/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080/#watch-rlgrobin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know that SLEX can completely fuck up your GUI, but i wouldn't recommend that to anyone, much less a newbie

>making jokes about colours in a B&W manga
Nice.

i don't know of any roguelikes where you normally start without shit like that

in cdda and caves of qud there are negative traits you can take that stop you form being able to see your exact hp

there are also a lot of really rare traps in slashem extended that do shit like fuck around with your hud, hide your health bar, etc

be wary of your faults today friends

Remember when he was an airstrike gatling gun?

RIP elf

The runed door contains a wight pack and a flayed ghost, at least you can run from the shadow

The annoying part is that the fucking vault apparently SPAWNS bats. I kept trying to rest to be interrupted by fucking megabats and fire bats, until I saw a fire bat "coming out of a crevice" on an altar

Just come back later, it's free exp if the wights don't have a polearm

Did they replace the Eidolon that guards the loot?

>Tfw the devs forgot Maud

that would be sad
they are beastly in comparison

>filename

Alliteration user is my hero

A shame that flayed ghost didn't spawn in the far left corner.

xth for remove cBlink for being the single most scummy and degenerate feature in Crawl

Remember to get inner flame whenever oyu get around to it.

>MisterLister giving anyone advice on anything ever
Nice joke.

Haha. I forgot about those. What fun times those were.

Lister is right tho.

you're the only one posting that though
you even use the same buzzwords every time

t. I can never play extended without cBlink

let us see what the madman dropped

I haven't done extended with cblink since before I started playing online. Literally 10+ ascensions.

The funny part is that you keep reposting this even though the original example was of a feature where the benefit so obviously outweighed by its experience cost that it would only ever become relevant in a game stripped of other forms of escape

>oh no the experience """cost""" for 9999 ?blink is so big it's not worth it

shitty +0 rN++ gloves

on a side note, never acquiring armour again

>at least you can run from the shadow

Yeah but they go sanic speed when they turn invisible, which means they're functionally faster than you.

Also those invisistabs hurt like a cunt.

i miss splint mail

I have no idea what the comic-portion of that image is attempting to portray.

THE ULTYMATE RESISTANCES OF THE GHOUL COMBINED WITH POWYRFUL CLAW ATTACKS + RANGED SUPERIORITY FROM OF THE ARKANE MARKSPERSON MAKES THE GHAM THE POWER CLASS OF 0.8, 0.10, AND 0.11. GO FOR SPLINT MAIL FOR MAXIMUM PROTECTION + FLEXIBILITY // - THIS GUIDE BY SLAUGHTRO POWER CRAWLMASTER X

You probably play tiles.

i miss banded mail

and spiked flails

and racial gear

and mountain dwarves

and hive

and that one race that were basically ents but only existed for like a week

Yes.

I imagine this being said with a thick russian guyovich accent.

green i is a spriggan
grey 9 is a gargoyle
white L is an ancient lich
purple X is an orb guardian
red * is an OoF
pink ^ is a zot trap
purple # is a wall colour in Zot.

That said it's drawn like shit so there's also that issue to contend with.

i play console only and i can confirm it's a fucking stupid image

i miss not being able to wear rings if your gloves were cursed

As opposed to acquiring what. It's hit and miss with it being better the more you can take advantage of.

Why did the spriggan turn into a gargoyle?

Good for you user, but your single conduct doesn't mean anything to the thousands of players (or probably tens of thousands) who have access to such a scummy and degenerate feature that completely destroys any form of proper game play.

Mostly I just wanted to call user a little bitch without saying it as bluntly. Worse than the "lichform or die" baddies.

I miss victory dancing and the XP pool. I also miss Ice Storm. And Paralyze, the spell. And Enchantments. And AC being stupidly powerful. And choosing a specialty of Ice/Fire when playing Wizards/Conjurers. And Freezing Cloud being in the Book of Conjurations [Ice]. And the Cheibro giving free resistances in addition to the high stats. And the huge number of options you used to have for starts.
I'm honestly considering playing Linley's Crawl.

So how are you meant to handle threat assessment in these types of games? For example, the troll in ToME4's starting area, or ADOM's vortexes. Outside of playing with a wiki up, is your only option to just chance it? Oh, instantly minced, I won't do that next time?

Tips for MuMo run?

Good roguelikes will let you examine the monster and get an estimation of its power

play games that give you decent information about the enemies you face, like dcss
too bad roguelikes have no idea how to handle user experience so most of them don't do that

>Oh, instantly minced, I won't do that next time

That's mostly the point of playing roguelikes just in case you were new to the game genre

Which version is that?

The one from the picture is .6 and so is most of that nostalgia
SuperAC and Paralyze come from .4 or earlier though.

