I don't know anything about cars. Teach me something you've learned about cars

I don't know anything about cars. Teach me something you've learned about cars.

Maintenance, buying, what to avoid, tips, tricks, anything you can think of, really. What kind of thing would you teach me?

Like what if I was an alien and you're the ambassador to the human race and you're also my driving instructor so I can learn about humans and I'm making small talk with you through a translation device. Literally I'm like an infant when it comes to driving or cars cause I've had 0 experience with cars and not even spaceships so I'm foreign to the idea of non-interdimensional travel where you exploit the gap between 3d and 4d so you're really teleporting.

What would you teach me?

Also I look like a dog.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15054456
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14228818/#q14228818
img.4plebs.org/boards/o/thumb/1452/66/1452668493040s.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sick scenario ok I would first teach you that traditionally Toyotas are the most reliable whereas more expensive cars can be more unreliable like the BMW can break down easily so make sure you know how to switch out tires safely.

Haha nice ok umm

Breaking and accelerating slowly can actually save you tons of gas. Drive like you have a bowl of gelatin on your dash the idea being you want to accelerate and break really slowly. It'll also give you a comfortable ride. Don't push the accelerator pedal down all the way do it slowly and gently.

Lmao ok

Ummmmm probably I would teach you that you don't need to learn how to drive a manual because the majority of cars are automatic these days.

Some purists swear by manual, but it's mostly a niche hobby.

Also the scenario takes place in USA and not Europe so keep that in mind guys looking forward to hearing your take on this.

Thanks for the replies guys loving it please keep contributing looking forward to more

Please remember the scenario and thread is for USA not Europe the car scene is different.

Usa: better road system, straighter highways, cheaper gas

Europe: dated road system (with exceptions like Autobhan in Germany), curvy roads, expensive gas

Different car culture. USA is more about rider comfort Europe is more about feul efficiency. Europe cars also measure in km where as USA is mpg.

USA is raw power Europe is like carving a fine slice of butter.

Np glad to contribute

Would love to hear from my other Veeky Forums regulars. Any thoughts?

Would love to hear your take on this

Here's a good one always drive like the other driver is incompetent and wants to run you over.

Learned this gem during MSF training. ADD. Remember ADD.

Always Drive Defensively.

Nice thread!

Ok here's my contribute to an epic thread

Never buy a new car. Always buy used. That way you can get the best value.

Also lmao @ dog alien that part made me lol irl. Have a great day OP c:

Veeky Forums come on let's hear more what do you guys have?

Thanks! Really loving the responses guys keep it up!

Would love to hear more. Come on Veeky Forums I know you've got more contributes c:

Nice thread topic idea.

Mine is get gas in the morning and you can fit more into the tank because the gas hasn't expended yet.

Anyone else do this also? Anyone? Anyone?

Is anyone reading this thread? Would love to hear from you

>I don't know anything about cars.

If you buy a new car, beware of getting into accidents. My chevrolet dealer will invalidate your new car warranty if you get an accident because they automatically blame the accident for damaging your parts and engine and powertrain and suspension and alignment and body or chassis warping. Thus, many parts of your 3 year bumper to bumper warranty are lost and the 5 year powertrain may also be lost.

The dishonest dealers do this because they get less money when performing warranty work than if they do the same repair out of warranty. So the dealers have financial incentive to force you to be out of warranty on your new car.

This isn't real

nothing in this thread is real

Oh wow! That's a great tip! Thank you friend c:

Nice thread! Cool to see Veeky Forums senpai come together for the luls

Here's my contribute.

If you use cruise control you can actually save a bit on the gas money.

Bump for the justice! Lol

road law is an absolute authority

>I don't know anything about cars.
You've come to the right place then :^)

Is... is OP just answering himself a bunch of times

Nice contribute! which kind of road laws in particular? Would love to hear more feedback from you

Also no I am not answering myself that makes no sense at all lol.

