/twg/ - Total War General

WESSEX is best sex edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

dead krauts

Rollan!

Is my waifu /twg/ related?

G O B L I N S

Only if she's literally Jesus Christ.

B E S T

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Be A Man Among Men: Join The Estalian Beastmen Suppression Forces Today!

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

> Katarin is your only campaign LL choice, but winning any campaign as Kislev unlocks Boris Ursus for custom/mp.
> Generic lords are the Ataman and the Ice Witch.
> Generic heroes are the Boyar, Chekist, Hag Witch, and Warrior Priest of Ursun. Some of these can have bear mounts.
> Core infantry are derived from state troops but aren't: archers, halberdiers, handgunners, spearmen, swordsmen.
> Specialized infantry are the Droyashki (elite swords), Kreml Guard (elite axes), Kossars (bows+axes), and Streltsi (halberds+guns).
> Cavalry are the Ungol Horse Archers, Druzhinas, Winged Lancers, and Gryphon Legion.
> War machines include the War Wagon, Urugan Cannons, and Urugan Moartars.
> If absolutely necessary, a unit of trained war bears of some sort to fuck shit up.
> Slap a $X.XX tag on it.

There, I fixed it. Everything pulled from Warmaster and fluff, nothing from fan-made rosters.

>Fantasy total wars
>better than the history total wars

please guys shave your neckbeards and develop a sense of style and uniqueness.

Good for you :)

W O O D
O
O
D

except its true

Some generic fantasy universe with 40 books and an irrelevant tabletop game doesn't have shit on the epic drama, mountains of amazing spins and cliffhangers, terrific personal accounts, and drama that real life events have had.

Warhammer is bad. You summerfag teenagers would eat any fantasy turd CA would fart at you, whether it be Carebears:total war, neverendingstory3:total war, or Shrek Smash n' Crash Racing: Total War. You would defend it to the death despite having 500% less the features, gameplay features, and compelling combat that previous games took for granted.

When is the next race DLC?

Late September - Early October. Wood Elves. Excpect free Bretonnia before the year's end.

This elf gave me wood! haha :D

CHUBBY WUBBY WUD ELF TUBBYS!!!

I think you care too much about what other people enjoy.

wanna know the difference between fantasy-fags and histo-fags? Fantasy-fags actually have friends from this century

Either late September - early October as said or a month later if CA releases a Dwarf - Greenskins LL pack we still don't know if the datamined dlc schedule hasn't been slightly changed

>History

dlc should be fREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DLCs shouldn't be this expensive though

>$8 dollarydoos
>Expensive

It's fine if you enjoy being a good goy and like buying overpriced digital goods user, but there's no reason why people who understand the value of things shouldn't be allowed to speak their mind.

What's the tier list on total war games again?
Should I go for empire or napoleon?

>$8 dollarinos
>overpriced
Keep crying poorfag

That's not what's happening though. It's literally just "this kind of stuff used to be free. I'm an old school PC gamer."

When not only has this shit never been free, it never existed until a few years ago.

FotS

TZEENTCH WAS WEAK
WITNESS TRUE POWER

Geez, it's Archaon all over again.

Guys will Grim and the Grave feature a separete campaign or it will only include dogs of war and some new units for Cunts and empire?

no campaign, only the legendary lord, lords and units

"Do you enjoy sex?"

"Yes, I love Wessex"

beastmen yeh rip off but 8 dollers lmfao come how poor are you faggets

Hit an ambush on Karl Franz and his boys good and early with both of my armies
Made the ambushing one start the fight early and whittle them down so the relief force (coming in from a looong way away) can swoop in and annihilate the tired weakened troops
Turned into a complete mess right away, just not enough numbers in the ambushing force to keep them kettled in
Karl charging through the lines killing a hundred or so, his Reiksguard rampaging around killing over two hundred innocent beautiful brave Ungor, and a massive melee tangle in the middle of it all

Faith and Steel seems to be stronger than Pee and Poo.
The ambushing force was essentially decimated by the time the relief force arrived to strike from the rear.

and now, back to bullying Brets

fote when?

Based Wessex user is back!

W E S S E X
E
S
S
E
X

My quads Wessex on the last thread is probably my greatest life achievement thus far.

BEST SEX

I'd kill for my ice waifu to get a dlc release.

Post pictures of your kill first.

B E S T Q U E E N

MALAL BE PRAISED

Dwarf vs Greenskins LL pack in sebtember/october

Bretonnia and Wood Elves will most likely be released together in november/december.

Hit me

fug i was gonna say that :DDD

>november/december

Please no thats way too far away, I dont give a shit about Brets but I need my knife-ear fix.

I'm also looking forward to Wood Elf release so that I can play as dwarfs and make it my personal mission to burn down their faggy forest.

Well, you could always hope that Dwarf vs Greenskin LL pack is in september with Wood Elves in October.

Honestly, they shouldn't rush Wood Elves. Treemen alone are worth at least 3 chalemagnes, so they should spend their time on them.

Did you get triggered user? Were those faggots over at /v/ disagreeing with you? It's okay no one will hurt you here.

>No Warhawk Riders because they would cost 5.3 Jabbers to develop.

