/evog/ - Evolve General

20 minutes of life edition

>Add yourself to the list and find people here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the few thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>patchnotes
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/paladin-parnell-stats-8-30-2016/101154)
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587
steamcommunity.com/id/EVS2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyways I'll be making a new thread with every patch so there can be some discussion, but I have no interest in making new ones every time this dies(unless it somehow reaches the bump limit, which I doubt)

Paladin Parnell's stats can be found here(talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/paladin-parnell-stats-8-30-2016/101154)

In all he's solid. Very solid, maybe even op. Without his super soldier or anything he's basically caira with one more grenade, but more range and easier to aim. His shotgun deals great damage and restores his pseudo RVal healing burst. Granted I haven't been able to play him against people yet cause everyone wants to be the medic right now, so I don't know how well he functions against a competent monster.

Surprisingly only Renegabe got nerfed this patch, his DoT's got scaled back approx 6% or so, which is pretty small all things considering. Solo hunter buffs were also reeled back. New matchmaking is... Pitting me against 10 hour people. Step down from the 100+ hour people I was getting before.

>talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587

I was just about to say Paladin Parnell plays like a stronger Caira.

I'm expecting him to get nerfed in the next patch

Wew

>Balance Updates
>new hunter nerf
>PParnell will probably nerfed to dead in the next patch

It's sad that Evolve will die because of this retarded "balance". 4v1 was a mistake.

I hope they will make something like 4 hunters vs 4 hunters or 2 monsters vs 2 monsters, to stop this retarded "balancing".

Will work 4 mini monsters vs 4 hunters?

One step closer to a team of space marines.

PParnell will be nerfed to waggie tier, so level him up while you can
>also tfw you as trapper stay between two big black men in the dropship
Shyyiiiett

>Paladin Parnell
>Better than Caira
Just /evog/ things.

Remember
>Lazarus Tier 5
>EMET Tier 1
>Bucket Tier 2
>All the other retarded shit

Personally I don't think that PParnel THAT good how people wants to think, but because of all that bitching, of course, he will be destroyed by TRS. Anyway try Rval after his death if you like the idea of antifocus medic.

t. shitter

Let's look at the numbers shitter.

Paladin Parnell = 1625 in 15 seconds without Righteous Fury buff or 2500 with said buff

Caria = 1850 Caria wins by 225 heals without Paladin Parnell's Righteous Fury buff

He wins by 650 with his buff. This isn't even mentioning his superior self-survivability with his Slim-esque self-healing and Damage Reduction. His damage from the shotgun is also much stronger than Caira's napalm grenade launcher and actually will be used plenty as the monster will no doubt try to target the medic. Using it will deter the monster as his Slim heal chain goes off.

>all that other shit
Ya I'm not even defending those.

GIVE ME TO ME STRAIGHT
HOW OP IS PP

>first game as paladin after some bot testing
>okay, I can heal myself for days, finally no more this focused-to-death shit
>get matched against wraith
>wraith fucking RAPED me and shit on me with all my trying to selfprotect
>he has 25 hours
>my teammates has 1-3 hours
>I am shit? I am shit, right?
>yes I am
>maybe it's just a shit balancing by trs?
>no, you're fucking shit, faggot
>i am
>I want to kill myself
>why am I even exist
>am I really triggered that much by videogame?
>am I crazy?
>man you was fucking killed by a noob with 25 hrs. And you was the fucking paladin
>oh no voices please stop
>please
>I just wanted to play paladin
>no
>no
>please

Unlike PParnel,Caira's heal burst works on your teammates which does make a huge difference.

Also, I never found it hard to escape monsters with my 3 + Jump height

The game has become literally unplayable for Westerners, 90% of my team mates is Pajeet with 190> ping.

>WOW MONSTERS ARE SO OVERPOWERED LITERALLY NOBODY IS PLAYING HUNTER ANY MORE
>Literally 30 minutes scenes on day 1 because nobody is queueing as monster

"We decided Paladin Parnell was dealing too much damage and too much healing, in effect making Lazarus seem useless, so we've given him just a touch to balance him out"

Mutagen shotgun reduced from 11 per pellet to 1 per pellet

Genesys Rocket heal reduced from 175 healing per shot to 1 healing per shot

Righteous Fury bonuses removed, now instantly grants three strikes

Heal boost removed entirely.

Good

>R Abe nerfed
Why are we nerfing the 3rd worst assault after blitzkov and torvald? He only is good at chase damage and is utter shit in a dome, coming from someone who loves his kit

Toxic for monster players.

>renegabe is worse than Lennox
This is a joke right?

Monster being unable to recharge their shield while running?
Too toxic for monster gameplay :^)

I completely forgot about lennox's nerf because I haven't seen her since.

