/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create a /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57875/?
loot.github.io/)
youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vampire.

waifus, lore, harmony

Thanks, dad

aye

This is now an Empire only thread.

All other countries do not apply

vampires suck
they're such a pain in the neck

Waifus, lore and..!
dammit Snek I wanted to do it just once.

I can't gid gud at modding, I always get stuck with the wyrebash, SKSE and tes5edit stuff

Aw damn, im sorry. Ill let you have the next one Lil Drow.

>All other countries
Wait. Wasn't the Empire made up of several different countries?

Is there any imperial tesg waifus?

>All other countries do not apply

wat

Post Comfy!

same

same

He needs to be smol-er. With stumpy little leggers.

But the Empire isn't a country.

Take it back.

What, specifically, are you having trouble understanding?

Hey /tesg/ I though that whatever mod was higher in priority would be used above the other one in MO

But it appears to be the opposite? See pic. If I put Skygazer Moons under Horizon of Dreams, then I get the moon textures from Skygazer, and if I had it above Horizon of Dreams at higher priority, I would get Horizon of Dreams moon textures, and indeed no textures at all from Skygazer as indicated by the silver bolt there.

How can that be? I thought anything higher than the mods below overrides it?

Am I doing my priory list wrong now, whats going on

That's why "others" is included in the sentence
Pretty sure

11 > 10, Horizon of Dreams is getting higher priority, so of course it's overwriting Skygazer Moons.

>But the Empire isn't a country.
what the fuck

>What, specifically, are you having trouble understanding?

the order in which I need to install things, the location in which I need to install things are usually my bumps. Like when do I install SKSE? do I get it from steam workshop? do i use installer or archive? those things

I followed this guide reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/beginners_guide#wiki_installing_mods . But i got stuck at the point with the USLEEP swap masters script

So its opposite the priority of the plugins then, where 0 > 1?

If so then I've been doing all my texture mods wrongs, loading them after SMIM

this is a bit confusing, so SKSE should be the highest priority then and not 0?

>So its opposite the priority of the plugins then, where 0 > 1?
That's not how plugins work either.

SMIM should have a low priority so that other things can overwrite it.

I made him a bit smol-er though. And chubbier!

One day i might make the switch to racemenu but not today.

OH WOW

things make a lot more sense now, Ive been using MO wrong all this fucking time.

How do they work then, I just have LOOT sort everything regarding those and leave it there

Which I thought I was doing but it was actually the reverse, haah I'm an idiot

What the hell do you have installed that's going to overwrite SKSE that you have to worry about its priority in MO?

Other countries in his sentence meant countries not in the Empire. He didn't mean the Empire itself was a country.

You can go chubbier

>How do they work then
The same way as any other asset. The higher a plugin's priority/index, the later it gets loaded, which means it potentially overwrites changes made by lower-priority plugins. This is why bashed patches are important.

How?

So then the default plugins, the DLC plugins, the unofficial plugins are all supposed to be in the lowest priority like so right?

I was under the impression that they were highest priority, and other plugins loaded after them in this order..

Im not sure really, but you need to get chubbier.

Do you see the "sort" button, user?

Yes and I used it this is how LOOT sorted it out, as I mentioned earlier

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57875/?

Also I already cleaned the DLC's even before I downloaded any other mods but MO shows them as dirty while LOOT shows them as clean so idk whats with that.

>play with Morrowind Advanced
>get swarmed by .5 scale enemies with twice the health of their full size counterparts
Devs in charge of good mods lmao

so whats all this racket about .ini files?

I agree

they are the configuration files that are used by many programs and mods. . .

Unavoidable instakill moves sure were a great idea.
Thanks Todd.

Violens, mah boi

I dont think you're supposed to clean the dlcs brah

I started looking at some different kind of guides, and one guide said I need to change them all so my shit looks better and the other guide doesn't even mention it. Should i worry about changing the files?

This isn't Fallout "brah."

Alright I got it now.

I've just been thinking of "Priority" in the wrong way, that 1,2,3,4 etc had higher priority than 10,11,12,13 etc.

But its the opposite, I just understand that now.

But then Alternate Start mod tells you this

>Due to the sensitive nature of the mod, it should be loaded relatively late in the load order. A lot of other mods may seek to make modifications to Helgen and the charactergen quests. Moving this further down in your list will likely help, a lot. I highly recommend going with the order LOOT (loot.github.io/) specifies.

Yet when I sort the load order with LOOT, this is how it sorts it- with Alternate Start mods at the very top of the load order, weird.

Please tell me this is bait

Which one is the least bloated? Violens or Dance of death?

I just remmeber reading on the tesgeneral site that you shouldn't clean the dlc files with tesedit

Yes. yes you are, all 3

youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ

Just use violens dude

there are a few tweaks you can make to make the game look better and there are a few tweaks needed to use certain things, however for the most part you don't ever need to touch them.
look up different guides such as STEP or tweakguides if you need more detail on the why's for doing any changes.

Well i guess I've been doing shit wrong this whole time. Ignore me im retarded

Violens is better in every conceivable way

Dance of Death's own author recommends using Violens over his mod. So, fucking guess which one you should use, idiot.

Waifus and stuff.

