/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>worth it edition

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Angry Bees
youtu.be/QlJhqomYEhE?t=4m38s

>user's 0-60
youtube.com/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk

>CBR250RR
youtube.com/watch?v=IXt7fQsDsk8

>for when you're rollin' through the Mexican neighborhoods, senpai.
youtu.be/18gDUzL2mLQ

>user teaches us how to make a car fast
youtube.com/watch?v=n8pDaROxCOI

>user teaches us how to negative camber
youtube.com/watch?v=0VKxoaqO7mw

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcyclistonline.com/honda-rc174-rc-reborn
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5635855909.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=HB6DoW77OaA
youtube.com/watch?v=W2_9kPguTNs
youtube.com/watch?v=kyCugGQCfNU
youtube.com/watch?v=cCpLC_42w8I
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5651863757.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>honda
>good

pick 2

>tfw steering is pretty much silent now

Feels so fucking good. Love how despite how old it is, there's zero play at all.

Can't wait until it's rolling on fresh rubber tomorrow.

>that 0-60

I haven't tried in a while but I think my last attempt was like 11 seconds. kek

>tfw slow n loud

motorcyclistonline.com/honda-rc174-rc-reborn

Honda fag or not, give it a read for the engineering appreciation.

Steering is supposed to make noise?

Mine was making all kinds of pops and clunks. I replaced a bunch of shit in it.

I still hear something when I accelerate from a stop but my best guess is the lower control arm. I have a set along with a front sway bar attached to it I should swap in.

Oh, jeez. I thought I had it bad when my first car (non-Honda) had bottomless black power steering fluid.

Anyone can answer my question? Why do most people say that hondas have no torque?

Luckily it's a manual steering rack. When something goes wrong on it it's super obvious. It was pretty fucked when I first got it. The joint in the footwell was super worn out to where there was like a full quarter turn's worth of play in it. Easy fix but I drove it like that for a while.

It steers like a brand new fifth gen CX now.

because FF is for fags

that's pretty cool

Went to a scrap yard and picked up a couple things I needed for the teg. Splash guard, cargo cover and a brake caliper bracket. Just need to find with the climate control intact so I don't have to use a flat head to adjust the heat.

I wish I could find more of my car in yards. I got a text from my local Pull a Part saying they got a fifth gen Civic in.

>it's another sedan

Eh it's not like I need much from them anymore anyway. I'd love to find the rear deck carpet.

All I really want now is a rear bumper and climate control, mine was cut to fit an axle back for a different car, so the end of the muffler is where the tip should be. Looks very ricey. I may get my buddy to cut that back for me also depending on how much he charges when I get the crack welded.

>that comfy feel when slow and quiet

I'd put splash guards on mine but it's already rusted where the guards would protect. I might get them to slow the rust down maybe.

>actually getting rid of the based EG front end with superior glass headlights

Sacrilege.

The ol Cb9 has been chilling for the past month. Too lazy and broke to order the auto-to-manual trans bracket.

The third gen civic been kicking ass. Took it to a road trip by a river and got it stuck in a sand bank. Also converted the lights from 9004 to H4. Will replace the headlights too and change the CV's too.

Also, 2.25 in or 2.50 in exhuast pipe??

Spotted this rad '86 City R at a Car's & Coffee in Great Falls, Virginia earlier this morning.

I was always a sucker for the EGKs

Absolute mad man

A cute

>it's less than 3 inches

New tires feelin gud. They said my passenger wheel bearing is starting to go out and that my brake line is rubbing on the axle. I do hear some intermittent humming so that must be it.

Make sure you're prepared to use the hand break when your brake line shits the bed

>brake*

Fixed it. Zip tied the line to my shock. I do see brackets on my old shit suspension so I'll put those on later on.

I just drove a 89 civic with the d15b2 in it. holy shit I forgot how slow they are. definitely needs the "b" treatment.

The stock engine in my hatch only had 70hp. No idea how that would even feel.

Give me the run down on a 2003 Acura CL 3.2 S Type

Installed a catback for my Integra last night, the drone is making me sick, also have headers but haven't installed yet, its so loud already i almost want to go back to the awful stock exhaust.

Also about to install illuminas/gcs & some 0 offset meshie like wheels

I always wanted to drive one to piss off people who drive too fast.

You want the manual one. Changing spark plugs is somewhat a bitch

Put a silencer but paint it black so it doesn't look too bad. Or do some research and get a proper one that doesn't done.

Thats the thing, its not a normal fart can, i dont even want to fuck around with drilling holes and trying to find the right size honestly

Yeah it's a manual with 135k miles. But that's it?

Post your sister

Hot

Got my tailgate. Just has a few small rust spots. Needed it so I could close my rear glass and it does is perfectly. Also has no dents which is great.

Ooo yea that's looking good

Yeah not bad at all for thirty bucks. Paint doesn't match obviously but I might consider turning it black along with the roof and hood, which also has shit paint. Would work well with my black headlights.

