EVE Online General - /eog/

Previous thread: Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg

Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: Industrial arrays, drilling platforms
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/command-bursts Command Bursts (Warfare Link rework), Rorqual rework
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit

Past:
>Aug 20: Battle in SH1-6P, NC/PL smack CO2/TEST, 1.25t destroyed, ~300b more than Asakai but 9x less than B-R imgur.com/a/YhwzU
>Aug 13: soundcloud.com/orangeeagle/wh-csm-townhall-13aug2016
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/command-bursts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You fags can't even make a thread, holy shit.

Haha I can't wait for AT so we can finally know who is the best DDoSer and briber.

>Cucked Out

fucking ded thread

I'm rich now. What should I do?

send me isk

All the linkfags have ragequit

I might actually train for the command destroyers now because of these cool new links even thought it's kind of gimmicky

I look forward to drake fleets crashing nodes when they all spam their boosters

>le funny drake meme

>that titan loss

how long do you think until snuff collapses

Command dessies were already running on grid links. Pontifex and magus are dank with frig logi and assorted gang of other small shit.

>he doesn't own several supers and titans to solo kill with a kestrel and become a reddit celebrity for 5 months

>implying kestrel would break shield reacharge of a super

hey /eog/ which one is best?

>javelin

Dread Op has already left. So not long.

OFFICIAL LIST OF WORST TYPES OF PLAYERS IN EVE:

1. Nullsec botters/ratters/mission runners
2. Highsec botters/ratters/mission runners
3. Nullbabby napfest blobbers
4. Lowsec 'elite' link-alt slave set pvpers
5. 'hisec pvp'
6. Miners
7. Industrialists
8. Traders
9. Scammers

9001. Honorabru solo roamers

90001. Small gang NPC sov nullsec/lowsec

900001. C5-6 WH pvpers

join fweddit

I don't know about those two fits, but hml is better than ham

the rlml one

>using medium missiles
>ever

>le shitter meme

>everything I don't like is a meme meme

yeah you're a meme

I am the last of the memes.

You should take good care of me.

did all the t3dfags biomass irl yet

They should do off-peak rewards. I got up this morning to no thread and this.

>yfw going through black rise asking known linkfags if I should train links

So, why can't we balance T3Ds with price? Just make them like 100M?

>tfw link alt, but I don't make enough ISK or RL money to justify PLEXing it

>it's not fair, ccp should reimburse SP ;_;

Lel

why would we want to? balancing them by actually balancing them seems better to me. hecate is not worth 100m

Then don't make it that? Nobody talks about the hecate being super OP, literally just the Svipul.

>balancing them by actually balancing them
They get a niche mechanic, and it should be fun. There was the idea that a switch should happen at the end of the CD, but that doesn't sound as interesting to fly. What else even is there except nerfing damage and other mode benefits..

>tfw memed

so instead of ever fixing anything, you just want to increase the production cost and make fat isk off your pile of svipuls

>What else even is there

yeah, actually fixing it is what else there is. you take the things that are broken and make them not broken

>what is self destruct

It's broken because it's cheap, powerful, and flown more than anything else. Can fix one or both, but you're not actually suggesting anything to fix their power.

Hey /eog/

I'm not too good at fitting, and I have a type of ship that I want, and I would really appreciate help with understanding the best modules to fit for my scenario.

I want to fit a 50MN MWD to a slasher. Is this possible with powergrid enhancing modules & rigs?

I basically want the fastest tackle frigate in all of new eden. Please disregard price and sensibility, I just want to see that fastest I can possibly go.

why do I need to? there's plenty of ways to fix their power. are you thinking it's too difficult to fix it that way?

Aren't Atrons faster than Slashers?

And keep it fun? Maybe. And keep its PvE potential in line with what the ship should be? IDK.

It's obviously not an issue just making it expensive though. Done.

Does it have to be a T1 frigate?

Some pirate frigs are way faster

There are a bunch of threads posted over the game's life discussing this.

>fun

see this is the point where you've revealed that you're probably retarded

No clue, I'm a total noob.

Nah, it can be anything. This is more of a fitting exercise to me than a real ship I want to make (because I haven't trained enough skills to go really fast, and cant afford the better ships anyways).
Which special ships go really fast and can fit a 50mn mwd?

I'll look for them, thanks for the tip

M8, I'm also posting about how frigate through cruiser speeds should be normalized. There's this thing where you can either rebut it / improve the conversation or not.

yeah that's fucking dumb you know, if you're saying there shouldn't be good mobility differences between ship classes

>it's a 'newbie wants to be a bounty hunter' episode
>it's a 'newbie wants to go fast' episode
>it's a 'newbie wants to land on planets' episode

Not an argument. "The game should be fast, not arbitrarily designed."

I didn't say fast. I said mobility differences between ship classes.

>is SC still vaporware?
Sorta. It's not an MMO yet.

I'm saying fast. You're giving no reasons for your class differences idea.

