Someone please talk me out of buying a v6 mustang...

Someone please talk me out of buying a v6 mustang, I just went on a test drive like 30 minutes ago and I think it's what I want.
I think I'm going to commit today or tomorrow to buying one.
I've got a connection to a dealer and am going to get it at or near cost, though I'm not sure what a 2011-2014 v6 black on black or grabber blue anything interior will be.
Please send help.

Are you a homosexual?

Get the V8, faggot

no.
Though I do live in cali.

It's a commuter I already have a v8 mustang.
It's even going to be an auto.

So youre a bromosexual

V 8 O R B U S T
O
R
B
U
S
T

y?

I won a 5.0 and i can say and are right. I get over 20mpg city with it, though it is a manual. Get the 5.0 for the little extra you spend the engine alone is worth it.

own fucking auto correct forgot pic to

Are you getting a new one or used?
Pic suggest used

Do you like crowds?

You already have a mustang but need advice on whether or not to buy another one? Nah you're lying you don't have a V8 Mustang or probably even a car.

Yea used. I don't like the way the new ones look.
v8 fuel economy vs v6 fuel economy.
4.8 gals/100 miles v8
vs
4.3 gals/100 miles v6
My commute is ~235 miles per week.
So cost for v8 is 11.28*3.10=~35 if i baby it.
Cost for v6 is 10.105*2.86=~29
Or about ~$300 a year at current prices.
And that's using the combined figure. I think the difference would be even larger than that.

Get a Fiesta ST. It's a better car.

I'm trying to get someone to talk me out of it. I own a v8 mustang and test drove a mustang today. It's pretty much the same exact thing. Except the new v6 puts out more power than my old v8, while getting better fuel economy.

Doesn't come in auto. I'm doing rush out traffic, ain't no fun with a 6 speed.

Rush hour traffic is no fun no matter what. And you'll tank yourself when you drive it outside of traffic.

Adding a 5/6 speed to stop in go traffic makes it go from bad to horrible.

a v8 few years older can be had for about the same price

I'm looking at an 08 GT deluxe right now for like $14k

A 2011+ V6 Mustang will spank it. Plus its newer and has better features and looks better.

If you're just getting a commuter with an auto, why buy a new Mustang? Get something used with four doors.

Also, if you insist on a new Mustang, get the Ecoboost for an extra $1k. Better fuel economy and more power.

wouldn't spank it, they would have similar 1/4mile times

same horsepower but the older v8 has more torque and sounds better

>buying worse mustang

I would never consider a mustang unless it had the v8. It's literally the only redeeming factor of these car desu

The ecoboost gets like 2 more MPG than the V6 and requires premium, while the V6 takes regular. Not worth it desu

Driving in traffic is easier with a manual if you know what you're doing.

No its not. Driving in traffic is the only thing auto does better.

As an overweight american I like the interior space a coupe gives. If we were talking about an m5 vs an m6 I might be willing to get a 4 door.
But this isn't that, this is a car that needs to be comfortable while I sit in traffic.
The idea of working all day and dreading the commute home because I wanted something more "practical" is full retard.
If i need a 4 door I'll buy one.

Well maybe you're just a mustang guy huh? Could be. A man who knows what he wants and that is a mustang, goddammit. Get it if you like it, don't let the assholes in this board talk you out of it.

It has maybe 5 more hp but the old v8 will still be a better performer. If you want a commuter get something better suited to commuting.

Considering that v6 engines aren't shit it's as big a deal as it once was.

Before you make your final engine choice make sure to get insurance and gas costs for each. That might be the final sway view in favor of the v6

I should have read the thread before I gave your idiot ass advice.
Get a fucking actual commuter car if that's why you're buying it for.
>more money than brains

So like a shitty car to save on a little bit of gas?
Why would I want my drive to be shitty to save a couple of bucks?
My mom was giving me that line too, get a yaris, or some sort of shitty tinny hatchback to get 15% better mileage.
The mustang v6 is rated at 31mpg highway.

