/rwg/ - RimWorld General: Firebreak Edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564&searchtext=multiplayer
youtube.com/watch?v=K5qijI--v9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Tynanu updates his game and says he 'fixes' the bugs
>Heaters still don't work

Classic hack

I'm tempted to start building tunnels through the mountains near my base and setting up rooms inside of there. Does anyone know the temperature range that megascarabs and megaspiders are comfortable within? I'm tempted to try setting up heaters to cook them to death for when they spawn.

what am i supposed to see from this

>Nipz

Jesus, you have a ridiculous number of colonists

>Have a nudist colonist
>Have them drop all their clothes to keep them happy
>They keep putting on shitty clothes unless I mark all the clothes as forbidden, giving them mood debuffs for both having clothes on, and for tattered apparel

why

>outfit restrictions
>create "nudist"
>disallow everything except personal shields
>restrict nudists to that outfit

boom done

solid, thanks senpai

How the fuck do you run that colony without massive frame drops?

it's like an ant farm

The discovery of electricity made finally meat profitable as a food source.

Now it is on the build up of the city. The Mountains will have to give me the Limestone I need.

Falcon is already forgotten and nobody cared about him anyway. I hope White dies from a heartattack. He is old desu.

Post your mod list famalams.

>mod that lets you talk to other player colonies and send them items
How can one game have mods this fucking awesome

>heaters
... Do you mean the coolers you've placed inside-out? Or is this some mod I'm not aware of?

do you have to play on the same planet/seed

It's basically a built in chat room where you can talk to other players on that server. Also lets you send your shit to them too.

Those are coolers... the red side exhausts the heat... you have heaters to heat areas, am I missing something?

mate you have a load of air con units blasting cold air to the outside.

Nope, just on the same server, I think the mod maker has a server up pretty much all the time, but you can host your own as well.

Gonna become a drug farmer and get everyones colonies addicted

WHY THE FUCK DOES STEEL CATCH ON FIRE?

>STEEL CATCH ON FIRE?
Heh, thats pretty metal.

it only follows that in a world where you mine for components and plastic the fire also consists of jet fuel at a base level

I was doing good in an ice sheet game, and then some fucking faggots with grenades came and started tossing that shit everywhere. Then my entire base, made of steel, caught on fire and burned down.

>not researching stonecutting first
>not constructing all walls out of stone

>start new world
>want the two best stones, marble and granite
>spend four hours clicking on mountains maps looking for it
Why is there no option to filter on the map god dammit

Molotov fuel can melt steel beams

Does stone catch on fire?

>headcanon a glitterworld tourist couple whose shuttle gets shot down by pirates en route and crashes on the ice sheet biome
>their entire extended family shows up some time later

How do I turn off this immersion breaking bullshit?

How do I turn

it's fucking retarded that random people who crash into your colony are always related to you in one way or another, whether they're raiders, wanderers, or from space

>heatwave
>jungle
>52C outside
>visitors come
>one of them has a max comfortable temperature in the 20s
>gets heatstroke
>passes out while they're leaving
>quickly move a hospital bed to my freezer and rescue them
>their heatstroke % drops from mid 60%s to like 32% and they immediately get up to leave
>chief blames me for what happened to them
>this sends out some sort of psychic brain wave that causes them to go MANHUNTER on my one awake colonist that rescued their ass before they've made it halfway through the next room
>shoot them repeatedly in all their limbs with a rifle
>they go down but still alive
>rescue them again and stick them back in the freezer
>patch em up forever with a nondoctor cause all my doctors are asleep
>flashstorm on the ass end of the map
>rain cuts out just as it's ending
>aw fuck, send all my guys to firefight
>the 4 fires have grown fuckmassive by the time everyone gets there
>infectionx2 on my guest on ice
>takes for fucking ever to solve, send colonists back to base to eat/get burn treatment in multiple rotations
>that infection I was ignoring has grown to major while I wasn't looking cause I thought they'd leave as soon as they could walk
>immediately treat them
The storyteller REALLY wants this fucker to die.

hats don't count towards naked

>building your base out of steel memes

TRIGGERED

Does anyone have one of those multiplayer interaction servers set up for /rwg/?

>send colonist to Veeky Forums colony
>they send him back without his legs, arms, stomach, jaw, eyes and kidneys

I'd be offended if he did return with those attached.

That's a thought, how long can someone survive without their kidneys in Rimworld? Or even liver.

Veeky Forums would have the dick mod installed so he'd come back without it too.

oi lads, any decent sex mods about?

>wanderer joins with pessimistic perk and slowpoke
>instantly euthanize them

>Not making him your cleaning lady

>sex is in the game
>want sex mod
why?

Legalize smoke leaf joints.

BDSM and sex dungeons

rape

Why did I even ask I wonder.

>Crashed psychic ship
>Start building traps and sandbags around it
>Debuff kicks in
>Toxic fallout
What am I supposed to do in this situation? Lock everyone in and watch them go crazy and stab each other?

