/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/jMVNxNSX

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Vitamin got leaked, allowing piracy. Note that this version of Vitamin isn't complete, some games don't work. mediafire.com/download/1wc4r6e15lxvjvq/vitamin-omega.vpk Games: pastebin.com/L83uL4iR
-TheFlow0 says he will release the newer, more compatible version of Vitamin twitter.com/theflow0/status/770493405948481536
-HENkaku release 3 is out, enables spoofing for PSN access, update blocking, and more. henkaku.xyz
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

>page 5

Fuck off.

First for /vitagen/ is DEAD

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to prevent people from using the outdated Vita links like they did for the past two threads.

Christ I remember that picture. How long ago was that? Three years? Four years?

YOU KNOW WHY SOME DUMPS DOESN'T WORK? FIRST:

CHECK ux0:app/[TITLEID]/sce_module/

DO CHECK THE CONTENTS OF THAT FOLDER ON YOUR **LEGIT** GAMES. YOU EITHER SEE 4-6 .suprx FILES RIGHT? THOSE ARE MODULES/PLUGINS THAT THE EBOOT NEEDS TO RUN, AND VITAMIN INFORCES THAT THE EBOOT USES steroid.suprx INSTEAD OF THOSE MODULES. THAT'S WHY EVEN IF VITAMIN GETS AN OFFICIAL RELEASE, THE GAMES THAT HAVE BEEN DUMPED NOW WON'T WORK DUE TO THEM NEEDING THOSE PLUGINS THAT VITAMIN HAD REMOVED.

TAKE THOSE PLUGINS AS DEPENDENCIES THAT A GAME NEEDS. THE CHINESE DIDN'T REMOVE THOSE THAT'S WHY THEY CAN ACHIEVE A 1:1 DUMP AND A RUNNING ONE TOO.

CHINESE > VITAMIN... DEAL WITH IT!!!!

sorry for the caps.

You could have just wrote "stop using the shitty broken beta dumper"

Can you please stop putting the Games link like that? It kind of blends in like a really run on line.

so assuming this is true modifying vitamin to include those files would fix it?

UMvC3 dump?

Nah, beta or the official one, the nonworking games will still remain as-is. Nothing will change.

And you still didn't change
>Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
to
>Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)

How about you learn how to use a mouse instead? You should have figured it out by now. Or, you know, go to Veeky Forums's settings and turn links on.

We don't have direct kernel access in a capacity that's been made available generally to devs yet.

probably this. the alleged 'official release' most likely has a progress bar or some other pointless shit but no improvements that actually matter

Assuming that you remove the entire point of steroids.suprx and plainly just dump the eboot.bin and those modules, the way how the chinese do it, then yes.

So what if new dumps of the same games are made with the official vitamin?

Just wanted to say thanks again to the guy who dumped Amagami. Once I finish Photo Kano I might go replay Amagami in a normal fucking resolution.

Going to be glorious after playing the PSP version.

It's a clusterfuck, pure and simple.

IF the new "Vitamin" had "PERFECTLY" emulated all the functions of those modules then I rest my case, the games will work, but if it didn't then no, the games will remain unplayable.

Damn this place has changed a lot since Ironhax/emunand days.

I still remember thinking we would get IOSU for Christmas then we got a9lh reveal/downgrading and 3DS really became the new PSP.

Good luck Vita scene

Double click on "http" and move the mouse until you get to the end of the link. It's easy.
And if you're too dumb to perform such a simple task, turn links on, which you should already have since in order to open links without it you NEED to select them like that. It's not hard, it's just you not being able to figure out how text selection works.

so is there a better alternative to filezilla ftp,

the transfer speed is slow as shit (80kbs) I use a usb wireless stick

any suggestions? pls ;_;

Np, can you dump Photo Kano?
Or is it up already.

Request for Injustice Gods among us

pls ty

who leecher master race here

>not wasting hours dumping games only to get errors
>only downloading games other people have already tested

The complaint has nothing to do with that, just it being a mess.

WinSCP

USB transfer via Qcma

YS8 dump when?

Guess im confuse about something.

I got the 1.06 EU update for Muramasa and extracted the content inside the games file. But when i boot the game and check for updates it still says ver 1.00 and still ask for an update.

What do? Update is decrypted

I'm still on 3.52. If it isn't up in a week or so I'll be sure to upload it.

My small contribution.

How is it a mess? There's no reason to have a new line just for a link, it's pointless.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Someone tried to dump the physical yesterday but it didn't work. Possibly not decryptable at this point.

Someone else tried US and i tried EU/AU Digital, both didnt work.
When i wake up assuming, Vitamin 1.0 is out, ill try again.

No DLC and i've got lol australian upload speed, but ill pay my dues in hope someone will upload Kamen Rider Battride War.

I can't wait until you cuck my games too, user. I've been thinking of going out and actually buying some games since I've been making money on my store.

How open is the vita to emulation now that we have decrypted vpks?

Virtue Last Reward when pls

Is it feasible

Or they didn't know what they're doin'

tried it, also gives me only just 90kbs

holy shit will try, so I don't need molecule to do this, thanks for the suggestions guys

on the sidenote are these slow speed for a wlan transfer really normal it doesn't make any sense desu

The very least you can do if you're going to be a nazi about making every single thread is consider feedback.

Nothing has changed there.

is there any way to install psx or psp games on vita?

Zero Time Dilemma when..

