/mbgg/ - Mobage General #597

This general is for discussing the less popular mobage (Mobile Games). Games whose Veeky Forums generals wouldn't last a day or two on their own and games that are not popular enough for their own general. Typically these are Japanese only games.

>For a full list of games played in the thread, read this:
ofo.jp/j/jKix

If looking for game recommendations or suggestions on what to play, please check the above docs. This docs is regularly updated with games and has all the games discussed on the thread.

>Help! The game I want to play is not available for download on the store:
Read this for information on how to find APKs or getting around region locks.
pastebin.com/Nsg98EEf

>Upcoming mobage doc
ofo.jp/j/h7Pt

Link to previous thread: Remember to REPORT and IGNORE shitposters instead of giving them the attention they want and helping them shit up the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bandainamcoent.saomd
akkichan.jp/pc/index.php?
twitter.com/akkichan_PR
youtu.be/257YxO9bXBc
girls-tribe.com
twitter.com/garu_tora
game.endride.jp/character/
twitter.com/endride_game
twitter.com/koshien_story
koshienstory.jp
youtu.be/E6G4XbVI9dw
youtube.com/watch?v=nVCvxoe4uQk
youtube.com/watch?v=iq0fAIyxN4s&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/worldchain_PR
worldchain.sega-net.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Sakaguchi ruining everything

2nd for letting the last thread die

Is the chink gunfu game >fun or just another grind fest?

Can't be helped. His need for expensive alcohol spiraled out of control and SOMEONE has to pay for it.

Also data miner claims Snaip^ will be on this week - along 8-bit-Golem, featuring lots of Twisters. Which means Suoh^, Daiana^ and...what a surprise, Mizell would make decent movers - if they didn't all do jack against a Spear-type with resistances on steroid. Incidentally SnaipO grants Snaip Twister-immunity and will surely appear on the TP - once again creating the paradox of locking the key to beat the stage behind...beating the stage.

It actually went 16 posts past autosage, seemed nobody remembered to make the new thread in time.

Shadowverse general when?

After Steam release. I can only hope it won't be full of shitposting like most of the games that came out of /mbgg/

At this point my decision not to recode 100% A's and B's is a pretty easy one. I'm just going to focus on SB training and farm whatever might be decent without too much hassle, like this week's companion tickets. Hopefully MW pulls back a little on at least some of the overbearing new traps on at least the repeat grind stuff like 8bit. On the other hand, it seems like all the new O2 otomo are focused on trap destruction, so if MW sticks to their game-ending strategy, the only viable option might be 100 luck PoF teams hoping to get lucky off 100 chests.

Considering my luck with those orbling runs I'm not confident I'll even get the drop and i definitely won't bother to 100% it

Especially since you apparently only get 1 luck per recruit

When are they going to nerf Sword/Shadow already.
I'd like to at least try to have fun with take-two.

Seems like the way to do it is 100 luck Seiryu + Jaguna^ clearing Orbling1. Even people running a bunch of 70 luck monsters and a carry are still having shit luck getting orbling to drop.

Shadow is a fun class though, and them being that overly powerful in arena is just a meme anyway.

>shadowverse
>Arena mode
>Lose a game yesterday due to connection issues
>About to win today
>Game crashes
>You forfeited
Why? They have a system to reconnect if you lose connection, why does it count as a loss if you fucking crash? Why can't I reconnect? Is Cygames really this shitty at programming?

Rolled this yesterday. Don't think it's the kind of game I'll bother to play. If anyone wants it drop mail address and I can send the data transfer code.

No it's not.
Death's Breath and Mordecai are not even a little fair in arena and in constructed Combine them with shit like playful necromancer and it's just absurd.

Does idol wars discussion go in /mbgg/ or in /hgg/?

It has uncensored hentai, obviously, but it is also optimized for a mobile phone and uses gacha and the usual mobage mechanics. Which general does it live in, or is anyone even playing it?

Technically you can discuss it in either of them, but

Sword and shadow are strong, mainly because on a whole, every single one of their class cards are good or at least usable.

Not only that, they're the only classes where rushing and aggro can be consistent in arena and your opponent might not be able to respond in any way.

Both of these problems can be fixed with the addition of new sets. Giving other classes new cards to deal with that style, and making the shadow and sword player's arena deck less likely to synergize that well.

Thank yo.

I didn't expect /jp/ to play an english language game. I guess english version just launched last week so maybe I am just really slowpoke.

