/hbg/ - Homebrew general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/jMVNxNSX

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Vitamin got leaked, allowing piracy. Note that this version of Vitamin isn't complete, some games don't work. mediafire.com/download/1wc4r6e15lxvjvq/vitamin-omega.vpk Games: pastebin.com/L83uL4iR
-HENkaku release 3 is out, enables spoofing for PSN access, update blocking, and more. henkaku.xyz
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EjyGjSNS
mega.nz/#F!y8s3XDrQ!7bsxxjXZaIothRhbTY_npg
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
virtualrouter.codeplex.com/
reddit.com/user/shinrukus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

P4G stubber (reduce size by up to 1.2GB): pastebin.com/EjyGjSNS

Compatibility list taken from leddit
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (EU)
BlazBlue Chronophantasma (US)
Danganronpa (EU)
Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention (US)
Disgaea 4 A Promise Revisited (US)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (EU)
Everybody's Golf (EU)
Fifa 15 (EU)
Freedom Wars (EU)
Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions (US)
Knytt Underground (US)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (JP)
Home (EU)
Hotline Miami (US)
J-Stars Victory VS (JP)
J stars Victory+ (EU)
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (EU)
Luftrausers (US)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (US)
OlliOlli (EU)
Operation Abyss (EU)
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (US)
Persona 4: Golden (US)
Project Root (EU)
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (US)
Real Boxing (EU)
Rogue Legacy (US)
Risk of Rain (US)
Shovel Knight (Multi)
Steamworld Dig (EU)
Steins;Gate (EU)
Street Fighter X Tekken (US)
Sly Cooper 2 (Multi)1
Tearaway (EU)
Wipeout 2048 (US)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (US) - cart only rip works
VVVVVV (US)

Amagami torrents seem to have reached 100% let me know if anything breaks.

LA MULANA EX DUMP BY ME, HAVEN'T TESTED
mega.nz/#F!y8s3XDrQ!7bsxxjXZaIothRhbTY_npg

It's been a hectic few days, senpai. I'm glad my vita's not here yet or I'd surely have gone insane.

IT'S MAHVEL BABY
MAHVEL

Can sony bam you for being a pirate if you keep wi fi on but never go into store/online multiplayer

why haven't you tested it

So has any one tried online?
Fucking yes, for fuck's sake

i'm about to go to sleep and it was a pain to upload

indeed user, MAHVEL tomorrow

Is this a question?
No. It's shitpost

Post the blazblue link boys

Does anyone have Puyo Puyo Tetris? I'm still on 3.15 but would like a copy now (before they all get pulled) so that once people find a way to run PSP games on HENkaku I'll be ready.

Don't upload things you haven't tested yet, asshole.

why wouldnt you test before wasting everyones time?

>pastebin.com/EjyGjSNS
What are the concert videos?

BROS, I NEED HELP GETTING MY DATA BACK! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!

Somebody tweet this to TheFlow:

>If you want your time and hard work to be misrepresented by the leaked version as the final/only public release, that's fine.

Not even a guilt trip, just pointing out this is the perfect way to amount your own personal progress to moot.

faggots

is any way to get the games last version?
or we can't pass from versions 1.0 for now?

guess you weren't around for the decision to TEST VPK'S BEFORE UPLOADING THEM.

I STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO HACK THE VITA

post yfw nothing is working

youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg

its not out yet.
>tfw its not the EX version
a guy named shinrukus is claming it works along with MAHVEL, J-Stars, Need For Speed and Borderlands 2. says he's going to upload tomorrow morning

>tfw not an erratic child
>tfw can wait until the vita process is ironed out
>B-but works on my machine!
Whatever beta testers.

I hope this shit is simple/prone to failure and faster in a week. Otherwise I'll wait another week.

The convert videos are data/movie/CHLIVExxx.mp4, accessible from the "TV Listings" from the main menu.

They're short individually-sized videos from live concerts in Japan. They are only accessible from the TV Listings and serve no other functional purpose.

Eur Muramasa in the pastebin works too.

more than half the crap that's been dumped and posted doesn't even fucking work, don't think it's a huge ask that someone spend a few minutes seeing if their dump is even usable before wasting time uploading it to mega then asking everyone else to be a guinea pig

vitagen is salty as FUCK

I don't know how Vita games work but if it's anything like the PS3 you probably just need the update data to be in the game data directory (not the install directory but that would probably also work).

