/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

This thread is claimed for the Southern Empire edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interview with Armagan : youtube.com/watch?v=cqYTjnnhf_c

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/uMbrCTdV

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.6
full version:
mega.nz/#!45wjBLLC!TvPDY-q1mWSkEEA3QVhpt3Tx-h93_-hz_UvHRULksw4
patch:
mega.nz/#!51gg0SAR!Ci61-zZGkSUmtZj4hGH6aeeyviA6VtjQFwrED1aLePY

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320418.msg7572433.html#msg7572433
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last three and I am going to bed

Made it in a hurry so they might have been things that got updated but didn't quote the OP on last thread.
If it is so, sorry

chinese can never win wars

Only between themselves

What if they fight other chinese.

>19th century
>still using bows
How retarded can they be?
That's the last one btw.
See you tommorow, my little fags

Which vanilla noble do you hate most, /mbg/? I hate Count Haringoth the most. Abrasive cunt.

So has anyone tried the cRPG standalone Of Kings and Men yet? I miss the hell out of cRPG and I'm tempted to go ahead and shell out for it, but I'm afraid of it running like wet dog turds on my toaster.

I have no idea why this still happens

tbf the bulk of fighting was done with infantry with matchlock muskets (rifles after reforms during the taiping rebellion)

>faster fire rate
>more ammo
>more accurate than guns

why not

turya

i don't know why osprey keeps drawing chinese troops barefoot
occasionally they would take off their shoes during sea or jungle operations but they should be wearing shoes and puttees in all other situations

Do you have any about the swiss or western europe during the 16 th century ?

Laruquen you fucking cunt how is it that the king gave you Grunwalder you sack of horseshite ?

Might be 17th century, not sure

Montewar by far. The little cunt would always have parties of 30 or less and would raid my villages. Then when I tried to pursue him, he would scram because I have a massive party. Then he would scurry back like a rat.

Vlandians best

Looks like first half of the 17th.
its good too. thanks.

i think the auxiliaries were bare foot since they were just skirmishers, i also think that's where the term, "fleet-footed" came from

>more ammo
>more accurate than guns
neither of these are true

Why aren't there any pic related helmets in Viking Conquest?

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

they weren't using those in the 9th century

>more ammo isn't true
20-30 arrows in the quiver is more than the standard 16 ammo the musketeers have
>more accurate than guns isn't true
ok, you got me there.

What about that Dynasty Warriors one?

They were true for the vast majority of firearm history.

Seriously. Firearms were good because they were cheap to make and even a retard could use them.

>you will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

Depends on the era.

I don't know exact years, but I recon it took until the 18th century for guns to have some advantage over bows. IIRC it's around that era that marksmen stop using crossbows and start using specially designed guns.

if you just compare the size of ammo you can hold a great deal more musket shot than arrows
not really, the bad accuracy was true for handgonnes and some matchlocks but when matchlock muskets were standardized the accuracy was comparable to bows or crossbows, not to mention there was rifling being done by the time the wheellock was invented
really the advantages of bows would be the rate of fire, the ease of materials in some cases (depends on the environment), and the fact bowyers had been around for centuries perfecting the bow, while firearms were still a relatively new technology

>tfw no steppe wife to /ss/ me

Why?

>steppe
>pure
everyone knows those horsefuckers are total sluts

because the VC team went all autismal and said anything that wasn't specifically mentioned in a 50 years timeframe didn't exist in the period so they didn't include it
that's why they didn't have any 2h axes

Yeah, that's true.

In defense of the bow (in real life), the bow can be used indirectly. Unlike in Warband where archers need line of sight, in real life you can just put archers behind your gunners, and let both groups shoot.

Styles change, all the Valsgarde helmets like that were dated to the 6th-7th centuries. Nobility were usually the trend-setters so it's possible nobles stopped commissioning helmets like that and the popular style changed accordingly.

>literally (and I do mean LITERALLY) no-one used two-handed axes in the 9th century
makes sense

then the forumites sperged out if anyone wanted anything not in the game and said retarded shit like "well you may as well add plate armor too!!!"

Which is dumb as fuck. Just because it wasn't common to use 2h axes, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

There are reports of warriors using twohanded "longswords" all the way in the early dark ages.

It wasn't something that was common. The fact that people mention it as something remarkable is enough evidence it was rare.

But it existed.

Same goes for 2h axes. There was bound to be at least one dude who said "Gee, I wonder what happens if I get rid of this woodsplitting axehead on my woodcutters axe, and put this waraxe head on top of the handle."

In fact, I imagine coming up with a 2h axe is easier than thinking "You know what, I wish my sword had an extra long hilt so I could use two hands instead of one to swing."

for some reason they were under the impression that when anyone said two handed axes they meant danish axes, which may have existed in the period
but that doesn't make any sense as to why they didn't add ANY two handed axes till reforged, and even then they're both player obtained only

Well there is one 2h axe in VC now. There's also those giant Irish swords.

