Picked up a new shitbox today, Veeky Forums, what do you think?

Picked up a new shitbox today, Veeky Forums, what do you think?
>Interior is great, all original
>Everything works fine
>Collage-student-tier Tremclad paint job
>Only rust appears to be a bit of wafering at the rear left extreme back
>Only the third owner, respectably low kms, even has the original BoS from when the owner bought it in '83
>Power steering is for chumps

Nice, looks pretty good. Change all the fluids on it, and check the timing belt.

Good econobox, just don't be that douche who constantly benchraces and spams "HURR DURR FWD IS JUST AS GOOD AS RWD RWD KEKS BTFO XDDD" like every fucking Honda owner on here does.

That'll be my first step.
>Flush everything, new fluids
>New belts if necessary
>New, non-shit rims and tires
>Make sure nothing else mechanical is required
>Simple paint job
And then I can see what I can do about getting some more power under the hood.

Change the tires if they really need it, there's no need for new "rims" you fucking douchebag

the original steelies are nice

also

>Collage-student

identifying degenerates 101 here kids

Looks sweet, probably great fule milage too.

Was my 1st car also. 83 accord steel wheels with chrome ring look better and cheap plus wider &still keep oem look. did it to mine.

but FWD is just as good

it's acceptable when the car doesn't weigh 3000 lbs

Why do you have to make every thread about drive trains

The 80s were a great time. Enjoy your masterpiece.

I owned an 81 Civic sedan & loved it, so much fun to drive.

Warning, don't do 90+ on the interstate for an extended period of time, engine will kaboom.

>No fun allowed : the post

Mph? I intend on using it as a DD, so 100km/h on the highway will be the norm, at least for 30-odd minutes one way.
The original steelies have also got a shitty silver Tremclad job on them. So, they get changed for something better.
Also, they're 12in right now, when they should be 13.
>An auto-corrected word means I'm a "degenerate"
Stall out in front of a train, please.

I personally think those are pretty bitchin. Good buy user

What color should I do it in? The Tremclad looks better in the photo than IRL, and red doesn't really match the interior. Black, maybe, and try to get the proper chrome trim?

I think the red looks good OP, other good colors for these cars are silver and white. I used to have an '82 wagon, Ioved that car so much. iirc usually got around 33 mpg with that thing. How about a pic of what is under the hood and the interior?

I think v ment mph

no

Wew lad what a beaut! My first car was an 83 civic hatch. My grandma had bought it off the floor when it was new and up until we donated it, it only amassed 120k miles. Loved how tiny they actually are, makes parking a breeze. Fond memories of it.

Of course, I'll take some when I get home from work.
Yes. Tires are the wrong size, rims are beat up with a shitty gloss silver spray bomb job.

Alright, under the hood. Check out that OEM operating room green color.

Interior. Sorry, I'm not a great photographer.

that looks really nice and i can tell you're happy so i gotta say im a bit jelly.

they do make a difference

What year OP?

Looks nice OP, restore the plastics and it'd look great.

Yeah, that needs to be done, too. Honestly, if I knew how, I'd do something like pic related.

You scored OP, take care of her and she will never let you down.

Like my old econobox

Oh, that looks goooood. I'm thinking metallic grey to go with the tan interior. Maybe add a turbo for shits and giggles.

OP where did you purchase it? I see next to no rust in that engine bay.

Honestly looks like a fun little car to drive. Can't imagine they do well on interstates though.

Bought it from a guy who had bought it from the original owner. It seems to me that it needs a cleaning and paint job more than anything, but we'll see. This weekend I'll be rolling it up on my ramps and I'll take a look underneath.

what kind of mpg do you get in that little fella?

Lucky you. I have never even seen one

FWD vs RWD is like V6 vs V8

Some FWD cars are better than some RWD cars and might even come with perks to make up for their shit drivetrain, but if you took two equivalent cars and only changed the drivetrain, the RWD car would win. Sure, you get some practical perks, like mpgees with a V6 and shit-weather handling with FWD, but the RWD car would win the race.

Haven't tested it yet. Just filled it, so we'll see.

And the sun is cold, see I can post blatantly incorrect things too.

why is there an electrical plug sticking out the front grill?

For winter. Oil pan warmer, most likely. My old shitbox Lada had one.

Don't DD in this. You'll die if anything made past 1997 runs into you.

is this the only the old guy had on Kijiji Edmonton for like 2k?

grill?

Maybe. $1400, but I essentially got it for free, since I traded away some crap I had for that much that I didn't need.

Hah, no, not even for a price.