Thoughts on the rf?

Thoughts on the rf?
Would you get this over the nd?

Also while on the topic of the miata , between it and the brz which is a better dd?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toyota sfr = goat

>Also while on the topic of the miata , between it and the brz which is a better dd?

BRZ, more room, more comfortable, faster.

I was hoping it'd be a fixed hardtop and not a retractable one.

They got me excited, and dashed away all my hopes.

>Using an obviously bait picture
Do you have buyers remorse that the FRS is shit?

Now boys i dont want any fighting in my thread, anyway which one is more fun to drive? Also im not sure if im gonna be into the modlife culture , i just want a car thats fun ti drive and can take me point a to b and back. I know.

Ive literally only rode a convertable once in my life so please dont call me a retqrd when i ask whats wrong with jist keeping the top up if you dont like it?

The mechanisms to retract the roof add weight to the car compared to a fixed roof. I just wanted a fastback miata that looks like a miniature 240Z from the future.

the mx-5 is more fun up to 8/10 driving, and is faster at 10/10's. though the 86 is more confidence inspiring and easier to drift.

Considering also superior interior quality, engine and gearing (frs has to shift to get to 60, and boxer engines sound terrible), and that the 2017 ND's will be even faster and stiffer...

If your worried about weight, you should go on a diet fat boy

Neither are practical at all, sadly. Miata doesn't even have a glovebox. (it has storage between the seats though)
However, I've test-driven both, and the Miata was more fun to drive.
They both felt about as fast as each-other, but I liked how the Miata felt a lot more

Up to you, drive both and decide.

>passenger volume

That's horse shit. I test drove both on the same day, and I expected the Miata to be crazy good, and the gt-86 to be mediocre.
The Miata is waaaay too soft, feels like sailing a boat.
The gt-86 had a way better gearbox too, and was confidence inspiring, and properly fun. It's by no means a fast car, but the new miata is just underwhelming, stock to stock at least

What trim level did you try?
I drove the Club, which has an LSD and Bilstein shocks, very nice, very firm.

>between it and the brz which is a better dd?
The one with the fixed roof and backseats, if only to flip them down and extend the boot.

How much additional weight is added with the retractable roof system?
They need a true coupe version with a supercharger imo

>Thoughts on the rf?
Useless. Buying a convertible for top-up performance if stupid.
>Would you get this over the nd?
No. I'd get the ND over the RF, and the 124 Spider over both, simply because it looks less angry, and it'll be in my pricerange sooner.

BRZ is arguably the better DD, but Miata/Fiata is arguably the better, lighter fun car. Also, top comes off, for even more fun.

>anyway which one is more fun to drive?
Go test drive them then.

Both respond pretty well to mods, but the BRZ moreso. If you want a very complete car from the factory, the Miata is probably the better choice.

Not just weight, also chassis rigidity.

Your expectations may have had something to do with your experience though.

Miata suspension is notoriously soft. Go for one of the special editions with adjustable suspension, or buy coilovers to fix that. Expect the Abarth Fiata to solve the issue entirely.

Boosted factory Miata? If only Mazda were that crazy.
>tfw no 2.3 DISI turbo miata

Aww don't like independently sourced facts?

>which one is more fun to drive?

I drove both, I'm currently waiting for Subaru to build my BRZ, the MX5 failed to impress in any way (the 1.5 is the better engine having driven it and the 2L, much more perky but the BRZ felt like a better all round package)

It was the standard version. I couldn't quite get the right seating position either. And I'm almost a manlet.
I was very positively surprised, I have an s2000 as a summer car, but the gt-86 seemed more fun on the small twisty roads, though that might have been having traction control which I don't have in the honda

My expectations definetly had a lot to do with it. There was just a lot of things, the suspension, the seation position, the engine, the transmission. Nothing seemed 100% in tune. everything was 70% which made everything seem off.

i really, REALLY love the concept of a sort of retractable targa top with a fastback side profile, it's just neat, and is barely heavier than the soft top miats

if i wasn't dead set on a used abarth 124 i'd def consider an RF

I dunno man looks kinda weird with the top down

>BRZ has only 3 more torque despite 45 more hp
What a fucking joke

I DD a BRZ, the only problem is having more than one or two passengers. But other than its fine.

>The Miata has three less torques and 45 fewer horses despite having the same sized engine.

Now that's a joke.

>cares about torque
Doesn't understand gears.

it makes the same torque and keeps it at a higher rpm than the mazda, which allows it to make more power.

not on my watch you cuckolded son of a bitch

motortrend.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

> 1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

>makes more power
>still slower

toyobaru cucks on suicide watch

I just pointed out a fact. I've never owned a toyota or really care about them.

>Also while on the topic of the miata , between it and the brz which is a better dd?
the fiat 124 abarth

I would deny any ownership of a toyota aswell

whatever you say bro
i like old toyotas but i drive a honda

Nice cherry picking of tests.