There's no reason to make AB ships go 500m/s. That's not fun. What's posted in the other thread, AB speeds around 2000-2400 and MWD speeds between 2400-3400, smaller ships still being faster?

Here you go

If you want an actual viable one then you're probably shit out of luck because that 50mn mwd eats up just about all the PG on any frigate.

And before you start meme'ing >punisher, this fit is faster than a dramiel with a 50mn

my reasons for my idea?

it's how the game was intended to work before they fucked it up. you have small ships right, and they go fast and have less durability

>That's not fun

why is it not fun?

and in your shit, what exactly would be the point of using mwd? a module that uses more fitting, gives you a capacitor penalty, uses lots of capacitor, and gives you a sig penalty, and can be disabled with a warp scrambler. you think being just very slightly faster would be good enough reason?

Are you perchance the same user who wants resistance penetration ammo and the one who argues that no sp would make eve a better game?

>been unsubed for like 6 months now
>start getting the eve itch again
>remember that every single person I've interacted with in the game hates my fucking guts except for people in the bringing solo back channel maybe
>I have a history of corp theft and corp drama now too
What the fuck do I do now?

Everything should be slow. Every ship, with an exception of maybe, but just maybe frigates should have to dedicate itself to a fight.

Eve should go for point blank brawl range.

why are you associating slowness with short range stuff

Extract your skills, start a new character and inject.

Or buy one from the character bazaar.

Maybe buy your own character yourself so you can tell people that you had no idea that he used to be a corp thief.

There should be a DPS counter.

>why is it not fun?
Because it's not mobile, duh. There's a ginormous contrast between frigate MWDs and cruiser ABs, and that's not how it should be.

>why use an MWD
Because it would still be faster. The point is that cruisers, and overall this whole scram web meme, is really overplayed for a game that should probably be featuring some innovation.

>resistance penetration ammo
Is this a joke?

>le contrarianism

>le

r/eve shill please go

>Is this a joke
Newfag confirmed.

Why should anyone take you seriously now?

>it's not mobile, duh

do you realise that fast and slow are just relative to other things?

if you make everything faster, relative to each other everything is exactly the same. all you're doing is fucking up damage application and damage mitigation for no reason

>this whole scram web meme is overplayed

what does this shit mean exactly? if you want to make it harder to tackle stuff then why not just say so and explain why, instead of proposing ass retarded game breaking shit

That costs way too much fucking isk.

It's not even just the corp theft thing. A lot of corps will take corp thiefs. It's that I stole from the newbie hanger for the sake of petty revenge.

>do you support this meme that always gets posted
I could ask again, but you don't seem very friendly.

>to tackle stuff
You can't do that without redesigning ship speeds or inventing a new module.

It'd be nice though if piloting required more skill than turning on scrams and webs and hitting orbit (because at 250m/s, manual piloting isn't to much effect anyway).

>It's that I stole from the newbie hanger for the sake of petty revenge.
I know who you are. Kindly biomass yourself irl.

are you unironically implying that brawlers are too powerful, or are you rightly complaining about tackle range bonuse faggotry?

lmao @ the former

lmao this is why I can never play this game again. But still it's tempting. Spaceships are cool.

Brawlers aren't meta, and they aren't fun, because getting blobbed because you can't move isn't complex or skill-based. Scram web is a shallow mechanic.

most retarded post I've read in several minutes, I don't even know where to start with this one

the part about something not being 'skill based' especially upset me

>brawlers aren't fun

>Brawlers aren't meta, and they aren't fun
Nullbabber kindly get out

>digital booster
Theres no reason for that anymore.

whatever m8 I just picked the lowest pg, I didn't look at the name

Benji?

>bringing solo back

>yfw all the linkfags claiming that solo will be dead now
>yfw they think using alts is solo

It's hilarious that you think that's the most dogface worthy element of my history. I guarantee you I'm the most autistic person ITT.

Holy shit links are RIP?

I should resub if for no other reason than to give CCP more money.

When I first started playing, there was this like Chinese dude flying dual-rep Incursuses. I should make videos.

community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/command-bursts/

HELL
FUCKING
YES

I remember him. he was doing dual rep with rails and would only ever use t2 ammo. I tried to get him to be better, I don't know if he understood or cared

>tfw japanese honorabru solo roamer will never roam again

>tfw no item to make Tama gate guns stronger

>Fozziesov would be fine if Entosising generated KMs
Except nobody's actually losing any money.

>tfw you are fozzie
>tfw people on /eog/ are actually tsundere for you

>armor pilgrim

>implications
If so bold, post proof and have an actual discussion.

>implying foozie knows what tsundere is

>implying devs would ever go here

>that one guy who believes than a dev wouldn't shitpost on /eog/

How do I remove garmurs?

smartbomb bs on gate

>raven autist bought another skin for another trash ship
lmao

>fotm shitter can't afford even cheap skins