Unless you are me but you are not so that settles it right there.

I am OP why would I answer myself that makes no sense lol

Would love to hear from you tho. What kind of tips do you have foe a novice? Thanks- looking forward to your contribute. You can do it real style or for the lulz style either or tbhfam lol

Let's see I have some tips OP when you can't pass safely don't do it the risk is not worth the potential opportunity cost.

Pass safe or don't pass at all. GL with your thread seems to be successful so far though a lot of replies and interest. Peace

Nice one! And thanks yea my thread is getting a lot of good contributes and of course like with any successful thread fair share of LE trolls but whatever

Definitely would love more tips anyone know how to change tires?

If you can pull into a parking lot and def consult your car manual. If you're on a hill drive until you're flat or your car might fall off the car jack device.

If you're not sure just call AAA or call your insurance and explain the situation and they can hook you up with someone who will change the tires for you.

Please remember that a spare tire will not last as long as a regular so drive to the nearest tire shop for a replacement or a patch.

Another tip is if the hole is on the side of the tire you will not be able to patch it so be warned.

Thanks for the contribute!

This thread is getting pretty popular. Nice!

Would love to hear more from you guys Veeky Forumssenpai

Aite I'll play lol ummmmm

Even though you can go five over don't do it when there are cops around. You can still get tickets and you can't fight it in court.

That's my tip don't speed in front of cops peeeace out senpai.

Super eurobeat will put your foot through the floor stomping on the gas pedal and listening to it while driving is dangerous to you and anyone in a 5 miles radius.

>buying
interior cosmetics, and exterior cosmetics don't matter with a beater. but beware of frame compromising rust

if you're buying a beater in manual it's okay to not have a parking break

families are better to buy from than ricer kids

When buying a car, always check and test the regular spots for damages and/or things you can use to bring the price down.

I.E bottom of radiator (looking for wetness or white buildup), brakes, rust anywhere on the body, light houses, windshield, any and all eletrical consumers, etc etc.

These things will help you bring the price down.

Also a neat trick is that most cars, I know it's around 5 degrees celcius specifically for VAG, the airconditioning system won't start below that temperature. This means you can check the car on a cold day, claim the compressor for the climate system is broken, and get a huge discount. When in reality it is an intended function. This means you can potentially swindle sellers, if you so wish.

LOL!! Nice contribute hope you are having a good evening senpai. Made me laugh nice Thanks.

I don't know, but whatever's going on it's terrifying

This is a great contribute thank you I will note this

>I'm retarded the post.

manuals are easy to drive and very fun, don't let anybody tell you otherwise

autos are not that bad though and are pretty comfy if you live in an area with heavy traffic.

If you want to learn to drive fast, focus on driving smoothly.

Always try to brake before a corner, not during.

Don't try to pass on blind turns

Don't drive a back road fast unless you know it well

Yeah, it's painfully obvious that he's samefagging this thread. In a weird way too.
>sage
Go fuck yourself faggot.

Go back to /b/ moron

Tips only in this thread

I think that's what driver's ed is for. TAKE A DRIVER'S ED CLASS.

But if you want a tip - the heater on a car is tied into the coolant system of the engine. The heater core under the dash is actually a smaller radiator, except it blows into the cabin. That's why you never get heat from the heater right away - the engine has to warm up the coolant before it can heat up the heater core.

If your car ever starts running hot (like you're in the middle of the desert in AZ), and you're in the middle of nowhere and you need to keep the engine running until you can get back to civilization - turn the heat all the way up and turn on the fan to high and open all the windows. Yeah you'll be uncomfortable, but it will keep your engine cool.

I was able to keep the engine in my car from cooking by doing that. Yeah I probably should've pulled over and let it cool down, but I had to be somewhere by a certain time. Had to. And I was motivated to keep that car on the road any way I could.

Another old trick, if you have a manual transmission and the battery is dead, you can often do what's called a push start to get your car started.