They also have a lot of cards that are just completely absurd in limited formats. Cards that can just suddenly fill their board with respectable power out of nowhere like Floral Fencer, Death's Breath, and Otohime are not good things to have running around in limited. Mordecai is also a just plain stupid limited card. Sword also has the blessings of having every single legendary being absurdly good and one, Otohime, just being honestly completely overpowered in every game mode. Yes give the zoo class a way to completely refill their board if they ever lose it, perfect design.

Is the very first pull in SAO Memory Defrag, during tutorial, always a 3* Klein ?

They're gold cards, you'll see Death's Breath or Mordecai from like 1 in 4 Shadow players even if they pick it literally every time they get the chance. Playful Necro isn't even in the top echelon of evolve 4-drops either.

They're still problematic cards, and it's what helps them be so powerful in arena.
Also that's bullshit, Playful necromancer is one of the best evolve 4-drops. The fact that you can split the 2 damage, and the fact that she gets 5 attack instead of 4, are absolutely huge. She can easily go 4 for 1 at times which is insane card advantage.

No, you can get any character from any rarity, including banner ones.

What are the new upcoming games

In regular play, maybe, but in arena where you want to be going for those optimal attacks which leave you with low defense on your cards, she's one of the best. Same reason Barrage and Tempest are also very good.

I am so bored. I need a new game to play that has gameplay.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bandainamcoent.saomd

No stamina, active and fast paced gameplay.

Neat. Dont know anything about this anime but looks fun.

>Akkichan and Girl's Tribe supposed to be released this month supposedly
>not out yet still

They look like they might be fun. Who knows what's going on with Enride anymore

Interested in this Chain Chronicle clone by SEGFA

>Akichan (pre-reg up)
A new game releasing this year by Ambition called Akkichan, looks cute.
>website, twitter, PV
akkichan.jp/pc/index.php?
twitter.com/akkichan_PR
youtu.be/257YxO9bXBc

>Girl's Tribe (pre-reg up)
Girl's Tribe, which will be released this August (hopefully)
>website, twitter
girls-tribe.com

twitter.com/garu_tora

>Endride (pre-reg up)
For Endride, the last tweet they had about the game was in March and in April they retweeted something, it's now June and the site and twit is still silent, you can still pre-reg for this game.
>website, twitter
game.endride.jp/character/

twitter.com/endride_game

>Koshien Story (pre-reg up)

Baseball with cute manager girls

>website, twitter, vid

twitter.com/koshien_story

koshienstory.jp

youtu.be/E6G4XbVI9dw

World Chain (pre-reg up)

>website, twit, vid

youtube.com/watch?v=nVCvxoe4uQk
youtube.com/watch?v=iq0fAIyxN4s&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/worldchain_PR
worldchain.sega-net.com

No rerolling required in Panzer Waltz right?

>They're still problematic cards, and it's what helps them be so powerful in arena.
Every class has "problematic cards", without even taking into account a certain Prince. Dragonguard and Conflagration are absolutely insane and Dragoncraft will regularly see multiple copies of them, unlike specific golds or even legendaries. Rune, Blood, and Haven all have great board clears and value cards at low rarities. I've done 5 wins with every class except Forest (which I haven't tried simply because I don't like playing the class) and they all have great tools in Arena.

Sword and Shadow are simply much more straightforward to draft for than classes like Rune, Haven, or Blood. That doesn't make them more potent, but it is going to skew the fuck out of people's opinions of them when Arena's less then a month old and everyone playing sucks at it.

5/4 is usually worse than 4/5 as an evolve 4-drop, because the best use of evolutions is trading down. You won't be able to trade up into any evolved 5-drop with only 5 attack anyway.

Being able to double ping is only ever relevant if you have multiple 1-health creatures, which there's a million ways to get bodied for anyway, people regularly draft Snipe and Barrage in addition to low-cost class AoEs in this format. Dragon Warriors, Floral Fencers, and Cudgel Priests are all much better. Necro is on par with Wardrobe Raider, only the competitively-unplayable Forest and Rune 4-drops are worse.

You say she can go 4-for-1 but she can also go 2-for-1 or 1-for-1 easier than the other evolve 4-drops.