There's something oddly glorious about those massive piles of bodies after a battle.

there is literally no battlefield scenario where you'd prefer two hand axes to a shield.
>"Yo, Sven, go charge this battallion of archers with this big axe!"
no.

>tfw taleworlds can never make a proper historical setting like the crusades or Roman times because it would be too hard to model the cities correctly

Battlefields are only a small aspect of the greater scope of combat.

>tfw you hire only Manhunters and their upgrades and skill into purely CHA + Prisoner management and you ride around and knock every outlaw you come across unconscious and sell them as galley slaves for insane profit, then you take the money and start an economical enterprise in every single town in Calradia and never ever get involved in politics, don't even stop and talk to lords, just watch the money roll in every week

like what? Arena fights? Drunken bar brawls? Go hunt a deer with that axe will you?

if that was true then nobody would have used two handed poleweapons

Forgot pic

Which one is the most fun Imperial Age SP module right now? Except for Carribean!
Calradia: Imperial Age?

I just had a crazy idea.

Remember Novas Aetas? Where over the course of the campaign, technology improves?

And it's really silly, with people going from 14th century technology to the fucking 18th century in a few years?

How about that system gets applied to some post-apocalyptic (scifi) shit?

You start out lobbing cans of napalm across city walls with scapmetal-reinforced wooden catapults as a scabby band of punks with kitchen knives and sewer lids storm the walls, and you end it with a (laser and railgun equiped) IFV dropping soldiers armed with assault rifles and carbines under a rain of mortars.

In such a scenario, technology radically improving within a few years or decades actually makes sense.

Probably Caribbean, unless you want to play an unfinished mod for some reason.

But the face covering mail looks useful though.

>Vendel period helmet
>"Viking" helm

Bannerlord when!?

but user, you forget

THE CLIMB IS ALL THERE IS

>tfw the last war to end the calradian unification is finally declared

AFTER CONSULTING WITH THE PEERS OF THE REALM, KING RAGNAR HAS DECIDED TO CONFER THIS THREAD UPON KING RAGNAR.

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

only the ladder is real

Reposting, swadians stronk

>"well you may as well add plate armor too!!!"
I am unreasonably upset now.

>People saying the sarranids are better haven't played in a while.

welp that's accurate
>playing native

But user, that's the meta

We'll from what I understand the lukes used to be better but they buffed the swadians in a patch.

Lukes are just cheap knights. Almost as good, much cheaper. It's like a budget cav force.

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320418.msg7572433.html#msg7572433
this faggot

>everyone knows those horsefuckers are total sluts

It's true. Once you've experienced horse pussy it is game over. You belong to the Khanate forever.

No no, user. I'm fine, thank you. Mildly simmering with rage is almost enjoyable, I don't want to ruin it with full blown hatred.

So what nationality are Swadians and Rhodoks supposed to be?
Swadians are France / Spain
Rhodoks are Italy
R-Right? These two always confuse me.

>So what nationality are Swadians and Rhodoks supposed to be?
Swadians and Rhodoks. It's not rocket science.

Swadia is Holy Roman Empire/France/Germany(Swabia) more or less
Rhodoks are Italy/France/Switzerland and it makes sense allegorically considering Italy/Switzerland's relationship with the HRE historically

But of course it's not a 1:1 thing

Rhodoks also have some Balkan elements and they certainly take elements from the Flemish (those crossbows and spiked clubs/goedendags are Flemish as fuck.)

Hey guise
Guise hey
Hey guise guess wat
Guise
What if
And stay with me on this
What if
What if the sarranids
Are based on
the saracens
Really makes you think

Oh yeah I forgot about those
Also makes sense with Swadia being France and Rhodoks being Flanders

What's the Balkan element though?

The Khergits are based on the Finns

what's balkan about the rhodoks

The Vaegirs are based on the Nords

Someone on the TW forums mentioned the names of some nobles, villages and castles having a Balkan vibe.

Whatever that means, I dunno. I don't know shit about the Balkan countries aside from that it's fun smoking weed with Bosnians and that it's very difficult to communicate with Serbian girls when you're high as fuck on ketamine.

Actually, the Nords are based on the Vaegirs.

The Vaegirs are the OG viking faction.

I need your absolute BEST peasant images and webums.

Bannerlord will have an amazing modding scene, oh my god just thinking of the potential of a Roman mod for Bannerlord makes me cum

Peasants?

fucking anime

So is Dickplomacy just a better Diplomacy with lewd stuff too?

Yes

oh god I left m&b on over night so now I have like an extra 18 hours on record that I never played

what about muh-home-defence?

full plate armored knights and men-at-arms in late 15th century would use things like poleaxes in battle since they didn't need a shield

That's because the halberd is superior to the 2H axe in every way

And can I use previous saves with Dickplomacy or do I need to start a new save?

no weapon is entirely better than another

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

But it's literally a 2H axe but with more functions, hence why literally everyone was using halberds before pike/shot

There's not really any advantage to an axe besides them being cheap to produce.

my germanistic nigga

I'm posting Stalin until we get a good Russian mod.

>Nords took Veluca