>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2pqKiOZdI40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First

The only way to fuck up her quest is by offering a Pale Tongue to Rosaria to level up the covenant (respec and appearance change should be fair game), or offer a Vertebra Shackle to level up in Mound Makers. Her quest only progresses once you get to Irithyll.

He said Anri, not Sirris user

Yes Master

I No Longer Need My Darkmoon Clothings

How do I make a duplicate of a save with CE? So that I have two of the same character in-game.

Derp.

To my knowledge the meeting with her in Firelink is completely optional, to progress it you need to talk to her at Carthus. If you don't meet her in Carthus, then you'll probably have to go through Cathedral first and then to her location in Carthus.

yo waddup xD

in

There's a failure-state for Anri's quest that causes her to simply leave a prism stone in front of Anor Londo's gates and disappear from the game forever. I believe that it happens if you don't kill Horace and tell her

fc when

Holy fuck the BKS is GOAT.
Is perseverance literally the best WA?

BKS also has the highest pure physical AR of any greatsword in the game. It beats out the next highest, the WKGS, by like 20AR.

Fuck the WA, you just need tap R1 and hit people. You hit as hard as a UGS while having better hyperarmor and speed.

Yeah but from the bunch of fights so far, the WA seems good for swinging close to an opponent, missing by a hair on purpose then popping the WA and cutting them to bits as they spam into what they think is an easy free damage opportunity.

cracks me up every time

How many dicks has this cat taken?

The people who defend DS3's shitty "poise" system are the absolute worst pieces of retarded fanboy shits.

In DeS, Hyperarmor weapons gave reason to use the ultras. This hyperarmor was near instantaneous, and unbreakable.

In DaS, poise was another playstyle outside of i-framing everything. For the first time you could "tank" through the game. Its flaw was that it was attached to END, meaning now you can be rolling moneky on top of wearing super armor.

DS2 nearly perfected the systems. Poise Hyperarmor existed together. Shit like stone ring however ruined the fun.

BB completely did away with poise. But it worked within the game, I feel at no disadvantage in using large weapons than small ones because like DeS Hyper armor starts fast and is unbreakable. It also helped that the large weapons consumed less stamina than in the previous games.

Now we are DS3. The absolute WORST system out of all the games. Taking out EVERY bit of fun to be had. Its DS2's system heavily nerfed and mindbogglingly stupid.

For starters its back to the hyperarmor system, BUT hyperarmor is breakable and is tied to poise, which reduces how often you break form. Sounds alright in theory until you realize FOR SOME RETARDED REASON THEY MADE THE ULTRA WEAPONS SLOWER THAN ALL OTHER GAMES. They also CONSUME THE MOST STAMINA out of all the games. This is in the same game that sped up the other weapons like straight swords and curved swords. This is in the same game that has a stat (nerfed version compared to DS2 one of course) to determine weight to wear armor. Of course the armor sets are completely imbalanced too, so that instead of wasting 20+ stat points and 2-3 ring slots to wear havel, just pop on a wolf ring and fallen knight for same poise effectiveness. ON TOP OF THIS EVERY FUCKING WEAPON HAS DIFFERENT POISE MULTIPLIERS WITH ULTRAS BEING WORSE THAN GREATSWORDS AND HALBERDS.

I can go on about the shitty fucking designs in this mess of a game. But its time to stop my autistic rant.

So, what's everyone's opinion on this boss fight?

I never fought Gwyndolin in the first game, but from what I've seen of him in videos and such, he seemed like a douchebag who got exactly what he deserved, being used as a fucking puppet by a giant sludge worm. Putting him out of his misery kind of felt too good for him, but still part of the job, and it was a pretty fun fight once I learned how to dodge the arrows in the second phase.

To add to this, the enemies don't follow the player's system. You have Cathedral Knights, Silver Knights, Black Knights, and even shit like Grave Wardens (they are wearing rags by the way) poising through your attacks like no tomorrow. Its clear Fromsoftware completely reworked everything last minute.

I agree

>hating on 2nd best boi

Don't cut yourself on that edge

Lore aside that fight tries my patience every time. I want to go up and just wail on him repeatedly, but that damn arrow attack makes you hide or run in stage 2. All of his attacks are slow and predictable, and most require you to run away from him for a period of time. Was kind of a letdown for all the talk you heard about him from Anri and others.

Gywndolin you could at least bully when you ran him to the end of the hallway.

>have characters at appropriate soul level
>can't make any new ones

fuck man, i want to keep playing but i can't do anything until the dlc. i have nothing else to play anymore.

are you pc? can you do multiple save slates like DaS1 and 2?

As many as I have taken
none

i am but it's not just the character limit, i'm also out of builds to make

Oh. That sucks.
Go emulate Megaman Battle Network 3.

It was extremely shit for several reasons.

