The perfect racing game (not simulator) should have:

The perfect racing game (not simulator) should have:
>Driveclub-like visuals
>Forza-like sounds
>Gran Turismo-like gameplay

Need For Speed has better sounds imotbhfam, even the 10-15 year old games sounded great.

It's not perfect if it's merely a game, not a simulator.

NFS has terrible sound. The audio fucking clips. If there is one thing that forza has better than any other racing game its the sound. A worthy competitor would be Dirt Rally.

The ability to switch between simulator and arcadey gameplay

>Gran Turismo-like gameplay
Is there any game with similar gameplay? I love it.

you simfags and your shitty "games"

Remember the 90s when everyone was making fun games and then mid 2000s everyone got on the "muh realism" shitwagon?

had way more fun in trackmania than anything else, games that require you to tune are fun for 10 minutes then it's just load that one config every time and you easily win.

simfags are basically like EA sports of racing 'games' just rename the year and resell it again

The perfect racing game will be matrix-level VR where we can work in garage on cars and take them around tracks together. Nothing else could ever compare.

the thing about trackmania is that the thing that makes it fun is the track, not the car
with a high-quality sim, i can get fun out of pushing a car to its limits and finding that extra bit of grip or power to get through a corner faster
you already know the maximum of your car in trackmania, the real goal is to figure out how to best carry your perfect grip car through the track.

Pic related is probably the best racing game I played

I'm sure some of you know this feel

For a "SimCade" game? Sure.

For me, I'd love to see a modern take on the "No frills, Drift or Grip" Ridge Racer formula like 90's Arcade Racer was going to be before it got cancelled.

id like to see how this gif would anime-mangafied

>dagum character drifts car into the air

>dumb rival "h-h-he just drifted his car through the air... an aerial driftou."

>smart fag rival squints chink eyes "he drifted his car to such an extreme angle over a drop catching air and turning his car into an airfoil producing lift like an airplane wing..." squints chink eyes harder "i under estimated him"

Assetto Corsa has better Sound than Forza, as does project CARS

the crew or MCLA
/thread

SLRR with not shit physics, a good open world, and online freeroam would be the perfect racing game.

Idk I always thought Project Cars sounded way too synthetic.

Isn't there a spiritual successor in the works?

>>/ovg/

Here's what the perfect racing game would be:
>extremely realistic but with assists like what Forza has to make it accessible to everyone.
>open world that takes at least an hour to cross in the fastest car in the game.
>as many cars at least as Forza 4, and none of them should be less detailed like in Gran Turismo.
>extremely in-depth customization (at least as in-depth as Forza for tuning, and at least as complete aesthetically as NFS or Forza Horizon 3)
>proper multiplayer that works flawlessly, and includes an auction house
>a working in-game economy

Optional:
>an actually decent story
>real life race tracks as well, although it's allowed to have only a few (example if it covers a miniaturized France, it can have Paul Ricard and Dijon) but they should all be full scale and laser scanned

Personal:
>set in like 2005 at the latest because modern cars are too hard to represent well in a videogame
>follows a theme, like a 1980's synthwave driving thriller combination of Hotline Miami and Fast and Furious
>includes the ability to freeroam outside the car at least in certain areas

As well as a lot of little details that make a game complete. It can't be perfect if it's not perfectly excecuted,

>console 'simulators'

I think i didnt reach its goal, last time i saw it

The perfect racing game already exists