My old v8 is rated at 260hp/302ft-lb The new v6 is 305/280ft-lb
It even does 0-60 faster than my old car.

V8 or die faget

Ok OP, i have a V6 mustang and after having driven a friends V6 with auto transmission, if you are going to get a v6, try to get one with a manual transmission and performance package. Even for a commuter car, its just better and it feels way faster and better, it also comes with a sport mode.

Other than that, get it, the only downsides are.
1. Its not a V8 and people will talk shit on Veeky Forums.

2. Not the best if you plan on moving 3+ persons.

3. Not the best visibility, although the best of its class.

R. No telescopic steering wheel.

>R. No telescopic steering wheel.
It does go up and down though right? I didn't attempt to adjust the wheel when i went for a test drive.
>2. Not the best if you plan on moving 3+ persons.
I'm thinking about a rear seat delete because fuck people this isn't a taxi.
>3. Not the best visibility, although the best of its class.
It seemed as good or better than mine. I have like 80% or 90% tint on my rear window on my current 2003, you can't see ANYTHING when you are backing out of a parking space at night. Nothing. So I think I'll be good.
Is your v6 2011-2014?
>a manual transmission
No it's a commuter.

ITT: Dumb Boomers

Daily reminder that V6's are better than V8's

I use it as a commuter and i still got a manual, it's that much of a difference.

Also yeah, the steering wheel goes up and down, but it doesn't go closer or further from your body, hence why its not a telescopic steering wheel.

Anyway, get it senpai, even if its an auto.

Yea I think I'm gonna put the word out. It turns out the full coverage really isn't that bad so i can finance it.

Economy cars aren't as bad as you think. They get good mileage, are cheaper to insure and are actually comfortable.
There was a time when only expensive cars had electric windows. And eventually it got to Bluetooth and navigation and rearview cameras. All of that is available on economy cars. It's a no brainer m8.
I'd trade that sucker in. No point in having a v6 auto "commuter" that's faster than your weekend fun car.

Get a Mazda 3. It's probably optioned better than your v8 and more fun too (handling wise) even car and driver said the auto was fun and the transmission was well programmed.
> I keep getting captchas with stupid fucking store fronts but there are cars and engines sprinkled in

I'm going to use the v8 as a secondary commuter to get me from where I live during the work week to where I live on the weekend.
I'm driving ~30000 miles a year.

>and are actually comfortable
I disagree where I work we have a pool of loaner/fleet vehicles for travel and all of them have been shit. doesn't matter if it's a ford(focus) Mazda or Chevy, or even a Honda electric I haven't enjoyed driving any of them.

Which is ~20 days in cars per year at 60mph average.

> Mazda
> not fun to drive

Get fucked. Go buy whatever you want because clearly you can't into logic.

I'm genuinely curious why you want another mustang. I understand a V8 is silly for a DD for work or school, but why get another Mustang? I would buy a V6 or even 4cyl for a DD and use the Mustang to go out on the weekends.
Hell, I use a Gen3 Eclipse as my DD because I'm saving up for a nicer V6 or an older Corvette just for showing off.

Because the v6 felt "the same" to me. I got in it, started it up, backed it out like normal and started driving, I braked for stop signs and it behaved how I expected.
When you go from brand to brand, I've been driving a vw passat and vw jetta quite a bit recently for reasons. The pedal doesn't feel right, the breaking feels jumpy. You have to adjust.
The v6 mustang is literally more of the same. It is about as fast as the car I currently commute ~16000 miles a year in (I have a change coming up soon so instead of the VW's I'm gonna need to drive my own car in).
The only thing i felt it was missing was the foot rest on the left side.
31mpg is "good enough" to have the car I am used to.

Also pick only semi related, I have the ford racing stick ons.

Then get it, why do you need this board to validate your purchases?

I want someone to invalidate it. I'm going through with it unless someone can prove me wrong.

I've invalidated your shit at least twice you fucking thick headed faggot. Go buy your mustang and fuck off.

Mustangs aren't bad cars - good for cheap power, space, and decently comfortable.

