/mcg/ - Minecraft General - DIAMONDS Edition

Previous thread: →

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NguWGI7RhSA
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
youtu.be/QZBfBJ6_rWI
youtube.com/watch?v=EOQcnliEjXM
youtube.com/watch?v=pcexqPdH-ZI
sprunge.us/KEiE
youtube.com/watch?v=QUcTsFe1PVs
i.imgur.com/MM3sLzN.png
imgur.com/a/Hxz5d
alexroe.bandcamp.com/album/night-of-the-hunt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Benis

r8 my hole

I can confirm, it is in fact, a large hole.
Also, quarried stone normally spawns at surface level, in hillsides

Railcraft's quarried stone? You can easily find it in forest biomes, just walking around the surface they should be plenty visible.

First for beta 1.7.3, the last real version

quarried stone is in deserts now

why so?

yeah, only sadly it lacks stone bricks.

hobo da serb

Anons! What projects are you all working on? Are you happy with how its going?

because the version after it fundamentally changed the game. new world gen, new lighting, hunger, health regeneration, sprinting, the end, endermen, food stacks, villages, strongholds, silverfish, cave spiders, and many other things

it wasn't the same game anymore

You guys ever see shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=NguWGI7RhSA

and just want to stop trying?

Not happening in the near future. I would also recommend that you stick to the 1.7.10 version.

If you need any hotfixes on the 1.7.10 version, poke me and I'll look into them.

Here's a bit of historical trivia you might not know: in late 2009 (or was it early 2010?), someone actually assembled a copy of almost every Minecraft release to date and put up a website with them. It included many versions we now consider "lost". Notch requested a takedown a few days later.

Nah. I look at my work that's at best two stories high and say that those ginormous buildings can't appreciated properly in a player standpoint.

*can't be
Whoops.

>alright I've fucked around enough, time to make a new base
>suddenly can't feel like playing anymore
füg

What steps do you take when moving to a new properly organized base? I find that I usually completely rebuild storage and move manual machines first. Then move a little bit of everything that I have a lot of, to ensure that that's sorted properly. Then move the entire storage in bulk. And finally, I move anything that is constantly running or active like farms, animal pens, and automated processing machines.

stop asking things you already know dipshit

ded

ripip

I want inspo for medieval/steampunk factories. Post inspo.

ugh, there are only 2 ore generation mods for 1.10. DrCyano's just got a rewrite that doesn't work with Substratum and SimpleOreGen is shit. I just want yellorite in Dead biomes motherfuckers rrrreeeeee

you should add this in your useful links collection:
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>p10

plz somebody start shitposting

wew

shit that's a good point user. I'll throw in a couple 'how-to' steps as well.

ded thwed, wiiiiise fwom youw gwaaaaaaave.

I agree. Building huge but there being nothing ingame to justify that huge-osity is just pointless.

Vanilla Minecraft is better than any of the bloated mods you fuckers praise. Less is more.

Did your guys' favorite mods make the list?
youtu.be/QZBfBJ6_rWI

>vanilla is better
that would be only true if vanilla established any frameworks at all
however it's a design clusterfuck
so no, no matter what you think, you're wrong

I was replying to

>outing yourself as shitposting immediately
that's not what you do
you want to get the other guy really invested in an argument with you, then when someone complains about it, admit you were leading him on.
best to do this after he types up a massive wall of text

>Actually thinking I was rusing
>Being this new
1.7.10fags, everyone.

1.7.10 is the best version
no one wants to suck off some strange looking pufferfish that remind me of a really old flash game

>tfw someone reposts your bullshit progress screenshots
D E L E T E T H I S

If 1.7.10 is so great, why are no more mods being released for it?

>not wanting to build something big and beautiful
>not filling it with machinery or magical altars

DELET
autism + 12 year olds + reddit chased off most of the modders?
maybe?
or hanlon's razor has come into effect and they just have shit taste

Guys how do I use the ore dictionary? I have forge installed. Will the ore dictionary work automatically? Can I add entries to it? I can't find it in with the other config files and I can't even find a jar file for forge

youtube.com/watch?v=EOQcnliEjXM

minetweaker.
yes.
yes.
you do not configure it via forge config files as it automagically does things for you. if you want to modify the ore dictionary you should use minetweaker+modtweaker.

It is automatically installed and if the mod authors registered their items they will work.

You can add additional items to it using MineTweaker, if you need help i'll be happy to help.

ore dictionary is a registry system that's part of forge
in order to edit it you need to either edit the source of the mod or use mine/mod tweaker

OK awesome. I'm getting minetweaker now. Thanks anons

mine and modtweaker are super useful
you can add, remove, and change recipes while the game is still running
helps with fixing broken recipes, making your own autism pack with custom recipes, and other stuff

>how do I use the ore dictionary?

