Truck Thread

Pickup Truck thread. Talk about truck stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5654801050.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5653462024.html
eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5639467904.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5637110032.html
richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5629952029.html
youtu.be/vhoN5sgV7Us
youtu.be/BZxGQ079D8o
youtu.be/RtYoliNWtg0
austin.craigslist.org/ctd/5656366910.html
reno.craigslist.org/cto/5625646988.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i-is this real?

Yup. Canadian Tire built it.

Although it doesn't look the part, identical wheelbase down to the tenth of an inch, and you can get the Rolls for as little as $10k nowdays. Anyone having the same idea as me? You'd probably only have to put some fender flares on the Rolls body after dropping it on the wider tracked Ram frame.

If I drove that truck would it die?

Glass?

It would be extremely painful.

Ice.

So it melted as soon as the engine started getting warm.

It was built as an advertisement for remote starters I think. That wasn't an issue since they turned it on once to shoot the commercial.

I'm taking my bedliner out to put on a back rack since I don't want to cut it to get to the stake pocket holes. Drop in liners trap water so I want to spray something in the bed before I put it back in. Would rock-guard (Canadian Tire undercoating) work for this? They have rubberized and normal versions, but rubberized is twice the price. would one work better than the other?

A few months more... just a few months

do it
>tfw no luxotruck

I'm buying a 95 f250 7.3 l power stroke here tomorrow for 4k. It's got a quarter of a million miles on it am I doing good?

Brand new Tacoma TRD Off-Road long bed

Or

Used 1/2 Ton (F150 FX4, Sierra All-Terrain, fuck Dodge Rams)

Budget $37,000

Requirements
>daily drive
>must fit ATV in the bed with the tailgate up
>able to occasionally pull one car
>good for exploring rough terrain to go camping
>be comfy
In that order

Wat do Veeky Forums

Canyon/Colorado out, I don't like them at all

Fuck yeah. I love my truck.

banks closed so i cant pull money out

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5654801050.html

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5653462024.html

ive gone a through a very stressful month without a car so decided to get a truck since it snows and shit. i know its the right thing in a state with such shit weather here(VA btw).

anywho which one should i check out gents?

Gf likes my truck

Not even remotely as tough as his truck. Bough it with tech job money. Reminds his friends he has a truck to help them move with, because he never uses it for truck stuff otherwise. Honda CB cafe racer is/will be his first bike.

I thought I was still in the stereotypes thread. Sorry.

chevy S-10

How are the 07+ Tundras? I keep reading about "Bed Bounce"

Some people experience it, others don't. For the same price as a used F150/Silverado I can get a Tundra with 50k km less, and with significantly more power.

Should I worry about bed bounce? 90% of the time I'm going to be driving it when its empty, mostly need the bed to move random things around.

Daily reminder that if you don't drive a truck, you must be a cuck.

bump

I need to fix my 4x4 Comanche so I can stop thinking I want to keep this pos 2we.

Maybe check out the Tundras? You can get a lot more power than an F150 or Sierra (unless you go for the 6.2L

My trucks

Lol saw that thread too. A more correct stereotype for me is a city boy who wants to live elsewhere, and don't have enough money for newer trucks. First bike was a ninja 250, so I like sport bikes, but cafe bike are real popular where I live

Beautiful bullnose, user.

Thanks, 6.9 idi, t19, 4x4. Bought for $1900, I've done a bunch of work on it since

Disgusting

I don't care for the Tundra at all either, I think it looks retarded, and the price jump from the Tacoma to the Tundra is a bit extreme.

fine get a ranger

I've driven Rangers and I like them, but they can't tow anything bigger than a lawn mower.

Plus no crew cab.

do they make good DD's?

I'm btw

No 4x4 Rangers in the area?

Those are both fine trucks to DD, and you were saying it snows there a bit so you're gonna have to weigh the bed down to keep traction in the winter.

For instance
eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5639467904.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5637110032.html

Damn, what an ice truck.

Thanks Dad

they started it a few times. you can find it on YT.
i looked it up on YT, quite cool. ive seen ice sculptures irl and they take alot of time to metl. the first thing to melt on this was the cab.

too far for me desu.
i found this one tho

richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5629952029.html

perfect

that truck will last you the rest of your life with the 300 I6 and a manual.

Buy that shit over any Ranger

How do i into 4wd on my truck?

So once this vw diesel scandal is done I think I'm gonna use the buy back money to get a truck again, I have my eyes on a 98 ram, I've always been a gm guy so what would I be in for? I'll have money set aside for a new tranny since I know that's a common issue anything else to worry about? It has 148k pic related

what doesnt motivate me to get it is the hour long drive to get misled

It will be worth your time I promise you

Install transfer case, front axle, just about everything from a 4x4 that your truck doesn't have.

Read: sell and buy a 4wd one.

Whats there to be mislead on user? The truck looks really nice, sell has decent pictures and description with all the important info, price is maybe a little high, but he probably did that to leave room for negotiation like any good CLister would do.

Get some cash together and go out and take a look! An hour drive is nothing, stop making excuses!

but its so faaaaar.

it feels weird tho m8 coz im transitioning from a fwdhondabox

You'll grow to love that truck

It'll never let you down as long as you half assedly maintain it

>dirt? Fuck it
>off road? Shit nigga no big deal
>blankets & pillows in the bed for a qt
>tow shit whenever
>throw shit in the bed without a care
>4x4 like god intended for a truck

>no luxotruck
Get a fucking Escalade EXT. BAM! Luxo truck.

i'm still hesitant

well it's your money

I'm just trying to help m8

You'll outgrow a regular cab Ranger in no time at all

can i install a sikk loud exhaust in this truck?

