/acg/ - Armored Core General

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>You can go your own waaay

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Go your own way

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>You can call it another lonely day

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16624663
youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1RY55yL2o
youtu.be/TIeU5HkwpXc
strawpoll.me/11114372/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ravens that bump will get a bonus 10000 this mission.

How are the controls like for the portable version?

Just leave it to Animal Crossing General already.

bump

last bump for today

I'll do it for free

EMERGENCY BUMP.

bump

Bump

You know what I was thinking? That it would be cool if someone did a TAS (Tool-assisted speedrun) for any of the OGs AC games. It could end up being pretty entertaining if it shows off glitched and such.

Only tas videos that I could find was for Silent Line and Last Raven on niconico

sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16624663

TASing tkes absurd amounts of time tho

clang

Yeah I know. It might not even be worth it, but it was an interesting thought to me.

I want to use this bump to remind you that Ostdarva did nothing wrong. Except using Lahire.

bump

Alright guys here we go:
strawpoll.me/11114372

You know what would have been nice in AC4A?

A multiplayer mode where 4 players attack a Arms Fort while other 4 defend it.

bampu

I starting my own game thread, wish me luck

No
Go vote in the strawpoll faggot

Gundam battle universe won't let me fight effectively in later eras with my zaku 2, this is bullshit.

Clearly the zaku should be able to take down any motherfucker it comes across.

I wonder if Armored Core would work as a 2D game.

It could but it would have to play like a Metal Slug game.

Damn, that's awesome when you put it that way. I was imagining it as a more slower paced game, but Metal Slug with AC customization would be pretty sick I think.

How do I git gud enough to kill the train in AC V
What should I be using?

Your legs. Kick it

GO VOTE SO WE CAN SING SONGS ABOUT GIANT ROBOTS AND DEEP SEA FISH

Bunp

Bump

What went wrong

Phone

bump

Survive

easy mode: legion pulse.

bump

Which he doesn't have

bump.

At least we kind of got that in VD.

I just wish it wasn't so convoluted getting Motherwill to spawn, that's some of the funnest coop in the entire game.

bump

Bump

vump

Same as any other AC game, totally customizable. The only difference is the lack of R2/L2, or a second analog stick (unless you're on Vita)

If you're playing on PC you can remap to a PS3/360 controller and play it just like PS2 game.

>ACVD

Bump

bump.

bump

bump

A better emblem has never been made.

Art

bump

STOP 404'ING, DAMNIT

Alright niggers, AC was my favorite series as I kid, I have all of the original ones.

Just recently played AC4 and 4 answer.

I thought 4 was pretty good (Dat ending), 4 answer was pretty great except for the endings.

I really enjoyed how fast you could be in 4 answer, I replayed it several times with nothing but laser blades, a modified White Glint and every single extra booster part possible.

Fucking sanic speed, it was great fun.

Paranoid about ACV and Verdict Day though. From what I've heard/seen, it seriously changes the game mechanics. What do you guys think of them?

I really just want a remake of the old AC games but with the speed of 4 Answer.

I haven't played ACV and ACVD yet either. Wondering how different they are from the rest.
I definitely don't like the idea of the focus being on multiplayer though.

The V era is actually almost equally as fast as the 4 era. It just doesn't look that way at a glance because of the movement restrictions (can't overboost unless you're on a solid surface, no vertical movement unless you wall bounce, harder to abuse boosts for quick turning, permaflight is convoluted and generally not useful except in PVP, etc). In reality though, once you set aside the scale differences, the two eras have extremely similar speeds once you master the mechanics of the V games and learn how to maneuver well, it's just a higher skill ceiling from 4.

It's kind of hard to really describe it unless you've played both. Basically, V is going to feel clunkier and slower at first, but you just have to git gud and learn the movement mechanics and the game will be relatively as fast as AC4 in most cases.

They're a good deal faster than the previous AC games, but a little slower than AC4 era.I personally enjoyed them.

How long is the single-player campaign for them? Is it too short, or is it fine?

bampu

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1RY55yL2o

I cant speak for V but VDs single player felt decently long. plus you can redo any mission at any time, which is nice for trying out different builds altogether outside of the simulator.

