2015 Civic Si Coupe

Why shouldn't I buy one of these?

I liked the one I drove. Buy it

>because you can by a used (insert here) for the same price

ff

is this a meme? I found a few used ones with 7-10k miles that seem pretty decent

Looks like sedan fit. Wtf looks like shit

>fwd
>ugly
>modern honda
only thing its got going for it is vtech but apart from that its heavy and boring

8th gen is better.

Because Bernie isn't going to be president

Coulda had a V8

Because it would remind you of these.

because the 2016 1.5L turbocharged (not even si trim lol) is faster

>ff

>tfw the 14/15 coupe refresh is my favorite modern civic

It,s close but still a bit slower. And aside from speed the si is still obviously a much sportier drive.

is there a TLDR why Civics are suddenly so much bigger/heavier than they used to be?

Safety, comfort, ergonomics
Mostly safety standards though

>vtech

if you want a DD and a car you can drive around to work or so, sure knock yourself out, but if you're expecting some mean sportscar from a slightly faster honda, dont even think about it

>slightly faster Honda
This thing pushes 62 more horsepower than the same year civic made for 2015. That's a big jump

The same reason why all cars are pigfat boats with zero interior space.

Get an older Si if you want to hoon about in a tiny car.

The Fiesta ST exists you know

>why shouldn't i buy this
You can buy a Ford Tarus SHO, powered by EcoBoost®. It delivers the same performance (if not more) as a V8 counterpart.

No, it was a meme. Get one. They're neat cars.

There fun cars. I bought mine with 22k miles on it for $16k, looking almost brand new.
A short, light clutch and smooth shifting transmission make it a good DD. Plus with the LSD you can also have some fun on the twisties.

If you're looking for a tuner car the K24 engine is a decent platform. Mine is making almost 250whp with a very basic comptech supercharger kit.

That looks like ass. Get a hatchback.

>4K to make 250 HP

kek

they dont come in hatchback form

Sure, you could think of it that way.
Or you could think of it as spending $20k total on a basically brand new reliable DD with 250whp.

It looks like it's competing with the TRD Scion FRS for Try-Hard-Of-The-Year.

Good car, but it puts off a childish vibe to me.

If that doesn't bother you however, and a performance oriented compact coupe is what you want, then go for it.

im looking at a SC kit for mine, but why choose the CT over the Kraftwerks? Seems like the Kraftwerks makes more bang for the buck, but I haven't really researched them that much

Kraftswerks is a good kit, they both are. It just depends what you're looking for and how much power you need.
The kraftswerk kit gets you to about 330whp, where as the CTE kit varies a ton depending on how much you want to spend on supporting mods and pulleys.
I decided to go with the basic CTe kit because I drive over 60 miles a day for work, and wanted to keep my car reliable. So i'm only pushing 7psi.
If you don't already, try 9thgencivic.com. The community is very helpful and there is tons of information on this kind of stuff.

Oh wait.. I just noticed that's not 9th gen when I clicked it..

200hp
2900lbs
fwd

The weight is too much.

Point being? They're pretty fun little cars, parts are cheap and they're reliable.

fwd isnt a bad thing. fuck off loser rwd

That's not too bad. It's the same power/weight as a GTI.
For a sports car it would be bad, but the Si isn't trying to be a sports car.
Plus, you're forgetting that no one keeps these cars stock. If you buy an Si planning to keep it stock forever you're an idiot.

The Si might not be a sports car but its target demographic thinks otherwise. What advantage does it have over a WRX?

Better gas mileage,reliability, interior comfort, cost less especially when buying used.
It doesn't have any performance advantages.
At least not stock anyways... Pretty sure my Si could pull on any stock wrx.

>what is fit

Used with that few miles is usually going to cost enough to where the higher interest on used cars offsets the savings on purchase price. You're better off enjoying the new car smell.

vtech

The Si makes for an easier daily but plenty of people get by in thirsty blue boyracer chariots too. That they hold their value better also seems like an advantage if you're buying new.

I'd argue most "reliability" issues with the WRX come from the vaper who owns it launching in second from every red light and peeling out of the Maccas car park as noisily as possible.

>stock wrx
Those are as common as a stock Civic Si. "Tastefully" modded or otherwise.

The Civics aren't that difficult to find in decent shape used at least when they're on their first/second owner.

They just go to shit like every other car when they hit the 10 y/o mark or $7-10k price point. WRXs are modded more often if anything. They make too much power for the first owner to ignore from a simple exhaust/downpipe and Cobb reflash (doesn't help the factory tunes are garbage)

Personally I'd avoid either and just get a Fiesta/Focus ST. Its what the Honda would've been 15 years ago in a quicker, modern package.

>when the vtech slams in

jesus christ

I would shit myself.

i have a couple other cars I can drive, so I'm thinking I'll go with the Kraftwerks. I daily the Si, but don't mind if I have to park it for a few days. And yeah, there's 8thcivic.com, but the userbase is hit or miss depending on the thread

how can you shit yourself when you're dead?

Do it man. Your Si will thank you.

Sphicter muscle relaxes when you ded. Literally shit yourself.

It is literally slower than a current Civic with the 1.5 Turbo.

Except it really isn't. It's just as fast in a straight line from a launch. Besides that though it's slower in literally every way.
Plus, from a modding standpoint there isn't much potential in an already F/I 1.5L, whereas an NA 2.4L has a ton of potential.

With a good turbo setup like the PRL kit, K24 engines can hit 400whp on stock internals.