Neptunia General #995 /nepgen/ - ReBirth 2 edition

Last thread : Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/mRbwC2ix

Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune in production. Platform and release date not yet announced.
gematsu.com/2017/04/first-four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-details

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls releasing in October 21th NA.

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies coming to Steam this Fall.
twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/7627106803461314352

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11118713
fanfiction.net/s/11769589/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beru thread please

Big Nep.

You know I really wanted to like this game. I still remember how hyped I was before the release. But I couldn't for some reason. I wouldn't call RB2 a bad game but it's nowhere near as good for me as RB1. Nepgear is one thing but RB2 is inferior in every aspect to RB1 except that now you have a 4 member party. Which is not much.

Spanking is okay.

And so is Rebirth 2.

>RB 2 edition
Can we skip this thread?

wow these threads run fast

>hetshitters like RB2
The shit taste.

Instead of saying "x is a bad game" or "y is a better game," let's just agree on this

>ReBirth 1 is for memes
>ReBirth 2 is for a serious RPG
>ReBirth 3 is a little bit of both

Remember: the true mark of a Neptunia fan is not how much of the franchise he has experienced firsthand, but rather how little.

How about Nowa thread?

But Onee-chan, I don't like Rebirth 2, therefore nobody should play it because I'm always right!

Reminder that the actual release order of the games is MK2(RB2) > V(RB3) > RB1 because Compile Heart was too lazy to actually remake the other two.

>shitposters were the best fans all along

Fucking Nepgear can't do anything right. She killed underling but didn't seal the deal by killing that fucking rat.

>>ReBirth 2 is for a serious RPG
>>serious RPG

"lets change the formula for out game because, as we all know, no other RPG is serious. The others are just for fun. lets stand out and make something no one else has"

If i wanted to play a serious RPG, id play one. Im here for laughs.

I want to spank Tiara.

RB4 for the Vita 2 when?

ReBirth 2 is for fighting Underling and Warechu a million times.

Okay so I'm looking at them now and I think this is about the other story and not the one I was talking about?

Asking again since it's a fresh thread, anyone got any fanfic recs? I need some neps to hold me off until 4GO.

>that shitty filename
>not Laughing TeethMcTeeth

RB3 doesn't really have both, though. What it has is it has one part of it that's dedicated entirely to seriousness, and another part that's dedicated entirely to memes. They aren't really integrated.

And frankly most of it is just memes with some bits of seriousness towards the start and the end.

After a lot of shitposting and asspain over either/both of the things you just mentioned

After FFF Vita.

Still waiting. Still waiting.

Overheat for grimdark and cute VertBlanc with an actual plot.

The Proposal for mindless Nepnowa with literally just them being together.

Disappointed to hear this.

I played the first one to death on the Vita and i absolutely loved it but seeing as i've only just started this one i can neither agree or disagree at this time so i'll just play through the game and decide for myself if it's any good but so far i really like it but then again i did play the original Hyperdimension Neptunia MK on PS3.

The problem with Nepgear is that she tends to play up her whole Girl Nextdoor ability to the point of where it ended up her going to the other Candidates, "Please be my friend, and help me save our sisters." The only thing I kind fo disliked about this is that Uni the tsundere that she is decided to turn her down outright, because of her Tsundere Training. Rom and Ram should of joined right then and there.... or at least just Rom since Nepgear was very polite and helpful to Rom though. Heck she even said she wanted to save the other CPUs but then they fight her as well. *sigh* This game kind of explains as to why there is a Conquest End here, especially when it takes 2 long chapters to obtain the Candiates.

Also, I kind of disliked the whole raising the shares to 50% to get the CPUs back, especially for Lowee Shares. I mean they are pratically non-existant or way too low to do anything. I just hope when I get the stuff to unlock the collseum and fights this will change things.

The second and third rebirths are just ports basically. Only the first one redid the story.

Wrong. Rebirth 2 added the Holy Sword ending.

.> mindless Nepnowa
Why do you even play Neptunia if you don't like Nepnowa? It's literally in every game, Noire has always liked Neptune and that's not gonna change. I advice don't recommend stuff you know shit about, it's depressing some faggot who doesn't even appreciate the pairing recommend the Proposal, which is the pinaccle of Nepnowa fanfics. Next time just shut the hell up and wait until I reply, yours replies aren't needed.