But... I think bribery is the way to go for him.
>After he released ps1loader he asked for donations
>a guy said he donated to him and he acted nice to him
Money is the answer.

They have some videos of live performances of Persona 4 songs and other stuff in an additional content menu.

why don't you

i spent an hour uploading this, i'm sorry

Do I need to install vitamin to get games?

I did, I made a sockpuppet and Twitter instantly shut it down.

Playing D3, don't care.

Things will be sorted out eventually

>Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention (US)
>Disgaea 4 A Promise Revisited (US)
Links

Ah okay, thank you. Never played P4.

I wonder when sony's gonna ban, it would be easy for them to ban by analyzing log file. I wonder why they are just watching this situation right now. I'm not saying that this is bad, but seriously they would know what is happening.

>not a child
>being a dick about being patient
Okay.

Don't apologize to me, apologize to the people who will spend an hour downloading your broken-ass vpk.

suppose ill give it a shot then

it works though

The comments on the Neppit thread say that Mahvel actually doesn't work, it freezes at title screen.

Gonna see if I can get myself another Vita this weekend. Not sure I wanna use my main Vita. I really only want one for emulators.
Anyone in censoring Criminal Girls? I love lewd games and hate what happened to it in the localization.

They probably just don't want to put resources into the Vita.
Why waste employee time on the Vita when they can use on the PS4.

Is there a way to transfer vpks without ftp?

because its going to take 10 hours for 2 gigs :(

Feels good that there's some progress finally around the vita scene, but I'll be waiting until the whole thing is as smooth as the 3ds is right now or atleast as close. Do you think there'll ever be an alternative to a9lh on the vita in the sense that we can boot CFW before the main console boots up?

Fuck it, i'm just gonna wait it out.

Gonna play my 3ds in the meantime. And play Miku X

>takes 5 min to test
>let me spend 2 hours uploading it first

I don't understand these retards.

Its a fantastic game, definitely check it out

you also didn't up a MD5 or tell what region it's fron, which was also agreed upon.

You say it works now...

Kill yourself, dumb faggot.

>waiting until the whole thing is as smooth as the 3ds is right now
Was 3ds ever this bad?

don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened vitabros. yesterday we had 4 games, and now look we have some good games and in sooner than later someone will make a decryption tool

Tell them to take their DOSE of vitamins.

>vita was activated through PS3
>never actually logged into PSN
>after I installed offline henkaku I modified my network settings so that the Vita can only connect to shit on the lan
>triple-checked my PSN info to make sure nothing from my Vita was synced

So, my PSN is safe right.

Every day.

Put eboot.bin and the sce_sys folder in a zip, rename to .vpk, install as usual.
This will give you the skittle.

If you have poor network conditions (aka there's a long travel time between your Vita and computer):
>Install and configure virtualrouter.codeplex.com/
>Make sure your computer is using it properly
>Connect to it from your Vita
>If you're nearby you're basically guaranteed maximum FTP transfer speeds
>Copy the remaining files over to the installed skittle folder

Yeah the early Rxtools shit was terrible.

Thanks doc.

DELETING BAD TROPHIES
MAKE SURE THE TROPHY APP IS CLOSED BEFORE ANY MODIFICATION! THAT MEANS PEELING IT AWAY!
WILL NOT WORK FOR GAMES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SYNCED TO THE SERVER.
Open up Henkaku/VitaShell and go to this directory: ur0:user/00/trophy/.
There are two folders that you should pay attention to: conf/ and data/. Go into the conf/ folder. If you have a lot of trophies stored on your Vita, there will also be a LOT of folders with random characters. This will make it difficult to find the specific game you want to target. The only way I know how to find the game that I want is to go into each folder and open up the ICON0.PNG file to help you choose the correct game title (again, thank you /u/Talc_14). Once you found the game you're looking for, make sure to write down the name of the folder and then delete it.
Go into the data/ folder and find the same folder with the same name and delete that one as well. Keep in mind that these folders do not have a .PNG to help identify the game.
IMPORTANT. While you're still in the data/ folder, delete the folder titled sce_trop/.
Exit Henkaku/VitaShell and open up the trophy app. For me, a notification popped up saying that my trophy data was being restored. After that, the game that you wanted gone should be nowhere to be seen.
If, for whatever reason, something goes wrong or corrupt, just delete the entire trophy/ folder inside ur0:user/00/. After this, open up the trophy app so that it can create a new, fresh folder. This will reset your LOCAL trophies. You will lose trophies that you have not synced, but the trophies that you have synced are safe in the servers.
I have tested this with the dumped version of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, the dumped version of Steins;Gate, and the legit cartridge version of Persona 4 Golden.
For those who are extra paranoid, you could also go to ur0:user/00/shell/ and delete the playlog folder. I believe this will delete your play history, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Probably, delete your log files regularly anyway.

