Looking for first car

>looking for first car
>live in the Mississauga/Toronto
>want to spend about 4k CAD that includes tax and safety/e-test
>have been scowering Kijiji/Autotrader for cars in this range
>have seen some mint 2003-2007~ Mazda 3s and Honda civics that are manual
>want a car that is simple to start out fixing/learning how to wrench
>would obviously want RWD sick skids car but can't really find any RWD at this price range besides old as fuck E36s that will probably grenade themselves
>don't know how to drive manual, know the mechanics of it(other then hundreds of hours of playing racing sims with a wheel setup and h-shifter plus clutch settings)

What do you guys think? Should i hit up a stealership because most of them will come with the safety certification but i am afraid of getting blown out. Most of the private sale adds are not certified and the ones that are charge quite a bit more for them. The biggest killer is going to be insurance, which will be 300+ dollars a month.

>1990s is old as fuck
>RWD IS BETTER GUYS
Wow kill yourself any time

Okay i might have fell for the RWD meme a bit hard but from what i have heard and read e36's and BMWs in general are expensive as fuck to maintain and simple parts are expensive.

I was paying 390/month for a 95 GSR back when I was probably 21 Yeah 25 and I'm paying like 218/month for a G35.

Buy an average dildo car, civic/protégé/jetta/corolla/lancer/sentra etc etc.

Find someone that has a manual car, offer to buy gas/lunch/hookers and drive their shitbox in a parking lot and get familiar.

Yeah not looking forward to the insurance, at least i did the driving school two years ago. Currently 21 atm and just need a car seeing as you can't really do shit without one. Yeah i was looking at TDI Manual Jettas for that dank fuel economy but they are kind of rare from what i have seen and go quick.

Honestly digging some of these early/mid 2000s Mazda 3s. Their were some pretty mint civics though.

buy an old Honda
civic/accord/prelude/integra for

They rust that bad?

Not him but yeah they do. It's a shame because they're literally perfect cars apart from the rust issues. I'm guessing it snows a lot in Toronto?

Yeah, they salt the shit out of the roads to so it tends to BTFO any cars.

pic is a quebec car, but it snows a fair amount in Toronto and they salt. lately they've been spraying some weird ass brine solution on the roads. Great for melting snow and preventing icing up. Apparentally its quadruple bad for cars.

I've personally seen some mazda 3's with some seriously bad corrosion, never that bad though.

if you live in sauga I'll teach you manual on my shitbox for like 20$

I live in the Port Credit area but meeting some guy on the internet to learn manual sounds fucked. But i do want to learn how to do it. Where you at m8.

clarkson village m8

not just any internet, its Veeky Forums.

some people don't like him for whatever reason. I still haven't spotted his S2K in the wild, was at a track event with him last year at Cayuga in late September. RWDCIVIC. Neat.

I paid for gas and lunch and learned how to drive manual in a 1.6L MX3 with no cat and no muffler in a full parking lot at lunch. Just because I went to school with the guy dosent mean it wasent shady.

Fuggin hell that is pretty close to where i live all things considered.

theres a guy that does it for like 60 for one hour, 85 for 1.5 hours in a velosters if you google for stick gta

ya but ill do this as a favor to get more people coming out to Ontario Wat meets and to save the manual

email the wat Ontario group so we can add you to the whatsapp group if that hasn't been done already

I would probably only want to do it in a really public parking lot to avoid getting killed/robbed raped or all three. You know where Dixie outlet mall is m8.

But i don't even have a car. I guess i will give an email. Where do i find this email. Do i just email saying i want to get added.

hondas and toyotas are more expensive to insure then a mazda, coupes even more so.

Got to pay to play, I wouldn't go for the 09' and older mazda3s though.

>save the manual

more like kill it kek

I'd be down to join you guys, learned to drive motos so I understand how to shift just never did it in a car.

Fwd delusional cuck first post
Keep telling yourself that and misleading new guy

Here in quebec, Most >2006 Mazda looks worst then rusted to shit hick pickups from the 90s. Get yourself an early 2000s civic for 2000-2500. Theyre cheap and easy to fix.

ya that's understandable for the public place thing. I haven't met any shitters from Veeky Forums yet surprisingly everyone's been super chill

email [email protected]

Just ask to get added to the group and my username or something? Never used whatsapp before, installing it right now.

manual honda, swapped would be better and get the most bang for your buck, dont worry about learning stick the car would probably need a new clutch anyway.

>I'd be down to join you guys, learned to drive motos so I understand how to shift just never did it in a car.
>ignored

oh ok

>showing your autism level

no u

Okay i emailed them my number.

Yeah i am definitely considering a simple civic but the insurance will probably be higher with one.

you should come to one of the meets, we have a small one tomorrow night, but do the thing with whatsapp we have a ton of people from Toronto in that group atm

what the fuck op i'm in the same situation and same area kek
i rly wanted to buy a 240sx but by the time I have the money all the good ones will be gone I think also they seem to have a lot of tax on them so there's that. Don't really know what to get for when I go back to school

Am I allowed to join even if I don't have a car? I'm in Oshawa

>not buying of classifieds

are you blem?

EP3
P

Unless if you're not a bad enough dude to hot hatch it up.

Also literally nothing wrong with FWD, and you'll be comfortably driving stick in traffic within a week or so.

What in the actual fuck

this
teach me my yute