Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums
What's your opinion on the Ford Flex?
Test drove one the other day, it rides smooth as butter and it's one of the comfiest new non-luxury vehicles I've been in.
Been searching around for a family-friendly car because my wife's pregnant and I refuse to drive a minivan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eIMsgZgeb4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cuck box. Why is a sedan not family friendly?

A sedan would be okay, but it'd be hard to fit camping equipment in. I'm pretty outdoorsy, and don't wanna have to buy some shitbox jeep or truck just to take out to the woods. Probably should put that in the op. Oh well.

Surely you don't want to take a new car innawoods?

What's the point of any car if you don't use it for what you want?
But yes. Innawoods, towing a trailer to the lake, various other outdoorsy things.

Buy a Durango

My parents have a 13 Durango R/T Hemi and its pretty nice and sounds/accelerates good
It's had a few problems though and it has less than 50k

It's probably one of the few crossovers I would willingly buy. If you have the money to get the version with the SHO Twin Turbo V6 engine, i'd say go for it.

The shape makes it a lot better in a practical sense than most egg-shaped crossovers do.

Our family got the 2009 model the year it came out, got a factory recall a year later but has since never even hinted at having any problems, that's after almost 100k miles. Very family friendly, DVD player, heated seats with rear control, satellite radio, ton of trunk space, back-up alarm, V6 with 270 HP so decent speed with empeegees. A little on the pigfat side but what're you gonna do.

Why the dick do you need a 2.5 ton car just because you have one child and muh outdoors??

Are you really that fat?

Rode in one, it's pretty hueg but it's also pretty nice
5'4" manlet and rode in the third row backseat of one for a business trip
comfy/10
Have you considered the CX-9?

Safety features probably

OP here. 5'8" 156 semi fit manlet.
But I do have a 130 pound Mastiff who's like a big, furry child.
She'll be taking the back 9 times out of 10

Looks like a poor man's range rover

>What's your opinion on the Ford Flex?

It's nice, quiet and powerful. Fuel economy isn't good, but what do you expect from a 365hp car that seats 7 comfortably.

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

>it'd be hard to fit camping equipment in

No it fucking wouldn't.
If I can fit three crates of cider, a tent, a sleeping bag, two backpacks, a crate of camping gear, and a sack truck to haul it to the campsite with in my Focus, you can fit camping gear and a baby in a saloon car.

You just want a big car so you can remind yourself you're a MAN. Despite the fact that your child won't even need legroom for a decade.

Buy a golf sportswagen. Manual transmission, cheap, and tunable.

how many kids do you have?

3 crates of cider!

Your only answer : Subaru Outback

hell, a Forester would probably meet all his needs

That is so close to my scenario it's not funny. Are you me? Or a satirical me?

The EcoBoost Flex is fun, and IMHO the only way to go.

Get a PPI regardless of which way you go.

Some tow capability as well. 5500# I think, when equipped right. Maybe 4500#. Will still tow a boat just fine.

I'd own one if I didn't already own an '09 Expedition.

Hatchback with a roof rack

I'm sure you're able to fit that shit in, but the. You're severely limited on where you can take it further than the car park, and you have to unpack everything just to get to something at the back of the trunk. Not to mention the sheer size restriction with the trunk opening with a sedan.
Hatches and wagons (even ones with a similar similar footprint to a sedan if you can't drive something bigger) make a shit load more sense.

I rented one for a week when I was in seattle, it was supremely comfy and had some good pickup. I would consider if I was in the market.

As someone else with a similar size Mastiff as OP claims, the last two generations of Outback aren't tall enough in the cargo area, and the Forester is only just big enough without packing luggage and your dog Tetris style.

>It's had a few problems though and it has less than 50k
>Chrysler

>Outback
>not tall enough for a dog

time for this memery to end

>memory
Might be for your dog, not ours.
I'll correct that and say the Forester is only big enough for the dog without much in the way of luggage.

op its shit

get a volvo xc90
if you cant afford a new one (you cant) just keep looking at old and older ones till you find one in your budget

>what are roof racks

Something that's not required with a large enough cargo space for day to day items.

Outdoor dog holsters

>not calling them woof racks
>2016

>ford flex is shit
[citation needed]

>over 600 hp on stock transmission
>still reliable
Why haven't you switched to EcoBoost® today?

youtu.be/eIMsgZgeb4M