They're just...unfashionable, and not as agile, dynamic, and tuneable as other cars on the market. It gets a reputation for being the ultimate entry level driver's car (not in a good way) because of this.

Veeky Forums will tell you to get a used E-series, an S2K, BRZ, or a Miata, all of which are good cars (arguably better than the Mustang, especially in terms of handling), but if you like it then fuck other people, get it.

>Tuneable
>Dynamic
>BRZ and Miatas are arguably better cars.

Mustangs have one of the biggest after market markets of all cars, you can make it whatever you want, a track monster, a Drag Monster, an Auto X, a Drift car or even a rally car.

Also you can tune it however the hell you want to.

And how are miatas or BRZs better cars? Sure, they feel and handle better in curves but they are slower and have less cargo space and smaller or no back seats. Plus they are pricier.

They are not arguably better, they are better in your opinion.
However they would be arguably better if this was still 2005 - 2010

Please point to where in the thread you thought your shit opinions were so good that it invalidated my planned purchase.

This. Fuel cost isn't everything. Compare insurance rates and see where that leaves you.

Also, my cars have only been manual and at one point I was in stop and go city driving every day, for about 90 minutes each way. Like the other user said, it's better than auto if you know what you're doing.

>90 minutes each way. Like the other user said, it's better than auto if you know what you're doing.
In what way?

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 2480 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

Do you know what the word 'couple' means?

Do you know what the word newfag means?

>newfag trying to be clever

KEK

welcome to Veeky Forums, enjoy your stay faggot

So you'd buy another car to save $300/yr in gas?

Are you retarded?

>Registration
>Insurance
>Cost of car

Of course he is, these are the same normies who buy new hybrids to "save on gas."

theres no point arguing with you because you want a car with literally the exact feel and drive that your current car has. you're literally just getting the exact same thing but more current. I don't even know why you're bothering with other vehicles that are designed any differently, cause you're not willing to try anything else out

because they make v8 mustangs and they're better in every way for marginally more money.

V6 has better weight distribution.

because it's less car

Better weight distribution = less car
Roger that.

That is, by far, the least important measurement to brag about in this scenario. That is grasping at straws and nothing else.

>buying an $8,000 car to save $300 per year

It's not like your current Mustang is going to depreciate that much more with extra mileage.

If you do this please let us know so we can ridicule you for the rest of your life.

Are you fucking retarded? How else would their weight distributions be different? Do you think Ford used titanium body panels and suspension components in the V6 Mustang? Do you think Ford shifted major components forwards or backwards in the V6 Mustang?

No torque converter that requires a constant foot on the brake. Ability to coast in neutral for longer distances. Actual control over gear selection.

fucking this.

I think you should trade your old one in then.

If you really think that the v6 won't be a regret later, go for it, but I feel like a V8 is worth the extra bucks. The MPG isn't even as bad as older v8's are.

Anyone shitting on the V6 Mustang is welcome to post another car that has 300 horsepower and is rated at 31 highway MPG.

Holy fuck these poorfag excuses

You want a commuter so you're going for a v6 mustang, and you made a point about it having more power than your current mustang. So are you going for economy or for drivability? Because even you seem confused as to why you want this car. You want one of the worst handling "sports" style vehicles that you can possibly buy for economy? Or because it's familiar? Stupid idea. If you're getting a mustang there's no point in getting the automatic or the v6. You can get just about the same power with better economy if you get the i4, better power with similar economy with the 8. But you want to get the absolute most common, basic,bland ass mustang you can possibly get. If you want economy for real go get yourself a Mazda 3 or a civic. They're comfy, reliable, and get AMAZING gas mileage. Don't start with the "I've driven fleet mazdas and I don't like them" bullshit. Go test drive one before you make assumptions about them. Don't start with the automatic commuter shit either. Unless you live in the bay area, LA, or NYC you have no excuse to get an automatic, and even then it isn't bad. I've got fucked knees from jumping out of airplanes and I commute a manual with little discomfort. I think your real reason for posting here isn't to get someone to disprove you, it's to say "Hey look I'm getting a new car!"
If you REALLY wanted a mustang and had performance in mind, you'd get a manual v8. If you REALLY wanted a commuter mustang you'd get an i4. If you REALLY wanted a new commuter and not just an excuse to buy another mustang, you'd go look at cars that get good gas mileage. In no way, shape, or form is an automatic v6 mustang EVER a way to reconcile both performance and economy. Drive your inbred ass over to a Honda dealership and test a civic or new accord out. The new sport accord trumps the v6 mustang in pretty much every aspect. Price is near, transmission is better, similar power, economy is better, more comfy and utility, handles better, more reliable.