Also the final boss is fantastic

Each game has 10 long (long for AC anyway) main story missions, then a ton of side missions that are basically "kill all enemies in the area." There's no arena in either, but there are a ton of 1v1 and 1v2 AC battle missions that function essentially the same as an arena would.

There's some pretty decent singleplayer content between the two but overall it's nothing too special. The storylines are also really bad aside from Chief's shenanigans in V and the final battle of VD (which is only hype because of ebin references).

>Each game has 10 long main story missions

That's only V. VD usually have that each main mission is somekind of boss fight.

Being honest V long story missions could have being a lot better if given more variety to the objectives through each mission.

vump

I thought they served their purpose well as par for the series. AC often had very poor missions balancing out the good ones. So the ratio was the same.

vump.

There's a hidden part in AC3 where you need to complete the AC test in the garage without being hit by a single missile. The problem is that they are very trigger happy with them and they start shooting from the get go. Very annoying.

wait nevermind mt training exercise is actually a mission

Fuck that's confusing

Use the missile decoys and the radar jamming extension. They should last you the entire mission.

Thanks. When I get there I'll try it.

V is kinda skippable nowadays, but it's still good. It's a lot easier than VD's story too. Overall worth buying, it's so cheap nowadays.
Verdict Day has a pretty okay single player too, but it's much harder than V. Still not too bad though. It's also unique from all the other AC games cause it has an active multiplayer.
Don't worry about the movement yet. It's good, just not as brain dead as that of FA.

Post memes

Okay guys, newfag here.
The only AC game I've ever played/beaten was AC3 Nexus a gorrilion years ago but I remember loving the fuck out of it.

Was it as good as I remember it or am I falling for nostalgia here? I might wanna replay all the AC3 games if I can get my hands on them.

Is the new ACV worth getting?

Bump.

Yes you should start with Last Raven, it's the best

youtu.be/TIeU5HkwpXc

5th gen is worth it, just remember that V doesn't have online anymore. Get VD. V is nice, but VD will allow you to play with us

Bump

VOTE VOTE VOTE
>>>strawpoll.me/11114372/r

Is the slug gun back part good for arena fights in AC3? I've never used it before in the previous games.

Bump

Just try it you dum dum

>page 10
WAKE UP

CAN'T WAKE UP

Yeah you're right I really should

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's a big shotgun. It works better if you can stay close, so you'll likely get better results with OP-I than on a quad.
I liked how each of V's missions had a boss fight at the end, made things interesting.
Actually, I think there's a hidden part in the AC test area. Or at least there is in one of the pre-Nexus games.
HEAT howitzers. When the train outruns you, just turn around and go straight until you run into it.
And bring a CIWS.
I still want to know if anyone has the Got Digiorno copypasta so we can add Life in Ash to this list.

What is that going your own way all about in the op?

Looking to start playing ac again.. So acvd on ps3 is where yall at?
I just played sp while trying to s rank but im guessing i need to s rank everything to be competant in pvp?

You need A rank to get all parts. S ranks don't really measure your pvp skill much.

Yeah. I have the lyrics to all the songs in the poll, if anyone finds any more songs I'll add em

>a rank
Oh that should give me a bit easier of a time. Are there people to hire for co op anymore?
Wondering if i should mess with unacs more, it just felt a bit overwhelming compared to formula front.

Posting this again just in case.

bump

ACV is on the lower end of AC games, the singleplayer content is just extremely repetitive with 90% of the side missions being "destroy all the enemies in the area".
Now ACVD, is much more enjoyable because enemy variety is higher, AC battles are harder, the pace is faster and you get to play multiplayer which is the focus of the game.

If you want try Nexus again, I played it recently and it still holds up. What's even better, after you beat Nexus you can port your data into Last Raven, which is probably the hardest game in the series and one of the best as well.

You should not mess with UNACs too much, the basic stuff is fairly simple if you want a meatshield that can kill mooks.
There's a community that's still there, but you gotta network a bit to get people. Send me a Friend Request if you're PS3 UristMcGamer