Of course m7

youtu.be/vhoN5sgV7Us

youtu.be/BZxGQ079D8o

Non-Truckbro here.

Would like to buy a beater truck, as I'd like to be able to haul cars and shit. My first thought was an old suburban, but having owned one before I know the rear ends are made of fucking glass.

What would be a good truck to buy that'll stand up to hauling double it's weight pretty much exclusively? I'd only be using it to haul cars/other heavy shit. Not really interested in new, Just something I could find for under $3,000.

Should I go diesel or gasoline?

>reskinned Suburban with some of the roof cut off
>luxury
You can't even BEGIN to comprehend the quality of an actual luxury car. The sound dampening on a Rolls alone forms a dimension of differences to American plastic shitbarges. Worse yet, the EXT isn't available on the current gen where the interior looks somewhat decent, it's only available as a last gen model which literally is a plastic shitbarge full of parts bin pieces.

Give CL to scout

so this will be a perfect DD then? despite its age it wont fuck me or give me any suprises?

Not that guy but can a 20 year old I6 manual f150 actually tow anything substantial?

Yes, and the worst thing you will have to deal with is 90's Ford interior quality.

Define substantial

3500 lbs?

Oh, yeah no problem. I thought you were gonna say something like 10,000lbs lol

Lol nah like a 18-20 foot Boston Whaler.

youtu.be/RtYoliNWtg0

it better not fuck me m8

The trailer is in control of that truck desu.

bump

Tacoma for dat resale value

>Brand new

Truck stuff woo!
Side note: the used diesel pickup market is goddamn ridiculous right now, I got what I would consider a fair deal on this bastage but holy shit it cost me...

You're not doing bad, but not good.
I bought my 02 7.3 for 3k with 170k on it.
But i got a deal. Is she clean put up some pictures. Theyre solid nice trucks

>4k for a 20 yr old truck with a quarter million miles on it
Dat 7.3 tax is absurd

Rust and lots of it. Personally I'd spring for a 12v or 24v cummins.
I hate dodge but the cummins engine makes it worth owning one

>snow
Not an rwd

Canadian tire

>budget is 37k
>s10
You could probably buy every s10 left on the road for that money.

Replace the whole front end, it will be cheaper just to buy new truck.
4x4 conversions are only viable on full sized vans because they don't make most of those in 4wd

Everyone thinking that youre a douche since rams are the douchiest shit on the road. Glad to know you're ready to replace the trans though since chrysler trannies are garbage.

austin.craigslist.org/ctd/5656366910.html

450000 miles, $7k, 1999

fuck

Its not even that the 7.3l is that great, its good but the reason they cost so much is that the 6.0l that they replaced it with was total trash.

See
The resale value on used Tacomas is so high I might as well get a brand new one exactly how I want it. Which is DCLB TRD Off-Road in White.

I have yet to see a used one in that spec

I'd like a cummins my buddy has a 12v but they're out of my price range and relatively rust free ones are at a premium here.

I cant disagree with you on that but this is one of the nicest trucks in my price range, I'm having a hard time finding a regular cab v8. 2wd or 4wd,

I'm thinking about buying a GMC Canyon.

They're dirt cheap since people opt for full-sized pickups, and they only really sell base models for fleets. I can get an SLT (non-4wd, v6 or I4 non-Duramax) for $30k fully-loaded and probably even less.

Should I? I've been testing various cars, SUVs/crossovers, and trucks to replace my dead car since I have a few medical issues. It'd really the only vehicle I've found which is comfortable, rides soft, doesn't look like dogshit, fits my price range, and is easy to get in and out of.

>inb4 get a full-sized
While the Canyon is pretty big compared to old midsized trucks, it's nowhere as huge nor expensive as modern full-sized trucks. To get the little quality of life features I desire, I'm looking at a $40k-$50k full-sized.

Most threads I made end up devolving into >lol gm shitfests, so I'd rather ask people who drive trucks.

Here ya go man...

reno.craigslist.org/cto/5625646988.html

And only $4k.

Can't speak for the GMC badged product, but driven both Isuzu D-Max and Holden Colorados as workplace LVs and can confirm they're tough, well built pickups.
Only driven diesel variants, and prefer the effortless truck like Isuzu 3L, although the revvier 2.8 Duramax in the Holden variant has a proven track record (it's a VM Motori designed unit that's been available in Jeep products for years).

Any GM based on an Isuzu product is a safe bet.

I've been looking at Holden/Isuzu reviews since US market reviews are few and far between. So far they've been solid and reliable from what I've seen. I don't know how much changes from the base Isuzu/Holden to the US production version, but I can't imagine it's all that much different.

Is the step-up to the Duramax worth it? Personally I don't think I'd get that much use out of it, but it'd probably be nice if I ever decide to haul as I had planned before my ass decided to explode. It's easily a $5k price jump for the Duramax.

Mechanically and structurally the US Chevrolet/GMC is identical to the Holden product AFAIK, although you guys missed out on our ugly ass sheetmetal :P. I think our next Colorado facelift is going to the Chevy front end anyway.

While I'd only ever go a diesel for such vehicle (it's the only option we get anyway), it's cheaper in Aus to own a diesel 4x4 than it is an equivalent output gas variant. For your purposes as a fuss free daily driver though, the diesel would probably be an unecessary expense. Going by anecdotes from other people on this board, diesels cost at least as much in the long run in the US, although that can change from vehicle to vehicle.

If you ever needed to tow or haul the odd load, either gas option is capable and geared to do so anyway.

bump

Truck stuff

You're a big guy.