/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/50bksy/til_apple_made_a_psone_emulator_in_the_90s/
strawpoll.me/11118076
twitter.com/byuu_san/status/770695997647237120
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4zu5fc/some_ps1_games_look_great_with_cartoon_shading/
ravmn.cl/content/wads-wiiware-ntsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nerds take the Internet too seriously.

I love how SP just pops in sometimes and starts irrelevant rants about the evil of capitalism

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/50bksy/til_apple_made_a_psone_emulator_in_the_90s/

wait what the fuck this is still in development

Why do all the good projects have to be run by unbalanced and unstable people?

Where do I find that option?

Nevermind, it is already set on.

Nope, that's the Android version

cool hill

also how do i play this game all i can do is like whack things

strawpoll.me/11118076

My comrade

bsnes-mercury best girl

Why is there no bsnes-mercury-tan?

Capitalism is great until it makes you its next victim, brat. Supporting it after that requires you to be a sociopath.

Hi, SP

Someone in the last thread mentioned CD cache in mednafen would prevent shader stutter. Anything similar that I can try for pcsx2? Sometimes there seems to be some slowdown for the first few seconds of a round in soul calibur 3.

Why are you playing back a conversation from the previous thread?

where can i see the other emulator-tans

i guess nesticle would be like an edgy angsty teenager who plays doom

higan would always try to be just like her big sister snes

Higan would be fat and slow
She might do things right, but always in a convoluted ineffective way

So sorry me clansmen, but didya na' know tha' intersheeps actually ARE a might bit 'o serious consequence these days?

She's no jus' a toy anymore, geddit?

>Only SP can criticize capitalism.

topkek m80

You'd need a bunch like 8 gigs I guess of ram to disc cache PS2 games.

twitter.com/byuu_san/status/770695997647237120

>yfw Linux is too mainstream for byuu so he's using BSD

bsnes-mercury would try to help higan lose weight while still being able to do the same things but she refuses

That has nothing to do with shaders, and no.

I really like FreeBSD but the hardware support is too poor for desktop use unfortunately. I wouldn't use anything else for servers though.

ByuuOS when?

I sometimes wish FreeBSD had "made it" instead of Linux.

More people use BSD in their homes than Linux.
The PS4 uses FreeBSD

OSX is literally just BSD with some paint on it

Should I get a Dreamcast for emulation and also for DC games because Dreamcast emulation sucks cock?

OSX is Unix.
BSD is only based on Unix.

And yet more people use Linux on a variety of shitty devices.

There's also OS X as says, not to forget iDevices, which run a basterdized FreeBSD duct taped to a microkernel and are much more popular and widespread than the Sony devices could dream of.

And then we have this fucking idiot with absolutely no clue what he's talking about.

LOL, you really thought I was Alias Spider, SP?
I totally made up a fake story for the fun and you totally felt for it... awesome, never thought it would have worked but I guess we underestimated how much loonie you are.

>we

Who?

lol wat

>it was all an act

Curses, we've been bamboozled

wat

Yes.

we, the MAME team off course

Fuck off. We don't create drama, we just watch it and circlejerk about it.

Post private MAMEdev mailing list dramas or it didn't happen

You have to go back.

I would prefer not, I don't want that other loonie JD to hunt me down as he is likely wandering here and would likely be able to identify me from the drama I've kept in my mail box

it's not even remotely bad you can play the games just right

What's the reason then? I thought it was like dolphins shader stutter thing.

I've got a lot of ram.

i sware, doggo....

My N64 seems to have died and now I can't play the mystical magical ninja Go-eeee-man. How truly fucked am I?

That's not true, the kernel is completely different. OSX does use some of the BSD userland but that's it.

While I prefer FreeBSD over Linux distros from an architectural perspective let's not fool ourselves into thinking that those companies have been using FreeBSD over Linux based on their technical merits. It's only about the license. Many companies don't want to touch the GPL with a ten foot pole, especially for something as critical as a kernel.

Pretty sure it works on Dolphin

>Pretty sure it works on Dolphin
I want to play N64 and my N64 is broke, why are you talking about Dolphin? Explain.

Ok, I went and checked the VC N64 injection compatibility list. What a surprise, it's actually on there.

guess you were right or in your case "pretty sure"

How did he call it so well?

Dolphin can play VC games, and you can inject roms to play on the VC
Dolphin is much better than P64 or Mupen for the games it supports

itt best shaders
thanks mudlord

Why do people make joke shaders?

does anyone know of a real cel shader in retroarch

>Dolphin is much better than P64 or Mupen for the games it supports

Kek it can't even render the Vanish Cap right

You have to go back to /b/, where you /b/elong.

For what purpose? Pitting devs against each other with impersonation doesn't benefit us in any way

I've got an ez-flash iv on 1.77 for my gba. I can't get yoshis island to work, just a black screen. anyone know if there's a patched version floating around out there? preferably with the restored color pallet. thanks.

>>Veeky Forumshbg/

How conveniently non-specific and vague

is this supposed to be a joke

Turns any game into a poorly drawn MSPaint image

just a shit shader. Can be rewritten I guess.

What shader?

mudlord's toon shader

Probably only meant for high res 3D. Or meant to be used as part of a shader chain

pls do
i can't find any other cel shaders in retroarch
some games look really good like that when done right

You can't do cell shading "right" purely in post-processing though. It's a 3D thing.

Any day now.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4zu5fc/some_ps1_games_look_great_with_cartoon_shading/

Correct, you need information like light direction and normals.

Absolutely awful.

Vita emulator when

WHEN

It doesn't look quite as awful as I would've imagined but it's pretty far from real cell shading though. Looks like some edge detection thing coupled with higher contrast or something like that. The actual shading doesn't look anything like real cell shading though.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the mega with all the wiiware/vc games? I want to replay a few games but my wii just died.

Not me

yes, its more than just a edge detector + thick outlines, you can add stuff like light information to make it look nice. At least thats how GlideN64 works since in HLE you have the matrix and light information directly accessible.

Actually I've searched and found this

>ravmn.cl/content/wads-wiiware-ntsc

Is that what you were looking for?

I wonder if you could do that in the PSX by hooking into the GTE since you also have those matrices here. Could probably be attempted using something like icatbutler's GTE accuracy hack.

There's a torrent on Gazelle Games

>ravmn.cl/content/wads-wiiware-ntsc
Well its not the one i was looking for but it'll work, thanks man!

Shouldn't a 750Ti have no problems with 2x or even higher on DeSmuMe? It kinda shits itself on Dragon Quest IX. Works fine in other games although I think I can sense some slowdown in Mario Kart in certain places.

No problem

Holy shit I didn't know she is on reddit too

I think piracy is slowly coming to an end with so much centralization which will eventually be taken out in targeted DMCAs on the few sites left like emuparadise. What does this mean for emulation?

Is that really a she?

I don't think the gpu is ever the bottleneck with desmume.

Get a better cpu

Looks somewhat believable, unlike Fiora

yes

No

Not emuparadise

Please

That's not recaptcha, you retards.

have we seen her face yet?

Proof?

I'LL

THAT

BILL