/ovg/ - Hachiroku + Eurobeat edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.xtremefactor.es/descargas/viewdownload/62-circuitos-urbanos/538-eeuu-gta-san-andreas-rfactor.html
drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5030
webmshare.com/play/7XOay
blog.beamng.com/blog/
kickstarter.com/projects/1669324602/snaefell-mountain-course-3d-laser-scan
youtube.com/watch?v=snNdkFmooWw&list=PLjRcFKWfE-qepxwRkpNiElPdnHSJZFdJ5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just installed Rfactor

How can I make it look not like shit or navigate like shit

basically how the fuck do I ditch this grand prix meme and get to freedriving

here you go

downloads.xtremefactor.es/descargas/viewdownload/62-circuitos-urbanos/538-eeuu-gta-san-andreas-rfactor.html

I didn't mean that, just an overhaul or change to the menu system m8

say no more

drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5030

Is BeamNG fun or is it youtuber bait like Goat Simulator with cars?

So with the league coming to the end, only the NIGHT BATTLE remains, and we have a insteresting predicament. I will narrate this on 3rd person cause why not.

As the standings are right now, Solvi of Midnight Mis-Shift is leading by 5 points against Trampio's Grounded Fin, and in order for the things to turn around, the Trampio works driver needs not only to finish first, but Solvi to finish in 3rd, because if Solvi finishes 2nd, the two drivers will be tied, and Solvi has more wins, so he will take the championship by default.

Another interesting battle is the one for 3rd overall in the championship. Goodsmile Racing's Andi36356 is ahead of STP's Kita by 2 points. But this can be easily flipped, as Kita can claim 3rd place by finishing 3 spots ahead of Andi in the race, because if they are tied he will lose due to andi finishing in higher positions than him.

I never expected this kind of ending to my little spec series. I was kinda glad Solvi is doing so well, so I would be able to avoid the shitposting about winning my own series, but now I don't want to hand it to him easily. Make sure to practice a lot and do it at night.

Cheers laddie, that's a fucktonne better

Mostly Youtuber bait imo. Installed it again after playing it when it first launched and feels like they've hardly done fuck all since it was released, just a new UI and small bits here and there

not at all worth the money

>Not making all of your league announcements as though you were the PR Manager
2/10 roleplaying

I'm not autistic. I just gave info to people.

I can't wait to post an animu webm for people to complain too.

Got some webms of yesterday's race to dump

The race was pretty fun but goddamn, screw that first corner

>overtake someone in the end of the 2nd to last lap
>laugh
>first corner happens
>don't laugh anymore

Why the fuck do you need a 5 speed shifter? Just imagine the 6th slot isn't there

Or even that it's reverse.

Isaac is an expert when it comes to flipping

But I'm also an expert when it comes to fucking up the first corner

I noticed I have a Rover Mini 1.3i on AC, yet it spins its wheels through the entirety of first gear. Who's fucking car was this?

The joy of mods. 99% of them are broken shit.

I don't think we have enough spicy meatballs for all that spaghetti

>not getting a used g25 for $100

>tfw no honest, objective opinions on muh 997rgt v1.6

It's generally stable on corner exit

I used to try to race in video games, but I could never learn how to brake decently. Like coming into the pits, I'd either lose 10 seconds or smash into the car in front of me.

How do you brake without feeling the g-force?

memes aside, that is a major reason as to why I like to work with RR cars.

Is the DiRT site dead or is the event itself dead?

thanks for making the webm for me andi, was too lazy to do it
>tfw i flipped on the kerbs twice

see

oh fuck i didnt even see you made the second one
>Isaac's an expert in flipping
indeed

They still haven't fixed it? I couldn't access the leagues or the online events in game earlier today cause of "RaceNet currently unavailable" bullshit.

wait a second...

Is that part of the map from GTA San Andreas (specifically the highway loop race)?

GIIIIIBBBBBB NAAAAOOO

Yeah even the site says some error and it can't even display stats.

>tfw I hosted this but couldn't join because of Reiza being shit

;_;

yeah its a san andreas map for GSC, but nah sorry i dont have it, we ran that pick up race like almost a year ago

H Y P E

H A P P E N I N G

S O O N

running this on like 170% tarbo speed to get done quicker : ^)

My turbo only puts my game up to 130-140% :^(

171% is my limit

fluctuates between 120-171, still much faster tho

set the internal resolution to 300x300 so it runs faster

Didn't work m8

If anything it ran slower

shutokou man here

the 240Z in TXR3 didn't really seem that great. Even when I swapped in the L6 Turbo, it didn't seem that fast. If you want retro engine swap speed, use the DeTomaso Pantera.

Or you could be me and Turbo F6 swap an S15. The S13 didn't seem to have that great a top end compared to its younger sister.