Any way to disable sleeping? I don't want my ftp to cancel itself. Is it possible for the screen to burn in if I fall asleep while transferring?

It's never going to happen. Thanks to Tom, the leaker has all of the information necessary for Sony to pull a lawsuit on every single one of them. Leaking the unfinished broken early version of Vitamin was just a threat. Releasing the finished/updated version would just bury them under.

Source: common sense

I just go into my router and disable internet access for my vita MAC.

shiren when

Nothing I wanted has been uploaded from anywhere but China.

Gbatemp

Okay so I dumped Legend of Heroes Trails Cold, dumped errored out first two times, I let the game update 3rd time, dumped successfully, and installed successfully,

11 minutes ago

yeah i just copy pasted what was on the leddit thread but that part is wrong. its actually the PSN version of UMVC3 that works, not the cart. someone () happens to own it on a PSTV and says he installed it in another PSTV and it worked. hes dumping it tomorrow along with other games

I'm really sorry to ask but based on the pastebin for the vita, what is exactly installing into the PSTV than allows it homebrew games?
Is it the 3.60 PKG installer? The vitamin?
Sorry for asking

there's literally no reason to delete your trophies

So far it seems to work, i haven't played much but it loaded and I just went to free mode.

is there a PC app to extract Vita ps store PKG files (not vitamin rips)? tried some app from a couple years ago but it doesn't recognize the files as being vita pkgs

Thank god.

I was somewhat scared.

MAHVEL BABY

FTP has suspend prevention

Is there really even a point in doing this?

It cannot be any worse than it is now.

Even then, they were the ones who owned up to it via public discussion.

The point is the current release can be and is considered half-cocked. The means and implementation is already there but the remaining touches (which they clearly have both compiled and as source) are non-existant, reflected by a shoddy product that they are seemingly more than happy to not one-up themselves.

They're acting like children.

If I just sign out of online will I be alright?

Is there really a way for Sony to know they're illegitimate?

I am dumb: Is there a way to connect my Vita to my router to put things onto it without it going online?

Miku DLC when?
Yeah. here's his profile in case you want to keep an eye on it
reddit.com/user/shinrukus

MAHVEL BABY

Meme Expert Research ~~ Fun Fact: While this video seems to be showing how outdated videogames made before HD graphics were invented used to look, it's actually an abstracted representation of a meme made by Veeky Forums hackers, showing a scene of the cartoon "Dragon Ball" in a way that only those who are part of their secret group can recognize it.

>adventure time
>download only games without having them tied to your account
>having trophies for japanese odin sphere around this time is suspicious as fuck
It's kind of a paranoia thing, but better safe than sorry since it's not that much work

You have to go back.

Oh good. I've just been touching the vita every few minutes this whole time. I remember getting so pissed that sleep mode paused psn downloads that I left overnight with my bad internet

>literally can't connect to anything but the local network
>the system has never been logged into PSN to begin with
>has never and will never sync files with PSN

I don't understand.

So I'm trying to grab a psp demo just in case. With the spoofer I can access psn but cant seem to download anything. I get an error everytime i try?
Is this normal?
Am I about to be banned?

i don't have the space on my memory card for the vpk and the game after it's installed. if i unzip the vpk, where would i extract the contents in the vita file browser?

Thanks user! Will try it!

Does Grand Kingdom work?

Please? With so many people having their way with the vitas, can anyone give out a name of the file that is used to install in the VPK created folder?

The FASTEST way is to rename the .vpk file to .mp4, and use the content manager to transfer it over. Then rename the .mp4 back to .vpk when its on your vita and install it. This definetly works, I just installed Persona 4 D using it and im playing it now.

What don't you understand?

IT'S MAHVEL BABY

Henkaku

how the fuck do you rename it back