I dunno man, I just think their problematic cards are much worse than other classes. Mordecai and Otohime especially. And I think the double ping is more relevant than you make it out to be; yes, you'd also get punished with a barrage or something but the fact that's it's in 1 card that has the potential to leave a body behind is very relevant. Yes it can be worse than the others, but the potential to get insane value can't be ignored, and as someone else pointed out it's even easier in arena where damaged minions are much more common.
It's also fantastic against sword, and you face a lot of swords, so hey.
And the thing about Sword and Shadow is they're also top dog in constructed too; the classes are just a bit too good, in my opinion, and could use some nerfs here and there. Apparently in japan midrange Sword is considered the single best deck right now. Though I do agree they're a bit overrated in power level, lord knows I've crushed many of them so far in my take-two days. It's just that they're already strong in general and when they get the good stuff they're nigh-unbeatable. Fighting a sword with a good curve, multiple floral fencers and an otohime to top it all off is pure hell in limited. You can win games just by dropping Mordecai because he's impossible to answer unless you're playing 2 classes, one of which isn't very consistent. That's not good design.

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement today for SV? That'll probably only happen during Japan day hours right?

>Girl's Tribe, which will be released this August (hopefully)
Never ever. A little disappointed if that's all thats comin. World chain looks like a chain chronincle clone

None. With enough patience you can craft every tank in the game. The only rng was getting event tanks to drop during an event, but spamming corn for more fuel until they drop is a reliable strategy.

I main shadow but in all fairness, the only classes that can handle Mordecai are Havencraft and Runecraft since they can banish. So in Arena mode, where you almost never see those 2, Mordecai is almost a win condition.

Yeah, Otohime is fine in concept but she just offers far too much value so that playing her is almost always the best thing that the player can do in a given turn unless they are already clearly winning. In most cases, even legendary cards are supposed to be situational plays. When you have a card where it's almost always the best option, especially given the way that sword is set up, it's time for a nerf.

Mordecai suffers the same problem as Satan - the player is supposed to pay on their current turn for getting large amount of value in the future, but most of the time, playing Mordecai on turn 8 isn't much worse than any other options so the player doesn't really lose anything.

Other classes get pings that Shadow doesn't have access to like Flame Lizard, Glint Dragon, Magic Missile, Elf Child, and technically most splitting units. Good luck actually having anything survive with 1 health against Dragoncraft, even before turn 4.

>And the thing about Sword and Shadow is they're also top dog in constructed too
>Though I do agree they're a bit overrated in power level
Well there you go.

>Fighting a sword with a good curve, multiple floral fencers and an otohime to top it all off is pure hell in limited.
Fighting contructed-tier decks in arena is hard, more news at 11.

>You can win games just by dropping Mordecai because he's impossible to answer
He's strong but again, he'll appear in like 1 out of 4 Shadow drafts and he's 1 out of 40 cards. 3 classes have direct answers to him (what is draconification, which is uncommon and thus will get stuck in your drafts together with a Dragon Warrior or something very often) and every class has the ability to ward/heal and hit face. He's a powerful card that can even cheese some games but he can't carry a draft. When people get over their phobia of playing the more control-based classes in Arena he'll also become a lot worse.

Overall this really isn't a matter I'm that invested in, if Cygames decides lategame one-card win conditions aren't good for Arena I wouldn't be that bothered by it. If the next set releases even more for other classes I also wouldn't be bothered for it, as long as there's some kind of window of play like there is with Satan and Mordecai. I just don't like that I'm seeing what seem to be purely opinionated arguments encouraging kneejerk card balancing. Even when Kripp rails on Hearthstone's arena system, which is unbalanced to the point of it being considered common knowledge, he actually brings up stats like the rate of Mage he encounters, his winrate going first/second, his winrate average per class, etc.

Otohime is literally just overpowered.
She's 6 mana for 7/12 stats most of the time spread across 5 bodies, that aren't even fucking 1/1s like they should be, in the class based around buffing small minions. Even if she only shat out two guys all the time she'd be great. The only answer to her is a board clear and if you're wasting a valuable board clear on one card then that is a huge victory for the swordcraft player.

>Purely opinionated arguments encouraging kneejerk card balancing
Fucking please everyone knows cards like Mordecai and Otohime are stupid cards. This has been known far before limited was even introduced. They're just even worse there.

Cannot believe how anyone that tested the game thought Otohime is okay as it is, especially considering all of the other "split" cards (Noble/Oathless/Courageous) are appropriately costed at 1 per 2 stats.

It's mind-boggling.