It's hard on the alternator, it's hard on the electronics, but if you're in the middle of nowhere and you have a buddy that can help push, it's worth a try.

Don't buy American. It's retarded. Japanese is the best.

Someone's a little salty

You salty?

Want any salt?

Have some salt

But I can't stop watching...

>USA: straighter highways
>Europe:curvy roads
What a meme.

>Never buy a new car. Always buy used. That way you can get the best value.
I disagree. Buy a brand new car that you can maintain. You know all the problems the last owner had because there wasn't a last owner.

Cars depreciate horribly. Also insurance is expensive when you're young. Unless you're daddy's money, don't drive a fast expensive car.

It depends on the car. Boring commuter cars, people don't feel too much of an urge to shit all over them, they just want them to run and get them to work.

However, every time someone pops the hood to fix things, stuff has a tendency to not get put back on the engine like it should. Or you get things not hooked back up the way it should. Parts and bolts go missing. Wut's this fanshroud fer? I'll just thow that away. I hate that.

But any sort of "fun" car, you can count on it being messed with and the douchebag who shat all over it thinks that his mechanical diarrhea actually makes the car worth more than market value.

If you own a "fun" car, actually keeping it factory original makes it worth more, because there's a horde of kiddies out there that can't wait to use it as their personal toilet, and factory original "fun" cars are so rare.

>I don't know anything about cars

Go to the archive site and use the search for various thread topics. There can be some good threads, but a lot of threads were started by trolls too.

Synthetic versus Regular motor oil:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/

Cleaning and Detailing Your Car:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15054456

How not to raise your car driving child:

This is a great post nice contribute

Thanks for adding to good thread cheers!

Hey! Hope I'm not too late to the party lol!

Ok, my tip is get a fog repellent spray and use it on your car. That way when you leave in the morning you won't have to clean up.

Have a good day everyone! This thread is really friendly I love it it's like a family basically. C:

Hey guys love the vibe in this thread

Don't have any tips but wanted to congratulate OP on a nice thread seems to be one of the more popular ones. Thanks!

OP here thanks! Really surprised by the nice response I've been getting this is definitely ummmmm one of THE busiest threads here very cool to see that

gb2 >>>reddit

>How not to raise your car driving child:

img.4plebs.org/boards/o/thumb/1452/66/1452668493040s.jpg

That's surely a cautionary tale for our times when kids grow up with personal values they get from their friends who all watch "Keeping Up With The Kardashians". It's gone way beyond keeping up with the joneses.

>img.4plebs.org/boards/o/thumb/1452/66/1452668493040s.jpg
>s

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LINK A THUMNAIL

Hey ther OP just wanted to give you a friendly bump a good thread does not deserve to die so soon GL

LOL

Don't trust Craigslist sellers ever. Just bought a truck with "186kmi" from the "second owner".... title search says 11 owner with 286kmi. The oil was "just changed"...it was last changed in Jan of 2015. "Nothing wrong with it would drive to bla bla"....runs hot, has 5 emmisions codes, signals don't flash, one reverse light doesn't work

Got most of it fixed in a few hours....don't understand how it has that many miles from the body it's hard to believe it would over 150k

Why would you buy a car with so many miles on it? Wtf

Well thought it had 186 like the odometer says... was still higher than I wanted but it was a good price. the truck has no rust other than the front bumper and just over all dosnt have many problems that are common with these trucks

If you dont put the bowl of gelatin in the car and leave it in the fridge it will never spill and you'll save gas

Buy a red vehicle they're safer

I recently bought a beater truck with 234k on it... except I did my title search and checked the codes BEFORE I bought the vehicle.

always do a VIN check and bring an ODBII scanner with you when seriously considering purchasing a vehicle.

Well didn't have a scanner at the time bought one yesterday...only code I've got left is the post cat o2 sensor wich isn't a problem since we don't have emissions