Best Performance for the Buck

Picture only kind of related.

Looking at buying a new car in the next year, two at the latest. Have a budget that's quite flexible but must first pay off current vehicles (again, likely this time next year). I don't want to buy new, assume every vehicle is a manual and that while it may be DD'ed now and again DD duty is held by a Sienna, FiST or an ND Miata depending on people and weather.

Option 1: 2016 Camaro 1SS. Looking to buy used around the time lease turn ins come back which should plant them in the high 20s. Reviewed well and after actually sitting in one am able to use the mirrors to circumvent shitty visibility.

2015 Mustang GT: Would need about 3k in bolt-ons before I wouldn't make fun of it for being European (massive resonator neuters exhaust sound and chokes aspiration, GT350 manifold adds back the top end that was mysteriously missing). Lacks low end torque of other options but is fun to rev and with mods and tune can rev will into 8k (enjoy running out of usable tach). Has high windows and poor visibility like the Camaro but has more usable space so is kind of neat I guess if I wanted to take the kids somewhere.

2014 Corvette Z51: Would take longer to clear space for but by next year depreciation will pull used models below 40. Do not want a blower, and Grand Sport is still too expensive. Seems like the most promising option of the bunch but also is the one I've spent no time in. Worry that at the end of the day the 1SS would have been a better choice since numbers are nearly the same.

If anyone has experience with any of these, tell me what you like or tell me what you regret.

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

>4wheels
>best performance for the buck
Kek'd

fiesta st lightly used

>GM
Sure if you're going for straight lines only

> memes

>fwd

oh boy

>he thinks its a meme
Oh boy

Already own a FiST

I would tell you to get something with a Barra in it but I don't think you Americans can.

If you just care about price per horsepower - the three cheapest new cars according to that metric are

1. Hyundai Genesis R
2. Ford Mustang GT
3. Chevy Camaro SS

Note that's price PER Hp, not the lowest price. And for a brand spanking new car. You might be able to do better used and with mods, but shitting on your car or buying someone else's shat-on car entails it own risks.

As to whether they're reliable cars or have good owner satisfaction, dunno. Consumer Reports might be a good place for that and reliability data.

Drove a Genesis and it felt like a more balanced v6 Mustang (s550) but it lacked the grunt even the Ford v6 has.

The Mustang e would require the most work but would be closest to a unique product when it was done and that seems like a big factor.

BBetween the z51 and the SS I'm just genuinely worried that the SS is the same vehicle for 20 grand less which kind of seems like the verdict at least for power. I do wonder how much more balanced the chassis is for the Corvette to justify the extra cash.

If you're going for chassis, Vette hands down. The y body platform has been proven for years. The alpha platform is great too, but Vette weighs slightly less and I assume more aerodynamic. But if that 20 grand difference is killer, you can't go wrong with the ss. The 6g camaros are a decent difference from the 5g zeta platform camaros.

You are not getting a 1SS for high 20's. They start at almost 40k new. You need to wait till 2018 to see those prices.
Why would the most track ready mustang need 3k in bolt ons. If you want to go horse around with a bit more power buy a 100 wet shot kit.
A z51 stingray wont fall below 40k for another yr or 2 unless it has a shit ton of miles.
You can already buy a C6Z for that money. just put a set of recaro's in it.

I do recall that there is also a awd version

don't get a camaro

Still fwd biased. The awd only engages after it detects loss of traction. So they still understeer

Taurus SHO are AWD and weigh like 4500lb. They are huge and heavy and the transmission can't really take added power at all. Nice cars, but not performance oriented. Just a moderately fast family sedan.

>Still fwd biased. The awd only engages after it detects loss of traction. So they still understeer

Bruh, AWD cars are notorious for understeering. Have you ever driven an AWD car? They have loads of grip but understeer like a boat.

Corvette.

C5, c5z, c6. Better than anything so far.

The purpose of this thread was basically to confirm from the few non-bus riders that the C7 is worth the extra scratch over the Camaro SS. I like the LT1 a lot despite being a huge Ford fanboy so it just means I'll trade one of the other cars in towards it when I go.

I'd still like to try a 15 GT with GT350 manifold, tb and JLT intake and maybe long tubes. I doubt it would match the poise provided by the C7 though.

I do forsee non-Z C7s hitting below 40 by July of next year, just as I am pretty sure we'll see 1SS trim 6gs approach the low 30s once they start coming back in.

Taurus SHO's are shitboxes, I tried the V6 and the i4 before I started looking at pony cars in general.