Well, I rerolled once and luckily started with 4* Lisbeth. Was expecting crap from my first 250, but got damn lucky instead.

Also it seems to summon the highest rarity units in the scouting animation first.

Don't forget the best part:
You can run 3 copies of her!! Nice!

Forgive me for not taking your opinion seriously after watching, as someone who has played since release, the "totally broken stupid cards" you fags complain about change every 2 weeks. What happened to Satan? What happaned to Dimension Shift? What happened to Forte? What happened to Purgatory?

As far as I've seen "everyone" just means "the lowest common denominator" which also means "fucking idiots".

Of course people do a lot of whining but at the very least Otohime is actually just broken dude.
Same with Mordecai, who if you're not about to win and not playing one of 2 classes (let's be honest draconification is not a good answer and no one plays that card) guarantees you win with no effort. Yes people change their opinions, and a lot of the stuff they complain about aren't actually overpowered but just not fun to play against like Dimension Shift and Path, but once again, complaints about these two have been going on forever. Because they are actually overpowered.
Unless you think a 6 mana 7/12 that refills your entire board in Sword is balanced?

>yes they're idiots but my opinion is special because I'm right!
lol

The totally broken stupid cards are "I keep losing to this card". "This card completely counters my deck" and the "I don't know how to counter this card".

That's why they change so much. The people complaining about the previous cards probably adapted, found a way to counter them or quit while the ones that didn't continue the cycle of bitching.

So no argument. Because they are actually stupid op cards.
Glad you finally saw the light and agreed. I was a bit worried you thought, once again, that 7/12 worth of stats on play for 6 mana spread across the whole board with no evolve required in the buff class was actually fair.

>Girl's Tribe, which will be released this August (hopefully)

You haven't been paying attention. It's been delayed. The next update on the status of the game will be in November. Which means there is a high chance it will be release next year...

>Nobody disagrees with me. Anyone who doesn't take my opinion as fact literally doesn't exist.
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post?

There's already plenty of unaddressed arguments in this thread. Feel free to look over them while you learn to git gud.

Found the Swordcraft player

>2016
>Still thinking Otomeme is OP

So you guys are saying that as soon as Sword gets board cleared on turns 4-6, they should automatically lose the game?

You spend the entire fucking game removing those sword shit minions and then they just get a full board after that, how is it fair

At this point i want all cygames games to have their own general and let this general die.

/cgg/ when

>Guys
>Plural

That's also why it's always the win conditions with these people. They're too used to a certain game where actual win conditions don't exist and you can always drag the game out as long as you have HP and removal.

No, but they shouldn't be able to instantly refill it completely with one card. And they don't even immediately lose the game because they can rebuild with other cards.
Really it's just a numbers thing. She gets insane stats for her mana cost with no effort required. Compare her to something like Queen Vampire, which is a 4/4 that summons 2 1/1s. 6/6 for 6 mana. Yes they have ward, which is very useful, but statwise she's par for the course. Otohime just provides insane value for her mana cost to the point of absurdity and she synergizes incredibly well with Swords whole plain. She's actually just overpowered compared to the rest of the cards in the game.

Please dont reply to it, just ignore the retarded shitposter

Was gameplay ever shown? No clue if that game is something even worth waiting for

>Still no mobage where you play as a loli vampire and lure victims into your ghost mansion to torture and eat

When I win the powerball I will hire a dev team and make this happen.

If you win the powerball why don't you just buy a vampire loli of your own?

So you want sword to automatically lose as soon as revelations is played. Good to know you aren't a game designer.

>And they don't even immediately lose the game because they can rebuild with other cards.
Like what? Dropping two 2/2's? Dropping a 3/3's and 2 1/1's? That shit just gets cleared instantly the next turn by any competent player; don't make me laugh.

>Compare her to something like Queen Vampire,
If we want to start comparing value cards, then let's start by deleting half of the golds from Blood since they are blatantly OP and problematic to the health of the game like Erin, Temptress, and Revelations.

Can we not do this thing where we compare cards in a vacuum?vacuum

Also meant for this salty loser

Okay then, let's reverse this.
Someone explain to me how Otohime is fair. People have brought up arguments why she isn't fair, but I've never heard any good argument about how she's balanced. People just insult anyone who says she's overpowered.

Maybe you'll learn why after you get out of C rank

I'm still here

ban Dimension Shift

>tfw you draw your removals just right

The same could be said about those retards arguing about balance in a stupid card game.

