.

fighting the discord is better than dub vs sub at this point

What's fighting the discord?

That's probably because there wasn't anyone more qualified. To be honest, you'd really be better off if you had learned basic Japanese from scratch before being exposed to animals.

Really, speaking as as someone who's fluent in two languages and learned another, if you have any plans whatsoever to seriously learn a language, throw away the ridiculous notion that you can learn a language to any worthwhile extent from watching anime. Don't even assume that what you currently have one
is in any way adequate. Learn the language properly from the ground up, go to a language class and, more than anything else, immerse yourself in the language with real people as much as possible. Just assume you know nothing. You're already past the age where learning another language is gonna be very easy, so just don't get cocky.

>throw away the ridiculous notion that you can learn a language to any worthwhile extent from watching anime
I'm not claiming a thing like that. I am learning japanese from the very scratch, I don't really have much reason to do otherwise. Being able to speak common phrases and keep a conversation doesn't mean anything if I don't know the rules properly and can't read or write for shit. I read simple manga in japanese to try and ingest some media, and I use online tools for beginners to learn.

There isn't anything cocky about what I've said, I've literally just stated things that happen to me and why I got interested in trying to learn it in the first place.

I can read and write really well but I don't speak it, so if I tried to talk to anyone it would without a doubt sound god awful

I actually have this one insane friend who learned to read and speak Japanese fluently from virtually anime alone. Then again, he moved to the US from Korea at 12 years old and speaks both languages fluently as well, and he's getting straight A's in med school.

Why are you lecturing the guy? He never claimed to have anything but rudimentary knowledge of Japanese.

Just some fair warning and advice. I said I know three languages, but that's out of the six I tried to learn. The three I know right now, two are because I had a massive head start as a child, one being English and the other being my parents' native language.

Learning a language is brutal. I'm speaking from experience.

People learn best when they're self-motivated and having fun doing it. While it's true that some chuunis will watch anime and claim to know the full language without actually knowing much of anything, there's nothing at all wrong with learning a big part of the language through media. I tutor at my college, and I can testify that international students who regularly watch English shows are often the best English speakers even without formal training.

From my experience, learning a language almost exclusively from TV and movies can cause some bad habits and biases to form.

I wish I could help you, but I never bothered learning this particular combo because of that very reason.
I add a j.wC after the j.wA before changing back, since it's so much easier and doesn't alter the combo all that much.

>I can testify that international students who regularly watch English shows are often the best English speakers even without formal training.

I don't understand why this works for English so well. I've heard that sometimes teachers just play TV shows to students to familiarize them with English and they come here with great conversational skills and no accents.

>Learning a language is brutal
It's not hard at all to learn a language, it's just time consuming and requires dedication and/or a lot of exposure to it.
Toddlers can learn languages, for fuck's sake.

Maybe, but that doesn't make it an ineffective or even discouraged method. What's more damaging is the notion that learning should be boring, or even painful.

>I don't understand why this works for English so well
Because of constant exposure. I'm Danish and I speak English just as well, if not better, than I do Danish because I'm exposed to English in every game I play, every show I watch, every person I talk to online, etc. It's endless. I spend far more time each day "practicing" my English than I do my Danish.
If anything, I'm amazed that some of my peers are as bad at English as they are, since they're also exposed to English all the time.

1. Watching TV is more fun than, say, listening to lectures or studying out of a textbook. Students are more apt to learn things if they are actually interested in it.
2. TV has constant native dialogue between the characters. Students who emulate the characters have better English accents than those who only hear the perfect pronunciation occasionally from the teacher (assuming the teacher has perfect pronunciation to begin with).

This works just as well for other languages. Inexperienced chuunis botched the image of learning Japanese through anime, but it's a valid method, and I wouldn't be surprised if several of those chuunis grew up to speak the language fluently.

Do you know if anything changed about that combo route from CP to CPEX? I remember that I could land the wj.A>5D>5B pretty consistently back then, but now it's up to blind luck if I land it or not. I haven't played BB in years now and I just started trying out CPEX recently, but I don't remember it being nearly this difficult.

