/fog/ - Fallout General

Death to Commies Edition

Nuka-World
youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka-World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/cfog/ Thread
>/aco/ Thread
(NSFW)

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/games/hub/exadv1/spacestation13
pastebin.com/jpha2d35
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17799/
youtube.com/watch?v=PSbj2Mx2By8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waifus #1

Are there any stupid expensive items in Nuka World like the Recon Armor?

first for Enclave

Alright /fog/, you have 10 seconds to explain why you're not playing the game right now.

WHERE CAN WORKSHOP IN NUKA WORLD????

Why the fuck isn't this nuka world edition?

>NEW THREAD NEEDED DO NOT POST HERE

Shut the fuck up

Red Rocket, but only after power is turned on

i can't decide between that, crusader cucks 2 and star wars

I would be ok with that

Red Rocket, it's in the NE of the map I think

Contraptions girl is pure
Contraptions girl is my waifu

considering how the minutemen follow whatever you do wouldnt that be the best option?

cause no nuka world for ps4 yet

the mr. handy nuka torso doesnt show up in my roboworkbench, anyone else have this? is it a beta dlc bug and will fix when i dl the full version, is it a bug that isnt fixed? or is it just me and its a mod conflict?

Which enemies should I fight in the Nightmare Nuclear Winter?

Institute? Enclave? Yao Guais?

>meanwhile arcanum
rip obsidian

Why is there no quest where you play as Dogmeat, who has to navigate a scary dark facility and unlock a door or fetch something to let the main character out?

I'd rather play as dogmeat and mount Nora

John Carpenter music replacer when

>considering how the minutemen follow whatever you do wouldnt that be the best option?
They get pissy at you if you verge away from neutral or good actions, and they only stick with you forever because they're the backup faction akin to Yes Man.

Really they fall somewhere around LN and LG, leaning more towards LN though.

Fuck off to Call of Duty with that garbage

because muh roleplaying

ghoul apocalypses are fun

but I am playing it

NO we need minecraft sections instead
corporate said they're good for profit

because i bent one of the pins in my motherboard when doing my first install of my new pc and now i dont wanna :C

actually i know todd and he likes minecraft

What do the Cappys do?

I thought that was boring and I'd never do it again, but it wasn't as rage inducing as people made it to be imo.

is Nuka World out yet?

Three hours

this is true, i am todd howard and i like: minecraft, male penis, and of course the upcoming blockbuster TES 6: Magical Block Adventure

in this amazing thriller you must build blocks in order to defeat the elf menace nonviolently. it will also have full featured gayness, such as cinematic reacharounds and special blocks which enable you to build the perfect gloryhole

make sure to preorder the season pass

Same reason i haven't touched it since release last year, it's shit and i hope that's going to change when all the DLC is out, patching is done and at least some of the most glaring issues that can be fixed(animations, balance, etc.) have been tackled by modders. Not expecting the game to go from liquid shit to gods gift to mankind but at least become an enjoyable turd.

Which mod gives the survival needs numbers?

>but at least become an enjoyable turd.

Bethesda, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When you take over a settlement for your raider faction, do you just show up and make them slaves? Destroy defenses and fight the settlers until they yield? Both?

Talk about reusing assets...
I hope the guy who made the machine makes more Nuka stuff

You can either kill everyone or threaten/bribe them to make them leave.

W H E N

do my established trade routes cancel?

>Alright /fog/, you have 10 seconds to explain why you're not playing the game right now.
Europe: 02:00 CEST
Current time: 01:14 CEST

Yep. They don't want to deal with Raiders, and Raiders won't refuse to work. There's literally no reason to do it.

That vending machine design makes absolutely no sense.

kek

How about robots that are in the settlement?
Also supply lines?

Can you send settlers to raider settlements/raiders to normal settlements? Can you recruit raiders?

Yea I fucking hate it. I've always reslly liked nuka cola and I used to keep a vending machine full of them in New Vegas. Someone needs to mod in one of the older models or something.

>wastelanders show up at the vault door in force and start demanding to be let in
>start welding through the peripheral walls
>the vault opens
>little did the wastelanders know that someone had earlier brought two crates full of guns and explosives for the vault dwellers

NO SURVIVORS

Yeah it does though.

What's this?

Vault Station, a modification for Space Station 13

byond.com/games/hub/exadv1/spacestation13 ctrl-f 'Vault'

By request of a couple anons from last thread, here's the audio pack I made (for my own personal use) that replaces the Boston Pirate Radio mod audio with nothing but John Carpenter film scores.

Just install it like you would any mod. Contains the .esp and everything (probably not cool with the mod author but whatever).

pastebin.com/jpha2d35

FO13 servers are awful senpai, lifeweb is are far better experience for a fallout esque ss13 game.

>Someone needs to mod in one of the older models or something.
if you want it so bad go and do it

When the game became this weird hybrid of sandbox exploration with shooter gameplay and RPG elements it basically branched off into 3 genres while doing a piss-poor job at all of them.