The retro cars that weren't the Pantera really got shafted in this game.

fug

I spent all day getting the mileage for it

I'll swap a bunch of engines around and gearbox tune them and see what's what tho.

in all seriousness, is the crew any good? i know some people in mumble play it so if you can give your opinions, the reviews on steam are mixed and the reviews on youtube are negative.

>never gonna drive a V6 SW20 making 660 PS
>there will never be a TXR 4 on PC with online MP where you can make your own Teams with stupid descriptions and drive against other teams or just cruise on the Wangan

;-;

forgot pic

webmshare.com/play/7XOay

What's the top speed on that?

are you the famous nfs s2k drift guy?
wow man impressive
pls continue

last dorifto

no, im eurounion dagumi beemer doriftoo

>Installed it again after playing it when it first launched and feels like they've hardly done fuck all since it was released, just a new UI and small bits here and there

>youtuber bait

blog.beamng.com/blog/

You are either a fool or a liar.
If you actually "played it when it came out" you'd know that the game has improved immensely. The physics are better, the tire model is better, there's actual FFB, a shit-ton of cars, a strong modding community, thermodynamic simulation, fuel fire, pneumatic tires, the list goes on.

>he needs a plot or objective to have fun in a video game
>laughingtwingos.png

>crash
>lose 2nd, 3rd gears, front right wheel falls off
>engine dies after limping for 2 kilometers

tip: don't use tires for dry gravel on snow/ice

Yes. It has great physics and really comfy driving, but the multiplayer is a bit buggy and so is the DLC implementation. Indycarfag on mumble had a problem yesterday where his access keys for Wild Run and the season pass were accepted by uplay, but not the game, so it claimed he had a "trial version" which, if you BOUGHT the game actually just means only the original game content is available.

Most of the reviews I've read seem to be people having similar issues and flipping their shit over it as if the game anally violated them by not operating properly the first time.

>Strong modding community

For the years it's been out, it's still as small as it was

>Better physics

Still feel the same

>muh temperature simulation

ahhh yes very hard to program

>Tire model is better

Not really, still same ol' glitchy vibrating tires

You're either a fool or a liar : ^)

Just tested it and got 221 mph in Nagoya (that's with the turbo boost that's triggered with Select). There might be a little bit more optimization in the gearbox ratio and I was weaving around a bit but this car still is FAST

>>muh temperature simulation
>ahhh yes very hard to program
and yet most games don't have even a simplified model

Just finished the mileage, went with a V8 Tarbo

atm not on the Wangan yet but shit with gearing is rapid fast, third just seems to vapourize

Would / could possibly hit 190mph rn

Whatever, you clearly haven't put much effort into following the game's development or playing it.

>Following the game's development exclusively

lel

Racing games have come and gone at much better standards by the time this le soft body physics meme has sat dicking about

You called?

>Needing development progress to justify a game staying shit for all this time

Troll harder pls

Why didn't anybody say DiRT Rally was almost 40GB?? My toaster is packed as is it.

>tfw can't find the wanderer you want to race

Why didn't you stop to help him out?

>tfw no skoda in dirt rally

Someone left bowling balls on the track again

You guys talking about the lad who posts nfs shift s2000 webms?

it's always nothing but meme-tier rally """legends""", practically never a normal car

there's never even an unmodified production class (with reduced setup options) in any game

two reasons
>I'm selfish
>by the time I would've turned around and somehow helped him, his car would've been reset long ago

Way to completely misunderstand my post and misuse the quote function. English isn't your primary language, is it?

>Racing games have come and gone at much better standards by the time this le soft body physics meme has sat dicking about

How about some examples? The last soft-body-physics racing game came out in 2001. What contemporary game even comes close to BeamNG in terms of physics simulation?

It's a physics sandbox. There is nothing built-up about it to _be_ shit. It has no multiplayer, it has no story, it has no money, objective, or point, you just drive around and crash into things and make up your own reason for doing so.

If you can't figure out how to have fun, the problem is not with the game, it is with you.

Who cares if a game has soft body physics if the point is to NOT crash your car? It makes no sense to turn AC or rFactor into a realistic demolition derby simulator just because "muh crashing physics"

>If you can't figure out how to have fun, the problem is not with the game, it is with you.

so, every game is good

Because even though the point of a racing sim is to not crash, everyone knows that in real motorsport, at every level, crashing happens. Collisions happen. Cars bump and rub and are minutely damaged in ways you can't see from your couch.
Most sims doesn't even model this or if they do, exaggerate it due to the limited level of vehicle complexity. Hoods and splitters launch themselves off cars from the slightest taps, deep cavities appear in bodywork after brushing the wall, all these things are inaccuracies and destroy immersion and the whole point of simulating a racing environment.

Have you ever seen the inside of an rF model? There's isn't an engine or a drivetrain or even suspension arms usually. The wheels of an rF car are propelled by invisible text document magic that comes out of the logically-defined, metaphysical transmission, so when you slam it into the wall, the game just moves the suspension arms around, disregarding any damage the now fucked suspension geometry would do to the drivetrain.