Don't

Compare your numbers to their +'s and just get experience with the game.

By AC being ridicolous you mean it worked like nethack's?

can you explain SuperAC?

Just play it you humongous faglord. It's fun. You should also play that dcss circus animals that guys been talking about.

it is if you don't

How the shit are you supposed to play the hand of the dead in demon 8.3.2016?
Everything hits you for dickballs of damage and everything. EVERYTHING offensive is melee ranged. Any elemental damage requires you to split your stats 4 ways. same with debuffs. If you stick with str based skills you still have a whopping cunning.

Do I just scum until I get enough pay life links to get stuff with debuffs then use transpose soul for more debuffs?

ruk me amadeus

ruk me antaeus

Minotaur's with reflection and chei stats for max headbutt are just the best. you just passively kill your way through vaults.

tfw no ev

Don't forget longswords and hueg EV.

in tome you can literally see all the enemy's abilities and how much damage they do etc by looking at their character sheet in game

Persevere.

ruk around the clock

>mfw my apt so dank I could cast a lvl 9 spell at lvl 14

I love how it's ignoring me, like there's nothing out of the ordinary here.

I guess it's actually smaller than I imagined, almost as disappointing as zot's killer golf balls of fire.

psh.

Not like that helps you when they randomly roll level 12 abilities.

Das it, mane.

>21%
Uh.... If you want man.

>tfw died with 4 runes in Spi:5 with a +9 QB of distortion
stay on your toes.

All told, Dark/Debuff Vodun's mask is going pretty good. I've been going all-in into cunning so I can land hexes even if it's gonna kill me later. Hex makes sure we affect anything not immune. weigh sin lets me chip in for the heal effort. Tried to fish up some more slash moves for headless with the red cap so I have a physical buffer Headless with a light fuse for resist that applies pariah and can heal itself. a mostly infection based leecher malingee with an ice fuse for resist, the red cap is a swap front liner until he dies off. I got a gand for a mana battery. A huo Sho i'm building as a fire/poison ignition stacker. i'll get a healer somewhere down the road.

I dunno what the dev changed but demon's early game is a lot more accessible now.

>You fall through a shaft for 3 floors!
i thought DCSS was supposed to be lighter on the bullshit

It is. In a game like Nethack you can step on a trap and get polymorphed into a gelatinous cube. All your armor breaks when this happens as well.

Doing this map on crawl.akrasiac.org:8080/#watch-rlgrobin

What's the difference of your floor X char to your floor X+3 char without getting shafted? An additional 2-3 skill levels worth of nothing? Or a single level worth of nothing? So basically, literally none right?

>Not looking at my hp
>You have died
Fug.

Dunno how I feel about being the party debuffer. On one hand I can really lay down the guilt. On the other, i'm still missing an ass ton and there's not other cursed or cunning improvers to buff up a feybug unti I get lucky with spawns.

>post yfw you realized that most demons have no rElec

Most monsters in all roguelikes are not resistant to electricity.

Is there a working Sil public server?

And how about servers for other games that are not NetHack and DCSS?

Not that I know of. Roguenex.us served a bunch of games, but got taken down recently because of shitty security.
There was another sil server too, but it got taken down since it had the same setup as roguenex.us.

Yeah, let's hope roguenex.us gets better.

There's a server for classic Rogue tho
SSH to rlgallery.org.
username: rodney password: yendor

Oh neat. I've been looking for roguev5 for a while, since rogueforge.net seems to be down.

Look at rlgallery.org download section. They have all of these games in a bundle there.

>bored of DCSS
>dead set against ascii
this is suffering.

Don't you guys find rougelikes extremely repetitive? After beating crawl once, i just couldn't bring myself to play it again

more like u could never beat it again because ur such a skrub lol

That's dope user. Thanks.
Self-inflicted suffering, user.
I manage this by playing many different roguelikes. The good ones really do feel interesting and different every time.

Why are you dead set against it?

Nah, different drops and trying different builds and fighting different shit at different times has kept me going for some 7 years now.

lol nice post
whats next in line then user?
Guess i could do a MuMo run

Try out Sil.

looks good. Thanks user

Sil, Dynahack, Infra arcana are good main games

Brogue, Crawl, Forays into Norrendin, POWDER, shattered pixel dungeon will tide you over.

Demon. elona+ non-inferno, Cataclysm DDA are some fun roguelites.

>Demon is a roguelite
You have the same level of control over your dudes as a Yred worshipper would in DCSS.

It diverges too far from rogue with its emphasis on the party and party customization.

Okay, my good man.

Elona+ inferno is a roguelite too

How so if ADOM is considered a roguelike?