There are two sides to it. First, items can be added to an ore dictionary key - e.g. copper ores are added to "oreCopper", ingots to "ingotCopper", etc. Most mods will do this already, and you can use Minetweaker to fix the ones that don't.

Second, crafting table recipes can have an oredict key as one of the ingredients instead of a plain item. So a recipe for a copper pickaxe (if the mod that adds it is smart) would have and as the ingredients instead of, say, and . This means it can work with any copper ingot and any kind of wooden stick.

Most processing machines (furnace, pulverizer, etc) also allow oredict keys as inputs. However, the output type cannot be an oredict key, which is why, say, a TE pulverizer always outputs TE dust from any ingot, while an IE Crusher always outputs IE grit. This is where mods like UniDict (?) come in - they change the outputs of every recipe to a different item from the same oredict key.

One more thing - Forge does a couple of things to the oredict and to vanilla items on its own. It registers a lot of vanilla items to several preset oredict keys like oreIron, ingotIron, logWood, plankWood, stickWood, etc. It also modifies lots of vanilla crafting and furnace recipes to have those oredict keys as inputs instead of the vanilla items.

What this means is, if your mod adds custom wood, all you have to do is add it to logWood to make it be smeltable to charcoal.

Food for thought: Sometimes, you can craft 9 ingots into a block, and then when you craft the block back into ingots, you get a different kind of ingot. Why would this happen?

That's more of a recipe conflict. Fixable with MT, but annoying to do for lots of metals. Or just install something like No More Recipe Conflict, which gives the vanilla crafting table the option to cycle through different outputs of the same recipe

speaking of making autism packs.

who else here is actively/procrastinating working on making their own modpack? I'd like to see how others have handled progression and balans so I can get a frame of reference of what others have done.

if you used tech mods, how did you balance power generation? did you change TiCon's mechanics if you included it? (ie; ore output in smeltery, oreberry bushes, alloying in smeltery)
did you add stuff like Metallurgy and ExtraTic, and how did you make them fit?

spreadsheet or no spreadsheet? did you tier stuff for ease of organization and thememe or did you leave things mostly organic within each mod?

if you've played a pack that was particularly well done in some area or really disliked something about a pack, can you mention what it was? I'd like to avoid making similar mistakes.

depends on which mod registered its recipes first I would imagine. its like a race condition.

>its like a race condition.

More or less. Forge actually sorts the vanilla crafting recipes after all the mods or loaded.

Several mods each add two recipes: *9 -> and -> *9. Forge tries to put oredict recipes before non-oredict recipes, but these are all oredict recipes, so the order they come out of the sort is basically an implementation detail of Forge (and maybe Java).

If they used a stable sort, it would come out in the mod loading order, but it isn't specified that they do.

I learned about this when I fixed a bug in StorageDrawers that for some players gave oak drawers when they tried to craft something like Rainbow Eucalyptus drawers. It was a nine-character fix.

Wow all these responses have been extremely helpful. Why can't I find this kind of information on the actual wiki?

I'm thinking of getting into modding, I've already watched crayfish's tutorials (most of them anyways) and I want to know how to do more complicated stuff.
Problem is, I don't know how to impliment stuff like the RF api.
What I want to do is take the source of say, mekanism, and take a look at how it works.
But I don't know how to do this. Mostly because github confuses me.
I also don't know how to look at the source of multiple mods in one testing environment.
I think to just look at mek's source I just have to download it and run "gradlew setupdecompworkspace" then "gradlew eclispe" or whatever the command is, right?
But doesn't that just setup a workspace with only mek?
Or am I wrong here?
Basically I need help looking at things to learn things.

you can import projects into your workspace and also look at the code in different windows all at once

>can
How?
I'm aware I'm being somewhat retarded, but do I do import project from git?
I need to be spoonfed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pcexqPdH-ZI
use google

Google-san gives me video tutorials.
I hate video tutorials.
But fine, looks like I'll have to put up with them some more.

Maybe because you haven't added it to the wiki. Pay it forward!

to grab a mod's source and learn from that, you need to learn git. GitHub actually has good instruction on how to do stuff with git. But first you should fork the mod which is simple, you just hit "Fork" on the mod repo. Then you have to get it onto your computer using git which is the part I don't know and you'd have to read about.

if you want to just explore the repo all you have to do after that is create a new project with your chosen IDE and tell it you already have sources to make a project from and it'll build itself around that.
you could also just download the branch as a zip and drop it somewhere to build a project from, that would be the fastest route.

the method you SHOULD use to understand which Vanilla and Forge functions a mod uses means you need to create a basic dev environment.
so you do the whole gradlew setup blah blah with Forge. You get the repo files you want--you can just download the zip if you want to be lazy or using your fork create the repo in the new workspace you've made on your system.

it sounds really fucking complicated because it is but once you've done it a couple times you start to learn the motions.

t. user that made a lot of workspaces but never went anywhere with them nor knows much about git so take with a pinch of salt

Bamp

A Desert Palace I finished building a while ago.

