/domg/ Dominions 4 General

Ulmite Paste Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GinnungagapREBIRTH
llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=Olathe
youtube.com/watch?v=RUamYxDhog0
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AntiquisTerra
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1IGVeRBBP-8NjlpNXV0N3pXWWM
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Olathe
xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/~mikael/RedDusk.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for qt agarthan schoolgirls

Previous Panto Community Clash Teams (/v/anheim and /domg/)

Kate's speedbumps,

Cirno and two other noobs

/domg/ team

Sum1, Sy and coolstory.

Someone else can post the straw poll.

Third for giant cocks

I vote that the vanheim team get named for okofire.

Okofire's Harmoney and Contentment

anyone have the Archaea map someone made of cave systems and ports?

Okofire's Barbership Triplet

If i equip a cursed item to a guy and the guy dies while in my province with a lab, do i lose the artifact or is it put back into my lab?

Dominions 4

What's the best thing ME has?

so should i give it a shot or no REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do it. Wish for girls and doom horrors

Dont yell at me... b-but is it comparable to Heroes of Might and Magic 3 in any way?

Threadly reminder to join
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GinnungagapREBIRTH
for absolutely no turn 1 crashes.

Turns are gonna be real slow for a while, I'm very sorry fellows. Having some weird issues with my PC and will be borrowing someone else's for a while every day and installing Dominions on there. I just won't really have any control of when. They will still be done, though.

I hope.

Well, besides both being good and superficial similarities like both featuring many mythological creatures and both being divided to separate strategic and tactical components, not really. Many of the more fundamental mechanics are very much different, like Dominions having simultaneous turns and no direct control over battles (instead being able to deploy your troops and mages and give them scripted orders) and generally coming from Veeky Forums wargame lineage rather than fairly typical 4X.

It's more like Warhammer Tabletop/Risk on steroids and pcp

You guys wanted Team Okofire. We are team Kate's Speedbumps.

Who are you and do you have three?

Not really.
Conquest of Elysium is the developers attempt at a HoMM style game, but it's kind of shitty/much worse than dominions

Reminder new MA game
llamaserver.net/pretAdmin.cgi?game=Olathe

>sum1mod .66c
>16 players
>50 MF

youtube.com/watch?v=RUamYxDhog0

Team /v/anheim captain, Kami. I never asked for this. And we have three with one sub, but could always use an extra sub. If you want to, uh, 'apply' then I guess just hop into the steam group chat.

Oh. Who's the rest of the scrub club?

I'm not quite sure, but magic item loss in general is super fucked and in need of a buff.
It's a major reason why 75% of the items aren't worth forging, because you're going to lose that fancy sword when the guy catches a crossbow bolt, and none of the twenty other commanders with him think to get it back.

We have Me, Cirno and Emperor Point, with Eldritch Gentleman as a sub. We are well aware we're not going to win unless something very strange happens so we're almost certainly playing a meme team.

Remember, lads, it's not about winning.
It's about bringing the rest of the world down with you.
I wanna see spammed wishes for armageddon, burden of time and utterdark up at the same time, and of course, Admiral Torgin's Wild Ride.

>eldritch Gentleman
just give up now desu

GG Kalisa, could see it coming.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AntiquisTerra

Start soon, fellow pretenders?

>18 players

how many stales by turn 5?

i'm thinking at least 4

>sum1mod 0.67

Jesus christ.

0.67 is a work in progress. Go to the "releases" tab for the most recent functional version.

Latus hasn't had any stales so far, as far as I know?

should reply to

Can we have at least 28 to 29. 18 is so low

I'm going to chose sauro and jews just to bully you nerds.

Unless we just abandon MEME TEAM plan, Sauro is probably not getting played. Although I imagine Cirno will try to kill me for saying this.

Is it worth taking Misfortune if you have Order 3?
How many levels of Misfortune are safe? I assume 3 would be too much bad luck even with high order. And if it is, would fortune tellers in every province be a decent offset or is that just not sustainable?

REMINDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STRAWPOLL

MEME UP THE TEAM NAME COME ON

>not having a meme team
I don't even know you anymore.

Don't tell me you're all going underwater.
Please tell me you're all going underwater, you crazy bastards

oh i asked last thread, does anyone have that Archaea image showing the routes

I don't feel comfortable voting for a name without knowing the nations.
I need thematically appropriate names.

God names will be another vote, famalam.

THE TEAM NAME SHOULD STILL REFLECT THE COMBINATION OF NATIONS INVOLVED

Pretty much all our plans so far boil down to 'play absolute cancer'. Like triple popkill, triple UW, etc.

No. The team name should reflect the spirit of /domg/.

The team name should reflect my ass

It already reflects your nonexistent dick.

What communities are involved in the community game now?