>guy prepositions and gets turned down one too many times
>some bad shit ensues

You can stay outside during Fallout, just not forever. Deal with that ship asap, your fallout poisoning can fucking wait. Rotate people in and out if you have to.

>get both a positive and negative buff from it
>positive buff runs out slightly sooner than the negative one

>Get a new recruit
>Can't do dumb labor
>Can't do intelligent labor

...Welp.

At least you have a new meatshield!

Which will do nothing to stop everyone from getting the mood debuff when he dies.

Yea I got fucked. I only had 3 shooters out of six colonists and one of them got one shot early, the rest were non-violent/brawlers. Also my trap placement was shit, I should've built them around the ship instead in front of the sandbags like an idiot

Probably the safest way I've dealt with those ships is someone with a sniper rifle. That gun outranges scyther agro range as they patrol around the ship, letting you plink them off.

cant you just mortar it

I wouldn't trust the mortar to hit the same fucking map that it's on, nevermind a crashed ship.

You have to micro that shit like crazy, though. One false move and your sniper loses a limb.

It'll hit just fine... as long as the raiders are using it

Fuck, mods aren't updating fast enough. Do you guys still play A14 or have you moved to A15? Also, favorite mods?

Nah. I would literally just sit on the very edge of the aggro range and go do something else until the sniper needed food or some joy. I don't tell the sniper to attack the ship, I just have them moved just far enough to engage whatever comes into range.

Another neat thing is that they outrange centipede weapons, so you can never get hit by them if you micro them.

Can you melee those fat mechanoids? What about scythers? The latter sounds dangerous. Is the former, too?

yes

but you won't live because mechanoid melee is the most deadly melee

How? They don't have any scythes or something, I assume? They look fat and clumsy.

They're still huge and will wreck you at melee

>not having nudists with cowboy hats defend your colony

What's the quickest path to an impressive bedroom and what are the qualifiers? I've been pouring all my art into this greedy bitch's bedroom and he's still a grumpy faggot.

What's it called?

> Not having a qt 18y old nudist walk around naked in your heated arctic base, so your working men have something to look out to when facing that -120°C weather

Golden rooms or furniture could do silver as well I suppose.

"Phi" mod. Haven't tried it but if it really does work as advertised, it must be kickass.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732930564&searchtext=multiplayer

youtube.com/watch?v=K5qijI--v9E

One of my colonists has a bite scar on their head from the fuckers.

I don't have the resources for that. Any other way that doesn't involve precious metals?

Sofas and sheeit

Colored lights, carpet, you can also make sculptures using common materials.

fucking christ how do i get the giant caravans to stop raiding my fridge everytime they visit

you can wall it in temporarily i guess

too bad there are no servers

Posted yesterday on tips for my base

Current progress

Is this new in A15 or something? In A14 they always carry their own meal

it must be because they visit and go in and take the highest quality meals and eat them

>4 person chess
>no path to put out geothermal fire
>turrets and mortar in production room

Cut your bedrooms to half their size.

You need bigger bedrooms for dat spacious bonus.

>non-uniform bedroom size

T R I G G E R E D

>no backup power-bank

Enjoy your zzzzzt

what is the best leather and what do i do with human skin when i have like 700 of it

Anyone else really like the zombie mod? As trite as zombies are typically, I really enjoy the fatal encounters and quarantining/euthanizing colonists.

Really wish someone would mod in xenomorphs with full reproduction cycle with eggmorphing and everything.

How do you place traps so that they don't hurt your colonists?

i don't like it because as long as there are zeons alive on the map my cozy game music won't play

Best leather is I think Thrumbofur. Just make shit out of it or sell it.

Place them in a checkerboard pattern like

XOXOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOXOX

And your dudes will walk around them but enemies won't. You can't have a safe 1-wide tunnel with them though.

I also like them. I've been playing with them since Alpha 6 or 8 or so. Good stuff.

Glitterworld Tech weapns are a bit strong against them, though.

>tell 2 of my guys to shoot at a bug hive at close range
>one of them kills the other instantly

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

one of my colonists went to sleep on her bed, woke up at about 6 and has been resting on her bed for the entire day

is she stuck or something

Check her health tab, she might be sick/hurt or missing a leg.

I like fighting em with my medieval kingdom. Makes it challenging.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a lot of drop pods of drugs. I swear the storyteller is trying to make my colonists coke addicts. The drugs sell for a lot though.

People in adjacent squares cannot friendly fire, not sure if it counts diagonals but there's your tip. Just the tip.

>AI director thinks I've been having too much of a good time with everything being peaceful, decides to shit in my cornflakes
>Three of my five colonists get diseases instantaneously, 2 plague 1 gut worms
>Send the lepers to bed
>Shortly afterward a probe starts its mood debuff thing
>Somehow I don't think my potted plants are going to stop people from going nuts

Wat do

>colonist takes wake up once
>-25 mood next day from withdrawals and goes berserk.
DRUGS NOT EVEN ONCE

>boreal forest
>heat wave
>30C