Man its a good thing I noticed this so early into my modding

Time to fix this mess

>tfw you're all warm and cozy
best feel

"priority" would basically refer to the order of installation. Something that is priority 0 would be the first thing to be installed. Something with priority 30 would be the last.

Thus, you want your base files installed first (hence why skyrim.esm, update, DLC are all first) then on and on- and the things you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT OVERWRITTEN (Requiem, Alternate Start mods, etc) you put at the very bottom, because nothing will be installed on top of them and thus change them.

As per your confusion, you hit the priority tab so it's sorted your .esp files in the opposite order (doesn't change actual load order, it's just a tool used to find stuff)

But for like an first time modding I shouldnt worry about them?

Also can you recommend me a guide to follow? there are so many out there I dont know which one to pick.

I looked at the guide from tesgeneral.com but its a bit confusing to me

I'm super retarded with computers and need to be held by hand

>As per your confusion, you hit the priority tab so it's sorted your .esp files in the opposite order

Yep for my all my texture mods too, and I didn't notice till now.

>Alternate Start mods
>you put at the very bottom

So why is LOOT putting them at the very top?

Alternate start is placed at 29, while the DLCs and main files are 0,1,2,3, etc

Is there a mod that removes all weapons but bows from the game? I just want to have a fun ego shooter experience.

remember to contribute to the sfw booru. Character updates, quest mods adventures, scenics...put them there!
...Please, I don't want to be alone and I don't have tumblr.

M8 everyone here has a tumblr but you, get with it.

Saber is cute.

It would feel weird and wrong to upload screenshots everyone's seen a billion times already

Yes, but how do I get everyone in Skyrim to only use bows?

I don't understand why people don't just repost shots from tumblr onto the booru. Actually maybe I'll start doing that.

Why do that when you can just use tumblr/imgur instead

should I have used STEP?
I'm mostly happy with how i have the game set up so does it really matter

Please help me understand, why is LOOT misleading me, Alternate start should be like 07 there instead of ... 1B, 1C what do those even mean

i'll work on it

Does this make characters fatter or only the npc's?

I feel like posting to the booru welcomes participation. I met Vessek there, and a number of other anons who post there but not here. By design, tumblr is a bit of a "safe space." While that's not bad, its also not what I'm looking for.

eat more waifus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

It makes certain NPC wear fat versions of armor which are standalone and can be equipped by the player as well. They do not act as replacers.

uhh alright but its still showing up as the highest priority when sorted with LOOT in MO

I mean even playing that way there were no problems but its just weird that it did that

Is that supposed to be lewd or rude?

Hmm, not really sure that's what i'm looking for

A-are you saying fat cat isn't really fat? That all his fluff...is a lie?

No, nigger alternate start should have as high a number as possible god fucking damn you're thick

so is this gopher lad eloborate enough on MO for a guide? Or is gamerpoets a better one to follow?

>A-are you saying fat cat isn't really fat?
No, he is actually fat in the fact he has an actual fat body mesh. I just never showed him naked because there aren't any good smooth body fur textures. Also abs on a fat gullet just look weird.

>and the things you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT OVERWRITTEN (Requiem, Alternate Start mods, etc) you put at the very bottom,
>because nothing will be installed on top of them

I think you just worded it wrong here and that further confused me but I get it now, damn, so LOOT is doing its job just fine then.

Now I just gotta sort out the installation order for the mods and I'll have fixed my fuckup.

You have to show us now. Let us see that glorious gut.

>off work
FINALLY
Electrical problems are such a load of bullshit. Starting to wonder if electricians are more autistic than machinists.

Yep, except LOOT cant do his job properly with requiem,perkus, or other various mods. Those you have to lock so it won't fuck it up. As much as I hate to do it, you should read atleast the requirement and installation of certain mods.

So is this the correct plugin and installation order for alternate start or did I fuck it up again and it should be lowest on the installation order

yeah I would say you wouldn't unless you are using an ENB in which case you will need to at least modify a couple lines. as I said before STEP has some I believe, not sure if tweakguides has a Skyrim guide but if you have any specific questions just post them mate

>marshmallow gets off work right before I have to go into work
fug

>LOOT cant do his job properly with requiem,perkus, or other various mods.

Well I just started getting into modding Skyrim so I don't have any of those yet, so far LOOT has been working perfectly getting the sort order right in MO.

>you should read atleast the requirement and installation of certain mods.
I do that with most but it gets overwhelming when you want to install everything at once. That's how I almost missed that my installation order was in reverse in MO

Before you go any further install FNIS main file and install it, I recommend manually installing it and running it using mod organizer. And then play the game once for a bit 15mi or something, to check if everything is installed correctly.

>Starting to wonder if electricians are more autistic than machinists.
Nope, just much, much lazier.

Damn, is FNIS required right away?

I was going to hold off on that until I'm done modding the graphics, climate, flora, etc

Not really, but don't forget it. Its usually the first mod I install other than SkyUI and Alternate start.

Ah alright I'll get on that soon, I want that FNIS Sexy Move but only after I changed the default female models but first I need to change the graphics and weather etc and before that I need to resort the installation order of all the mods I already have because I fucked up bad

Go to work knowing that Marshmallow love goes with you.

Lazy autists. Great. ARMCHAIR TECHNICIANS HOOOOOO