New drift/tuner car

ok, so im between building a Mazda RX-8, Subaru BRZ or a Nissan 350/370Z. obviously the rx8 is going to be the cheapest route, but that wankel engine sounds unreliable at best. the BRZ is by far the most desirable to me, but i wouldn't be able to buy it outright and therefor, i couldn't mod it for at least 3 years. so, that may be out do to expense. the 350/370z is probably the least desirable simply because i don't know enough about it and it's kinda expensive, not terribly, but enough to intimidate. help me out. i want something fast that corners well and i don't want to spend more than 17,000.

>spending more than 7k total on a """"""""""drift""""""""""""""" car
If you want something you can build go for the 350z lots of aftermarket for it.

Or if ones in your area that's been relatively unmolested, get a 300zx or a silvia. Those are famous dorito platforms.

Drifting in a new car is a good way to lose all the money invested in it. Buy cheap and replaceable.

yeah, i was looking at some of the 300zx's and there's a silvia actually right outside my apartment for sale, i just really hate cars that look like boxes almost anything that came out in the 80's and 90's was just an atrocity. im sure i'll get hate for that.

why not S14 then

it doesnt look like a box

finding one near me would be hard. finding one in general actually.

That year camaro is disgusting. I know because i owned one.

>using a nissan S chassis for a drift car
>2016
It's like you want to pay out the ass for a car you're going to crash anyway.

$3,000 for a S14 is cheaper than any of his other options

hell its cheaper than any other car itt

>$3,000 for a S14 with no engine, lots of body damage, and rusted frame rails is cheaper than any of his other options
FTFY

why are american carfags the most retarded in the world?

I can get a running S14 for $2000
SR20DET swapped for about 5-7k
and LS1 swapped for around 10k

>rx8 is cheapest
any rx is hardly the cheapest route, shit's gonna eat so much fuel you'll think its leaking

My vote goes for the 350z. its the fastest and more reliable than the rx8. if its going to be a drift/track car you can find rebuilts for 5k and high mileage ones for around 7k.

Trying to find any S13 or S14 in driveable condition in America is near impossible. Even $3k cars have no engine and lots of rust. Before drifting became popular, no one wanted them and you could find them for under 1k in mint condition.

Im in America

I looked at my CL to get those prices

Stock looks light-years better than that mess

You can do an LS swap for under 5k if you use the Vortec truck engines.

>someone did something to their car I don't like!

or for 9k get a LS1/T56 swapped S14 thats already been built?

seriously its a better idea to buy a preswapped car