And now, my no. 1 qualm over the HDN series, the characters themselves. That's right, the characters themselves are bad Victory-wise. In Victory, oh God, how the characters change from the previous games. I mean, really, look at Neptune. In the first original game, she's the laidback fun-loving happy-go-lucky amnesiac airhead who is just over-energetic; in mk2, she's an irresponsible responsible sister to Nepgear while also pertaining some qualities of the first game. But in V, she's a total bitch who can't stop bitching about how the she's supposed to be the strongest because she's the main character and that the main character spot belongs to her and her only; no one can and will not take it away from her. And she's also VERY irresponsible towards her sister, Nepgear and outright rude to everybody too. In fact, she just outright dumped her and went with Plutia like SHE'S her sister. Also, she's the motherf**king mood-breaker in every f**king scene with her absolutely terrible stupidly-thought jokes that are not even funny or sarcastic in the slightest. In fact, she just ruins EVERY F**KING SCENE in the whole game. To be honest, I actually enjoyed watching cutscenes where she's not present. Why? Because her level of annoying-ness is over 9000000! At least her HDD form is still good. Wow, a lot of lines just for Neptune? And that's not even saying about the other characters.

>153387659
>shitposter doesn't even know how to greentext
You don't even deserve a (You).
Pathetic, truly pathetic.

I like memes, and Neptune.

The Nepgear plot with the candidates is literally just a rehash of the original game with Neptune going to get the CPUs to help her. That's why that part of the game drags and is so shitty and why is starts picking up almost as soon as you're past the other candidates being bitchy for no real reason.

Instead of addressing the complaints people had that the sisters were unlockables at the end of the first game they just did that plot over again with new characters and let the ones you recruited be mandatory.

holy sword is literally a shittier true ending taped onto conquest. the boss dialogues are even the same, just moved into a lazy rush format. felistella is the laziest company out there

>Shitposter doesn't even knows how to (You)
Wew, that's pathetic m9.

Nepgear is typical shounen hero. Retarded and "abloblobloblo uwaaah why am i so week?".
V Noire kinda fucks up all of MK2 Noires life by stealing both Neptune and Uni away from her, telling her she's shit.

the funny part is that nepgear is the only purple I don't hate.

I really don't understand why people have a problem with nepgear being the tsukkomi to the nep world's boke.

and I don't see "HURR BORING UNFUNNY NO TRAITS". I see "cute, diligent girl who's groove is consistently thrown off by the retards around her, but still tries to do her best".

neptune isn't funny. she's obnoxious. pururut, in being both a stoner and a psycho sadist, combines two kinds of people I can't stand into one giant blob of "fuck this shit, I'm outta here". uzume went to the slush pile the moment they designed her as "I SCREAM INTO A MEGAPHONE TO ATTACK".

well, I have to rephrase. in RB1, neptune was funny. but RB1 seems to have been made with an understanding of everything wrong with her in Mk2/V, and a desire to not have her be that bad. playing RB3... the only times anything I find funny involves neptune is when someone is applying maximum burn.
>loli IF: "now that I've ditched neptune's card I feel like I can actually win!"

Good for you, retard. You aren't the only person in the world. There are tons of nep fans like me who can appreciate serious as well as silly.

>hating Uzume

>There are tens of nep fans like me who can appreciate serious as well as silly.

Fixed that for ya, pal

I love Neptune!

I got to Anor Londo and was tired of how annoying it was.
I loved the game at first, I was so hyper when I finally got the disc and put it inside the PS3.
A few hours later I didn't have any other reaction then "What the fuck?".
It's not even a bad game, it's just so boring, and not exactly challenging unless you decide to go full autism checking for every small spot and crack to avoid shit in.
I never turned human either way, unless it was for Kindling.

People who feel this way should not play Neptunia games.

>I got to Anor Londo and was tired of how annoying it was.
Confirmed for being bad at games.

They both look like they have plots though?

I love you Neptune user!

Ignore him please, anyone who calls Nepnowa "mindless" doesn't deserve attention.