Bay12 Games
Codex Dominions Community
dom3mods- "Legend of the Long Knives"
RPG.net
T.R.O.W - chinese guys
Necropolis
/v/anhiem- "Team Speedbump"
The Last Fantasy - chinese too, I think?
Spacebattles
/domg/
Russian Team

>russian team
just let malakal lead it, it's his polish destiny

Wait, why is /v/anheim and /domg/ seperate communities? I thought we were pretty much one and the same.

Who knows about the Bay12, Codex, and RPG.net teams?

Vava_Green is leading it, I think, and he's around domg sometimes

I don't want /domg/ represented by a band of shitters and CIRNO of all people. At least our shitters are better.

every thread

are you just 1 person copy and pasting this?

The /v/anheim team is our dream cream meme team. Your choice of "We trained them wrong as a joke" or "the underdogs who must work together and learn to believe in each other and themselves." The /domg/ team is actually decent players.

>Veeky Forums plays
>china plays
>russia plays
>something awful won't play with the smelly pubbies

On a related note, why are there so many chinese dominions players? Are there chinese neets that find niche af games just like us?

Godspeed, you madmen.
Godspeed.

I'd polish malakal's destiny, if you know what I mean.

That's just the way it is.
All the good players remain anonymous so we'll really never have a good team unless we pick some nameless fags and hope they're good.

SA refuses to play with Ermor or Sceleria because they're pussies
Bay12 was alright when I played with them, but that was way back during Dom3.

It's more 'we are taking this simultaneously very seriously and not seriously at all'. We're talking about it and planning and shit but all our plans so far just seem to revolve around being shitters and making life miserable.

I just played with Cirno. You don't want him to handle anything important, trust me.

>mfw they win because everybody else ragequits

Nicknight is not anonymous, and he has like 60% win rate in sum1's spreadsheet and 4000 hours on Steam. You can't make that shit up.

I think there are plenty of us newer people who don't really know there's such a split in communities between the steamgroup and the thread. It even says go there for multiplayer in the title, took a while before I realized most games were run with PBEM from here.

nick is the autist king, it's how he's so good

That is the plan. Our only hope of victory is forcing everyone else to give up rather than deal with our annoying shit. Truly we are the very essence of /v/anheim.

He's playing for Spacebattles, I think.

Well, yes, I am shit, but still. At least I try.

I don't make the same mistake twice, but given the depth of Dominions, I have plenty of mistakes to find.

Bullshit, even I make the same mistakes multiple times.

I still get fucked up by Shark Tribe Tritons every game.
I mean, they're unarmored. How bad could it be?

Hey Ceasidhe

Where'd all your land go?

This is the main problem with the community cup. All the good players are playing for other communities.

It'll be like when Canadians lose in hockey. They were just beat by other Canadians playing for another team.

We've got meme magic and shitposting, though.
The enemy can't predict you if you don't know what you're doing in the first place.

Will he manage to diplomonster this game, or will things go differently because there are community dynamics?

Are Sum1, Sy, and Coolstory not good?

I swear, most of those hours are just idling. I tend to leave it on in the background.

On the other hand, the new Archaea mapfile is here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B1IGVeRBBP-8NjlpNXV0N3pXWWM

Sum1 is good, Sy is good, Coolstory is competent at the very least?
Maybe they'll go into the community fight and destroy everyone else or lose horribly, who knows when the only comparison is to other /domg/ players.

Well, sum1 is good, the other two are at least better than /v/anheim representatives, I think.

Chinese will probably rush everyone because they cannot into Engrish.

Honestly, I thought it was diplomonstering at first. Then I realized it was just getting an early lead, and then domg proceeding to be domg (any attempt to organize a gangbang vs a world leader just leads to backstabs and inaction).

>Chinese will probably rush everyone because they cannot into Engrish.
The Chinese study late game tactics and have a rule about not going into cap circles until X turn.

They're GETTING rushed, if anything.

name suggestion
/domg/
DuelBless Oldfags Murdering Gods

mediocre

bob's foresters are winning right now

I wish SA was in so they could get eaten by Ermor.

What's the deal with Goons? Did anybody even contact them?

I mean he's got an all around good game, solid expansion. Picks his early conquests well, and diplomonsters the other snowballers, which if even one person attacks means they're slowing down. And always has a plan for lategame.

/domg/
dominating okfire's mum's gangbang?

I'm sorry user, but it's shit.
Acronyms are overrated anyways.

How many world maps does this game have?

Huh? As many as you're willing to make.

How many pretenders have YOU killed this turn, /domg/?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Olathe

join you fags

that's not the right map link btw

xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/~mikael/RedDusk.zip

Are random events common or rare when a game says all other settings are default?
Creating a game in the client has them at rare by default, but llamaserver has them at common when you create a game from there so it's a little confusing.

This is the least confusing thing you will encounter in this game.

Also, llama has easy research by default and scoregraphs on.