>you can't rescue Gwyndolin so he will never explain what happened first hand or free Yorshka
>Gwyndolin isn't conscious, doesn't talk to the player during the fight as Aldrich consumes his mind
>You don't get Gwyndolins set
>Both boss soul items are beyond ass
>Stupid lovecraft BB shit belonging in BB2, not DS3 - proof Memezaki is 100% done as fuck with Souls and didn't care about DS3
>Aldrich is hyped as this country destroying God-eater, ends up being a fat sack of shit hanging off a traps ass like the worlds largest dingleberry

>implying

I bet you've been used more than a door handle

Did anyone else notice that Gwyndolin got a new hat sometime between DaS1 and DaS3?

I wonder if this was From being lazy or if memezaki uses it to say that it's not the original Gwyndolin Aldy was sucking on down the road.

What upgrade level for SL40? +5?

He had to replace it because of all the cum stains on it

>that gwyndolin aldrich is chewing on is actually a fake gwyndolin
>you meet gwyndolin in the DLC and gives you an orb that lets you invade everybody, unembered or not, that is wearing Aldrich Faithfuls and Rosaria's Fingers covenants on

P L E A S E

the fuck did you just happened

normal and corrupted version

Haven't played DS3 in several months, is the level meta still mostly 80?

he assumed you were going to collector's edition your way to victory kek

2spooky for him

or maybe his metal hat wasn't fully digested

How?

>he assumed you were going to collector's edition your way to victory kek
I what?

He assumed you were a hacker. I would have done the same, since the only way to get that gesture is by hacking.

>use gesture that can only be activated by CE
>why are people getting the wrong idea

>Collector's Edition

Gwyndolin has to be the saddest character in the entire series
>hated by daddy but still worshipped him and tried his hardest to protect Gwyn's legacy
>a feeble child never meant to rule but had to step up to the task after every other god gave up and fucked off to somewhere
>plan is failed from the start because even if the fire gets to be linked every cycle it still inevitably becomes weaker as seen in DaS3
>got sick and then overthrown by asshole Sillyman
>vored
That said, Aldrich is an okay boss but I fucking hate the Christmas lights that he spams every time, since it really fucks with the Sword Ring setup.

>1.07
>popsicle buffs still exist
one job from

You can Access to two extra hidden gestures using ce
One is the one I'm using, unmanered bow and the other it's called Lord of cinder but it just triggers the throwing kukri animation

Well i don't blame him, he would probably beat my ass since I'm just getting used to kb and mouse PvP since my controller broke today

He also believes to be a horrible abomination himself, he most likely was the first trans in lordran

what do you use to convert video to webm? I lost my old program and it was shit anyway.

>curved swords still have higher potential damage than axes and hammer while being twice as fast

Any grown man uses FFmpeg

Webm for retards

youtu.be/2pqKiOZdI40

>it loops 4 times
for what purpose?

if a video is too short you cant make ad money off it, or something. gotta get them googbucks

>no cleric set without the "just let me clip through everything" turtle shell

If you have the stats for it, Vow of Silence turns off his spells and arrows.

Apparently, his arrows are really magic.

Every faith character I make now will have that spell. Thanks

Makes sense I guess, he fires one gorillion arrows with one shot

Just remember that he strips the buff every time he teleports, but he usually doesn't teleport before it naturally expires anyways.

you can spell parry the arrows too I think

Why is it not the Darkmoon Bow WA?

Of almost as equal import is the fact that he's wearing black as Aldrich's puppet, as opposed to the white that's the color of the moon.

The easy way to explain is that he changed is fashion some time in the thousands of years between the two games. But the Aldrich crown looks similar enough to the original that it's simple enough to assume that it's worn down or corroded over the years that he's been Aldrich's bitch.

You can't spell parry fast enough

I think I saw some pure spell guy use that spell parry spell and it kinda works well. Can't say for sure, though.

I'd imagine so, Aldrich is basically mobile abyss gunk anyways. If the corrosive goo pattern on the Undead Legion cape and Wolf Knight armor+sword are any indication, stains like that are par for the course when dealing with corrupted dark stuff.

>tfw I recognize Degroot Keep from the thumbnail

It works but even with max cast speed some arrows get through.

Gwyndolin isn't being Aldrich's puppet though, Aldrich literally ate him but most of boipucci's form still stayed because he's in the process of getting digested.

>age alters breast shape

Aldrich can control Gwyndolin's body so he's literally his puppet.

Send help I'm about to lose my fucking mind. I cannot for the fucking life of me get the parry timing down on the caestus, practicing on the respawning knight at archdragon peak and the closest I can get is just fucking partial after partial, which results in me getting fucked because a partial with the caestus drains my entire fucking stamina bar. I've had once or twice where I'll put the cunt into the "you got parried" animation, but it'll also still drain my stamina anyway.