That is just what the tripfag who is defending nepgear said. You can take off the trip, but you still have tell, Komeiji !!x3STzMfD3PQ, you fucking retard.

The plot in the Proposal is minimal. 80% of the story are mindless Nepnoway "cute" moments.
Nepgear being in a coma, Lowee and Leanbox losing a lot of shares due to Lastation and Planeptune allying are not mentioned that often, despite the heavy foreshadowing with Vert and Nepgear.

It's sad, but I think these are the only good nep fanfics out there. 95% is self-insert and/or OC shit or variations of Conquest. Bitches don't know how to write serious stuff without using Conquest.

>more than one person tells you the same thing
>rather than realize they might actually be right you just claim they are the same person
Mental gymnastics at their finest.

I dropped Das at that moment and started 2, invested 120 hours in it then went back and finished 1.

Well, there's still the Quest, but it's extremely silly and it barely qualifies as a fanfic when it's pretty much "do something stupid" and "oh no, you accidentally did something AWESOME".

I mean, who doesn't likes mindless cutesy every once in a while?

> realize they might actually be right

Face it. The main audience for the game fucking hated nepgear as the protag. RB2 was a bad game

What does that have to do with you being shit at games?
What the fuck are you talking about? I don't care about your stupid RB2 argument. It WAS a shit game and you're bad at games.

Blade of Justice has another fanfic that has more plot, but it has evil-Nepgear (which is overused) and the last fight between Blanc and Neptune is lasting longer than a Dragonball fight.

It's not mindless, cute? Of course. Just read the fucking fanfic and stop replying to the godamn shitposter you fucking retard. You'll realize it's not mindless, this guy is just shitposting for the sake of it. Don't reply.

These are cute.

You really, really lack reading comprehension if you are still talking about DaS

You really, really lack reading comprehension if you think I ever talked to you about anything else.
I'm not the user you were arguing with, idiot.

Atrocious writing; this encompasses character development, pacing, exposition, etc. Games are slowly stagnating into mediocrity in quality even moreso than what was known before. The handling of ReBirth 2 is unacceptable. Content recycling is becoming an aberration to the series and laughable. The game has gravitated away from what its original spirit appeared to be and now appears to be simply taking advantage of templates that work previously, with notable emphasis on lack of ambition. Hopefully V-2 will bring it back on par with the best epoch of the series. Games are generally under the curve in terms of quality control and design. While not glitchy and simply awful like some of the bad western games, the games are extremely minimalist in execution and barely skirt the line in what I call "trying."

The only nep fanfic I read was about an SI having consensual sex with all the planeptunes, one in each chapter.

It's pretty fine in Overheat when it's a nice change compared to the grim setting (with torture, mutilation and painful experiments that may involve anal probing without lube). But it's a problem when 80% of the story is mindless cutesy. Just try reading The Proposal, the actual plot progresses way too slowly.

Ha, Into The Abyss. It started really interesting (with a nice Arfoire that isn't Momfoire), but it grew boring, yeah. Through I really liked the manipulative Kei and that foolish Uni who was aware she was manipulated but still believed she had some free will. I wouldn't recommend it anyway, because it'll never be finished and ends in the middle of a fight.

Is there more?

I was the first one to post a link to the fics tho, I just went with it since, well, it is, indeed, a lot of cute Nepnowa. I like it tho.

So PP?

I was very disappointed in this game, Which is sad cause i loved rebirth 1. Its flaws stem from its recycling of rebirth 1's content (i felt like i bought a half assed version of rebirth 1) and the short, bland story.

Negatives: The ENTIRE soundtrack was a MESS! Nearly EVERY song was some form of a sloppy remix of a BGM or theme song from rebirth 1 (the exception being rom and rams theme which was made of catchy awesomeness). Almost all the enemy fodder was also recycled. The main cast (the CPU candidates) are all very whiny preteen girls without an ounce of confidence between them (excluding ram, who actually had confidence). The story was RIDICULOUSLY short for the $50 I payed for it (the world was also incredibly small and dungeons, very few). The main bad guys (the 4 felons and the "deity of sin") had no fleshing out to their characters. they existed solely to easily be beat by the main cast. one of them was even a pedo monster... it was.... weird... The stellas dungeon was also a broken mess what with the randomness of the enemys that appear and can kill you no matter what your gear. last but not least, anyone who payed attention to the whole story in rebirth 2 would realize they actually screwed up the back story from rebirth 1.