Sinon like always has considerable buttcrack.

Also, the gun system is rather hard to get the hang of. That combined with the fact most enemies seem programmed to rush you makes it feel very iffy.

>Someone explain to me how Otohime is fair.
I just did.
Sword has no way to recover board after a clear. The next best way is Floral Fencer, but you need an evo point for that and I don't have to explain to you why that's not always available.

>So you want sword to automatically lose as soon as revelations is played.
Zoo decks are generally supposed to lose when they get their board cleared and run out of cards, yes. That is the idea. Because if they could just completely rebuild after a board wipe with minimal effort, they'd be the best deck in the game.
Oh wait...

>Sword has no way to recover after a board clear
Except all their other strong midrange minions and low cost cards that summon multiple minions?? And that still doesn't even account for her absurd stats overall.
Not an actual argument buddy. I don't think you actually know much about game design.

Really, try playing a different deck or play something else because this game isn't for you.

I play Sword/Shadow/Blood and I've never had issues with any of the sword legends. If anything, the things that end cockblocking the most are stuff like frontguard general, charlotte or a well timed sage commander/windgod.

Damn, i'm jelly. Still in reroll hell for her. Haven't seen a 4* at all

So you STILL have no counter-argument.
>I play Sword/Shadow/Blood
>The two most overpowered classes and the one with some of the best board clears in the game
Of course, of course.

High stat value and lots of dudes is Sword's main gimmick. Fencer is a 3/3 for 3 with partial charge, the 3 mana token guy is a 2/4 (and shit), Floral Fencer is statistically the biggest evolve in the game, Frontguard General is a 7/9 taunt for 7.

Otohime is big but she also requires you have no board as Swordcraft, the class that cannot win without board, and does nothing on the turn she's played as the most tempo-based class in the game. Swordcraft has some very powerful amulets that they can't run because they would directly make Otohime worse. 1/2s are also awful units. If anything the strongest thing about Otohime is the fact she herself is 4 health, making the main body inconvenient to just AoE down for a lot of classes.

>Skill tree

Oh boy I am going to fuck this up. The google translate app is not recognizing the text well.

Here.

I'm still waiting for you to make an argument, because very clearly is not one.

Everyone has great board clears and removal except sword. I cant even think of a deck that would have issues with removal because even my aggro sword decks with literally no removal spells can trade with otohime.

You just REALLY suck at the game and somehow think crying and shitting the thread will make things better or convince people that its the game and not you.

None of that answers why Sea Queen Otohime is balanced???

Are you sure it's not fixed to 3* only ?

I haven't even gotten a single 2*, so I don't know if they got the full 2-4* roster in there.

Are you sure it's not after the first 25 gems post tutorial ?

But all those require certain things to get their full value, except the token guy but he's just got one extra health, big deal. Frontguard is just one body until he dies so if he's banished or bounced you don't get the full value, floral fencer needs to evolve, the buff cards need bodies on board or else they're actually weak.
And yes, the problem is her body. Ideally if sword had a card that completely filled their board it would just fill it with 1/2s. They still get a bunch of bodies but they don't also get a good minion in her own right. Like Sea Queen Otohime is a 4 drop stat-wise, and then she summons two ascetic knights? Which are 3 drops? So 10 mana worth of stats in a single 6 mana card with no extra work required at full value? Okay sure, sounds fair to me. Even if she only summoned two 1/2s you'd get 7 mana worth of stats in a 6 mana card.
I agree that Sword does need a way to come back, but Otohime is just straight up too much. And yeah you only play her when your board is gone, but hey, if your board isn't gone you don't need to play her. So that's irrelevant.

Yes. I got my 4* Yuuki from the tutorial roll.

Yes and? You also claimed Mordecai was unbalanced, then when refuted completely disregarded the argument and continued to making more empty claims.

Why should anyone take your claims about Otohime seriously when you can't even defend your claims about Mordecai?

Mordecai is definitely just whining, I'll admit.
But Otohime is actually just overpowered. No one has had a good retort. Yes, sword needs a way to come back, but 10 mana worth of stats in a 6 mana card without even needing to evolve is not balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

Please just stop replying to that retard. Its clear that he's just whining and crying about not knowing to play a card game and its painful to read his constant bitching about literally nothing.

One day he'll learn what removal means and maybe he'll get better at the game. He wont.