Renegabe is a great assault. Parnell>renegabe=Markov >Hyde >the others>torvald

its 125 healing per shot not 175

I was getting 175 per shot when I tried him out.

>utter shit in a dome

You realise the dome doesn't come down until you reach a certain amount of damage, unless the monster is shitting on you.

Not him, but-

>the dome doesn't come down until you reach a certain amount of damage, unless the monster is shitting on you

Ergo you want to reach it as quickly as possible, closing the window of opportunity for the monster to shit on you or for a teammate to fuck up.

Perk setup for PP?

maybe i'm wrong

Might be a perk on my end, but I think I just went full weapon swap with gold jetpack for chasing.

swap reload reload. double reload shaves off about 8.5-9 seconds off the reload of his super soldier and since the reload time on his weapons is 3.5s each, you shave off nearly a second on his regular reloads.

What kind fixes did they implement is trs completely retard or smth? I'm getting paired with hunters who got 0.6 hours WTF man and guess what the monster has 200 hours.

THIS FUCKING GAME MAN.

TRS team is full of stupid retarded monkeys i swear

what is this?

I lost the password to my main account and steam support is being a pain in the ass. I have around 200 hrs on my main account and around 40 hrs on my current account.

ADD ME and if you think I suck just block me!
steamcommunity.com/id/EVS2

Just go into your updates queue and manually start the update. Worked for me.

I set it to high priority then it worked, thanks for the help user

Steam (top right) > settings > download > change the server to vietnam

Dude Sex Man Div players had this same problem. Change download region to 'Nam or Vancouver. Change back once D/L starts.

The only good thing Vietnam ever gave the world.

CO-OP IS FUN AGAIN.

PRAISE THE WISE DEVS.

How come did they improve the AI?

They fixed the speed increase bugs so co-op is playable again in general.

>doubled silver key rate
what I can buy a new hunter like after 5 matches

what are they going to charge me for?

Oh who am I kidding they will NEVER get any more money from me for this shit game.

They fixed AI being faster than the speed of light.

NEW BUG: Egriff with a defense powerup from an elite animal can fly forever by tapping jump without using jetpack.

Incapable of descending though, and if reaching top of the map, gets killed for being out of bounds.

Dunno if it's just egriff that can do it, or if the powerup is even involved, but it was cool as shit to just boost around never falling from the sky.

So it's overpowered exclusive?

>man playing QCaira is mad at my Evolve play
lol

Jack, Kala, Lennox, Slim, Torvald.

Who do i buy

Jack Lennox or Slim

torvald jack or slim

jack and slim
rest are bad

Kala and Lennox are the two strongest by miles.

Anyone want to coop grind??

Like, in a team?

Do you get a key/exp bonus for being in a group or something?

You eventually get keys for being in a group

tv/puggims

guy is drunk as fuck
I'm having the best time of my life

How many games need to be played to level up profile?

getting to level 75 is slow as fuck even with double exp

Paladin Parnell is kind of retarded.

He is literally caira and slim rolled up into one character, with an assault shield, parnell rage, and healing buff in one ability.

I only win against him by hit & running the hunters and slowly getting ticks on the support and trapper, then hoping I can combo them down when I start to commit with the fight.

cry more monster shitter

I just played as him twice since I posted that, first against kraken and against moliath.

Neither had a single fucking hope of a chance, and never got a single hunter below 50% HP.

You can literally only win if the pparnell is bad or can't aim his healing rockets. Its insane.

Also fun fact he has the grade A fastest healing rate in the entire game with his fury buff on.

parnell can't heal himself and others at the same time. while you're focusing parnell down, chuck rocks or warp blasts at hank if they have one or other hunters in general.

>while you're focusing parnell down, chuck rocks or warp blasts at hank if they have one or other hunters in general.

I don't think you know what focus means.

>plays against shitty monsters
>is a shitty monster player

What can I say, shitters attract shitters.

go ahead and completely and utterly devote your attention to Pally and see what happens. Now do it again but this time instead of spending 4 abilities on him, spend 3 and use the 4th one on support if it's a hank or any other character if not hank. You'd notice a very big difference.

unlike literally every other medic who can heal themselves and their team while being focused, ParapaParnell cannot, and that is how you defeat him.

>tfw no coop buddies to grind my PP with

You just played with monster autist.
As always, you should underestand, that there's already very strong hunter combos across pro teams, and monsters still can destroy any combo.
PParnel is just not shit like emet, and will be nerfed to his level after all this bitching.