> without lube
This is hot.

You can tell how shitposty a thread is by the ratio of images to total posts.

Gamindustri is under threat from Arfoire, an evil deity (and sweet pun on the notorious R4 card) aiming to bring down the land from within using pirate software. To the rescue come our heroines – Nepgear, a magical robot schoolgirl with an inferiority complex; IF, who could probably have been replaced with a cardboard cutout, and Compa, a nurse with a potential recent head injury; “Super Win!”, she’ll declare after a victorious battle, fluffing a backflip and revealing her underwear in the process. Every time. Together they travel the world of Gamindustri, recruiting other paper-thin stereotypes to join their roving gang of cretins, and eventually to defeat Arfoire’s four guardians followed by the Deity of Sin herself.

This may be a joke post but it's what PCfags actually believe.

You can tell how shitposty a thread is by whether or not it's /nepgen/

I wrote a fanfic months ago just to post it on nepgen and never did it, too embarassed to post the link now
S-should I just delete it?

I have invested over twenty hours of my life into this game and, as a result, am seriously questioning my life choices. On occasion, games contain design decisions of such ill judgement that it is difficult to imagine how they ever made it through testing. HNR;B2SG, on the other hand, is packed so full of them that it must have become sentient during the development process, pretended to pop out for a smoke before turning up in a basket on the doorstep of Sony HQ, complete with a note stating “Please look after this game”. For me, it was a disappointing experience and not one I’m keen to repeat.

nepu

Is it self-insert garbage? If so, yes.

If not, post it.

Not exactly. Yellow Heart spends more of the story getting probed and experimented on (either by Purple Heart and later by Rei), 5pb isn't an idol but a slave, Rom and Ram spend a lot of time getting tortured by the various people they're captured by, Cave tells Nisa how she used to torture spies and go deep in details, Purple Heart casually mentions torturing Lowee soldiers to death and not taking prisoners, and the part with ASIC suggest that the afterlife for CPUs is pretty much like Hell. Or rather, Limbo.
So awful that upon being brought back from there, the old Vert does her best to not return there. Noire, who knows perfectly what will happen, make sure to never tell anyone.

That's how shitty the world in Overheat is.

If you stutter-text in it like you do on an anonymous message board, yes you should.

strawpoll.me/11118713

If it doesn't has self-insert post it and let us give you some feedack

>Is it self-insert garbage? If so, yes.
Ill...Ill just delete it then. it was about Uni finding a lonely user through a message board and getting him to open up. Then, you know....sexy times

We're all lonely Anons.

Yes yes yes YES!! I'm going to read the shit out of that hnnnngh.
Torture makes me moist
Post it anyway fagget, maybe you will make some lonely anons happy. Not me tho, I'm too fucking cool for that.

Jesus christ.

It's not self-insert, it's yuri.
Pls no bully or stalking please, I swear I will update it someday
fanfiction.net/s/11769589/

>Post it anyway fagget, maybe you will make some lonely anons happy.
I just might. But it does have a big part with foot fetish involving some weird stuff like dirt and food.

>Torture makes me moist
And people call ME a pervert because I crave for nep butts.

That is not your story.

That user is lying and pretending that is me. I posted these

Liar >Implying foot fetish isn't one of the most common fetish out there.
>Spanking
Wew what a perv you are.

Of course he's lying, that's my story and I don't think I'll ever continue it because I have no idea how to extend the plot without solving it in 2 chapters.

No, you're the one pretending to be me. I don't write self-insert stories, I planned to write UnixNepgear fic next after finished this one, I just lacked confidence.

Interesting meme.

So, you linking or what.
I want to read it.

I don't see the problem with that. Proposal didn't sell itself on the things you're saying are plot, its plot is that relationship developing. That was the point and it's why we were been reading it.

Except it also looks like he ended it without saying anything so fuck it now. God damn it.

user hijacked my post, the fanfic has already been posted, why are you so interested in si garbage, my fic is yuri.