Do you think stretching the development cycle will make it cheaper or something?

>you dont buy overpriced shit, that means you are a poorfag

Shill logic

I hope we never get Kislev/Border Pansies/Tilea/Estalia as DLC, just so all the autists on the forums neck themselves. I swear every other fucking thread is a "modest DLC proposal".

>burning down the forest
>forgetting that the main beef is with the high elves and it was settled before humans even knew what a city is
>forgetting that the closest dorfs to them are west dorfs aka worst dorfs
>not leading a grumbling uneasy alliance full of mad bantz to kick out beasts, greenshits and archy the everfaggot

It could cost 10 centerinos and you faggots will still complain because it isn't free. Poor people shouldn't touch video games. Period. There's so many of them and it makes it look as if we (the real PAYING customers) don't want more content. Do us a favor and kill yourself, eh?

__V
V L A D
__A
__D

it's not price of the dlc, it's that the ratio of money spent vs how much content it adds is what makes it shitty dlc

we Vlad-posting now

Beastmen was kinda overpriced for what it offered yeah, but the main problem is they tried to justify it by pushing that "campaign" down our throats, I personally think that if they had sold just the faction at a smaller price it would have been better received. But the new dlc seems fine to me tbqh

Krell is better

I'm pretty sure blood and gore being sold as dlc is a relatively new and niche concept. It's not like people were happy about it when it happened with shogun 2 in 2011 nor are they happy now. I'm sure people new to the franchise are just afraid of it becoming like pic related. I mean I'm personally alright with paying for tww dlc, but I'll understand people's frustrations, just like with Games Workshop and EA.

How many jabbers would it cost to have properly animated units? Do you guys think they'll ever sell animations as DLC? What about flags and musicians?

Nice Akari

forgot pic

Total war is the only series I know that sells blood as DLC. Even CoH, which is also published by sega has built in blood and gore which is actually pretty good. Makes me think that it's a decision by CA.

>hasn't read the "it's to do with rating" shit that gets spamed every time this question is raised

>It's a Total Shitposting General episode
never change /twg/, never change

possibly also a Total Poorposting General

I mean we're still a long way from becoming paradox. At least so far they've added good, if few, stuff

>mostly just mix and match content that you don't have to purchase
>just buy what you want and buy what you sort of want when it's on sale

I don't see any problems, especially since we don't know what content is actually coming out. No point in saying that every race pack is $20 just because BM and their shit campaign were, no point saying all mini campaigns will be shit cause of the BM one, etc.

>Total war is the only series I know that sells blood as DLC

Verdun said they will do it tho

>it was settled before humans even knew what a city is
>it was settled

NAW MANLING

THERE'S STILL PLENTY OF GRUDGES LEFT IN THE BOOK.

LOOK, HERE'S ONE:

"VALAYA WEPT AS THE ELVES HID IN THEIR TREES LIKE TOTAL FAGGOTS, FOR THE CRIME OF RAMPANT FAGGOTRY, THEIR ENTIRE FOREST MUST BE BURNED DOWN"

Wait for the new dawn of war game, also published by sega, and you will also see dlcs everywhere

>m-muh ratings

Is catering to children a valid excuse to cut content out of the game? Maybe they should add pokemon or whatever the fuck whippersnappers like these days cause they're trying to get the kiddy audience. What else would make the cut to pander to them?

Are you a fucking poorfag? Only poorfags wouldnt buy 400 dollars worth of DLC

Poorfags should stop playing games already geez

Shogun 2 sells their blood 'n gore for $1.60. They raised the price due to business not because it was the minimal price that'll get them through the loophole. They even said that the price was there to reflect the effort, so it's like killing two birds with one stone.

THEY'VE WROOONGED US

How much for Wessex?

>creating a bunch of blood textures and effects requires actual effort

Nobody's forcing you to buy it. It's still cheaper than buying real furniture and building your own house.

>not doing both

Poorfags lfmao

Point is that "it's to do with rating" argument does't hold by itself.

>the age old argument of people refusing to pay for things that they want because of "muh principals"

Don't like it then don't buy, shut up and go do something else because life is short and money is worthless. Enjoy :)

wtf is wrong with you guys?

heheh

A lot.

Not even Veeky Forums would take this tone with tabletop figurine prices.

We addicted. Gotta protect them dealers.

The union jack is a symbol of oppression and imperialism. Remove this sick filth.

Nah but real talk - it's like £2 - that's less than a fucking pint.

You guys don't get it do you? It's cheaper than building an army on the TT therefore it's reasonably priced. End of discussion.

>£2
For something that should be free.
Can't imagine a free dlc would affect their rating.

Well im comparing apples to watermelons here but even if you pay full price for all the dlc and more you will still have payed far less than a medium fully painted and equipped sized army.

>Can't imagine a free dlc would affect their rating.
but it does, they could sell it for 50 cents though

Are you seriously comparing physical goods to digital goods?

no

To be honest this, like I get it the DLC costs more than it should. in that case wait on it to either go on sale or what ever.

No ones forcing you to but it, its not needed to play the game, and it's not pay to win shit so who gives a crap?