Neat.
How did you learn how to into aesthetics for the record?
I want to know.

A Slavic themed palace/temple.
Inspired by Vsevolod Ivanov illustrations

1.10.2 has plenty of good mods. You don't need to play with every single one you've ever played with on older versions. It's a good chance to try new things.

Could you be more specific? I don't know how to answer this...

Just general design tips I guess.
I tend to focus too much on colors and overdesign my builds, while physically they just look flat.
I don't really know how to bring depth to them.

Any neat 1.10.2 mods besides what's in this list?

(this isn't a pack yet, just what I downloaded to build the pack from, I won't be using everything)

sprunge.us/KEiE

Not listed: clientside mods like betterfps, mousetweaks, etc. and serverside mods like BTFU and Morpheus

The Great Ziggurat.

youtube.com/watch?v=QUcTsFe1PVs

Depth is not important. Humans (including all other animals) see mostly by contrast. You have to direct the viewer/players eye via contrasting colours or light.

You have any pics?

Not of recent builds no, it's been a while since I actually tried building something.
But contrast helps. I usually go with a uniform surface, or stuff of similar coloration.
I'll try it in my next build.

Overview of my working map. The Asian pavilion will evolve into a bigger build in the coming weeks...

You have a 'style' or palette you're comfortable with? I mostly start off with a basic material and shape, where the details serve to accentuate the form where I'm going for...

these please my dick

I usually try to focus my builds on either the mods I'm focusing on at the time, or something that looks native to the biome.

My pleasure! *teehee*

i.imgur.com/MM3sLzN.png

Am I the only one who thinks Reika invents this drama? That he uses multiple accounts to argue with himself, and then other accounts to post it to Reddit? Just look at the writing style, it's so similar to every other time Reika got "attacked" by players or server admins.

And what a coincidence, the same day someone else is posting about Reika's updater on Reddit as well. We go months without hearing anything about Reika but then every so often you see this spike in drama about him.

He's doing it himself. Guaranteed. You should probably even assume that I'm Reika, that's how bad it is.

I think you are right Reika.
Its almost certainly Reika.
t. Reika

Are your meds not working?

glorious.

ziggurat vertigo-a-go-go

Hmm. This is my first time reading anything by Reika other than some mod overviews, but that does seem plausible.

What mods are in this screenshot?

imgur.com/a/Hxz5d

First post on Veeky Forums .. ever.

I'm scared.

credit goes to noodlor, I just spin-em

>get to the bottom of the screenshot
>dude, these guys are violating the Minecraft EULA by putting you on the MCBans list for you telling people they broke the way the game is supposed to work
>Admin: Y-YOU THINK I CARE? I HAVE FRIENDS AT CREEPERHOST, THIS WON'T DO SHIT! MOJANG CAN'T TOUCH ME, I'M UNTOUCHABLE!
Holy shit, dude.

nice
welcome to autism newfriend

This is our safespace. More comfy than the Reddit mob :^)

Link to the videofile, made by pythonscript, right?

It really kind of looks like that doesn't it.
The lack typos or in general awkward sentences you'd expect from the internet, they really are too neat and refined, especially when the topics feel like they should reflect more heat and be emotionally unstable. The thing that really gets me is those italics, how often do you see unique things like that pop up, and of course they're only in the admin and reika's comments. Of course they have the same structuring and impact too. Also where is his issue tracker, did he remove it?

neat.

basically everything there in the foreground is Immersive Engineering and Chisel.

So my friends have never played modded minecraft before, only vanilla, I'd like to introduce them to some mods, but don't want to explain every little thing to them, are there any good premade modpacks that are easy for beginners, have a nice selection of mods and preferably like a quest book or something to guide them?

Time to rebuild!

Anyone else listen to some good background music while zoning out in Minecraft?

Give me some suggestions if you do?

just listen to your favorite music on your mp3 player or whatever

or turn up the ingame music volume

alexroe.bandcamp.com/album/night-of-the-hunt

I recently listened to this album, inspired by Bloodborne/Dark Souls.

Feels great while exploring the dark and lonely depths of autism.

Python, yup

I'm trying to get the temple to load in with mcedit .. never used mcedit .. I want to spin the temple

I had no idea I could download the webm from gfycat and link it here

til

it's clearly Reicunt with fake accounts
the funniest thing is that this hypothetic situation is caused by him being a fucking moron that bans minetweaker

it needs to repeat a few more times upward. make a whole tower of corkscrew "fuck your physics" like that.