I still don't get how Aldrich's plan was supposed to work, though.

>wants to start an age of deep dark
>decides he needs to eat gods to do so
>there's only one, and eating him doesn't accomplish much

He doesn't want to start it himself, he foresaw its coming. He's preparing for it in some way, but he also enjoys eating things.

He's not trying to start the deep dark fantasy, he just saw it coming. He's eating gods to power up in preparation for it.

>when you roll off the elevator just as it goes down
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Fair enough, I guess.

His plan might have been to eventually leave Lothric and cross the seas to hunt down gods in other lands. Gwyndolin probably lost a sizable fraction of his power over the centuries anyways, and it's fully possible that he hadn't fully digested him yet. Plus, if you're going to eat gods, it makes sense to start with the weak ones before moving on to bigger prey.

At the very least, all he has to do is survive, so that the First Flame eventually dies and all the rest of the gods become fodder for the Dark.

>eh haven't played ds3 in awhile, let's pvp a bit
>katana running r1 spammers still rampant
>le gotthards
>cant forget le ebin run away half the match spamming magic with pocket straight sword
>astora ugs apparently was still never fixed

Good to see nothing has changed

Makes sense I guess. Although my favorite headcanon is that Aldrich was just a goo after being awakened and planned on eating Gwyndolin and taking after his form, so if the player character were a bit late, we could be fighting Gwyndolin black version.

Against katana running r1 use a shield. If it's Darkdrift abandon all hope you're dead, don't even try. As a matter of fact if you see someone using the Darkdrift just kill yourself, don't waste any time.

That makes more sense. So, the reason Aldrich's scheme failed would be because Pontiff Sulyvahn couldn't stop the Lord-slaying undead from reaching the god-eating ragnarok goo.

You'd think eating any gods at all would make Aldrich stronger than the average Lord of Cinder. Maybe Gwyndolin gave him indigestion.

He only ate Gwyndolin and the remains of Nito or something. They weren't exactly strong.

Why bother practicing parrying on reaction? It's super unreliable in pvp due to latency and best works with prediction rather than reaction, unless we're talking curved greatswords or one-handed ultras

Nito isn't confirmed, and I don't think the blade coming out of his darkmoon stick looks at all like Nito's gravelord sword. The skeletons sticking out of him could easily be the remains of everyone he's eaten so far instead of being Nito leftovers.

I figure if I'm going to have something constantly equipped in the offhand slot for FP regen while I 2hand something else then I might as well learn to also use it.

Burger King time

I didn't say anything about the skeletons but the blade looks exactly like the one that comes out of the ground.

The theory that Aldritch ate Nito is just silly. The only evidence towards it is the sword, and who didn't have one of those in 1?

No sir, the shape is all wrong. I say this as an avid Gravelord in DaS1.

He ate Nito's power then. He did the same with Priscilla. If he didn't though it doesn't matter, I'm not fighting for canon championship this year.

>sir
I see you're an avid douchenozzle too?

Don't strafe around katana running r1 spammers. Using a shield or hugging them with a fast weapon is really effective.

I honestly don't think that it was Gwyndolin for any specific reason other than that he was the only 'godly' character that made sense to still stick around. According to them meeting Gwyndolin isn't canon in the first game, so the chosen undead doesn't even interact with him.
What other major character would Aldrich have 'ate' from ds1? None of them are left besides Gwyndolin.
Theres some implication that he ate Priscilla and Nito as well, but its a stretch.

Oh would you look at that I guess I am might give canon championship a try after all.

do i get a 50% str bonus for dual wielding drang hammers (because you can't 2hand them)?

Easy there, user. No need to get mad at someone disagreeing with your headcanon.

It's all just technicalities. The early popular fanons were easily debunked off basic technicalities (Solaire being the firstborn, Seath as Priscilla's dad, even later stuff in BB like Bloodletting Beast being Lawrence or the blood being menstrual blood), but those technicalities were often dismissed for being too minor to count against supposed evidence until later games or DLC disproved them in the most direct way possible. Like, all of them. It's at the point where I'd say small technicalities getting in the way of a theory are enough to count against them, and someone waving away technicalities as irrelevant is a sure sign of fanon wankery.

But, you know. If it isn't a discussion you want to have, then it's not a discussion we should have.

CU could have totally met Trap God, just as long as he didn't kill him

(me)

Gravelord, explain this to me?

Look at the image it's exactly the same.

Alright, fine. I was mistaken. No need to be a douchenozzle.

How exactly did people think that Laurence was the Blood Letting Beast?

Nito wasn't devoured, but Aldrich saw him in a dream. Does this make you happier, that your papa nito wasn't sullied by my most gracious and glutonous Aldrich? Step your foot in Anor Londo again see what happens. Your days of gravelording are long gone.

>lothric's holy sword at 40str, 60faith is barely above 300AR
J U S T