A shooter needs well animated guns that deliver a punch. Check out the super shotgun from the Doom 4 to get a sense for what i'm talking about.

A sandbox exploration game needs many interesting locations that encourage and reward exploring every inch. Be it an interesting story, a powerful item or a new and unique mechanic that becomes useful in the rest of the game. That makes exploration worthwhile.

A good RPG doesn't need many mechanics but enough depth that any single one of its mechanics can change the game fundamentally. Choices that can significantly change the game.

Fallout since it went 3D failed at all of them. NV and 3 tried to focus on the strong parts, and the roots of the series, but in the end sacrificed depth for scale.

They made an everything game that was designed to give everyone something to like instead of making a niche product that excels at its core mechanics.

I can already see the mods

>reusing game assets

that's kind of how game design works

the entire gameworld is just reuse of a bunch of decals and textures that are stripped and pieced together to create "new" things

>instead of making a niche product that excels at its core mechanics.

And moves no units and makes poor profits.

>My guides got added to the OP

Oh my.

I know, just didn't expect them to use the same file.

>a fully modded .50 sniper rifle has only 15% more damage than a 5.56 assault rifle

Well you posted them every thread, kind of hard to ignore.

FPS games just tend to make for poor RPGs. Good shooting mechanics require that a game stays more faithful to the action side of things than everything else. FO3 and NV demonstrated that by the high popularity of mods which downplayed the RPG mechanics (such as gun damage scaling) in order to make combat faster and involve less damage scaling.

holy shit
time to start a malee run

>124 damage every second of sos

>implying this means shit

A laser sniper rifle does the same damage every 0.5 seconds at any rarnge

This was bad in ME3 and it's still bad in FO4.

>find a plasma minigun
>hands shake
>pull out the campsite tent
>pray to god your game doesn't crash
>loading
>loading
>stutter
>FUCK
>stutters pass
>it's saved

Alright fuckers, is this the highest DPS ranged weapon or does bleeding one pull ahead?

furious ak has the most DPS of any weapon in the game right now

Is there a good way to farm legendary effects? I'm really stubborn about using laser rifles and I want to know how to do the most DPS with one.

there are refunds now, the game really is that fucking terrible

I don't think I've seen a single weapon with that modifier drop in over 200hrs

Thanks fampai

it's in Nuka-World, guaranteed drop from the Pack leader w/ the right speech path

A game can be a good RPG and have good shooting mechanics. Stats don't have to affect the effectiveness of the gun. That's what VATS is for. It's the auto-pilot where you can let your stats and perks do all the work. But the stats(special and perks) should fundamentally change everything else. Fight is too tough? Talk your way out of it. Lockpicking too low? Break down that sorry excuse for a door. That enemy leader would make a powerful ally? Convince him to join your side. Your allies are fucking retards? Punish them.

Those are examples of choices in RPGs that depend on your chosen skills.

I don't have a problem with more restrictive settings(Witcher, Mass Effect) but they play more like a choose-your-own-adventure book. Do you want to go on this linear path or that linear path? Once you're locked in there is no going back. But Fallout still tries to be an open world RPG while applying the same restrictions of the aforementioned games to a genre that should be much more freeform and borderless.

That's what i mean when i say it doesn't commit to one genre but instead tries to offer a little bit of something to everyone.

>gun damage scaling is an RPG mechanic

what the actual fuck am I reading

Pickman Hotel theme from In The Mouth of Madness included!

only spawns on melee weapons normally but someone at bethesda went full retard

i thought this was an interesting change of pace in the DLC if a bit underdeveloped

where the fuck is the acid gun and the ball on the rope attached to the paddle weapon? i finished nuka world 2 days ago and found out that these things exists

The best part is that it's technically a combat knife, meaning it benefits from the #2 SCAV! magazine perk.

C U T C O N T E N T

Well that just takes the fun out of the entire thing.

LMAO WHAT?!

they're prizes at the Nuka-Cade. I tried out the acid gun but it does next to no damage, and for requiring 20 acid for 1 damn unit of ammo, it's pathetic.

You can get the acid sprayer from the nuka arcade ticket redemption terminal. Probably the same for the paddle ball.

It's fucking garbage and I uninstalled it weeks ago.

?

because 6 more minutes until Nuka world

THANKS LADS

why do you keep avatarfagging with this fatty from overwatch

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

1 MINUTE LADSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mei isn't fat though. She's as thin as all the other girls barring Zarya.

NUKA WORLD TIME

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17799/

fat fetishists and thicc memers took over fampai dont bother

youtube.com/watch?v=PSbj2Mx2By8

I hope it costs a million caps a shot

>Nuka World downloading

I STAYED UP FOR NUKA COLA EVEN THOUGH I HAVE WORK TOMORROW AND ITS GONNA TAKE 30 MINS TO INSTALL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

F U N

U

N

OH YEAH, HERE WE GO!