How do you continue the combo with your route? adding a wj.C seems to make the opponent float quite a bit higher.

My combo is
>stuff-wC-6D-j.wA-j.wC-5D-5C-sjc-j.B-j.A-j.B-djc-j.B-j.C

And I've got no clue, sorry.

I'm not even sure if I should try

>Izanami16
I love you two

For the man who said Terumi doesn't get much off his mixup, while I'm not that educated on Terumi combo routes, in the corner I can get about...45 meter or more after using a rapid, so while the combo might not be that damaging, it's basically free, and not optimized at that.

not bumping this thread from page 10

it lacks pupwas

I'll pup your wa

I don't care about fighting in BB I just want to fucc heroines

which heroine do you want to fucc the most

Makocchi, Lambda and maybe Mu

Danes, Dutch, and Swedes are some of the few exceptions. Don't know why.

Swedes and Dutch especially. Completely unaccented.

can someone tell me why last thread was so gay for kagura?

Because he's perfect duh

I don't know, but I have been out of town for a week on business and missed it. Can we start again?

I want Kagura to rub my tummy!

I took a joke too far and now I'm a homo.

Also, this:

It's just Hibiki shitposting again.

An improved Noel.

>Dutch
No clue

>Swedes
Like all Scandinavians, they replace "v" with "wh" quite often. I found out I did it after being told I pronounced "vampire" as "whampire". It's actually really noticeable if you pay attention to it.
>I am the White Whoid!

>Still no word on my net getting fixed
kill me

It seems that shitposting creates waifuism and husbandoism.

The question is, who will be the next in love shitposter?

Depends, does Shiori count as part of Team Remix Heart? if she does then neither team will be complete.

This is my gf! If we don't all say something nice about her quickly, you're waifu will die!

>there are people buying the ps4 ver of bbcf

Lol why

Sprite quality, presumably. I own CPEX on PS3 and 4 and the sprites feel a lot muddier on the PS3 than the PS4.

Because my ps3 is dead and I bought a ps4 recently for bloodborne

>inbred trash
Go fucking kill yourself

That's ridiculous. There is no way a PS3 would be worse at rendering 2D sprites than a PS4. This isn't fucking cutting edge graphics. BlazBlue's sprites have been outdated for over half a decade.

Well all the other new games i got this year are on PS4 and i don't like plugging in my PS3 every time

Blood Pain should play during Jin VS Hakumen.

blazblue looks the best on the vitas oled screen anyways.

>He doesn't know

Too bad the Vita version of CPEX gets noticeable (since its 60fps fighter) slowdown. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the effects, not the sprites. Celica in particular roughs the game up.

Bought CPE on PS3 despite having a PS4 and everything runs fine but I won't take that chance with CF. BB doesn't change the sprites, but the effects are what can cause the slowdown

BB looks best on the 3ds

>not playing on PSP

nah, psp resolution is too high

the optimal BB experience is on 3DS at 320x240p with cinematic sub 30fps

More like "noel made even more shit"

Doubly sniffable!

I'm back from my trip

What don't I know? Does it already?

Yes it does. In story mode.

nice to have you back Alphabro! Hope your tripe went well.

My cow stomach did go well

What do you guys think about Amane

He's cute.

Ah. But I mean it being the default in vs.

Charming.

I don't have much of an opinion on Amane cause whenever he shows up all I can hear is

KIRAAAAAAAAAA

Drill ptsd

Midscreen punish, 4222
5C > 2DC > 6DA > 5DA > 46A > 5B > 3C > 6DC > 2DB

Corner punish, 6457
5C > 2DA > 6DC > 28C > 2C > 5C > 6DC > 5DA > 663C > 6DC > 2DB

"Max" damage, 9293
5C > 6DC > 28C > 5C > CT > 5C > 6DC > OD > 5C > 6DC > 2DC > 6DC > 5DC > 2DA > super

Shitty edit incoming. I'll try and make a better version at some point.

I'd fuck him