>thanks google for the image

Good shit mayne

When did Honda get serious about rust protection? Wasn't it 96 or 97? I'm looking at a 99 tomorrow.

Rust depends on ownership and environment. Just check underneath and check the fenders and quarter panels

I know, but didn't Honda change something in their paint or metal treatment in the 90s in the interest of rust prevention? I know they did it for Integras, and I thought it was a mid-cycle change during the 94-01 generation. I want to say 1996 but I'm not sure.

Nah I don't know anything about the specifics but all I know is the newer it is the better paint treatment they did.

Here's a day shot of the tailgate. Rust isn't too bad.

Good work
What's next?

AC and a wheel bearing. I'm fucking melting in my car right now.

I want your bumper and taillights, I'm using 94-97 lights after one of mine smashed.

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5635855909.html
bad ideas abound

>tfw last time I washed my car was May 19

I haven't washed in forever. I have no excuse though since I have an unlimited wash plan. Though I took off the license plate bulb covers to clean the red paint off them so I shouldn't wash until I put those back on.

Why do you guys worship FWD? I dont get it

>Ricer General

daily reminder if you own anything other than an nsx you shouldnt have a honda

Mine is just laziness

front wheel drive is the superior drivetrain

12 year old detected

please rep song

Hondas are litearlly only owned by kids and teenagers that saw fast and furious and want to be cool

only really first or second cars

>Hondas are litearlly only owned by kids and teenagers that saw fast and furious and want to be cool

Wow you are LITERALLY right dude LITERALLY everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=HB6DoW77OaA
youtube.com/watch?v=W2_9kPguTNs
youtube.com/watch?v=kyCugGQCfNU
youtube.com/watch?v=cCpLC_42w8I

These cars are good platforms for reliability, racing, daily driving, fun, whatever the fuck you want to do with them.

Please don't feed the trolls. It clogs up the thread.

>tfw I just looked at the stats between all of the 90s civic hatches (ef,eg,ek) and realized the differences are very minute)

Because they are compared to Toyota and american cars. Jap standards have low torque and weight unlike us. Honda and mazdas get decent torque.

Are the new fits good? I dont like the looks but its the only one I can get new that is good on its segment

Yes but they ride a little bit more harsher than the civic and seats in the back aren't as roomy as the civic. I'd recommend it in manual

Famalams, I need some assistance:

My 2008 Civic LX Coupe isn't giving me any AC when I hit Max AC. Should I just boost it with a charge can or should I examine to see if something else is at play here? I am unsure.

Belt slipping?

Doesn't sound like it to the best of my knowledge. I'll take a listen to it tomorrow morning before I head out to work. Anything else I should check out?

You have 5 sentences to prove that Hondas are good to someone who has had the Honda image completely ruined to them.

Fuck off corey

I'm not Corey I'm a newfag that has only ever seen lowered Hondas with fartcans go 2 miles an hour.

>tfw no brand new ef , eg, or ek hatch

Fucking newfags replying to obvious bait

Just picked up this dank 86 si for $900

You should look for a leak. Only time the AC stops working is when refrigerant escapes the lines.

Got it, I'll keep my eyes peeled for leakage after charging it.

Join the collage

They usually put a dye to help find the leak

My brother has one

Its comfy and has good acceleration, but at 3500 lbs its pretty heavy for FWD. Its good if your looking for luxury coupe, not the best sports car

How do I do that? The 89 civic at the very bottom of the the collage is mine but I sold that almost 2 years ago.

From Edmonton? I saw one posted online recently for that price.

This. It's more of a grand touring kind of car

Yep. Same one probably.

Is it the one with the letters over it?
To join the new collage, see pic related

Yeah it's the ine that says c4

Like it small and tight.

Car overheated today because my coolant vanished. I think it might be one of the hoses attached to my IACV but Idunno. Thankfully I didn't find it mixed with my oil.

Are you sure it's not the rad?

I watched it and didn't see anything odd. Filled it with water and finished work with no issues. Luckily it happened right by my buddy's place so I had access to a water hose.

kek, time for a blog. just happened:

>turn left across intersection
>stomp it while in 3rd gear at 3k rpm
>3 inch exhaust
>cop pulls up to stop light right as I'm coming out of the intersection
>rattle his windows cause he's 3 feet away from my fart can
>copper makes a u turn
>still living the no-front-license-plate-life even after I got a ticket for it
>copper lights me up
>"your exhaust is kind of loud at night"
>spill spaghetti and say "I-I agree"
>coolvibrationsinternally.jpeg
>goes back to his car
>comes back
>"ok, you're free to go"
>mfw he didn't get me for the license plate
>or the illegal tint
>or the illegal exhaust

Wew lad good thing I've never gotten any tickets but a parking and plate covers (tuckered when car was park)

can a del sol be fixed
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5651863757.html

What do you mean harsher? Actually theres a sedan fit here named honda city, maybe its got roomier back seats than fit

It's more of a stiffer ride compared to the civic. We don't get the sedan fits here so I don't have any experience with those.

Took a small cruise and took this picture right now