>ad hominem name calling and fails to refute the point

Yes he can. His fury increases his healing output both by increasing the healing burst and his fire rate with the rocket launcher.

doesn't increase his heal burst. It's just fire rate/reload/damage reduction. Although since you seem to clearly know what you're talking about, I'd like to see a video of you healing yourself and someone else against a monster who's splitting damage between the two of you.

Kek, don't flatter yourself. For me to refute something, you'd have to present an argument first off, and all you did was present some subjective complaints based on your own experience— as if that metric was worth anything.

>"My experience with Paladin Parnell is the opposite. I haven't lost a single game to him today, and I've played Goliath, Kraken, and Gorgon. He's not a very good medic because of the fact that he has strict dichtonomy of healing teammates and self-healing."

This is my experience and it's a worthless platform for any argument.

Bring up numbers, statistics, and/or actual objectivity into your "argument" next time, shitter.

you first autist

I wasn't the one claiming to have had an argument in the first place. All I did was point out a shitter when I saw one.

For

pparnell does seem very strong

Paladin Parnell is pretty goddamn strong but his rockets cant outheal a monster focusing one player. He needs hero mode to outheal that
Ignore him and attack the support or whoever's weak. When he uses hero mode, play defensively. Go break any deployables, stop Lennox/Bltizkov from ramping up, hide and try to regen armor, whatever. Once it comes down, go ham on the support. Knock Parnell away or down cliffs if you can, its harder to heal if the patient is above him
He'll get nerfed eventually but right now he's still manageable

Good, we are in agreement. You don't have an argument.

Yes I never presented an argument and neither did you, unless that shitter babbling was supposed to be construed as one then in that case, holy kek uninstall please.

he just seems strong because almost all the other medics are garbage. there were no aggressive based medics after all the nerfs to slim and emet, they both deal piss poor damage and Rogue val has had her healing nerfed to the point it practically doesn't exist.

monsters are so used to being able to faceroll their keyboard on a single hunter and having a promised down that they never learned how to actually figure out who to focus at that specific moment. It was always "do they have a Hank? Yes? Focus him down. No? Focus medic down. Oh medic is rogue val and no hank? focus anyone that isn't medic or assault"

You can't just go "Oh look, PuffyParnell and Kala? I'll just focus kala down" or "Oh i'll just focus PanaceaParnell" Since if you dedicate to either of those you'll probably lose. Now they have to go "Oh parnell keeps healing this person, i'm going to go beat up parnell a bit then switch to someone else then switch back to parnell when he tries to heal them"

For the first time in stage 2 history you actually have to use your brain on who to focus at that moment, there isn't some obvious weak link like there is with val hank where it's just hurrdurr tunnel vision focus hank cause val can't outheal focus damage and hank can't protect himself anymore, take 1.5-2 bars of health damage and get a strike then do it all over again and kill hank faster because he has less health now.

>crow tries to tinkerbell me and fly to the top of the dome
>websling up and wallpounce him to the ground
I can almost taste the tears

why would crow be running anything other than 3 tiers of damage? He deserved to be airpounced.

>he uses damage perks on hunters

It's dead guys, let the general die already. When game balance is so bad and feels so shit that you go from 50k to 2.5k this fast it's not worth caring about fellas

only on crow and parnell due to the fact our team runs aggressive comps

I still like the game even though TRS as a developer team sucks donkey dick.

Hey man, it's called overpowered for a reason.

>tfw the only euro in these threads

Real yuros play good games not imbalanced casual trash like Evolve.

>Medic from 'Nam (PParnell)
>He DCs due to high ping
>His character lags outside of the dome
>everyone but him is dead (The support was Kala)
>"Restart Round"
>"Voting Failed"
>"Restart Round"
>"Voting Failed"
>The bitch wins
>he says "idc free win"
>I tell him he is a bitch and his momma must be proud to raise a bitch like him
>he says "she is dead"
>i say "idc"

either 12 year old kids play this game or poor fuckers from 'nam and korea.

This nigger knows what's up.

like Battlefield 1 right

Why do people want to go back to the Hunters having a 65% winrate? do they not remember how many dodges it took before somebody stuck around when dealt the Monster card?

cry harder monster shitter

>Can't beat barely functioning monsters
>Calls others shitters
Jokes on you, It's me, Dr. Dick.

There a tier list for this game? Just started playing, don't want to sink keys into shit characters.

good chars:
Hank, Sunny
Markov, Hyde, Parnell
Abe, Griffin, Crow
Val, Emet, Caira, PParnell

dunno if you're still about but im down for co op grinding for as long as i have hunters to level

still on?

Do you want "good chars" or "chars" you win with?

>Why do people want to go back to the Hunters having a 65% winrate?
You mean back when the game had 50k players?
But please do continue to tell me how you think your 90% win rate with monster is important enough to lose the entire fucking player base.