15 cards to avoid by (((Forbes)))

>15 cards to avoid by (((Forbes)))
>shits on all murican companies and nissan
>shills hard for kraut cars

what a crock of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/
deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_table&u=http://www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, up to the second point it is correct. American cars really are disposable heaps of shit.

o sheet forgot link

www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/

For the most part the list is correct, a lot of Dodge/Jeep trash heaps.

yeah because american cars are garbage. soon you all will get this.

deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_table&u=http://www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/

But the cars they tell you to avoid are shit, user.

>shitty American cars get called shit
What's the problem here?

They're right though. Very few current American cars are good. German cars are still hard to beat if you've got the money and you don't buy base model wannabe rich crap.

give one example of a (good) new german car

>mfw almost everyone I meet shits on Nissans when they are as reliable, or more reliable than toyotas, and are fraction of the price

yeah, modern nissan is kind of shit, but nissans like pre 2005 are god tier

>but nissans like pre 2005 are god tier

sure thing bro

I see nothing wrong with this list, tbqh.

I disagree with fiesta, however I don't own one and probably got shilled by Fatt Farrah on it.

>sr20de, ka24de, vg30e, vq35de, rb26dett,
>some of the greatest motors ever produced

*vg33e

They reviewed the one with an i3 engine

Well let's break the list down

>Acura RLX
Overpriced and far behind other cars in that segment

>Caddy ATS
Only worth it if you get the -V, standard ATS is outclassed by both the 3 series and the C class

>Chrysler 200
Chrysler build quality, Chrysler long term reliability, again competes in a segment with vehicles that are far better choices

>Suburban
This one is questionable because the article just shits on it for being a huge SUV and terrible depreciation

>Dodge Journey
Sold enough of these things to completely agree, they are absolutely fucking awful. Again, Chrysler build quality and reliability, sold as a minivan for people who don't want to actually buy a minivan

>Ford Fiesta
I can see how Forbes would put it on list because of how many people who have had issues with the automatic gearboxes, again, outside a manual/ST version, I get why it gets shit on

>Ford Focus
Same deal as the Fiesta

>Dodge Dart
Again, have sold tons of these, complete rental car tier vehicle, typical awful FCA build quality and reliability

>Infiniti Q50
Again, another car that just isn't as good as the cars in segment that it competes against

>Jeep Cherokee, Compass, & Patriot
More rental car tier FCA garbage. More of the same with terrible FCA build quality and reliability, cars built to appeal to the mall crawler crowd using the Jeep badge

>Nissan pathfinder
Again, I agree, the new pathfinder has fallen far away from the truck based SUV that it used to be, no longer does things as good/better than other vehicles it competes against at the same price bracket

To sum up:

-Fiesta and Focus get shit on because the mass market slushbox versions WERE terrible
-FCA continues to be shit and Jeep continues to sell rental car tier vehicles using the badge
-Caddy does great work IF you stick to V division cars
-Nissan has stopped giving a shit and just focuses on sales numbers

> as reliable as Toyota
That's funny
> or more reliable
Go crash your 350z into a wall and do this board a favor

>>Suburban
>This one is questionable because the article just shits on it for being a huge SUV and terrible depreciation

They also hit on it for being overpriced and underpowered.

> ka
> vg
> sr20 vs 4g63
> rb25 vs 2jz

my dads advice to me for buying my first car was literally 1) never buy a car that smells bad 2) never buy an american car 3) try to avoid nissan

>Nissans when they are as reliable, or more reliable than toyotas

I guess I wasn't using those sides for anything...

Eh, underpowered is fair. It's about as overpriced as any other large SUV/large truck is today though.

>3 series and the C class
For post 2012 and on cars I have to disagree; the F30 is a numb, problematic pile of shit and the C class has fallen from grace. Conversely Cadillac has REALLY stepped it up with their current lineup.

You also have to keep in mind the ATS is more performance/luxury whereas the C class is just luxury

>comparing an rb25 to a 2jz
>not a 1jz

Lel. An rb25 would eat the respecting year 1jz every time. 2jz and rb26 are a more reasonable competitor.

SR20 are shite though unless you put a VE head on them and forge them.

Fuck, got cut off
>standard ATS is outclassed by both the 3 series and the C class

>C class has fallen from grace

Would disagree with you on that. My mom has a 2014 C 300 4matic and it's fantastic. The new gen c class is even better. Haven't messed around enough in a F30 BMW to have a real opinion so I'll leave that to others, but I HAVE mess around with several non-V ATS's and they just....boring. It's too compromised, and Caddy still hasn't really figured out how to do a luxury interior

>mostly FCA shit

Speed street or whatever the youtubers name was had a Hellcat and sold it. Had a shit load of warranty work that had to be done within the first year of ownership

>m-muh electronics is all!

Nah he had to have a new flywheel and pressure plate installed. I think he lost a fuel pump as well and some other rather serious issues

Eh, to me the C class is now just trying to be SUCH FUTURISTIC MUCH WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE SHINY SURFACES AND SCREENS rather than just trying to be comfortable.

We took my mom's C300 on a 9 hour road trip down to the beach and it was comfy as fuck. Haven't been in a new gen C class long enough to be able to say anything beyond 15-30 min test drive, but I can't see it being any less comfy

I don't like Mercedes move to turn the infotainment system into a tablet glued to the dash though, I think the old in dash display looked way better. But Caddy isn't doing the ATS any favors with its interior either....

Audi s4

I meant more or less I just REALLY am turned off by the aforementioned caps locked text. I know it's subjective but it doesn't FEEL comfy as in it's just not an interior I would like to be in.

Cadillac can at least get away on the interior given the performance orientation

Are you still salty your piece of shit isn't better than a Z?

is your dad a faggot?

Pretty much the entire sedan and coupe lineup of Mercedes, Audi, and BMW. If you think otherwise then you're blinding yourself because you're a fanboy. Companies like BMW are troubled and they haven't been living up to their enthusiast friendly past, but they still make good cars for the average consumer. The only company that can even complete is Lexus, which basically does the same thing Germans do just with some cheaper materials and uglier lights, granted at a much lower cost.

Does it sound like the advice you gave your son?

>forbes

the main reader are pseudo richfags, no wonder they will tell them to get german garbage

>Conversely Cadillac has REALLY stepped it up with their current lineup.
Cadillac's current lineup is a nightmare. There is no reason for the horrid XTS to still be sold alongside the CT6. The Escalade is a reliability nightmare. The ATS and CTS cut corners in infotainment and instrument cluster. They still have three naming conventions with the Escalade being a real name, the german CT# or XT# style and the _TS style.

>sr20
>shit
Cheap, aftermarket support like nobody's business, decent economy in stock form, easy to work on, parts are cheap, known problems are easily fixed, light-ish, compact.
Also, thinking you can just slap a VE head on any other sr20 block is stupid. Nissan made 3 different sr20 blocks, the fwd ones, the VE ones, and the rwd, de and det ones. Git gud scrub.