Well, for the first part, she's a legendary, she's supposed to be a major gamechanger which she very much is. She however is a reversal card, only good when Sword has no board which is their absolute worst state.

While the 7/12 on 5 bodies seems impressive, 2 defense means nothing to nearly every ward in the game. High defense only has value since it allows a unit to trade more than once and by turn 6, any ward coming up will likely kill any bodyguards used to trade.

In the end, even if lacking a board clear which deals with Otohime perfectly, taking out Otohime and 1-3 bodyguards still removes a lot of the threat even if the Sage Commander next turn. If you have no way to attack their board or ward against it then you probably just suck. If the opponent had already pressured to low HP by turn 6, then the Sword had good luck that round and will probably win. Otohime is merely a clincher in that situation.

In this end, there's no guarantee to winning any match and Otohime I rarely find comes close to such a guarantee. Don't blame Otohime for losses that you were already on the way to. Sometimes Sword gets a perfect curve while other decks don't, however that is a strength it depends on as an archetype. Their deckbuilding and victories are more reliant on that consistency. In exchange they have one of the worst lategames in the game.

Mordecai is guaranteed loss to them if allowed to value trade while Death's Breath lets shadow get to him. Purgatory control near ruins sword with no possible response if they get going. Sword if not primed to kill by turn 10 is stopped dead by Satan and especially Guardian Sun Satan. Bloodcraft with good use of vengeance and drain recovers all the damage Sword does.

Otohime is just strong, she's a bunch of value, but that's all she is. For which there are plenty of counters to. I have not seen a game where Otohime saved the Sword player when the opponent still had 20 HP..

Is team composition more important than subs in bghs?

>But all those require certain things to get their full value
Otohime doesn't?

>Otohime is a 4 drop stat-wise, and then she summons two ascetic knights?
Otohime is a bad 4-drop. Ascetic Knight is a bad 3-drop that's actually just 2 bad 1-drops.

So in total Otohime is a bad 4-drop and 4 bad 1-drops, a total of 8 mana worth of bad cards or 7 mana worth of good cards, she's a class legendary that's 1 mana better than average on the condition that she's played on an empty board and usually takes the entire turn no matter the mana available (because you can't drop buffer minions on a full board even if you have the mana).

In terms of mana value she's really not that great for a higher-cost legendary, especially not since Sword naturally pays less for stats compared to most other classes.

Team Composition is completely and absolutely unimportant until you start dealing with high-end event content(tests, that recent basement descent thing) and hard endgame.

A level 50 with 3 level 50 subs and a decent weapon will be able to deal with 80% of the game's content.

A great weapon, great skills, and limit breaking to level 70 will probably be able to deal with 90% to 95%.

>4 1/2s and a 3/4 all vanilla
>10 mana worth of stats
You're a fucking idiot.

Sword usually plays her from an empty board, now why would their board be empty in the first place?

Your opponent dropped an aoe board clear, this is the best case since you baited out removal and can fill your board right back up. You save her for moments like this.

Your opponent cleared out your board with their own guys, in which case you need to evolve or your board gets picked apart and your opponent has the rest of their mana to stabilize via a taunt or removal.

Not to mention the other crafts have AoEs that negate her, Revelation from Blood, Conflagration from Dragon, Themis from Haven, the Foul tempest from Shadow which leaves them with mana to spare due to costing so little, and fire chain from Rune.

You're literally doing nothing but shitting opinions into this thread. What you consider a "good retort" is also nothing but an opinion. You don't know how to have a serious discussion.

Otohime can also fuck a sword player because it fills their board. Its really fun when you manage to use Otohime against them.

If they have a full board then that means they cant drop more followers. If they cant drop more followers then that means they cant use windgod/sage commander.

And if they cant buff and quickly lethal me, I'm going to be shoving this dick down their throats in the late game just because I can.

If you need to try-hard yes. Casually, no, you just stack relevant event cards for point bonus if you're grinding event, or put your favorite attacks and high stat cards on a favorite student if you're just soloing main story stuff. You should try to solo if it's 300 or lower difficulty, for solo lesson gems, but if you can't there's no issue with that either.

There's different friendship skills you need for try-hardery. For the descends, I stacked +%SP on combo so I'd always regen a bit every level. If you wanted to make full use of an HP-based active, you'd need HP girl link and HP boosting friendship skills. For tests, combo reduction and damage is important. Invades benefit from friendship skills that activate under 60seconds.