I'll dump it once i get my new vitamins.

I hope that is the case but Vitamin really isn't very hard to use.

Dependant race you mean.

I don't make every single thread and I do take feedback in consideration. You're just complaining over literally nothing.

please test disgaea 4

at this point, i'm unsure if this is just a meme and people are blueballing disgaea-fags

Stupid question but I'm confused.

I followed the Ultimate Retards guide for my 3DS last year and I'm running menuhax to launch Luma3DS currently.

I want to do A9LH now. If I set the HBL.3dsx file as boot.3dsx and then run Decrypt9 it'll count as sysNand or emunand?

How can I successfully run HBL > Decrypt9 in sysnand without the SD card on?
I'm on 9.2

Is a second account necessary? Can you transfer saves to your main account for trophies?

Or the fact that the leaked version cant dump shit that uses too much ram like Uncharted or UMvC3

Photo Kano had been uploaded

tfw no shiren dump

already dumped tachifam

would cuck your games any day

somebody make a microsd card adapter yet?

I dont want to pay the soul of my first born daughter to buy a vita memory card.

Link? It's not in the pastebin.

Spoonfeed me senpai.

Does it work?

only on old firmwares

So, I'm on 9.2 and went to do more 3DS stuff but Plailect's guide has changed. The last thing I did on the old guide was the EmuNAND stuff (Part 3). Where do I go from here with the new guide?

Check last thread

What's the first game I should try to dump, user-sama?

>namefag EOP

Well what do you know.

It's launched by menuhax so it's sysnand, and you're good to do. To make it even clearer, you can't even launch D9 on 9.3+

You can even launch from Luma's chainloader if you want, it's still sysnand

Does Gravity Rush not work past chapter 2 still?

for now ;)

Thank you.

no

Can someone help me out? I am trying to extract the database files for some of these games to see if I can't get a translation going but I keep getting errors. I know it's possible but I am not very good with computers.

I wish to tl Kantai Colle kai.

Has anyone tried the MGS HD Collection dumped on Leddit? Did it work?

Don't expect it to work anytime soon.

The mega link for Disgaea 3 in the OP pastebin is dead.

>HD Collection
You'll have to wait for someone to dump 2 and 3 individually. Multi .eboots dont work.

W-Why not?

I tried the one that was posted on the pastebin, and it didn't work. Error 0xFFFFFF or something.

Nishishi best girl

Anyone having issues with the Blood Drive VPK? Won't transfer over for some reason.

I know more than English, I'm just too lazy to use anything else.

AGAIN, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A GAME THAT USES "TOO MUCH" RAM. IF YOU OBSERVE IT CLOSELY, THE PROGRAM HANDLES THE PFS DECRIPTION AT A DIFFERENT PROGRAM I.E THE PARTY APP THEREFORE SEPARATING THAT PROCESS IN A DIFFERENT THREAD TO ISOLATE THE RAM USAGE.

AFTER WHICH VITAMIN THEN LOADS THE EBOOT.BIN AND THE MODULES INTO THE RAM AND STOPS THERE. NOTHING MORE, THEN DUMPS IT. JUST REMOVE CERTAIN KEYS ON THE app.db AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO.

MOST OF YOU ARE DISILLUSIONED BY THIS "HIGH RAM" TREND. SET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Anyone having a similar error?
I can't remember the details of top pic, but it happened after dumping GR.
Middle pic was just a few minutes ago. I deleted the bubble I had on the Vita and then put the physical cartridge. I have no idea why Morphine is there.
Last pic was after transferring the save file from the PC. I have no idea what's going on. I wouldn't mind losing GR save files, since I can always do a marathon again, but I'd like to have some feedback.

Also, nothing of the sort happened after dumping Rayman Origins. I can play the game fine with no problems.

I don't want chink malware, is there a mirror yet?

>xanadu gets decrypted
>idiots rush to dump their games
>waste their entire day dumping them
>vitamin beta gets leaked
>they have to dump their games again because the games they dumped before won't work
>waste entire day dumping their games
>multiple idiots dumping the same game
>vitamin finally gets a release date
>idiots will have to dump their games for the third time again

This is too good to be real. Impatient people should just suffer.

Akane and the MC are the mastermind/Zero
Tenmyoji is Junpei
Luna is a robot
They're on the moon

Im just going off what the consensus was when this shit went down, i didnt look into it any further.

If you know how the process works, explain why certain not-multi .eboot games arent working. I'd like to be informed like you, senpai.

You or something fucked up. Transfer your GR files from your pc to your vita. Open vitashell and FTP your way to ux0:/user/00/savedata/ or something like that. Back up your GR save to your computer, delete everything and do a clean install and then restore your save. That worked for me anyways.

Some games don't enable you to run apps in parallel, that's the issue.

Wait I don't remember that pic and I'm pretty sure I got all endings and the plat trophy.

So how do we dump the other plugins nigger

jokes on you i read spoilers before playing a game

don't worry, it's non-canon anyways :^)

it's END or BEGINNING

Alright, I'm a bit confused by the wording on this page. My 3DS firmware is 9.2.0-20E.

Which one of these am I meant to install? I have an old 3DS, by the way.

what is crossplay?
is it the same as remote play?

It's in epilogue when Akane explains the plot of ztd.

That guy is a moron, don't worry user.
Sigma is Zero.

Homebrew launcher (browser)

Homebrew Launcher via Browser.