My bad, accord sport is i4. It's the v6-6mt accord that's got similar power and better economy.

It also has better handling than the V8.

Acknowledging output as it relates to fuel efficiency is no different from acknowledging any other performance metric. If you consider it to be irrelevant, do you also consider output to curb weight irrelevant? Or an engine's volumetric efficiency? Or output per price range?

The 2016 Accord V6/6-speed makes 278 hp and is rated at 28 hwy mpg. Both are worse than the V6 auto Mustang.

The i4 is more money than the v6.
The base is v6.

Also I live in the bay area.

I'm buying a new car because commuting with a 5 speed is no fun.
The $300 a year in gas is buying a newer v8 vs a newer v6.

OP is a faggot

Plot twist: OP is a woman
Only way I'll believe this isn't [successful]bait

Most modern sedans and crossovers can do that, famalam

Test drive a V6 auto Mustang. I guarantee you'll hate it.

Post one. Someone thought the Accord V6 did, but they were wrong. See

[citation needed]

Get the ecoboost one.

Or get something else. You already own a Mustang. Get a Camaro/Charger if you still want a car of similar stature.

Pretty sure the Infiniti Q50 has 328hp and gets 30 highway mpg.

lern2driv pussy ass bitch

Get the eco boost you retard

>Get the more expensivr and unreliable mustang that costs x4 what a 2011 v6 costs.
>PREMIUM GAS ONLY (93 octane) or else it runs like dog shit slow.

Newer engine with 7speed automatic, doesn't surprise me, although it gets 20 city 29 highway.

>ecoboost won the lemans
>unreliable
just end yourself

>He wants a V6 Mustang
>You are telling him to buy a Ford GT

the GT is better but there's nothing wrong with the V6 Mustang anymore. the 3.7L Cyclone gives it plenty of power.

This desu, get the manual for maximum fun

>Pricier
I agree with most of your points user, but this is what makes me think you're retarded.
I got my good condition, mechanically flawless 99 Miata for 2k. When I was looking around for a Mustang, a decent condition one with a V8 manual was upwards of 3500 dollars. Excluding the price of gas, you're already paying more, but when you factor in the cost of a gas drinking v8 vs a good gas mileage i4, you're paying even more over time.

>No back seats
This really isn't all that inconvenient unless you have a family and/or frequently carry more than a single friend in your car. Sure it gets in the way of social stuff, especially when you're in your younger years, but my 2 seater roadster feels fucking amazing. I rarely drive my 2012 Escape anymore, even though it's a new, fancier, more luxurious and spacious car.
If you do have a family and/or need to cart around your friends all the time buying a sports car probably isn't for you, because even a 4 seater Mustang will be inconvenient. I'd recommend a G35 sedan or some other sporty sedan/wagon if someone needs space but wants something fast.

>They are not arguably better, they are better in your opinion.
Agreed, but disagree at the same time.
The Mustang is better in a straight line, and the Miata is better around curves, among other things. That's not an opinion, that's a solid fact. Each person should buy a car because it suits their needs. For me, I like driving fast around turns and having a cheap, reliable car that I can beat on and enjoy, then still use it to get me to work the next day, which is why I bought a Miata.

also didn't even mention that the Mustang is the most bland sports car on the road, with the least amount of personality because literally everyone and their teenage daughter has one, but that's just my personal opinion.