BeamNG models the whole vehicle, including the engine, transmission, driveshaft and differential. In simulating a vehicle to this degree, damage much be a factor, as it determines the operating state of all these simulated components. When you nail a wall in BeamNG, you push a wheel and axle across a physical car body, stretching suspension and tearing a driveshaft out of a physically-modelled transmission, all of which you can look under the car and see.

For a simulator to accurately represent vehicle behavior up to the point of collision and then throw its hands up to let vehicles slam into walls or each other with only the most minimal effects is not only an incomplete simulation, but a bad racing game. If you are going to simulate reality, you should simulate all of it, not just what's convenient or adequate.

am i going to have to filter beam ng too

Physics tech demos and such can be great fun. In fact, there are lots of great 2D and 3D soft body physics demos that, to me at least, are just as fun as BNG, but usually aren't as expandable or frequently-updated.

My point is that if there is no clearly defined goal in a video game, it is on the player to entertain themselves. Especially BNG, which is as much a development environment as it is a game, part of the point is to learn the beam meme magic and make your own vehicles.

at least until you get the toy shifter knob out of your ass

>dirt rally networking went down two days ago
>codies still fail to give a fuck

>The wheels of an rF car are propelled by invisible text document magic
you can say the same for literally any game. sim or not.

>everything else
It still doesn't make any fucking sense to model your car so intricately in order to call it a simulator. I can just say BeamNG isn't good enough because it's not actually driving a real car, just a binary number calculation to get it *close enough.* With limited computing power you need to draw the line somewhere, and most consumers aren't autistic enough to DEMAND that the body panels are a stiff simulated cloth that tears and punctures at every bump and rub. If you hit a wall hard enough in AC, your car will reflect that. If you just scrape the paint, who cares?

>you can say the same for literally any game. sim or not.
This is precisely why BeamNG is good, it's doing something very few games have attempted: Real time dynamic simulation of an automobile.

>I can just say BeamNG isn't good enough because it's not actually driving a real car, just a binary number calculation to get it *close enough.*

Well, so is rFactor. All simulators--all games are mathematical calculations. BNG actually shows you physically the calculations it's doing and performs deeper mechanical simulation than rFactor. You can see the frame twist and the tires wrinkle when you launch the drag cars, watch the leaf springs, shock absorbers, tires and frame work together to cushion a landing on the Baja trucks, and gain significant understanding of the benefits of body-on-frame construction by slamming a !Crownvic into a !Civic.

I will grant you, some types of collisions, and certain cars are rather glitchy and do not produce realistic results, but I actually have been playing it this entire time, and I do know that the physics have improved massively since release and will continue to do so. All the cars have a ton of variants and the physics continue to improve.

Put on some vaporwave and throw a car off a cliff at 16x slow-mo.
Load up one of the rally cars and go hard like Colin till you break shit.
Go get the CRD monster truck and crush shit.
I don't know, use your own damn imagination, it's not a game for dimwits.

>it's doing something very few games have attempted: Real time dynamic simulation of an automobile.
maybe
just maybe
maybe full simulation of every single part is not necessary and effort should be put in different parts of game?

>shooting in q3a is fun, but my unity game simulates recoil spring elasticity and pressure on trigger - therefore it's better

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
kickstarter.com/projects/1669324602/snaefell-mountain-course-3d-laser-scan

Are you seriously saying simulator development should be stifled just so a piece of software is a marketable game?

Do you work for Ubisoft?

>implying anyone here has a job

After trashing the E30 in AC i concede that the damage model sucks. It took downshifting from fourth to first to finally blow the engine. But still, once the front suspension and wheel-workings went, you could definitely feel it, even if it wasn't visually noticable.

rude tbqh

Ass corsa worth playin with 360 gamepad? 2 lazy to bring out da wheel

You may enjoy gokart mod.

It works rather well you just gotta tweak it for personal preference.

Steam forums have some guides that can give you a good idea on what to do.

Not that other guy, but there are plenty of things directly relevant to racing that "normal" sims really suck at, or don't do at all compared to beamNG. BeamNG is not a better track racing sim, because it has a much wider scope, but if computing power wasn't an issue, their model is definitely superior.
Some examples are chassis stiffnes, correct inertias and gyroscopic effects, forces on the car that don't magically disappear when the suspension is at max travel range or when the car bottoms out, actual aerodynamics instead of point forces, handling of any rough surface like kerbs

Why do you think all other sims are Grand Prix Legends?

Nigga I've made my own cars for AC and rF. The "cars" are rigid bodies and they're not even directly connected to the wheels.
Here's a rundown of rF1, which is very similar to AC in architecture
youtube.com/watch?v=snNdkFmooWw&list=PLjRcFKWfE-qepxwRkpNiElPdnHSJZFdJ5

That's a 9 video playlist btw. Doesn't show up in the embedded link